Brivid Academy, Home of the Magically Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karu had sat her things in the hall as she headed toward a chair and empty canvas. Where should I start...? For a while she thought that maybe she should talk to the boy..But im a monster. She thought. She was a cheerleader, she was a great friend but she wasn't well at dealing with her feelings especially when it came to her ears and tail. Because of her small mimi details shes never dated anyone on the account of thinking they may find out. All her thought disappeared as she came in sight of all the different paints and brushes. She smiled taking off her hat and unaware of the fact that she left the door open. She completely lost train of thought as she began to draw..

Apparently, the period was over, a fact that meant nothing to Caius. He sighed and put his head in his hand, watching all the other students file out. He closed his eyes and dozed for a few minutes, before sighing and standing up, picking up his bag and heading out the door.

Adec's head hung low as he walked through the hall, the memory of Karu running away from him at the forefront of his mind. Being distracted by his thoughts, he didn't notice that he had taken a wrong turn on his way. Once he realized he had gone the wrong way, Adec was across the school and in the area where the art classes took place, "Dammit, I really need to pay more attention..."

As he began to search for the way to the library, he found the door to one of the rooms opened. Looking in, he saw a pink-haired girl quietly drawing on a canvas. However, what stood out to him was how familiar she seemed and the fact that two fluffy cat ears stood atop her head, occasionally twitching, "A nekomimi?" For a minute, he stood there and wondered why she seemed so familiar before he realized who it was, "Karu?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Mag had headed out into the hallways already, crumpled note in her hand and her metal cube seat hoisted on her shoulder. This gained her quite a few strange looks from quite a few passerby's, one even going as far as to stumble and yelp at the sight of her; it didn't really bother her much, honestly she'd expected someone to react like that to her sooner. Her first day at the school for the magically gifted had been rather disappointing so far, and boring if she wanted to be blunt about it. But she'd thought up a fix for that, magic! Wizards usually kept much of their discoveries about magic in tomes, and libraries normally had books and tomes, maybe; if not she could at least find a book that might go over some basics and understanding of magic; either way, she had her destination, to the library!

Kagami realised, as she saw a large crowd of generic, personality-less lackeys walk out of the room, that the lesson must have ended. She sighed, and drew a wrinkled ball of paper from the aether. Apparently, she had a free period next, which was nice. She decided she may as well look around the half of the school she hadn't seen before mathematics, since for the next hour or something, she had nothing to do. She walked along the corridor, then took a turn, and walked along that corridor. This pattern continued for a while, until she came across what looked to be the boy from maths whose chair she had been resting her feet on. She walked over. She noticed the cat-girl inside the room with him, apparently staring at a blank canvas. "Hey. What'cha doin?" The girl was a curious phenomenon to her. She hadn't realised that that kind of person could even exist outside of anime before that morning.

There was only one destination on Shush's mind. There was a pool! A POOL! There were many aquatic students, so they had to build a pool a long time ago to cater for them. There were even tank-dorms for them, but luckily he didn't have to go in there, and he got all the fun in normal dorms! Nevertheless, who didn't love a good swim? He supposed, maybe that robot girl. Quickly stripping in the changing rooms, knowing he only had an hour, he was now in his shorts and lept into the pool for a swim.

Caius walked softly through the halls, occasionally glancing into a classroom. He didn't really have anywhere in mind but he eventually found himself near the pool. He peered in and, not seeing anyone, went in. He went over to the edge of the pool and sat down, taking his bag off and setting it down beside him. He rolled his pant legs up, stuck his feet in the water and laid back, closing his eyes, Chlorinated water wasn't preferable, he missed the Mediterranean.

Adec's head hung low as he walked through the hall, the memory of Karu running away from him at the forefront of his mind. Being distracted by his thoughts, he didn't notice that he had taken a wrong turn on his way. Once he realized he had gone the wrong way, Adec was across the school and in the area where the art classes took place, "Dammit, I really need to pay more attention..."

As he began to search for the way to the library, he found the door to one of the rooms opened. Looking in, he saw a pink-haired girl quietly drawing on a canvas. However, what stood out to him was how familiar she seemed and the fact that two fluffy cat ears stood atop her head, occasionally twitching, "A nekomimi?" For a minute, he stood there and wondered why she seemed so familiar before he realized who it was, "Karu?"
"G-Ah!" Karu jumped to the sound of a voice and hid behind her canvas. Her ears flattened. Shit, did he see me? She started to shake. This was bad. "Wh-what do you want?" she asked in a soft shaky whimper. She threw her hoodie over her head and peeked from the side of her canvas. "Adec?"

"I was just wondering why you were upset earlier," Adec took a cautious step inside the room, not wanting to frighten her further. He noticed that she had pulled her hoodie up, hiding her ears from him, "Karu, why are you hiding your ears from me?"

"I was just wondering why you were upset earlier," Adec took a cautious step inside the room, not wanting to frighten her further. He noticed that she had pulled her hoodie up, hiding her ears from him, "Karu, why are you hiding your ears from me?"
"Du-I d-don't know what you mean Sinpai.." ^-^ Karuko laughed nervously rubbing the back of her head. She stumbled out from behind the canvas only to grab his hand. "Now b-back to the library. I think some of the books may be calling your name." she said trying to change the subject as she dragged him towards the door

Adec blushed when she grabbed her hand and simply went along with her pulling for a moment. However, the word library registered in his mind, causing his eyes to widen in abject in realization, "Crap, I forgot all about the library, come on!" He quickly took the lead, finding his way through the halls.

"G-Ah!" she squeeled flushing as she was tugged along with him her crystal blue eyes staring in surprise. She despised the library. She didn't know how to read and for that had never had a need for books or the library. But she let him tug her anyway. At least it distracted him from her mimi characteristics. She bit her bottom lip. She hoped it was worth it.

Finally, they reached the locked doors of the library. Adec sighed in relief as he saw the hall outside it was empty, "Good, no one's here yet." Checking his pockets, he pulled out a key and opened the door before stepping inside. Turning back to Karu, he smiled and gave a bow, "Welcome to my domain, the home of strange tales and land of weird magic."

Karu stepped in blinking. What the hell. She looked a the spines of the books. She couldn't clarify the words or even the meanings. She looked back to Adec and gave a warm smile. "Uh..cool.." she gave a soft laugh sitting on the library counter swinging her smooth legs back and forth her tiny black skirt riding up just a little over her knee. "So what do you do here?" she asked looking around her

Adec sighed, "Nobody ever likes my introduction... Either way, generally, I keep track of the books and help other students with their research. It can be boring at times, but then again, the chance to puruse the older books with greater power within them is worth it." He snapped his fingers, remembering another one of his duties, "Oh, and I have to make sure no one gets ahold of the more dangerous books as well. You'd be surprised how many of our classmates think summoning a demon is fun," he explained before shuddering, the memory of the last incident of that nature at the forefront of his mind. So much blood on so many books. Then again, it was a blood based ritual.

"Ew. Demons." Karu shivered hugging herself. Her cheeks immediately flushed and she blinked imagining the ugly things. 'Whats so great about reading? Cant you just watch a movie???' she grumbled brushing a strand of pink hair behind her ear her other hand with perfectly French tipped finger nails sitting on the counter beside her

"Not if you want to study magic, especially if it falls outside what would be normal for your species. For example, without a manual covering the art of shape shifting, it is near impossible for a Mage like myself to transform," Adec began setting up his station quickly, wanting to be ready in case a student arrived, "No one's really sure why a book or scroll is able to convey the teachings better, though there are theories to it. I personally prefer the idea that the writer leaves something personal behind that helps the unaware students to grow their potential."

As he finished his preparations, he sat down in a chair in front of her, "So are you still planning to hold that party of yours?"

"Uh maybe..." she muttered bringing her blue eyes back to hhis. She cocked her head to the side in curiousity. She blinked lightly. "Why?" she propped herself on the desk farther

"Uh maybe..." she muttered bringing her blue eyes back to hhis. She cocked her head to the side in curiousity. She blinked lightly. "Why?" she propped herself on the desk farther wondering about Adec. Had he seen her ears? If so why was he still talking to her? Not only was he cute and way smarter than her, he knew what she was.. She was a freak. An orphan at that, but he hadn't figured that out yet either.

Adec shrugged, "No real reason, just thought I might want to go after I lock up this place and at least meet our classmates. I don't exactly get to see a lot of people in here," he casually waved at the empty library, a slight breeze being the only sound within it excluding them. I should really put up a paper on the notification boards about what times this place is opened. For a moment, he was stuck in his thoughts before a small smile appeared on his face, "Plus, the hostess is supposed to be awfully cute."

Status
Not open for further replies.