Breathe Me (Closed)

Kiki came into the room carefully balancing the two plates. "Lunch." She announced. "or...dinner..." She really wasn't sure. She shrugged and handed one plate to Jamal then glanced at Terra. She wasn't sure if she should go over or not, then shrugged and went that direction. "Here you go." She said as she held the plate out. "Be careful, it's hot." She gave Terra a lopsided smile so maybe she wouldn't be so wary of Kiki.

"Kiki." Adint called from the other room, as he walked in balancing his and her food, "Take it before I accidentally drop it." He joked, he looked at Terra and smiled, "I hope you like it." He scrunched his eye's up a bit and went over to his bed, putting Kiki's plate next to him.

Terra cleared her throat, uncomfortable with Kiki's approach. Despite her cautiousness, she gave the girl a half-smile, grateful for the food. Now that she'd learned all their names since Jamal had mentioned Adint and Adint called to Kiki, she could thank them in earnest. "Thank you so much Adint...Kiki. I really needed this." She said, trying to get them to understand just how much she appreciated their gift. She pulled one arm out of the coarse blanket and slowly took the steaming food away from Kiki.
The macaroni smelled delicious, but in order to maintain her manners, she directed her violet gaze back to Jamal, still curious as a cat when it came to his answer on 'payment'.

Last edited:
Kiki nodded with a small smile before going back to her own plate. It did smell good, and Kiki was hungry. She dug in enthusiastically as she listened to the conversation around her. A piece of the scalding macaroni fell onto her hand and she squeaked, dropping her fork and shaking off the burning food. Her burnt hand went to her mouth; food temporarily forgotten.

At Kiki's sudden squeak, Terra's ebony ears twitched toward the bed and she saw Kiki suck on her superficial wound. For a moment, she couldn't help but giggle a little at her extreme response. For a second or two, her laugh was pure. But then she coughed and groaned at the flare of pain in her ribs. Her ears flipped flat against her head again. "Sorry Kiki. I don't want to offend you." She apologized.

Adint looked at Kiki softly, "Should I kiss it?" He asked softly, winking at her, just messing around a little, then he looked softly at Terra and Jamal, his ear's perked a little, and he ate some more.

Kiki resisted the childish urge to stick her tongue out at Terra and nodded. "It's okay." She said. She frowned at Terra's groan. "Are you alright?" She asked. She looked at Adint when he spoke of kissing it and shook her head quickly. "N-no. No. That's...not necessary." She looked back down at her plate to avoid eye contact.

He looked at her a bit confused, it had been a joke, but he shrugged he got up, "I'm going to get some glasses of milk." He said, heading back to the kitchen.

Kiki scooted a little further aside on the bed and turned her attention back to her food. She was uncomfortable now, and just wanted to eat quickly and go back to the bedroom. Maybe hide under the blankets for awhile.

Jamal was still leaning against the archway when Kiki had given him his plate of hot macaroni with thin slices of ham and smiled thankfully. In the noisy, talkative atmosphere that soon filled the room he couldn't help but feel a long missed sense of contentment. The kind that was only felt when surrounded by family, and that was exactly what everyone here was to him: his family.
He looked over at Terra in reply to her stare, knowing that she wasn't going to be saying 'Nevermind' to the asking of her question any time soon. He cleared his throat lightly in preparation for his answer.
"Yes and no." With a wide, mischievous smile he shoved a fork full of cheesy noodles into his mouth and lapsed into silence, watching the young neko out of the corner of his eye.

Adint came back in the room momentarilly, he held a plate with 4 glasses of milk, he handed the first to Jamal, then Terra, Kiki, and himself, he drank a little and now had a milk mustache but didn't seem to notice or otherwise care. He looked at Kiki, she was being so quiet.

Kiki thanked him quietly for the milk and took a long drink. She picked up her plate and took it into the kitchen. "I'm going to go lay down." She said as she headed back into the bedroom.

Adint shrugged and sighed a little, continuing to eat, "Alright ... you sure?" He asked, but she was already gone. He ate a little bit more and looked at Terra and Jamal.

Terra cocked her head at Jamal's answer slightly, hoping this mission of his wouldn't be too dangerous. He sent her a mischievous smile and she blinked her wide eyes. Terra decided that she quite enjoyed his smile. It looked amazing on him. She let the mystery of payment go, too distracted by her first real meal in what felt like eternity. The milk was cool on her tongue and heavenly down her dry throat. Terra licked away her milk mustache adorably and dug into the macaroni and ham. It was hard to restrain herself from scarfing it down, but she kept reminding herself that if she ate too quickly after a long period without food, she might end up throwing it up. That's something she learned on the streets about 2 years ago.
She then noticed Adint's gray eyes staring at Jamal and her and she rose an eyebrow in response? Why was he looking at her? Terra let her hair fall over her left eye, blocking her face from his view a little.
Terra couldn't hold back a moan of satisfaction at the cheesy taste of the macaroni as Kiki left the room nervously. She didn't blame the girl. If she weren't afraid to stand thanks to the damage those men had caused to her body, she would have left the room as well.

Last edited:
Adint looked away, and sighed a little, he finished his meal and took his plate in the kitchen, before putting his jacket and a fedora on, heading toward the door.

Jamal eventually finished his food as well, sipping the chilled milk slowly throughout the meal to better enjoy it, saving a small sip at the end to wash down the remnant smoky flavour of the ham. He went to the kitchen and threw out the used paper plate and washed the cups that were in the sink thoroughly. When he entered the living room, he was only mildly surprised to see Adint dressed to go out as well. He raised a brow in question, speaking it allowed as well. "Will you be joining me today Adint, or will you be following your own agenda?"

Adint smiled slyly, "I have to go see something." He said, looking toward Jamal, trying not to let Jamal know too much, though he trusted Jamal he would rather not talk about this, however with their money being low he would do odd job's to earn a little more, most of the people he worked for were cruel and barely gave him anything, however it was better than nothing, and he'd rather not sell his mother's necklace.

He nodded to Jamal, "I'll be back in about an hour." He said, going out, closing the door to keep the chill out.

Terra watched the exchange curiously as she finished her ration of food last, savoring the creamy milk. Adint left, stating when he'd be back and Terra looked up at Jamal while placing her plate, cup and utensil down by the first aid kit with minimal difficulty.
"Do you know where he went?" She asked. She would attempt moving her plate and things to the kitchen when he left.

"I'll see you later then," was his farewell just before the door closed. He released a small breath of pent up air from his cheeks, almost making a whistling sound. "No. He's a big boy though and I trust that he can make his own choice appropriately."
If Jamal and Adint were to both be going out though, then there were a few precautions he needed to warn Terra of. He turned to her direction and seeing her lying there by herself, immobile and extremely tiny in comparison to the sheet that covered her lap, he felt a small pang of guilt. "Kiki's down the hall resting if you need anything. I should be back around the same time as Adint returns, an hour, give or take. Absolutely no door or mail. If you hear either, stay away." He wasn't sure exactly as to who had started sending them garbage in the mail, but the trend developed quickly and now they would occasionally get sent boxes with dead kittens inside, or pictures of nekos as they were beat to death. He didn't need either of the girls seeing such things. "Got it?" he asked her in confirmation of the rules.

Adint was hurrying out the door, and sighed softly, running down the stair's instead of using the elevator, he ran out the lobby as quickly as he could, he had to meet up with the old man to do whatever the old man wanted him to do.