1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy
Please see the second post for details - this post is a sticky so important points are easily reached on every page of the OOC thread.

So, as the title states, this is an RP about the daily life of young witch trainees in an all-girls school. It will revolve around the interactions between the characters (preferably those of romance), so if you're looking for magically-assisted yuri you've come to the right place! Most of the RP will span the free times, though, since lessons limit interactions.

The contents of the second post contains a summary of the School and the World.

That is correct, sorry.

Reactions: digiexpert
All right. Rules is rules, back to searching. Thanks for the prompt answer.

I'll be joining. Expect a CS sometime this week. ^^

08951090c94d866bac9f3aaed7ce94b1.jpg

Name: Kora Alberto
Grade: 2nd​ Year
House: (You said you pick)

Outer Personality: Kora is an intense, focused girl, unconcerned with others and always into her work. She oozes confidence in what she does, and interupting her is a good way to get snapped at.
Inner Personality: Kora is indeed that focused, but she feels like her nature pushes others away, and she actually doesn't want that. She puts so much effort into things because she's always concerned they're not going to be good dispite the effort, and is mad at herself as much as others when she's disturbed from her work.
Likes and Dislikes: Likes: Cooking particularly traditional indian, having time to herself, finishing her work, people who will listen to her Dislikes: Fast Food, having too much time to herself, having nothing to do, people who dismiss her as "That weird girl".
Romantic Preferences: Kora wants someone who will push through her cold exterior and find the lover beneath. She wants someone she can love with the same intensity she does everything else with, and who will take the time to understand what she really means instead of the air she puts out.
Unfavourable Qualities: She doesn't want to have to dull that intensity for anyone. If they can't appreciate the work she puts into something, she doesn't need them. She doesn't want someone who will stop her passions, but someone who will look through her focus to find her.

Societies: Cooking club

Backstory: Kora's family was poor growing up, working a family restaurant to get by. This is where she got her passion for cooking, and discovered her tallent for magic, with her unknowingly enchanting the food she made to make people feel just a bit happier after they ate it. With that making people come back for more, she was able to get enough money to go to Broomshield to refine the magic she eventually realized she'd held. She dreams of becoming a world famous chef, using magic to create all kinds of interesting cuisine the world's never seen before.

I did assume there was some point in time the countries weren't mostly 2-country combinations (which honestly makes the world more interesting, since the status quo is british-empire-style empires where the teritories can have quite a lot of distance between them) when I mentioned traditional indian food.

Reactions: Karakui
I think you might have misunderstood the country thing (Or, more likely, I just didn't explain it very well). The landmasses in this world are completely different to Earth's, so the area that evolved a British-like culture has ended up with a land boundary with mainland Japan, and Mexico and China are somehow stuck together too. While there was a time this was not the case and geography was indeed as Earth's is, this was a long time ago, like, 300 or 400 years. I'm not going to tell you why though, because worldbuilding. It's to do with why it's impossible to use magic maliciously.

As for the backstory... I wonder what the law would have to say about that... If she does become a world-famous magic-chef, I imagine someone's going to raise an issue with her basically making her food addictive :D

There is some commentary that can be made about fast food here doing something similar.

But fast food is different cos fast food is really convenient. Can't say I like it over proper food, but oftentimes you don't have the time to get proper food so you have to make do with a £3.89 box of chicken.

Caffeine is addictive too. I don't see it as having been made like incredibly happy, just like, a little more pleasant.

Hmmm, cooking club... that means Lin can potentially taste other people's food. The other people being cute girls.

Lin is now an advocate of the cooking club.

Great! I'll take a look over the finished CSs when I get home, but since everyone here is reasonable, I'm accepting you ahead of time anyway :P

Even if I'm accepted beforehand, I'm curious to know about what house I'm in and what roommates I'm with!

Well that's why I asked everyone to write down their preferences!

Well at least for me, the unpredictable outcome of what house I will get is the fun part.

Is it possible for their to be two parts of a country joined with two different countries? Like, we have Bripan, but could there also be Brimany (Britain + Germany)?

Hmm, I'm gonna go with no, if only to encourage a little more diversity in characters (for example, you may be considering making someone who was raised half chinese half scottish, but you could go for twice the uniqueness if you did Korealand instead!

Hmm, I'm gonna go with no, if only to encourage a little more diversity in characters (for example, you may be considering making someone who was raised half chinese half scottish, but you could go for twice the uniqueness if you did Korealand instead!
Alright. Thank you for answering.

Maybe I'm just too excited and ready to go or something, but is there some kinda eta for when we will be starting?

I'd like a few more characters, to be honest. Was there anyone wanting to make a second? Also, can y'all tag anyone you know who might have a vague interest in this?

Of course, I'm aware I haven't actually got my own up yet, but thanks to my grandfather's funeral yesterday, just now is the first time I've had to really sit down and work on something long.

Status
Not open for further replies.