1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Bucket List

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kitti, Nov 10, 2012.

1. [size=+1][​IMG]

What items are on your personal bucket list?
    Do you think you'll be able to achieve them all?
    [/size]

2. Well, there's a lot on my list... mostly 'cause I have no intentions of dying anytime soon.

First and foremost, I want to travel. Particularly to Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.
    Secondly, I want to finally meet that special lady and get married (yeah, I'm a sucker for romance).
    Third, I want to be a part of the political process. Many have probably seen me mention quips about running for President. It's a fool's errand and a thankless job, but after having seen politics play out in my relatively short 32 years of existence, I am somehow convinced that I can do a better job.

That pretty much sums up my major goals. Call it my ten year plan, if you will. Still, there's a whole lot of life left to live, and I intend on living every day to its fullest.

• Write my books and see them get published. I'm not sure how well that is gonna go. Hopefully once I actually go to school for writing I'll be confident enough in my abilities. This has always been my dream and I can't see myself doing anything else with my life.
    • Learn how to paint properly. I want to be able to paint whatever it is that I see in my mind, whether it be an abstract idea or something that I saw in the park. This includes other mediums like colored pencils and water colors. I'd be so very happy if I can combine my love of art and writing together.
    • I want to have a dog. I've always wanted a dog ever since I was little, more so than I wanted real friends to be honest. Scary I know, but I've always been happier and much more comfortable with animals than people.

3. Short list, just off the top of my head.

Become a master carpenter - I have learned a lot during my years working, but I still have a shit ton to learn. Sometimes I think it's too much, but just gotta take it one day at a time.

Travel - If not out of the US, at least see all 50 states. Now that I work all the time, this is further away than ever!

Move - Somewhere colder and darker. Alaska seems nice, or maybe a rainy state like Washington.

Learn to work on cars - beyond changing hoses, oil and spark plugs. I am just lazy, instead of figuring out the problem when I have auto trouble I just take it in to the shop.

I really try not to think too far in the future, maybe it's a downfall? I think I get too overwhelmed thinking ahead. I just keep on keeping on, day by day and breath by breath.

4. That is a hard question. Let me see what I can come up with, not necessarily in the order that I want to do them:
    1.) Write a book-length, cohesive narrative and have it published.

2.) Have a snow-fight on a mountain... but not in winter.

And... I can not think of any more items on my list for some reason. I am sure I have others, though, just that they do not come to mind.

• I want to have a game published. I don't care if it isn't successful - I just want to show the world I can do something, for a change.
    • I want to finish the project I'm doing with a friend. We're both working our hardest, neither of us can give up before it's finished.
    • I want to be able to have a toast with all my friends, and celebrate the times that we were all there for each other.
    • I want to go to at lest one con. In a costume.
    • And, when I just can't take what life has to throw at me, I want to feel the warmth of a lover's embrace. Just once, I want to be able to bawl my eyes out, and cling to someone, and have them accept me for who I truly am.