Breathe Me (Closed)

"Hm. Lucky catch. You could have been stuck with a boring children's book with too many pictures and not enough words." Terra smiled, showing Kiki that she wasn't going to get irritated over the fact that she sort of stole it. "So how far did you get before you had to start over?"

She smiled with relief. She wasn't going to get in trouble. "I got to the point that she was trying to figure out how to reverse the magic." She said. "There was a magic lady, and she was talking to her. But then things got really confusing." She tugged on her ear absently.

Arint tried to sit up, and his bone's ached, he cried out in a pain a little before he could finally stand, he saw an air vent that he could possibly get through and eased his way over to it, he'd pay the old man back for that dirty trick, they had a deal and he'd betrayed him, he wouldn't take it.

"So you understand everything up until that point?" Terra wondered. "Because if you don't, the confusion's only going to get worse. Everything an author writes is usually important, so as long as you get all the events that happened until Sorcha found the witch, I can help you read the rest."
Terra was totally relaxed about this. It was the least she could do. Kiki had given her nourishment and helped her get to the bathroom. So she can help her read a story. No big deal.

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I understood everything up to there. It when they start bringing the magic into it that it gets hard to understand." She said. She glanced towards the door when she heard a sound outside. "Shh." She said as she crept closer to the door. She stood on her tip toes to see out the peep hole, but she didn't see anyone there. "I guess whoever it was left." She said with a shrug. She'd thought it might be Jamal or Adint.

Terra was glad she'd understood the book. Magic can be confusing whether one's a good reader or not, so Terra wasn't too worried. A soft noise came from outside the door, and her ears immediately perked up. Kiki was creeping towards the door and Terra tensed. She wasn't going to open it, was she? But then she stood up against it and stared through the peephole and she marginally relaxed.
"I guess whoever it was left." Kiki shrugged.
"Maybe it was mail. Jamal said not to get the mail, but I really want to know what it is." Terra muttered, her tail curling back and forth. She was trying to get Kiki to feel her curiosity, but it was probably a lost cause. She seemed like the shy, obedient type anyway.

Kiki nodded. "Yeah, I guess it makes sense that it would be the mail." She agreed. She could tell that Terra was curious. "What if we brought it in, but didn't open any of it?" She suggested. "That way we're still not breaking any rules."

Terra smirked. Maybe Kiki wasn't as naive as she'd originally thought. "Okay. Be careful. Oh and what time is it? No wait. I don't know what time they left. Do you know how long it's been since the boys left? Should we be worried?"

Kiki tilted her head a bit as she thought. "Well...I think it's been maybe...thirty or forty five minutes? They said an hour, right? I wouldn't be worried yet. Plus, even if they were late we wouldn't be able to do anything. We don't know where they went." She tugged her hat down over her ears and headed for the door. "I'll be right back." She said. "I'll bring in the mail and when Jamal get's here he'll open it.

Arint was now in the AC duct's, crawling through, irritated, he dropped into the old man's room, and found a 9mm gun, he picked it up and put it in his pocket, he went out of the room and saw the man watching TV, should he kill the man, or not, either way he wanted him to suffer, but was he really able to kill someone?

"Well...I think it's been maybe...thirty or forty five minutes? They said an hour, right? I wouldn't be worried yet. Plus, even if they were late we wouldn't be able to do anything. We don't know where they went." Kiki said, tugging her hat down over her ears. She didn't seem very outwardly concerned. But Terra was a worrywart and too altruistic for her own good. She bit her lip as Kiki stepped out of the apartment stating that she'd be right back.
...thirty or forty minutes? Terra's lip bled a little, but she licked it away, scolding herself for ripping up the scab again. Anything could happen to nekoes at night in 30-40 minutes. She should know. She'd been pummeled in less time than that.
So again, here Terra was, sitting on her butt and since she didn't know where the other people who saved her life were, she was helpless and useless too go find them if they did stay out for too long. Great.

Jamal's blood ran cold as the men parted to show another neko who, by his appearance and dress, was here for exactly the same reason as he was. His cheek was swollen though and blood was dripping from his mouth. Most of his clothes had been ripped off in some kind of struggle and a still, lifeless body was behind him. They were forcing them to fight. "What is this?" he asked the surrounding men darkly. The largest of the men laughed cruelly in response. "You really are dumber than dog droppin's. Ya fight to the death. Winner gets the deadies money to pay us back with. 'less ah 'course you have all of it in that coat of yours..." The was a long pause from Jamal as he mentally sized up his opponent and his options. He couldn't run, or they would kill him. Fighting through them was a possibility, but it was worse than committing suicide if he were to be captured. The other neko seemed to have no problem ripping the previous guy to shreds to defend his life, and it seemed that Jamal would be no different.
Jamal let out a deep sigh and coiled his body tightly against the ground, in a pounce position, and let his mind and body be consumed by the ever present darkness of his past.

Kiki came back in soon with several envelopes and a box. She set them on the floor and then sat down. Terra seemed to still be worried. "Really, I'm sure they'll be alright." Kiki said. "I mean, then seem pretty able. I'm sure they could get out of pretty much anything."

When Kiki returned with a package and some envelopes, Terra guessed that the blonde had noticed her anxiety.
"Really, I'm sure they'll be alright." Kiki said. "I mean, then seem pretty able. I'm sure they could get out of pretty much anything."
Terr wasn't sure if the girl was really that optimistic or just trying to quell her worrisome tendencies. "Did you lock the door? And how long have you known them?" Terra asked, speaking slightly faster because of the slowly growing pit in her stomach. She had a bad feeling that something wasn't right. Call it cat's intuition or paranoia, but Terra knew better than most that it was better to be safe than sorry.

She nodded. "Yes I shut the door." She replied. "And I've known them..." She stopped for a minute to count. "A week? They brought me in about a week ago. I wasn't beat as bad as you." She nodded. "Just bruises, and my leg was a little messed up. Trust me, they wouldn't let anything stop them easily. Even though I've only known them a week, they're both very determined." She gave Terra a sly look. "Plus, I think Jamal likes you."

Terra was relieved that they were secure inside the apartment, even though she wouldn't say they were totally safe. She listened intently to what Kiki had to say and flinched at her last comment, looking away and down at the sheets with wide eyes. "That's impossible... He just met me today." Terra said, tersely. There were tons of reasons why Jamal wouldn't ever 'like' her and the fact that he'd just met her was at the bottom of her list.

The old man chuckled at Adint, "Figured you wouldn't be able to get out, scum ..." he looked at Adint coldly, "Lucklilly for me, you'll soon be out of my hair for good."

Adint wondered what he meant and then realized he had pressed a button to call his goon's on him.Adint's brow's furrowed and he aimed the gun at the old man's head, "Your absolutely right, see you in h-"

He was attacked from behind and he fell forward in pain, a man stood behind him with a lead pipe, about to hit him again until Arint turned and shot him once in the chest, he got up, his back ached, but the old man was gone, "Son of a ..." he cursed and looked out the window, he could already hear siren's in the distance, he looked out the window and jumped.

Kiki shrugged, sensing she'd touched on a nerve. She backpedaled and gestured towards the book. "Well, how about we read for awhile? Take our minds off of things."

"Good idea." Terra agreed,glad that Kiki hadn't pushed it. Distraction would be nice. And reading was always one of her favorite ways to go about it. "Which page are you on?"

She sat down on the bed next to Terra and told her what page she'd been on. She was a little excited now that she was finally going to learn what happened next. She pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms loosely around her knees.