Brivid Academy, Home of the Magically Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mag finally reached the destination of the library door, taking a short pause to take in the moment before dropping the metal cube with a loud thud to open the gateway to knowledge! As she busied herself pushing open the door, her usually dour expression slowly turned ecstatic, a multitude of scenarios of her utilizing magic coming to mind; summonings, enchantments, cantrips, glyphs, even plain straight up raw arcane power! The next chapter in her short life about to begin!

"No, I don't think.." she flushed as she thought deeper into what he'd said. "G- I um.." she gripped the edge of the desk before swinging her legs. "I was thinking this weekend.. (whenever everyones on @ the same time). But we always have studying..i mean if you want to hang out with me.." she smiled. She never felt so insecure around someone. Maybe it was because he knew what she was and there was a chance she'd get rejected. But if he hadn't even seen her in the first place she wouldn't even be here! She'd always refused herself to have a crush..but now..what was she going to do? She couldn't walk away now. No, she was too far in.

Adec kept his smile at her suggestion, "Of course I would, though I can't say I'm interesting company." His attention was brought away from her to the door as he heard it opening. His eyes widened in shock as the android from before dragged her cube seat in, "Wow, don't get a self-aware, non-homicidal AI in here everyday. Homicidal are the other hand..." Shaking his head to clear away another bad memory, he returned to his friendly smile, "So what do you need, Miss Android?"

Mag's smiled faltered for a moment, silently staring at the duo with her cube at her side. After several awkward seconds of ocular contact she returned to smiling and led her black of metal into the library. "Magic Attuned Ground Droid Alpha, or Magda for short, I'd prefer if you addressed me as such over 'Miss Android'; that aside, I'm here for your books on magic; any and all of time." She paused for a moment, shifting her weight to her other leg during this time. "I'd like to start with the basics however, standard usage knowledge before getting to the more deeply invested theories and algorithms, question, do you have any books on dimensional or temporal magic?"

Adec could only stare at her for a few moments before finally finding his voice again, "Let me get this right, you want to cover the basics first and you think powers dealing with bending space and time are the baseline? Maybe I was wrong about you being non-homicidal..." Scratching the back of his head, he checked under his desk for a book he kept for such occasions. Finding it, he pulled the dust-covered yellow book and placed it on the table before her, "I'll start you off with 'Magic for Dummies' since I don't think I want you alone with anything that contains truly dangerous material. Just a warning, unless you get the permission of the head librarian and the Dean, you can't even hope to breath on the books dealing with even basic reality-warping."

Mag's smile slowy shifted towards a frown, carefully placing the cube down and marching up to Adec. Her eyes focused soley on him all the while. "I didn't mean that I wanted to start off with temporal or spatial magic. That descrepancy out of the way, I'll start off with what you advised... but if it's a waste of my time I will take the implication as an offense." For a few seconds her irises turned a rather sinister red that gave off a faint glow, attempting at using fear as a means for her request to be taken somewhat more seriously.

Adec only cocked an eyebrow at her attempt to intimidate him, "Remember, I've been studying the tomes within this place much longer than you have. Now then," Pulling out another book, he switched it out with the previous one, "If you're so keen on studying the magical arts, then I'll just give you 'Basic Energy Absorption and Shielding'. It'll teach you to harness both the world and your own natural energy to form shields or store power for stronger spells. The standard cantrips are included as well as a few lesser known ones such as how to make chains appear."

With that, he began to turn before realizing he forgot his standard warning, "Also, if you use any of the spells in that book to prank other people, just make sure it isn't traceable to me."

Mag looked down at the new book, her smile returning as she accepted the book, making her way to her cube to get seated and reading. "I'm designed to do half of that naturally, but knowing the how behind would be most useful! Especially if I could discover a way to possibly stack-." She'd continue to talk about some of her basic functions and what she'd hope to achieve through finding an auxilary power and storage; all this while already she was already fliping through the pages.
Adec's comment about pranks went completely unheard as she was far too invested in her reading and rambling, she also didn't expect any useful information from him any further than he already given anyway.

Adec frowned and sighed as Magda ignored him, "Oh yes, no need to say thank you, Magda..." Turning back to Karu, his smile returned, "So what were we talking about before I had to do my job?"

"Well for one I still cant read.." she mumbled still looking at the Android in interest. Her head was cocked with curiousity as she continued to swing her legs back and forth. How do they eat? she asked herself before looking back to Adec with curious blue eyes. "I still don't understand whats so good about books." she muttered sulking. "But if you want, after you lock up we can go over my parents place and study." She smiled. "You can see my cheering outfit and rate it!" ^-^

Sekki poked his head behind the changing room doors. Oh no! A person had arrived. Weird, he hadn't seen them in the changing room. Oh, the reason why was it seemed this person was still wearing their clothes, it was quite hard to tell.

Caius sighed and undid his ponytail, laying back and kicking at the water absently. He stretched his arms above his head and took a deep breath.

Karu made her way towards the pool invitation in hands humming softly as she skipped. The invitations read:

Party at Karuko Sanji's house after school. NO rides needed, just meet in the car pool after this period. Lets get to know each other the fun way!!

She gave one to both the boys and everyone else at the pools before going back inside and psting them all over he school walls. With that she took off back towards the library.

While waiting for Karu to return, Adec had begun checking the books on the shelves to make sure they were in their proper places. Soon, as his hands began to work on their own to levitate misplaced books and his step ladder to their proper places, his mind shifted back to the friend he had made and he began to mumble to himself, "I wonder why she's being so nice to me...." As his fingers began to work on the books of philosophy, he heard the door to his workplace open.

Twisting his head back, he smiled when he saw Karu come back in. He slid down from his perch to meet her, "Hello again, Karu."

"Hey Adec." ^w^ She smiled lightly her face flushing. "You ready to go?" she asked? Now she was changed into a black and blue cheering outfit.

Adec nodded to her, "Just let me check that Magda isn't still here. Once that's taken care of, I can lock and we can head on to universal literature in the east tower." Heading to the area where he had last seen Magda, he began to search for the android.

Karu gripped the back of his shirt not wanting to be left alone or lost. "No I mean to my h-house." she stuttered. "We'll have snacks, and servants, and a lot of space. Oh! And theres a fire place and tennis court." she went on. "Have you ever had Nutella?" she asked blinking. The thought was mouth watering as she followed him through the library not aware of her own purring at the thought of Nutella

Adec froze up for a moment at the contact before gently shaking himself and continuing on, "Oh well, right now? Well, the teacher probably doesn't have anything for us on the first day and I doubt you're ready for the class itself..." As he began to become certain that Magda had left, he heard her question and found her soft purring to be adorable. He shook his head, "No, I haven't. The school doesn't provide such a thing to the students and my mother..." His voice dropped, memories flooding back to him.

He frowned as he felt his legs begin to shake. Dammit, now isn't the time to become emotional.

"You can tell me." she muttered seeing his reaction and wrapping her arms around him from behind in a soft embrace. "Just wait until we get to my place. I still have to set up for the party anyway." she said letting go and cocking her head to the side. "So that gives us plenty of time to talk while studying." she laughed.

Adec averted his eyes from meeting hers, not wanting for her to see his weakness. You know she'll hate you if you tell her. "Maybe some other time, Karu. Come on, I don't think Mag's here," Leading the way out and turning off the lights as they went, he locked the door before smiling at her. "Let's get to your house, we have a party to plan."

Status
Not open for further replies.