Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Mix of Fantasy or Magical. Or even just a grand open world with a mix of odd styles.
I think that the new system could work very similarly to the old "GROUPS" tab that is no longer usable. I kinda used the Example group as a template and used my terrible arts magic to try and create examples of a couple of ideas.

First, the tab idea.

In this example, you could have additional tabs at the top that when clicked, would show either its own Thread, or its own Forum with a few threads in it. This could be used to organize different cities, houses, etc if it were forums. Or, if each tab was an individual thread, it could be its own house, city, etc.

But, going by those tabs would be pretty messy and they don't leave a lot of room... So as an alternative...

Using the side bar, you could turn those buttons into links to a groups own set of threads or forums that are only accessible through those buttons. You would be able to keep things organized, and maybe through use of Group Tools move the order of those buttons.

I dunno, these are just ideas that I want to pitch, because I would like to have easily accessible and organized group roleplays brought back as quickly as possible.

Thank you for at least listening to me!

~Kakumei

Here, these quotes should answer your musings:

Redblood:
Right now we cannot create more tabs, nor make it so that people can create custom tabs since that system was way too buggy. If you feel that you really need an extra thread for the info, you could create a new thread in the INFO GROUP ROLEPLAY section of the forum (make sure to write on it that it's meant for an info dump and anyone that wants to apply to the RP needs to go to the normal OOC that's in a tab in the overview) then go to the overview, edit it, put a link to the thread in the slot that says "Alternative sign up button link". Note that if you do this, keep your Sign-ups in the normal OOC thread as it will be be more difficult for the mods if you have four threads with one not being linked when they are about to graveyard stuff. Also makes sure to state in the overview that more info exists in the thread of the sign-up button, so that people know that.

Otherwise I would suggest to use coding to fit all your info in the overview. If you use the accordion code or tabs you can have different things showing at different times. Codes are a good way to make the first post not seem that big even though it is gigantic and make everything look organized.

Here's an example for how codings can be used to fit more without taking up the whole page.

Here's the BB code list if you want to try it out. You can test the codes beforehand if you are unsure of how they work either in your blog or in the help desk.
Diana:

I am thinking about adding a page-tab like the Rules and Cast List pages that would be called Info. 8D But first we want people to get used to the new system before we make any more adjustments or improvements.
[BCOLOR=#151515]Though I'm not entirely sure where you're getting at with the thread links bar. You can already link multiple threads to group roleplays and having them be accessible only through the group page seems like a hassle for Xenforo, the providers of the forum format and code, and Iwaku as a site. [/BCOLOR]

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
How does one link multiple threads to a single group roleplay? I dont understand how...

I've never tried it myself, but if you go into edit there is a place called Alternate Sign Up Thread where you can link another thread to the rp and despite its name it can be used for more than sign ups. And the things you've written over in one of your examples is also involved. A mod will have to further explain this.

This thread may possibly help too.

Last edited:
But the amount of threads is still limited to... Like Three?

Yikes...

How many threads fo you need? Used as an index, and the possibilities are endless. It's really all in the way you format things and how you regulate them. Not everything needs it's own thread; posts work just as well, and I believe there's a way to lock threads to keep everyone but you from commenting if need be. Besides, it keeps the forums from becoming cluttered, users from abusing threads, and makes the moderators' jobs easier.

Right now we cannot create more than one ooc tab and two extra info tabs (characters and rules), the system is too buggy for more than that.

You can also link to one extra sign up thread and of course your in character thread by editing your overview. (make sure to link them so that mods doesn't miss threads during graveyarding and modding)

You could use the sign up thread to just post info about the roleplay. Make sure to state in the thread that it's an info thread and they need to go to the ooc to post characters. There needs to be a reasonable amount of threads for each roleplay, otherwise the modding work will be extremely hard. Use bb-code tabs or put different info in different posts in the ooc/ic. If you know that you wanted five different tabs for different info, create five posts in the ooc before anyone has written in it. Just write something like "info coming soon" and then edit them once you have created all the posts you need. That way no one will have the time to write in it before all the necessary info posts have been created.

How many threads fo you need? Used as an index, and the possibilities are endless. It's really all in the way you format things and how you regulate them. Not everything needs it's own thread; posts work just as well, and I believe there's a way to lock threads to keep everyone but you from commenting if need be. Besides, it keeps the forums from becoming cluttered, users from abusing threads, and makes the moderators' jobs easier.

We can block certain users from writing in a thread, but if we lock a thread, then the owner of the thread will be locked out as well. There is no way to make a thread an owner only posting area.

I don't think people understand what I am trying make ideas for.

You know when we had the ability to create groups which had their own subforums? That way you could make multiple threads that
have different purposes for the role play. Characters homes, different cities, things of that nature.

I was suggesting that perhaps we could implement those with the tabs or the set of buttons off to the side.

It just kills me to know that large group roleplays are going to eventually die out on here. Those large, open world
sandbox type of roleplays are why I came to this site. Throwing ideas out that could work as quick fixes or even temporary ones
is my way of coping with that.

The groups won't be gone forever. Once they come out with a new update or a new group system that isn't too buggy, we will bring the groups back again. Also we are planning on introducing universe roleplays for regular members eventually, but because of all the bugs and changes recently it has been postponed. In universe roleplays people will be able to make multiple threads for different purposes.

Larger group roleplays won't die, but people will have to be patient until we are able to open up the groups again.

Yeah, I understand that. But I liked the set up of how the roleplay tab looked when you create a roleplay and just
wanted to see if anyone liked the idea of incorporating that into group roleplay as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.