DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
This is a thread for reporting anything you believe to be a bug! We have just updated the forum to a whole new software version, so there are bound to be errors. Please post ALL bug reports here for the time being.

LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES (CHECK THIS LIST BEFORE POSTING):

• Some BBcodes may be broken! Please DO NOT report BBcode issues here. Go to this thread instead.
  • Some permission settings may be broken. Please DO report any issues you have with viewing or using thread, post, or other tools.
  • The styles are not finished. Please DO report anything that causes visibility issues.
  • The Ads Manager and roleplay ad banners are currently unavailable. There is an error that is top priority to fix, don't worry.
  • Some Google Fonts are not displaying correctly.
  • The bump tool for threads is not compatible with 2.0. We are working to find a replacement but there is currently not a viable option. :[
  • Signatures are displaying full size rather than collapsing. We are also trying to fix this, but until then, please use smol signatures and do not stretch the page. Signatures now auto scroll if they are too tall.
  • Post ratings got eaten in the database transfer. We unfortunately can't do anything about this one. They still are counted towards your ranking for most likes on the Members page, but may not all appear on your posts or on your profile count. UPDATE: Post reaction counts for profiles should now be FIXED. Some reactions still did not transfer over, specifically those from deleted users or those given to posts by deleted users.
  • Custom site styles are no longer a thing because the new version of UIX does not include a style chooser. To make up for this, new site styles are on the way! We'll be adding a variety of color styles to go with our greyscale options. (ALSO CLOWN FIESTA.)
  • Prefixes for Inbox Conversations didn't make it, but you can now create categories!
  • STAR FORUMS ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCESSIBLE. We are working on a fix for this but this one was a major nasty surprise. Please hold tight, this just became top priority. Go here to get this fixed!
  • Character Gallery bio fields are not displaying properly, but don't worry! They're not lost! We'll have them up as soon as possible. Bios are now visible! There is still an error with the field phrases though.
  • "Restricted" Clans are hidden to everyone except specific usergroups (currently, none). If your Clan is set to Restricted and you can no longer view it, contact an Admin for help.
  • Alerts are given for every new post reaction. Until this is fixed, you can turn off notifications for reactions in your Preferences.
  • Sidebars and conversation info may not be displaying in Firefox. Chrome and IE display correctly.
  • Dice roller and results are not displaying. They SHOULD still be in there, however, so we'll get those back soon. The new dice roller could not transfer the data in to the new system - HOWEVER the data still exists. If you need dice roll records, give us the post id for each roll and we can get that for you.
  • Zero Star is not hiding the star forums from the index.
  • Ban reasons now show on profiles and not on banned members' posts. Their posts are not greyed-out and their avatars are not removed. We lost this addon.
  • After leaving conversations, they still count towards the category tally.
  • The Ignore Forum function got lost. Currently no viable alternative addon.
  • Element Clans have reverted to gender selections. We'll switch this back ASAP, since we can't remove this field. GUESS WHAT? WE CAN FINALLY DELETE THIS. It is kill.
  • BbCode in Profile Posts is currently turned OFF due to a massive error. It will return once that error is fixed.

LIST OF KNOWN STYLE ISSUES

• Roleplay resumes are squished and cut off in the thread view (below avatars).
  • Thread prefixes at the top of the forum index are scrolling endlessly to the right rather than moving to a new row. Fixed.
  • Mobile does not have an easy way to access your own profile from the dropdown menu.
  • Thread export is cutting off at 3000 posts. The cut off is now 300,000 posts. If that is not enough, damn.
  • Alert flags on mobile do not show unless you click the menu.
  • Conversations are squished.
  • Block notices are appearing below thread titles and tags.
  • There is a huge empty space on mobile between the user info and the post field for posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see the list of who's online on mobile...
I just realized you can see the whole side bar and who's online mobile.

Click then dots et voila :D
Aha! So that's where they were hiding! Daaamn, I would have never ever realised that, so thank you for letting us know o/
Uh, I don’t have the dots on iPhone 7.
Have you checked the main page? That's where the sidebar and Who's Online is located.

I'm having a glitch where, on chrome, if I got to my interest check every image on that page is replaced by the text banner at the top of the first post.

I noticed the quotes don't have the expanding area like they're supposed to.

1538236417181.png

Also, when I click on links anywhere that goes to another part of the site, I'm automatically logged out even though I currently have the "Stay Logged in" part checked.

Hello all...

Uhm... Its suddenly come up listing me as a donating member and I am not. I dunno of this is where I need to post because its sudden, but I also don't want to have any privileges that I do not deserve.

Thank you guys for all you do, Admins! Y'all are wonderful!!

Hello all...

Uhm... Its suddenly come up listing me as a donating member and I am not. I dunno of this is where I need to post because its sudden, but I also don't want to have any privileges that I do not deserve.

Thank you guys for all you do, Admins! Y'all are wonderful!!
You donated during the fundraiser! We were a little slow getting all the wrinkles from the software update ironed out but your donor status (and many others that should have popped yesterday) should be tied to the fundraiser milestone goal that gave everyone who donated to the fundraiser a year of donor status. :)

• Love
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Hdixvduxvdh

I forgot about the fundraiser. Lol. Thank you, Kitti!!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to the reply box jittering (for those who don't use Grammarly)? It honestly makes it incredibly hard to type replies and I'm a lazy POS who doesn't like having to type everything in a word processor. :(

Reactions: BattyBerry
On the mobile site, images are real finicky with whether they’re going to load. They usually don’t. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to the reply box jittering (for those who don't use Grammarly)? It honestly makes it incredibly hard to type replies and I'm a lazy POS who doesn't like having to type everything in a word processor. :(
Does it still shake while in BBCode mode for you?

Hello, I don’t know if this has been answered before but I’m running into problems with sending private messages. Whenever I try to start a private conversation, it leads me to a blank option menu. When I click save it leads me to the same page.

08C67E43-28DA-44E0-8179-A522150D8F50.png

Reactions: Red Thunder
To everyone having issues with sending private messages, the details are all here:

Organising Your Inbox

:D

It's been that case since the update and the Conversations aren't borked, they're just set up differently that now you need to select a category.

For some strange reason, I can't seem to reply to anything on the browser version of Iwaku. Everything shows up fine, but the reply box doesn't show up for me. I'm using windows 10 and Edge. Any ideas what could be the cause?

I'm not sure if it's a bug per-se, but on the new mobile layout, I've noticed that when viewing a new post in a conversation, the "report" button for the previous reply aligns itself JUST behind the three-bar icon to open the main menu, which makes it invisible but still very much clickable. I've almost accidentally reported myself and my friends multiple times now. I use an Iphone 8s if it's relevant.

I'm not sure if it's a bug per-se, but on the new mobile layout, I've noticed that when viewing a new post in a conversation, the "report" button for the previous reply aligns itself JUST behind the three-bar icon to open the main menu, which makes it invisible but still very much clickable. I've almost accidentally reported myself and my friends multiple times now. I use an Iphone 8s if it's relevant.
Same! Samsung s5 neo

I can't start new conversations.

That worked! Thanks so much

I'm noticing this issue too. @.@

Tabs also cause jitteriness.

ALSO I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE THING WHERE UNFOLLOWING DELETED ACCOUNTS CAN'T BE DONE EASILY.

grab a link to the profile and then add /follow/ to the end, like so:
Code:
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/members/the-mood-is-write.13939/follow/

For some reason all the timestamps say "Later today". This only just started showing up- I was on yesterday and things seemed normal then.

Edit/update: it only seems to be happening on my laptop. All the timestamps are fine on mobile.

later today.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Pahn
My the smaller versions of my animated avatar are no longer animating.

It is an 81KB GIF file, 200 pixels wide and 175 pixels high. The large version (scaled to 205 pixels) animates but the smaller ones (scaled down) do not.

Please advise.

Thank you,
-- Al

Status
Not open for further replies.