DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
This is a thread for reporting anything you believe to be a bug! We have just updated the forum to a whole new software version, so there are bound to be errors. Please post ALL bug reports here for the time being.

LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES (CHECK THIS LIST BEFORE POSTING):

• Some BBcodes may be broken! Please DO NOT report BBcode issues here. Go to this thread instead.
  • Some permission settings may be broken. Please DO report any issues you have with viewing or using thread, post, or other tools.
  • The styles are not finished. Please DO report anything that causes visibility issues.
  • The Ads Manager and roleplay ad banners are currently unavailable. There is an error that is top priority to fix, don't worry.
  • Some Google Fonts are not displaying correctly.
  • The bump tool for threads is not compatible with 2.0. We are working to find a replacement but there is currently not a viable option. :[
  • Signatures are displaying full size rather than collapsing. We are also trying to fix this, but until then, please use smol signatures and do not stretch the page. Signatures now auto scroll if they are too tall.
  • Post ratings got eaten in the database transfer. We unfortunately can't do anything about this one. They still are counted towards your ranking for most likes on the Members page, but may not all appear on your posts or on your profile count. UPDATE: Post reaction counts for profiles should now be FIXED. Some reactions still did not transfer over, specifically those from deleted users or those given to posts by deleted users.
  • Custom site styles are no longer a thing because the new version of UIX does not include a style chooser. To make up for this, new site styles are on the way! We'll be adding a variety of color styles to go with our greyscale options. (ALSO CLOWN FIESTA.)
  • Prefixes for Inbox Conversations didn't make it, but you can now create categories!
  • STAR FORUMS ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCESSIBLE. We are working on a fix for this but this one was a major nasty surprise. Please hold tight, this just became top priority. Go here to get this fixed!
  • Character Gallery bio fields are not displaying properly, but don't worry! They're not lost! We'll have them up as soon as possible. Bios are now visible! There is still an error with the field phrases though.
  • "Restricted" Clans are hidden to everyone except specific usergroups (currently, none). If your Clan is set to Restricted and you can no longer view it, contact an Admin for help.
  • Alerts are given for every new post reaction. Until this is fixed, you can turn off notifications for reactions in your Preferences.
  • Sidebars and conversation info may not be displaying in Firefox. Chrome and IE display correctly.
  • Dice roller and results are not displaying. They SHOULD still be in there, however, so we'll get those back soon. The new dice roller could not transfer the data in to the new system - HOWEVER the data still exists. If you need dice roll records, give us the post id for each roll and we can get that for you.
  • Zero Star is not hiding the star forums from the index.
  • Ban reasons now show on profiles and not on banned members' posts. Their posts are not greyed-out and their avatars are not removed. We lost this addon.
  • After leaving conversations, they still count towards the category tally.
  • The Ignore Forum function got lost. Currently no viable alternative addon.
  • Element Clans have reverted to gender selections. We'll switch this back ASAP, since we can't remove this field. GUESS WHAT? WE CAN FINALLY DELETE THIS. It is kill.
  • BbCode in Profile Posts is currently turned OFF due to a massive error. It will return once that error is fixed.

LIST OF KNOWN STYLE ISSUES

• Roleplay resumes are squished and cut off in the thread view (below avatars).
  • Thread prefixes at the top of the forum index are scrolling endlessly to the right rather than moving to a new row. Fixed.
  • Mobile does not have an easy way to access your own profile from the dropdown menu.
  • Thread export is cutting off at 3000 posts. The cut off is now 300,000 posts. If that is not enough, damn.
  • Alert flags on mobile do not show unless you click the menu.
  • Conversations are squished.
  • Block notices are appearing below thread titles and tags.
  • There is a huge empty space on mobile between the user info and the post field for posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently can’t access any of the the red star bedroom threads. It says I do not have permission to access them. Thanks for your hard work, the update looks great!

Not a bug per se and definitely not a priority, but if you could add fixing how the roleplay preferences display on the threads to the list I would be thankful, the way they are right now, one cannot actually read it in full unless they go to that person's profile, which sorta defeats the purpose of it.

Thanks for the hard work, it looks great!

• Useful
Reactions: Astaroth
I cannot access Iwaku through my iphone SE. I can log in, however, as an example, when I click on alerts, the page turns white and goes back to the same message we had during updates. I can also not click on the announcement link through mobile or access any other links through the various drop down menus. Basically, Iwaku is not mobile friendly at this time. Is there any way it can be in the near future? I think it would help out a whole lot for everyone.

Rich (BB code):
[bimg=no-lightbox | fright] [/bimg]
[IMGA] [/IMGA]

The above do not work. :D

• Useful
I can’t access the red star room as well.

• Useful
I cannot access Iwaku through my iphone SE. I can log in, however, as an example, when I click on alerts, the page turns white and goes back to the same message we had during updates. I can also not click on the announcement link through mobile or access any other links through the various drop down menus. Basically, Iwaku is not mobile friendly at this time. Is there any way it can be in the near future? I think it would help out a whole lot for everyone.

I am using an iPhone SE. I’m actually not having any issues other then the star forums but that’s not an SE issue.

Maybe your phone might need an update? Or your browser. Though, I kind of agree on mobile friendly version would be great. Sometimes thing gets very smooshed together on the phone.An app would be awesome!!!!!

People with star forum issues it’s in the message above. They are fixing it. Try not to fill up with the same error already discussed.

• Useful
On mobile you cannot see that you have new notifications until you push the menu button thing in the upper left. Mildly irritating.

Try clearing your browser's cache. If you're getting the site down page and such, then your phone is trying to load old junk in place of what's really there.

I kind of agree on mobile friendly version would be great. Sometimes thing gets very smooshed together on the phone.An app would be awesome!!!!!
The style that we use is mobile-friendly but since the styling is still unfinished, things might be a little fucky. Hopefully it will be better once more gets done with styles.

An app would be awesome but is not in the cards. We unfortunately, as a privately-owned site, do not have the funds to purchase and maintain an app. Once styling gets fixed the benefits will ideally be negligible anyhow. :]

Reactions: Arwen
The restricted group setting for Clans may now be making them invisible and inaccessible to everyone but staff and the creator, where previously it apparently was still visible to other members of those Clans.

EDIT: Scratch that, it also makes it so the Clan creator can't access it. Good times!

Stabs and sliders are broken and I was wondering if they're still recoverable. I don't have high hopes but just making sure.

A couple other bbcode properties are also no longer functional, like animation. Font Awesome icons have gone missing, too.

The restricted group setting for Clans may now be making them invisible and inaccessible to everyone but staff and the creator, where previously it apparently was still visible to other members of those Clans.
This is because Restricted groups are ones that are restricted to a certain usergroup. These are the group options:

This is a private group

Checking this box hides all content from non-members. Users must request membership and be approved to view content. This DOES NOT hide the group itself. All view options selected above are removed.

This is a hidden private group

Check this box to completely hide this group from non-members and make it 'INVITE ONLY'. All view options selected above are removed.

Not private but require approval

Checking this box requires new members to be approved. Checking this box does not hide content from non-members if it is allowed in the view options above.
If one of the options above is not selected, the group will be a public group and anyone can join without approval.

This is a restricted group

If checked, only members that the admin of the site has given permission to view restricted groups will be able to see this group

Owners of restricted groups can get help from an admin to change the group type if needed.

Stabs and sliders are broken and I was wondering if they're still recoverable. I don't have high hopes but just making sure.

A couple other bbcode properties are also no longer functional, like animation. Font Awesome icons have gone missing, too.
Iirc Diana did say in the discord that stabs we're gone

For Font Awesome, maybe this page helps? It seems to have been updated as well, maybe some codes changed (I wouldn't know 'cause I have not been around for that long)

• Useful
Reactions: Ardent

Font Awesome should be working. See the BBcode Help page.

• Useful
Reactions: Ardent
Seems that Characters are not displaying all the information that they should be?

@Astaroth @Jorick @Arwen I was actually able to access mobile a few minutes after I went to see if I could log onto my laptop. :'D

Sorry about the wait. The problem has been resolved though! :')

Seems that Characters are not displaying all the information that they should be?
The good news: They're not lost forever! They're still in the database.

The bad news: It's a tricky fix, so it's going to be a wait. Thanks for being patient.

Reactions: Maalefik
Alerts for post reactions are busted. You now receive a separate alert for every single reaction added (RIP Kitti when she sees the spam from the welcome back thread).

Until that's fixed, you can turn off getting alerts for reactions. Head to your Preferences, scroll down to Alert Preferences, and uncheck the 'Likes your message' option. Should other ratings also be spammy, like new posts in a thread, you can turn that off in the same location.

• Useful
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Kitti and Astaroth
I'm not sure if this is a style issue or not, but I have no sidebar on Firefox regardless of whether I click the button. It does show up and works fine on IE.

EDIT:
Same thing with conversation info.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a bug, but the symbol for this used to be not-an-i.1536160766063.png

Status
Not open for further replies.