Breaking The Stereotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Powerless_

Original poster
4007016.png

pic71.jpg

Maybank Valley High School is known for its wide variety of students, backgrounds, teachers and events. It's always been a little rebellious in it's workings, throwing off many people that would set foot in the school. A lovely school, looking poised and proper as can be proves to be the home of a diverse selection of students. Hold on! Did you even believe that bullshittery for one minute? No? Well then at least you have some proper education, believe me you will definitely need that here! This is your regular high school, sorry if I'm bursting anyone's bubbles. Cliques, they are everywhere. There's the cheerleader, queen bitch, the nobody, the geek, the jock, the heart breaker. The list goes on and on, the stereotypes never being broken for one second. This is where 'Room 113' comes into play, a place where people of all genres gather to hang out, make plans, touch hearts and numerous other things. A band of friends from entirely different status's all joining together in secret to create lasting memories that not a soul can bring them down about. This is the place where the cheerleader falls in love with the nerd. The place where the queen of the school, develops a crush on the band geek. This is the place, where breaking the stereotypes is the goal!

So looking to be part of the club? I got you covered with that too! Just fill out the sheet and stick it in the Room 113 mailbox. I'm sure we would love to have you! But make sure if your already a member to fill out the file too! We want to make sure everyone know's who's who.

(Picture *Realism is preferred!*)
Name:
A little about you: (*Biography*)
What stereotype are you stuck under?: (*Only one person with each please~*)

Taken Stereotypes

-Band Geek-Zoe Thredder
-Hipster-Monica K Anderson
-Music Nerd-Desmond Green
-Cheerleader-Hollyn Louise Delerie
The Nobody-Xavier McIntosh
Skater Chick-Jasper Wrenley
Player-Jacob Belfren
Heartbreaker-Jered Reynolds
Punk Princess-Margo Ryd

Reserved Stereotypes

1386161571429027.jpg

Name: Bonjour! I'm Zoe Aurora Thredder.
Traits: Friendly , Finicky, Sweet, Disorganized, Fun, Over-Emotional
A Little About You: Only Child! My mother and father are both successful doctors. I live with my mother, her stupid new boyfriend and my dog Poncho. Yeah stupid name, I know! Don't remind me. I am a flutist in the band and a soprano is the chorus.
Stereotype Your Stuck Under: People call me a band geek!

OOC- So you know, the profiles should be written in first person, but your actual roleplaying should be third--If I love your post your accepted!

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_liwkxbKYe31qgbjzzo1_400_large.jpg

Name: My name is Monica K. Anderson. The K stands for Karma, like the star. Cool, right? Your welcome to call me that.

Traits: I'm creative, compassionate, and persevering. Unfortunately I can also be reticent, flighty, and brash.

A little about you: Where do I even start? I'm the head photographer of the yearbook committee. Photography in general is just a passion of mine. I've even got a Instagram, KuteKarmander, feel free to check it out. In my free time I also mess around with my video camera and make ironically awful music videos. Other times I just film my friends antics, my favorites are from last years Coachella. (Coachella is this super cool music festival, i'm sure you've never heard of it.) I even film some stuff for the schools morning news casts; that spectacular panoramic shot of the cafeteria last week was all me. If you want to see some of my stuff check out my YouTube; it's KuteKarmander too.

Anyways, I live with my dad, Andrew, and my two older brothers, Lewis and Delson. All three of them are carpenters, it's kind of the family business. Dad hopes one day I'll go into carpentry with them, but he supports my dreams of being a professional photographer. What he isn't to supportive of is my efforts to get the family to go vegetarian and grow our own food! I think I'm starting to get to Lewis though... I catch him tending to the garden when he thinks I'm not paying attention. Lewis is actually pretty soft hearted, but he tried to hide it because Delson tends to tease him that it makes him seem "gay". Delson really isn't one to talk considering he and his boyfriend are pretty gay.

What stereotype are you stuck under: I get called a hipster from time to time...

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Have you thought of making a banner or posting in the roleplay advertising section?

@Eionne First of all your new! So welcome to Iwaku. Second of all, of course!

(Picture *Realism is preferred!*)
tumblr_m8qnl7HcS71r7ollmo1_500.jpg

Name:
Names Desmond Green, most call me Des
Traits: (*3 positive and 3 negative)
I'm a good friend, i'm nice and defensive. Well i'm terrible with jokes, i will sometimes cross the line and i'm not open minded.
A little about you: (*Biography*)
I was born in a good home, with my mom and dad. My mom left when i was four, so it was just the two of us. We had a lot of fun together, playing games and going out for lunch and breakfast. But then he got remarried, to a women named Melody, hated her since the start. She had two sons and a daughter, the two boys were annoying, they were close to the same age, but the daughter i didn't mind she's thirteen and i look out for her. But the same doesn't go for my 'Stepmother.' She is a b@#$%. Well i am mostly an outsider at my school because i'm a nerd.
What stereotype are you stuck under?: (*Only one person with each please~*)
I would probably be a music nerd, just because i love music and play the drums.​

Reactions: Powerless_
16fbc76d1fd8bffa84318b4f594b23e1.jpg

Name: Hollyn Louise Delerie
Traits: Impatient, Stubborn, Hot-Headed, Loyal, Empathetic, Courageous
A little about you: I am the youngest of five children, with three older brothers(Rohan, Aidan, and Colm ) and an elder twin brother(Logan). My mother passed away when I was fairly little, so for the most part, I have been the only female living in the household. My dad, as loving and attentive of a father as he can be, is generally away from the home a majority of the time, he runs his own business (a relatively successful of fitness ).
If I were to be truly honest, I hate cheerleading with a burning passion. The only real reason I joined was to help increase my flexibility and strength for my one true love, jiu jitsu. As per Delerie family tradition, I have been enrolled in jiu jitsu classes, since about the age of five. With my dad being a retired from his first, brief career as an MMA fighter, it kind of seemed only natural for us kids to take some kind of mixed martial arts class.
What stereotype are you stuck under?: People call me a Cheerleader

Picture:
adambrody.jpg

Name: Xavier McIntosh
Traits: Good- I-I'm a kind p-person, I think things though u-usually, I'm a very g-good friend......w-well I would be if I h-had friends. Bad- I am not very good at t-t-talking to people, I j-just get s-s-so nervous around p-people what if they d-don't like me? I'm not street smart, and I get startled easily.
Biography: Well my siblings are r-really good at sport and I'm the forgotten child in my house. I still love my family, but sometimes it feels like my parents love my s-siblings more than m-m-me.
Stereotype: the nobody

Last edited:
Oh and when Xavier finally does make a friend he is going to be very clingy haha

Jasper
Wrenley

tumblr_n15sgvp1oc1tsrzrio1_500.jpg

Traits
I love people! People are awesome, talking to people, being around people. I have a sort of habit when it comes to jokes and stuff, and I love to fuck around and tease my friends with stuff like that. I have very little tolerance for assholes, though. Put one in my face and it'll probably end in blood, honestly. And you can't really convince me to do something worth a damn. People say that I'm kinda reckless in what I do, but you know - fuck 'em, right? My life, my choices. But hey, I promise I'm not a jerk! I try my hardest not to be.

A Little About You
Born here, raised here. No mom, but an awesome dad. Pretty normal stuff otherwise. I'm pretty pro at skateboarding, and I grew up listening to lots of different music, so my music taste is all over the fucking place. Kinda made a reputation at this school as a sorta badass, I think. People treat me like it. I dunno.

What stereotype are you stuck under?
People call me a skater chick a lot. It's kinda cool, actually.

--------

Jᴀsᴏɴ
Bᴇʟғʀᴇɴ

tumblr_mfowb4PaN51rf2t4co1_500.jpg

Traits
Lemme see ... well, I've been called affectionate, if that makes sense. Like, cuddly. I do things like hugging and stuff, but people say I'm, like, really big on physical contact, so I must do those things more than I realize. I've also heard the word charming be thrown around, but it feels self-centered to call myself that. I'm apparently also really polite to girls - don't ask me why, it's just what I've heard people say. I can be forgetful sometimes though, and kind of short-tempered. And honestly, I can be a little too confident in myself at times.

A Little About You
I live with my mom and dad in a townhouse. I have a little sister who's 9, and I try to be a good older brother, because she's actually a pretty cool sis. I've been with more than a few girls, but I haven't really found the one, you know? Mostly just dates, nothing long-term. I think I'll actually enter a real relationship when I find the perfect girl, but I just haven't yet. I'm in with the more popular kids, but I like hanging with other kids more. The popular kids tend to be kind of catty and fake, to be honest.

What stereotype are you stuck under?
People definitely call me a player. I can't blame them; with all the girls I've been with, it's not surprising.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Hello there, my name is Jered Reynolds and I am 17 years of age. Most people call me a heartbreaker because I have charming features and that charming demeanor about me. I am very intelligent and very outgoing for my age. I also hate the fact that I am flirtatious, which usually turns most girls, or hell, even guys away. I have a don't care attitude and have the sarcasm to back it right on up. I hate making decisions, so I guess you can say that I am a little indecisive. But just a little bit.

I am the oldest sibling of three and live with my mother and father. They may not be the best parents in the world but at least they try with the best of their ability to attend to our needs respectively. And what more can I or my siblings ask for. High school to me use to be intimidating but then again, wherever you're the newbie somewhere, it usually can be. Eh, whatever else you would like to know about me, just ask! I am usually an open book.

See you at school! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
tumblr_nec7azdAQC1tbgayoo1_500.jpg

Name:
Margo "Mar" Rydz

Traits:
I'm rather argumentative, and always think myself to be right. I'm also pretty sarcastic, which pisses people off a lot. Something good about me is..well, you could consider it good. I'm a little bit of a softie. Yeah, I know. It's annoying but it's true. I have a habit of nicknaming everyone I come across. Have a hot temper? Lava Girl it is. Some would call this 'friendliness.' I guess. Another thing about me is I have a thing for coming off aggressively. Me, aggressive? No. But some people just get that impression. The final notable thing abouot me is my overly confident and 'snarky,' as my mother calls it, attitude. It goes hand in hand with the whole aggressive thing.

A little about you:
Well, my brother's a druggie, my sister's dead, and my parents hate each other. From a young age, I learned to tune it all out and drown myself in music. So, here I am today. It's a rare thing to find me without an earbud in one ear. Like I stated above, I have a thing for naming people based off of first impressions. I dyed my hair as an act of "rebellion" last year, and now, combined with what I wear, and listen to (instead of that sappy love pop garbage, I ended up listening to my brother's music. This meant Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, The Killers, etc), people stereotype me. I'm a bit of a weeb, as I dabble in the anime department.

What stereotype are you stuck under?:
People seem to think I'm some kind of "pop punk princess" or whatever.

//is this still open?//

Last edited:
@andrew21234 lol okay, any cute little kid Xavier sees he gets clanged to, it's like a magnet lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.