Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Exclamation Points!

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Periods.

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha this is my Iwaku friends have alert problems but not me :)
Thanks for explaining

I figured this is what the problem was. :) It's a great protection against spam and I don't mind it at all.

But I'm curious... tags still don't work too well for me. They work if I'm constantly watching a thread and look at every message like you suggested, but if I go away for a while and haven't read the recent messages and someone tagged me in one of those messages the tag doesn't show up. Is it supposed to be like that? I don't mind having to check the thread for my alerts to be fixed, but is there any way I can always be notified at least of my tags whether or not I check the thread? Those are sorta important. XD If I can't rely on the tags to give me alerts, there really isn't a point in them...

Someone tagged me about 2-3 times last night in a thread and I didn't see any of them on my alert list this morning. I actually searched through the thread and spotted them on my own... I could always search for them manually, but it really would be nice if I didn't have to. Tags aren't really spam because I actually want to see them, as do others. Some people aren't as diligent at checking threads as I am, and they have the same problem with tags, so if they don't see me tag them they never reply to my messages. I have to PM them or message them on Steam to tell them I replied in the roleplay. It's a bit of a hassle. XD And they always say the same thing: "Oh sorry! I didn't know you replied! It never showed you tagged me." So it would not only be helpful to those who want better alerts, but those who want to alert their friends too and actually feel comfortable knowing their friend DID get that alert.

Thanks for addressing this issue by the way! So many people talk about this all the time. XD If there's nothing that can be done about what I suggested, I understand. I just thought I would bring it to the attention of everyone here with that problem in case it is possible to do something about it in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty Tags work on the same system as everything else! So I am afraid that they will also turn off in the same way to prevent spamming alerts. So if multiple people tag you in a thread, you're only going to get that first alert until you read through the whole thread.

It also works the same for the post ratings buttons too!

@Diana My biggest problem that has been happening: I will get alerts, but when I go to click them it will say "no alerts." Is this something similar to the OP, or something different? It's happened twice to me already today within 5 minutes... After having no alerts all week.

@Diana My biggest problem that has been happening: I will get alerts, but when I go to click them it will say "no alerts." Is this something similar to the OP, or something different? It's happened twice to me already today within 5 minutes... After having no alerts all week.
Do you belong to any groups? I know all sorts of wonkiness happens with them.

It's not working for me. I can't even see my own typing on here, so hope it makes sense.

help

It's happening on my PM's, they are all blank. Any suggestions?

That doesn't sound like the same issue to me. I'd suggest making a separate thread so it gets more attention from the staff; also, more details will help them to diagnose the problem. :3

I will keep it in mind to read the whole thread. It's a good thing I'm only participating in one x one roleplays at the moment rather than a massive group with 593 messages and 11 pages. Only Lord knows I'd want to read all of that just to get alerts for that thread.

That was not posted three minutes ago. Did somebody mod-bump the thread? o.O

We're bumping the thread a bit now and then so that people can easily see it before they make a thread to ask about it. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: SamIO
I did ask Diana if we maybe should make it a sticky, but she said "naah, just bump it when it falls off the first page." or something like that xD

this doesn't particularly have anything to do with THIS issue (Though I noticed this in the past and had no problem with this). But I have a suggestion that would make it soo much easier for people to move along quickly with replies. Perhaps the admins (Or tech peeps) could add a 'ping' that goes off whenever you receive an Alert or PM. Because I sometimes go to watch a video or something and don't realize I've gotten a message or a reply to a thread for at least 10 minutes and sometimes by that time the person who I need to reply to has logged off. When you just sit at the same spot on the page, or are scrolling through forums, unless you click something that moves you to a different page, or you begin typing or send a message, Iwaku never tells you when you receive anything.

There is actually a little notification window that pops up on the bottom left of your screen when you receive an notfication!

But I'm not sure how real-time it is. That is, I don't know if it will always pop up automatically or if it does the next time you look at the page? For the site to continually check for alerts seems unrealistic, so I'm guessing it's on an interval.

I suppose a sound alert could be okay too, but then I dunno if people might find it too intrusive.

Thoughts @Diana?

If they add a ping, I will drive to Diana's house and punch her.

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Sound alerts would be VERY intrusive and get really annoying real fast.

Alerts send "immediately". So if you are clicking around browsing pages, you're gonna see it right away. If you are just sitting idle on a page (like the cbox) it'll pop up after a moment or two. There's ajax refreshing on pages, so it's usually pretty quick. O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.