DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
This is a thread for reporting anything you believe to be a bug! We have just updated the forum to a whole new software version, so there are bound to be errors. Please post ALL bug reports here for the time being.

LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES (CHECK THIS LIST BEFORE POSTING):

• Some BBcodes may be broken! Please DO NOT report BBcode issues here. Go to this thread instead.
  • Some permission settings may be broken. Please DO report any issues you have with viewing or using thread, post, or other tools.
  • The styles are not finished. Please DO report anything that causes visibility issues.
  • The Ads Manager and roleplay ad banners are currently unavailable. There is an error that is top priority to fix, don't worry.
  • Some Google Fonts are not displaying correctly.
  • The bump tool for threads is not compatible with 2.0. We are working to find a replacement but there is currently not a viable option. :[
  • Signatures are displaying full size rather than collapsing. We are also trying to fix this, but until then, please use smol signatures and do not stretch the page. Signatures now auto scroll if they are too tall.
  • Post ratings got eaten in the database transfer. We unfortunately can't do anything about this one. They still are counted towards your ranking for most likes on the Members page, but may not all appear on your posts or on your profile count. UPDATE: Post reaction counts for profiles should now be FIXED. Some reactions still did not transfer over, specifically those from deleted users or those given to posts by deleted users.
  • Custom site styles are no longer a thing because the new version of UIX does not include a style chooser. To make up for this, new site styles are on the way! We'll be adding a variety of color styles to go with our greyscale options. (ALSO CLOWN FIESTA.)
  • Prefixes for Inbox Conversations didn't make it, but you can now create categories!
  • STAR FORUMS ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCESSIBLE. We are working on a fix for this but this one was a major nasty surprise. Please hold tight, this just became top priority. Go here to get this fixed!
  • Character Gallery bio fields are not displaying properly, but don't worry! They're not lost! We'll have them up as soon as possible. Bios are now visible! There is still an error with the field phrases though.
  • "Restricted" Clans are hidden to everyone except specific usergroups (currently, none). If your Clan is set to Restricted and you can no longer view it, contact an Admin for help.
  • Alerts are given for every new post reaction. Until this is fixed, you can turn off notifications for reactions in your Preferences.
  • Sidebars and conversation info may not be displaying in Firefox. Chrome and IE display correctly.
  • Dice roller and results are not displaying. They SHOULD still be in there, however, so we'll get those back soon. The new dice roller could not transfer the data in to the new system - HOWEVER the data still exists. If you need dice roll records, give us the post id for each roll and we can get that for you.
  • Zero Star is not hiding the star forums from the index.
  • Ban reasons now show on profiles and not on banned members' posts. Their posts are not greyed-out and their avatars are not removed. We lost this addon.
  • After leaving conversations, they still count towards the category tally.
  • The Ignore Forum function got lost. Currently no viable alternative addon.
  • Element Clans have reverted to gender selections. We'll switch this back ASAP, since we can't remove this field. GUESS WHAT? WE CAN FINALLY DELETE THIS. It is kill.
  • BbCode in Profile Posts is currently turned OFF due to a massive error. It will return once that error is fixed.

LIST OF KNOWN STYLE ISSUES

• Roleplay resumes are squished and cut off in the thread view (below avatars).
  • Thread prefixes at the top of the forum index are scrolling endlessly to the right rather than moving to a new row. Fixed.
  • Mobile does not have an easy way to access your own profile from the dropdown menu.
  • Thread export is cutting off at 3000 posts. The cut off is now 300,000 posts. If that is not enough, damn.
  • Alert flags on mobile do not show unless you click the menu.
  • Conversations are squished.
  • Block notices are appearing below thread titles and tags.
  • There is a huge empty space on mobile between the user info and the post field for posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it normal to not see anything in "Latest Activity" in my own profile?

The bbcode in profile posts has been temporarily turned off due to a MASSIVE template error. It will be back once it is fixed.

Collaborative threads have also been temporarily turned off due to a small error. They'll also return after a fix.

Not really that important but, I noticed someone probably committed a typo while updating the BBCode Help Page:

1536590534429.png

I assume it was supposed to say heart and this is why the animation isn't showing up beside it?

Addendum: The demonstration of the marquee code in the very same page seems to be broken. Not the code itself, that one still works exactly as described, just the example of it. Perhaps someone typo-ed on it too?

Last edited:
I am running into a very, very, very, jarring and strange bug.

For whatever reason Iwaku is at random showing the wrong images in the wrong place, IE User A has a Banner, User B has a banner and a sig, normally it's all good and fine, works as it should...

Then the strangeness happens, I can upload a few images as proof if need be, or DM them via discord but like;

User B's Signature will show up as User A's banner, User B's signature won't show up at all and user A's Banner can repeat often. Each time I refresh it changes. At times it's totally normal, at others is a disjointed nightmare.

If it helps any, I use Windows Edge (yes I know shit taste confirmed), I have erased cookies and I've checked the URL's on the images to be sure they are in fact correct in posting if not in displaying. And I have logged out, erased cookies and history, the problem vanishes briefly but always returns suddenly. Oddly it seems the more replies on a page the greater the chance, IE a full page will have the issue several times but a new page with only a handful of replies won't at all for a bit.

I'll include a couple examples I copy pasted in discord OOC's with links to the relv posts so you can see what should be there.

iwakuroleplay.com/threads/s.176292/page-2#post-3789089

View attachment 166404

BY INVITATION ONLY Aachen Rizen Compile - Kenno Matsuri [ In Character ]
View attachment 166403
This may be something odd with image caching. Nothing in the actual coding/styling would cause this kind of issue! The images are displaying in the correct places, you're just having moments where they load incorrectly in your browser.

So I was testing with a cover on my own profile, and the position was sticking after refreshing. I just went to see if I could make your cover stick, and it totally does not stick in the same position! Have you tried with a different image?
I did and the results were still the same. The image i'm using now is the only one where everything is visible even though it moves after refreshing.

Also, another issue: when on mobile I close the different sections (Site orientation, Roleplay connections etc.), exit my phone's browser but when I check again all sections are reopened
Your mobile browser is likely clearing out the cache, so it's not remembering to keep the forums hidden.

Is it normal to not see anything in "Latest Activity" in my own profile?
I believe this is the case, yes! You should still be able to see your latest posts under the Postings tab.

Not really that important but, I noticed someone probably committed a typo while updating the BBCode Help Page:

View attachment 166493

I assume it was supposed to say heart and this is why the animation isn't showing up beside it?

Addendum: The demonstration of the marquee code in the very same page seems to be broken. Not the code itself, that one still works exactly as described, just the example of it. Perhaps someone typo-ed on it too?
The samples, with the exception of our custom ones, were copypasta'd from the developers/sources, but that typo for the FA code is fixed now! The marquee sample appears to be working just fine. What does it look like on your screen?

The marquee sample appears to be working just fine. What does it look like on your screen?
It was just a still text earlier. Now it does seem to be working fine though, maybe Opera was just freaking out a bit there, it does seem to slow down or freeze the animation at times (I admit my computer is weak as heck too)

Oh well, guess it's a local issue then, false alarm~ My bad u.u

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Astaroth
This may be something odd with image caching. Nothing in the actual coding/styling would cause this kind of issue! The images are displaying in the correct places, you're just having moments where they load incorrectly in your browser.

Hmm maybe it'll sort it's self out in time then.

News feed is incredibly buggy right now. Sometimes when I check it it'll say there's nothing on it, or it'll only show one thing. No idea what's going on there.

I noticed today there is no longer an edited date/time stamp in convo post. I dunno if this is a bug or not, but was told I should throw it up here. :)

I am having an issue with the conversation box shaking, for lack of a better word, when typing out private messages. I'm not sure if this falls under the "conversations are squished" bug, but I thought I'd share.

I am having an issue with the conversation box shaking, for lack of a better word, when typing out private messages. I'm not sure if this falls under the "conversations are squished" bug, but I thought I'd share.
If you have grammarly, try disabling that or fiddling with its settings.

Some people's stars aren't showing up... I think maybe it's a styling issue or something like that.

I think it's only affecting bluestars. I haven't seen a single bluestar icon.

(Unless this was stealth changed and only adults have stars at all now?)

Some people's stars aren't showing up... I think maybe it's a styling issue or something like that.

I think it's only affecting bluestars. I haven't seen a single bluestar icon.

(Unless this was stealth changed and only adults have stars at all now?)
From what I can tell, only people who have filled out the new forms to gain redstar or bluestar access have icons? I could be wrong, but that was what I gathered.

Having some issues on my 5s. When I'm on a page, the site is just slightly too large for my screen and I end up accidentally scrolling sideways, but when I zoom out, this happens.

7159B961-32F4-4D2C-981F-6C624DD372C1.jpeg

HI I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND ME A BUG OF SOME MANNER.

When I attempt to start a conversation, I'm prompted with a pop-up box asking me to choose a destination forum. This occurs when attempting to start multiple conversations with members assigned to different user groups.

Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean.

conversation_bug-1024x507.jpg

HI I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND ME A BUG OF SOME MANNER.

When I attempt to start a conversation, I'm prompted with a pop-up box asking me to choose a destination forum. This occurs when attempting to start multiple conversations with members assigned to different user groups.

Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean.

conversation_bug-1024x507.jpg
To piggyback off of this I'm encountering the same issue, but when trying to send one to a just a single member.
I haven't used the PM system in ages, and when I attempted to send one I was met by the same prompt.
There are no options to choose from within the 'Destination Forum' box, so there is nothing to click in order to continue,
and ultimately send an actual message.

I don't know if this a bug, but I just realized I'm not green anymore as I'm a Donator. I haven't canceled the monthly donations, and I checked my PayPal to check this out. I'm confused now. It is a bug or I did something without realizing it? O-o

Last edited:
I think this is more a bug then a BBCode issue so here it goes: I had a table and then inside one of the cells I added a code in between CODE tags. What happened is that since the code was all one line, it stretched the table beyond the page's dimensions (A horizontal scroll showed up even) which was weird and forced me to change to PLAIN tags instead...

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be allowed to stretch the page like that.

I think this is more a bug then a BBCode issue so here it goes: I had a table and then inside one of the cells I added a code in between CODE tags. What happened is that since the code was all one line, it stretched the table beyond the page's dimensions (A horizontal scroll showed up even) which was weird and forced me to change to PLAIN tags instead...

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be allowed to stretch the page like that.
You can also try using the icode tags. Regular code tags are a little janky and don't like word-wrap.

• Useful
Reactions: Loveless
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but a thread I had been watching with email alerts seemed to have been unwatched.

I ran a bunch of mod updates tonight, so if your thing has been fixed, lemme know it's been fixed so I can cross it off the list!

Status
Not open for further replies.