Breaking The Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shinju Houshu

Original poster
Skylar rushed down the street as sirens wailed in the distance. I have to get away! She thought to herself before running faster. Looking back, she saw a police station burning to the ground as well as helicopters and police cars racing after her. Once the 17 year old saw an ally way, she quickly hid in the shadows of it until they went past. Breathing out in relief, Skylar stepped out into the street again, still holding the lighter she used.

Gemma watched the girl go into the station, then her murky shadow sprinting away when the whole thing went up in flames. It was sloppy, insanely sloppy, and it seemed like the girl just popped in, lit it up, and dashed. Gemma wouldn't have done it that way.

The girl's lack of silence was also unsettling. She was breathing heavily, Gemma could hear her as she followed, and she hadn't even bothered to ditch the lighter. Its surface caught the moonlight and threw it around, basically a signal to the girl's location. Amateur.

When she entered the alley, Gemma followed and stood across from her against a brick wall, just as easily concealed by the darkness. Her breathing was indiscernible, save for the clouds of warm air entering the cold night. She tugged her beanie over her ears, the skin red from winter's touch. A helicopter flew overhead, its searchlight blinding and Gemma finally got to see her face. The girl was terrified.

"Man," Gemma whistled, arms folded across her chest, "those helicopters are low."

Spinning around, Skylar met face to face with Gemma. "Who are you? And why did you follow me?" She asked as she reached into her pocket for a medium sized grenade "Answer me!" The 17 year old demanded as she held the pulling thing of the grenade, obviously not afraid to pull it and run, leaving the lighter behind as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.