Brivid Academy, Home of the Magically Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mag raised her hand into the air, still as expressionless as ever. "Professor, do I have to sit through this? I feel my potential is being wasted on something as trivial as basic math. I'm practically a military grade calculator if this is what I have to waste my time on."

Last edited by a moderator:
Caius yawned and crossed his legs, leaning over his chair backwards to stare at the wall behind him for a few minutes that, he thought, felt like hours. People were talking, he wasn't sure about what, but he wanted nothing to do with it. He leaned forward and draped himself over his desk, sighing loudly and groaning "...teeeaacheeeer. When do we get out of here?" He didn't bother to raise his hand.

"Adec Junker, sir, I work in the library in my free time," Looking back at the girl who dared call a review of the fundamentals pointless, Adec noticed the confused expression held by the nekomimi sitting close to her. Interest piqued, he quickly waved at her, "Excuse me, miss, but are you confused?"
"Uh I..I don't know..I guess.." Karu muttered nervously. She didn't want to appear helpless but she did need help. Her cheeks turned a soft pink before she nodded. "I could use some help.."

Adec gently smiled at her as he moved to be able to see her paper, "It's okay to ask for help, no need to be embarrassed about it. So what is it you find most difficult to understand, miss?" Examining her sheet, he noticed he hadn't written her name yet. Strange but maybe she just saves that for the end.

"None..I- I cant read.." she mumbled so only he could hear. She shifted in her seat uncomfortably as she struggled not to shift in front of the class. Don't you do it. She sighed looking up with him with urgent sky blue eyes as she hissed a soft plea. "Please don't tell anyone.... my reputation is all I have, all I ever had."

Oh, that's why... He could understand why she didn't want such a fact to be told since it could cause the others to look down on her. As such, Adec nodded and whispered to her, "Get your stuff and come sit with me at the front. I'll guide you through this period then we'll head to the library during the break so I can tutor you, okay?"

"Yea okay.." She smiled. She felt as if shed made a new friend. Without hesitation she grabbed her bag, her notebook and her work before working her way up towards the front. Sitting her stuff down beside the males seat she sat down before brushing her pink hair out of her eyes and behind her ear before taking out her fluffy pink pen out then she turned to the male, "I never got your name, Im Karuko by the way." She had braces.

Adec smiled at her, "Nice to meet you, Karuko, my name is Adec. Let's begin with getting this work finished." With that, he began to quietly read the problems to her and explain how each solution would be found. As the time passed, he made plans to quickly teach her to read competently.

Karuko tried to keep up nipping at her pencil eraser in cautiousness. What the hell were numbers? And why didn't they just use letters and numbers in the same subject. This made no since. She looked up at the boy staring at him. She blinked. He was smart, she appreciated that. He was cute too. Just too smart for herself. Why would he want a cheerleader who cant read? -.- That's ridiculous. He had a funny nose though ^-^. She had a craving to poke it.

"And because 139 is closer to 140 than it is 130, we round up in this situation to 140," Adec wrote down the answer a scrap sheet of paper and pointed at it with his quickly dulling pencil. I'm going to need to sharpen it soon. Turning his head to ask Karuko if she had understood what he had said, he saw that the rather cute girl was staring intensely at his face. This caused him to become confused, "Karuko, is something on my face?"

The teacher looked up to see that Adec and Karuko were working well together on the sheet. He knew that Karuko was below average, but since Adec was well above average and helping Karuko quite adeptly, he didn't see a problem. In response to Mag, he replied with a casual smile. "No, I'll find a sheet that will actually make you think... If robots can do that..." He muttered. All the teachers had been given a copy of work for the.. not-quite-human calculator that literally have a calculator built into their brain. It involved more humanised thinking, so it wouldn't be worked out in an instant. He passed Mag the sheet.

Sekki groaned and purpossefully tumbled off his chair into the middle of the gangway. "Sir, I have a heeeaaaaadachheeee." He dragged every syllable on and on, signifying how much it hurt. The teacher let him go to the medical room. Although the headache was all real, he had no intentions to go to the medical room. He fired a wink at Kagami, as in saying "You wanna go skive?"

Kagami understood what the student meant. She, or rather, the owner of her host body, had been a skiver much like she now was, and that seemed to be a universal signal. She picked up a pen and scrawled "ばいばい" onto the handed out sheet which she had done exactly 0 answers of, before going incorporeal and walking out of the room through the wall, walking through several other students on the way. She knew that the teacher being able to read what she had written to be very low when combining the language barrier and her bad handwriting, so it was more an icing on the cake than anything else. She then waited, leaning against the wall on the outside of the room, for the other skiver to catch up.

Mag stared at the sheet for several long minutes. Occasionally glancing at her fellow students as if the proper answers would be written on them; which oddly enough it was, spotting the rather melodramatic student cry about some sort of mental trauma gave her a grand idea how to get out of this dreadfully boring class and head somewhere more to her liking. With quick and messy handwriting she wrote down a half-assed answer to as many of the questions as she could, emitting a white noise that grew louder as time passed until she finally spoke up, though by that point it wouldn't be too easy to hear her over the sound. "I've finished most of the questions teacher, but I think it would be best for myself and everyone else here if I left for some repairs and calibrations; just to be on the safe side."

"And because 139 is closer to 140 than it is 130, we round up in this situation to 140," Adec wrote down the answer a scrap sheet of paper and pointed at it with his quickly dulling pencil. I'm going to need to sharpen it soon. Turning his head to ask Karuko if she had understood what he had said, he saw that the rather cute girl was staring intensely at his face. This caused him to become confused, "Karuko, is something on my face?"
"Uh...no.." she flushed as he caught her. "Thanks for helping me though. I needed it." She brushed aa strand of hair behind her ear before turning back to the paper. "And..how do you multiply again? Its the negatives that has me confused.."

Adec noted the slight blush on her face but thought nothing of it, "No thanks needed, it's only right that I help you." Quickly writing down a problem a positive number was multiplied by a negative, he began to answer her problem, "Now then, when you multiply by a single negative number, the result is always negative," he wrote down the answer, a negative number like he said. "However, if two negative numbers are multiplied together, then the result is always positive," he jotted down and solved another equation to prove his point, "Do you understand?"

"Eh..n-not really but itll do until later.." she gave a awkward laugh as she nervously rubbed the back of her head. Putting her pencil down her hand brushed his and she jerked it away out of nervousness. "Gah! Uh I.. s-sorry.." She gulped before laughing nervously. "Uh teacher wh-when does this class end..?" n..n/

Mag raised her hand into the air, still as expressionless as ever. "Professor, do I have to sit through this? I feel my potential is being wasted on something as trivial as basic math. I'm practically a military grade calculator if this is what I have to waste my time on."
Karu coughed writing on a sheet of paper. She was bored and ready to leave. She thought it would be fun for all of them to skip the rest of school and throw a party at her mansion. She started with the first person. Coughing she threw a balled peice of paper at Mag.

Hey, party at my house after this class. Don't bother for a ride, my butlers on the line.

Adec watched as the paper's arc caused it to land perfectly square on the android's desk. Cocking his eyebrow in interest, he questioned Karuko, "What did you just throw right then?"

"A party invite.." she said nervously. Shed wanted him to come but why would he want to come somewhere with her when they were total opposites? Not only that she was a total freak and if he found that out shed be too embarrassed to come back to school. "Not that its a-any of your business.." she muttered looking away. She wouldn't let him see her interest in him. She would only be rejected in the end. "Thanks for the help.." she said before going to turn in her papers. "I need to go to the nurse.." she lied to the teacher. She needed to get away. The party could wait until tomorrow until she got her head together. With that she went out the door and headed towards the art room.

"Wait, Miss Karuko, where are you going?" he called out to her, suddenly worried that he had upset her. However, she was already out the door and he could only sigh to himself. Sitting back down, he spent the last few minutes before the class ended gathering his things. Once they were released, he contemplated searching for the girl before deciding against it, knowing she could be anywhere in the school and he needed to check on the library. "Besides, I doubt she wants to see me right now after I upset her. Then again, I should have expected to hurt her. Seems like that's all I can do anymore," With his self-decrepitation rationalized in his mind, he set off for the library, ready to spend his free period and break in seclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.