Branches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Phil! He was suppose to be Jacks 'friend'.

@Charlie Vasilyev

Oooh, okay well, if @andrew21234 never posts the character, you'll have to delete him from the relationships though. Hopefully he'll switch to this thread. I'll pm him just in case.

@thelmagineer

And yes we are open and willing to accept at least five more characters before closing sign ups. So throw up a sheet or two. LD

@TheImagineer
*pokes above* You probably saw, but just in case. ^^

@Charlie Vasilyev

Oooh, okay well, if @andrew21234 never posts the character, you'll have to delete him from the relationships though. Hopefully he'll switch to this thread. I'll pm him just in case.

@thelmagineer

And yes we are open and willing to accept at least five more characters before closing sign ups. So throw up a sheet or two. LD
I will. :-)

african-american-and-beautiful-Favim.com-488129.jpg

Name

Zuri Nwasu-Ellington

Nickname(s)

Zuri… doesn't get much short, does it?

~16

Birth Date

Jan. 25, 2000

Sex

female

Gender Identity

female

Sexual Orientation

heterosexual

Relationship Status

Single… not looking

Pet

A goldfish. His name is Charlie.

Grade

Sophomore

Occupation

None. She likes to focus on her studies. Although, she does like volunteering for school events sometimes, and she adores fundraising. Her favorite charity is Habitat for Humanity.

Educational Focus

Biology

Occupational Ambition

Environmental Biologist

Criminal Record

Repeated counts of loitering. (same place each time, actually)

-Animals
-Anything animated
-And a sometimes disconcerting love of color, as can be seen in her decorating and fashion tastes
-Karaoke and all types of music

Dislikes
-Overly spicy and bitter foods
-Math with a burning passion, but she still tries at it
-High-heeled shoes
-Legwear (If she could get away with wearing underwear everywhere, she most certainly would.)
-Dresses and skirts (Continuing on that note, she does not like exposing a lot of skin.)
-And graphic images of gore and violence

Hobbies

Zuri loves to swim. She enjoys participating in swim team related events when they have them as the acting manager of the team. However, she doesn't participate in the sport, because she thinks competition will take the fun out of it for her. She also loves to read, write, and doodle on occasion, fancying to write a novel someday of a fantastic world where only good things happen. She can carry a tune, but is in no way a miraculous voice. Her skills of projection are to be admired though, because she can be quite loud when she bursts into a random act of singing as she likes to do.

Talents

A sense of rhythm; although she is clumsy.
The power of optimism
She can sing the periodic table thanks to Tom Lehrer.
She has an affinity for picking up languages and has 2.5 under her belt besides English, which is not her native tongue.

superthumb.png

Personality
Zuri is… exuberant to say the least. She holds within herself a joy unspeakable that tends to effuse into the air around her and all throughout her body. She is often times seen as strange by others do to her spontaneity in song and dance for no reason but to release some of the pent up happiness. While called child-like, she truly isn't, having a firm grasp of how and why the world works in the way that it does. For lack of better explanation, she simply chooses to look on the bright side of things… and tries every day to get others to join the silver-lining brigade with obviously mixed results. However, if she can put on a smile on your face, she counts it as a win on her part.

On the other side of the girl is a vindictive heart, because she does her best to treat everyone the way she would have them to treat her, she does not take being slighted well. The epitome of hell-hath-no-fury, she can be a scary person to deal with when pressed hard enough, harboring a rather explosive rage within her, alongside a nearly infinite urge to see whoever wronged her or hers suffer immensely. She's very much an eye-for-an-eye type of girl. The good thing is that it takes something absolutely horrific to piss her off, so the world is usually safe from a wrathful, angel o' retribution Zuri.

Biography
Her mother did her best by her. Zuri remembers the woman and her actions fondly, and her past with bittersweetness. Born in Africa, she only vaguely recalls days looking out over the ocean while picking up seashells to return to her mother in hopes to make the tired woman smile. She worked a lot after all, having had her husband spurn her for not producing a son, but instead a daughter. There was nothing that could be done really; it was a common thing to happen. A woman that couldn't give a male child wasn't really worth keeping. So, it was just her and her mama now.

They came to America when she was just a little older, maybe two of three. Zuri can remember those times a little better. They were more… noteworthy. What was supposed to be a land or milk and honey was more of a drab place of grey steel and rude people. They landed in New York after all. It wasn't all bad though. A lot of the people were rude, but not all of them. Her mother got a job in a café and it was nice for a while. Zuri got to go to preschool. She found out that she liked other kids, and playing games all day inside was a lot nicer than going outside, more reliable to the sometimes broken playground or the people that sometimes lurked just on the outskirts that you couldn't always see, but instead could feel were there.
It crumbled sort of fast though. Or at least, it felt like it was sort of fast. When she was 12, her mom met a guy. He was nice and all, but Zuri never really warmed up to him. Not only did he like to monopolize her mom, but he tended to treat her like she was just the help or something. Her mom loved him though, so she endured it with a smile. But one day, she was sent on an errand. It went smoothly, nothing unusual, until she returned to the apartment and found a scene that she refused to speak of even now. She bolted to the café. She could wait for her mother there and ask… about it. She'd ask about it later, and it would be okay, but the next day, her mother didn't show, or the day after that…

But she waited. And the other workers let her, never asking questions, because something in the normally joyful girls eyes spoke of a trauma that they either didn't know how to deal with or didn't care to. Eventually, nothing else could be done but to turn her over to the police. She refused to go home for fear of what she would find, and no one was willing to take her in after all she was just the child of their coworker that they had only met a few times before. All they knew was that she like blueberry pancakes, was kind, polite, but also quiet. So they hardly knew a thing about her even after all those years.

She stayed in the system until she was fourteen. Through that time, she got a little therapy, a little street smarts, and overall a little stronger as person, which was all well and good considering the household she met when the Ellington's adopted her was naught but a strange mishmash of kids and backgrounds and ethnicities that she hadn't even really encountered having lived as a ward. The good thing is a fresh start is just what she needed to help her forget.

Relationships With Family

Angelica Ellington
"She makes me smile."
> I like having another mother. She's loving and strict, and that's alright with me, because I can tell she cares.<

Robert Ellington
"He's what I would hope my real father ended up being like, even though I never met him."

>I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with him, but I can tell he's a good person. Anyone mom likes can't be all bad, I'm sure.<

Scarlet
"Now there's a girl with fashion sense."
>I don't think she's all that shallow so much as she really does like material things just that much. I kind of hope she becomes a fashion designer or something.<

Randy
"He's… kind."
>You know how you can just get a vibe from someone? Well, I think for Randolph that underneath it all he is actually a kind and fair person. I don't think he'd really hurt someone for no reason. Sure, he's pugnacious, but that may be just the way he is.<

Dante
"Pretty is as pretty does."
>She may not be all about flowers and pink stuff, but Dante is a cool girl, I think. Just because she likes casual clothing doesn't make her any less feminine.<

Max
"That kid's gonna be a womanizer."
>I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but he sure doesn't get any points ogling anything with breasts. I suppose maybe it's just puberty?<

Jason
"He's cold."
>Maybe it's because he's pretty much the same age as me, but I can't really get a read on him. Also, I feel like he should get more fresh air, or at least open the windows more when he's working with his chemical stuff.<

Philip
"I wish he would let me hug him..."
>That poor little boy is hurting on the inside, but he won't let me close. I really want to just hold him and tell him everything will be okay, but I suppose getting to support his swimming is good enough for now.<

Jack
"He scares me somewhat."
>He doesn't feel like anything most of the time. It's almost like there's no spark of life in him. I'd say that it would be nice to interact with him more, but I almost don't want to figure him out because I'm afraid of what I will find in him… or worse, not find at all.<

Ashley
"She'll go places for sure."
>It's one thing to have a disability and another to really "live" with one. Ashley knows how to do this, so I believe that there is nothing that will ever stop her from doing what she wants to do, and that makes my heart glad.<

Daisy
"She has a green thumb."
>I love this little angel. She humbles me and I love spending time with her, especially gardening. One day I'll see if she will let me braid flowers into her hair.<

Extras

-This is a girl who feels very deeply. She isn't emotional perse, but words definitely hurt her and actions more so.

-She really hates the internet and uses it as sparingly as possible, limited to: homework, research, charging/syncing her ipod, because it makes her question her already tentative faith in humanity.

-She's very good at spelling and aspires in the short term to win a spelling bee at school.

-She is fluent in English, German, French, and what little Yoruba she remembers from childhood.

-Water turns her hair right back into a large puff, so she is diligent in using her swimming caps correctly.

-The bathroom frightens her a bit. It's already pretty dark, so the night time makes it borderline dungeon-like. She avoids going to the bathroom at night for sure, or... secretly, uses the kid's one.

Last edited by a moderator:
So for room-mates is each kid gonna have a room-mate? And anybody wanna be Daisy's room-mate?

I think I got everyone added to the Relationships with Family, but if I missed anyone let me know. ^^

@Icystorm, what if Seth was Daisy's friend? Maybe she saw him sneaking around the school dumpster for food and befriended him?
Or one of the other kids was supposed to pick her up from school for something and they were late and Daisy wandered off meeting Seth? Seth kinda befriended her when he took her back to the school she goes to and after that she started giving him her lunch through the school fence?
Or some situation like that....

Dunno just an idea. :-) I saw no one had claimed him yet as a friend. You can say no if you want I'm chill.

@Icystorm, what if Seth was Daisy's friend? Maybe she saw him sneaking around the school dumpster for food and befriended him?
Or one of the other kids was supposed to pick her up from school for something and they were late and Daisy wandered off meeting Seth? Seth kinda befriended her when he took her back to the school she goes to and after that she started giving him her lunch through the school fence?
Or some situation like that....

Dunno just an idea. :-) I saw no one had claimed him yet as a friend. You can say no if you want I'm chill.
He is actually friends with Jason, just have not got to updating it. He could friends with Daisy also, though, because he would absolutely adore her!

african-american-and-beautiful-Favim.com-488129.jpg

Name

Zuri Nwasu-Ellington

Nickname(s)

Zuri… doesn't get much short, does it?

~16

Birth Date

Jan. 25, 2000

Sex

female

Gender Identity

female

Sexual Orientation

heterosexual

Relationship Status

Single… not looking

Pet

A goldfish. His name is Charlie.

Grade

Sophomore

Occupation

None. She likes to focus on her studies. Although, she does like volunteering for school events sometimes, and she adores fundraising. Her favorite charity is Habitat for Humanity.

Educational Focus

Biology

Occupational Ambition

Environmental Biologist

Criminal Record

Repeated counts of loitering. (same place each time, actually)

-Animals
-Anything animated
-And a sometimes disconcerting love of color, as can be seen in her decorating and fashion tastes
-Karaoke and all types of music

Dislikes
-Overly spicy and bitter foods
-Math with a burning passion, but she still tries at it
-High-heeled shoes
-Legwear (If she could get away with wearing underwear everywhere, she most certainly would.)
-Dresses and skirts (Continuing on that note, she does not like exposing a lot of skin.)
-And graphic images of gore and violence

Hobbies

Zuri loves to swim. She enjoys participating in swim team related events when they have them as the acting manager of the team. However, she doesn't participate in the sport, because she thinks competition will take the fun out of it for her. She also loves to read, write, and doodle on occasion, fancying to write a novel someday of a fantastic world where only good things happen. She can carry a tune, but is in no way a miraculous voice. Her skills of projection are to be admired though, because she can be quite loud when she bursts into a random act of singing as she likes to do.

Talents

A sense of rhythm; although she is clumsy.
The power of optimism
She can sing the periodic table thanks to Tom Lehrer.
She has an affinity for picking up languages and has 2.5 under her belt besides English, which is not her native tongue.

superthumb.png

Personality
Zuri is… exuberant to say the least. She holds within herself a joy unspeakable that tends to effuse into the air around her and all throughout her body. She is often times seen as strange by others do to her spontaneity in song and dance for no reason but to release some of the pent up happiness. While called child-like, she truly isn't, having a firm grasp of how and why the world works in the way that it does. For lack of better explanation, she simply chooses to look on the bright side of things… and tries every day to get others to join the silver-lining brigade with obviously mixed results. However, if she can put on a smile on your face, she counts it as a win on her part.

On the other side of the girl is a vindictive heart, because she does her best to treat everyone the way she would have them to treat her, she does not take being slighted well. The epitome of hell-hath-no-fury, she can be a scary person to deal with when pressed hard enough, harboring a rather explosive rage within her, alongside a nearly infinite urge to see whoever wronged her or hers suffer immensely. She's very much an eye-for-an-eye type of girl. The good thing is that it takes something absolutely horrific to piss her off, so the world is usually safe from a wrathful, angel o' retribution Zuri.

Biography
Her mother did her best by her. Zuri remembers the woman and her actions fondly, and her past with bittersweetness. Born in Africa, she only vaguely recalls days looking out over the ocean while picking up seashells to return to her mother in hopes to make the tired woman smile. She worked a lot after all, having had her husband spurn her for not producing a son, but instead a daughter. There was nothing that could be done really; it was a common thing to happen. A woman that couldn't give a male child wasn't really worth keeping. So, it was just her and her mama now.

They came to America when she was just a little older, maybe two of three. Zuri can remember those times a little better. They were more… noteworthy. What was supposed to be a land or milk and honey was more of a drab place of grey steel and rude people. They landed in New York after all. It wasn't all bad though. A lot of the people were rude, but not all of them. Her mother got a job in a café and it was nice for a while. Zuri got to go to preschool. She found out that she liked other kids, and playing games all day inside was a lot nicer than going outside, more reliable to the sometimes broken playground or the people that sometimes lurked just on the outskirts that you couldn't always see, but instead could feel were there.
It crumbled sort of fast though. Or at least, it felt like it was sort of fast. When she was 12, her mom met a guy. He was nice and all, but Zuri never really warmed up to him. Not only did he like to monopolize her mom, but he tended to treat her like she was just the help or something. Her mom loved him though, so she endured it with a smile. But one day, she was sent on an errand. It went smoothly, nothing unusual, until she returned to the apartment and found a scene that she refused to speak of even now. She bolted to the café. She could wait for her mother there and ask… about it. She'd ask about it later, and it would be okay, but the next day, her mother didn't show, or the day after that…

But she waited. And the other workers let her, never asking questions, because something in the normally joyful girls eyes spoke of a trauma that they either didn't know how to deal with or didn't care to. Eventually, nothing else could be done but to turn her over to the police. She refused to go home for fear of what she would find, and no one was willing to take her in after all she was just the child of their coworker that they had only met a few times before. All they knew was that she like blueberry pancakes, was kind, polite, but also quiet. So they hardly knew a thing about her even after all those years.

She stayed in the system until she was fourteen. Through that time, she got a little therapy, a little street smarts, and overall a little stronger as person, which was all well and good considering the household she met when the Ellington's adopted her was naught but a strange mishmash of kids and backgrounds and ethnicities that she hadn't even really encountered having lived as a ward. The good thing is a fresh start is just what she needed to help her forget.

Relationships With Family

Angelica Ellington
"She makes me smile."
> I like having another mother. She's loving and strict, and that's alright with me, because I can tell she cares.<

Robert Ellington
"He's what I would hope my real father ended up being like even though I never met him."

>I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with him, but I can tell he's a good person. Anyone mom likes can't be all bad, I'm sure.<

Scarlet
"Now there's a girl with fashion sense."
>I don't think she's all that shallow so much as she really does like material things just that much. I kind of hope she becomes a fashion designer or something.<

Randy
"He's… kind."
>You know how you can just get a vibe from someone? Well, I think for Randolph that underneath it all he is actually a kind and fair person. I don't think he'd really hurt someone for no reason. Sure, he's pugnacious, but that may be just the way he is.<

Dante
"Pretty is as pretty does."
>She may not be all about flowers and pink stuff, but Dante is a cool girl, I think. Just because she likes casual clothing doesn't make her any less feminine.<

Max
"That kid's gonna be a womanizer."
>I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but he sure doesn't get any points ogling anything with breasts. I suppose maybe it's just puberty?<

Jason
"He's cold."
>Maybe it's because he's pretty much the same age as me, but I can't really get a read on him. Also, I feel like he should get more fresh air, or at least open the windows more when he's working with his chemical stuff.<

Felix
"A little effeminate, but that's okay nowadays, right?"
>He plays beautiful music. I think that he should be a composer, but I'd have to talk to him more to see what his dreams are. We could make an afternoon of it!<

Jack
"He scares me somewhat."
>He doesn't feel like anything most of the time. It's almost like there's no spark of life in him. I'd say that it would be nice to interact with him more, but I almost don't want to figure him out because I'm afraid of what I will find in him… or worse, not find at all.<

Ashley
"She'll go places for sure."
>It's one thing to have a disability and another to really "live" with one. Ashley knows how to do this, so I believe that there is nothing that will ever stop her from doing what she wants to do, and that makes my heart glad.<

Daisy
"She has a green thumb."
>I love this little angel. She humbles me and I love spending time with her, especially gardening. One day I'll see if she will let me braid flowers into her hair.<

Extras

-This is a girl who feels very deeply. She isn't emotional perse, but words definitely hurt her and actions more so.

-She really hates the internet and uses it as sparingly as possible, limited to: homework, research, charging/syncing her ipod, because it makes her question her already tentative faith in humanity.

-She's very good at spelling and aspires in the short term to win a spelling bee at school.

-She is fluent in English, German, French, and what little Yoruba she remembers from childhood.

-Water turns her hair right back into a large puff, so she is diligent in using her swimming caps correctly.
Accepted!

So for room-mates is each kid gonna have a room-mate? And anybody wanna be Daisy's room-mate?
I'll be arranging roommates based on a few factors such as age, gender and/or need.

@Icystorm @Charlie Vasilyev

And I don't mean to burst your bubble but kids in grades 9-12 will be going to high school and kids in grades K-8 will be attending elementary school and the schools aren't next to each other.

Accepted!

I'll be arranging roommates based on a few factors such as age, gender and/or need.

@Icystorm @Charlie Vasilyev

And I don't mean to burst your bubble but kids in grades 9-12 will be going to high school and kids in grades K-8 will be attending elementary school and the schools aren't next to each other.

Seth only goes to school sometimes...street smarts is all he needs according to his form.

And I don't think either of my ideas were how Daisy met Seth actually cause I proposed them before I knew he was Jason's friend.
Daisy probably met him when he was hanging out with Jason.

Seth only goes to school sometimes...street smarts is all he needs according to his form.

And I don't think either of my ideas were how Daisy met Seth actually cause I proposed them before I knew he was Jason's friend.
Daisy probably met him when he was hanging out with Jason.
Yup. ^^ And since Jason likes to be around Daisy it works out well.

I was referring to these parts, as I assume Seth is in high school and Daisy is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.