BRIGHT 2.0 (Elder Scrolls meets Modern day New York)

TallDarknBeastly

Grrrr
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Romance, Mature, Action, Comedy, Adventure, Sci-Fi, fantasy, Magical Vampires
Okay does anybody remember that kind of crappy movie on Netflix with Will Smith call Bright. It had interesting Concepts but the World building was subpar and the writing wasn't as good as it should be. When I want to do is recreate a better version where all these fantasy races and elements exist in a modern-day New York City. All the races, Humans, Elves, Orcs even Khajits and Argonians. All of these races living together in this city trying to coexist. But of course something happens that lips the city on its head and threatens to create total chaos a group of unlikely Heroes and companions step up to try to make it through the night and saving the city. Now I really don't want to lift too much from the first Bright movie but the idea is there's this underground movement who is trying to find someone who is gifted in magic. However if this certain someone fell into the wrong hands it could cause problems.

That's what I got so far at least. I could really use some help with the brainstorming and make this into a good group roleplay. I hope to get some feedback to help organize this better. Please let me know what you think

I'd be interested.

Honestly, no. I'm not the best plot-maker/organizer/creator. But I'd be interested in the rp if the plotting process bears fruit.
It sounds like the members would mostly be people in the underground movement who are looking for the magic user, the magic user(s) themself/ves, and a few villains/antagonists who are also looking for the magic user for what's most-likely personal gain. The magic user falling into the wrong hands causing problems could mean that they are young/naive and capable of being swayed to go against popular(good) opinion, or that the antagonist has a way to force them into corruption. I don't know if you're looking for the species' to form a bond of trust after years of mistrust, but if so, having a couple people from each group joining up to find this magic user before someone bad can would be a good idea. There would probably be a lot of drama based off of how the groups of species interact which would be fun.
But the process could be played out a few ways with actual travelling adventure or with copious amounts of political drama causing uproar and tension - or both. Strict government laws could also cause potential for the heroes to be caught, maybe throw in some corrupt government (I guess that was in Bright, too, but it's not far from reality either) and the threat of death. Anywho, the reason why the magic user is needed in the first place is a key point. Natural disaster, powerful and magical enemy, terrible government plot, zombie apocalypse, etc etc....

I know I'm no help, but maybe rambling can be inspirational to some.

Reactions: TallDarknBeastly
I'm interested in helping the brain storming
Great to hear. Any Ideas of how we could make this a good Group Rolplay?

Well I'm not totally good at writing a plot but tell me more about the world were working with here you gotta have a bit more detail

Reactions: TallDarknBeastly
Well I'm not totally good at writing a plot but tell me more about the world were working with here you gotta have a bit more detail
I'll send you a pm.