#BoycottBeyonce

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Beyonce and how she's able to start conversations about issues with her art! 8D I really wish more music artists were like that.

I mean, I want all the fun candy songs too, though. >:3 But I like this stuff.

You know, why are we talking about Beyonce when Miley Cyrus is wearing nothing but straps and a strapon?

And no, I'm not linking to those, you have google. All you get is a NSFW warning in advance.

You know, why are we talking about Beyonce when Miley Cyrus is wearing nothing but straps and a strapon?

And no, I'm not linking to those, you have google. All you get is a NSFW warning in advance.
Because nothing that chick does surprises us anymore. :P

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I love Beyonce and how she's able to start conversations about issues with her art! 8D I really wish more music artists were like that.

It might just be me being an old coot, but I would hardly call modern pop music, "art".

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
I'm British, I have more important issues to think about than "This other country's dumb artist did a dumb thing" thank you very much.

the most important issue I have is "How to kill David Cameron without getting caught" All I can think up is placing a homemade explosive in a dead pig and leaving it on his doorstep...that might work.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I'm British, I have more important issues to think about than "This other country's dumb artist did a dumb thing" thank you very much.

the most important issue I have is "How to kill David Cameron without getting caught" All I can think up is placing a homemade explosive in a dead pig and leaving it on his doorstep...that might work.
I laughed way too hard at that. Gotta love John Oliver for filling me in on all things overseas that normal American news won't tell me. >_>

Imagine if the social media sphere was around during the 80's/90's when acts like NWA and Rage against the Machine were popular. LOL

All lives should matter, not just black and white. Murder and violence against any group, between any group should not be accepted. The whole reason there is so much racial tension is because groups like Black Lives Matter are helping to create it. You don't see them working along side white people to try and defuse the tension, they're making it! What they're essentially saying is that only the deaths of African Americans are important.u raise good points and you basically just said why the NBPP is considered a hate group and why MLK is celebrated far more than Malcolm X ever will be.
We have another word for that. It's called being "pro-black". Hell I call out people like that all the time on their behavior. While I'm personally in the No Lives Matter category, you raise good points and you basically just said why the NBPP is considered a hate group and why MLK is celebrated far more than Malcolm X ever will be.
Sadly those "BLM" movements aren't doing themselves any credit when people need to apologize for daring to suggest lives that aren't black also matter.

Sadly those "BLM" movements aren't doing themselves any credit when people need to apologize for daring to suggest lives that aren't black also matter.
giphy.gif

Freedom of speech I'm gonna miss you when you're gone

• Thank You
Reactions: SacredWarrior
I don't think we're suddenly going to lose freedom of speech (as much as 3rd wave would love that), nor that the situation will ever change.
We improved from worse, like the racial climate back during MLK time was undoubtedly worse than it is now and we still improved and actually expanded our freedom of speech.

But this whole "White People are villains, black people are always innocent" mentality is still a pain, and isn't helping society progress further.

Like seriously, you don't get to start 'protests' where you rob and vandalize innocent people's stores, stop police from doing their job of arresting said criminals and then claim you're being persecuted.
No, you're not being persecuted. You're being trailed under the law for being exactly what you are, a criminal.

And that is exactly what the problem is, and why the situation will never change. Suggesting that all life is precious is a crime anymore. Heaven forbid that anyone wants peace and equality for everyone, it's either for one group or another and fuck everyone else.
"But muh OPPRESSION! You're erasing my experiences in a society that hates our race! You white supremacist!"

*insert sarcasm here*

Should be noted before this thread get's locked though.

There is a pretty obvious solution to the problem...
Working to eliminate poverty and improve education.

Seriously, all hot button issues that lead to this racial topic (prison rates, lack of education, lower wages etc) can all be pointed towards simply being in a worse place in life (on average) where they live.
If we managed to fix those problems. I guarantee you this BLM nonsense will evaporate into thin air.

Reactions: Peter Feels
Should be noted before this thread get's locked though.

There is a pretty obvious solution to the problem...
Working to eliminate poverty and improve education.

Seriously, all hot button issues that lead to this racial topic (prison rates, lack of education, lower wages etc) can all be pointed towards simply being in a worse place in life (on average) where they live.
If we managed to fix those problems. I guarantee you this BLM nonsense will evaporate into thin air.
That will never change. The rich get richer, while the poor get poorer. In the U.S a college education is damn near unobtainable without spending the next few years broke as hell.

For starters, the entire welfare system in the U.S needs to be changed. People get all upset when you say that, but it's true. I understand that there are people who truly need the help. I know my family had to deal with it when my husband was out of work for two years and neither of us could find a job to save our lives. There were times when we were working that we needed the help. But we were working! We were together, and we were raising our kids together. It is damn near impossible for most people to get buy on what little they make, and that is where the system is fucked up.

You have a woman with seven different children by five different men, none of which are supported by their father. Then you have a couple with two children, both parents working and struggling to make it paycheck to paycheck. The woman with the seven kids gets full benefits and has to do absolutely nothing at all to keep them, while the family with the working parents has to jump through hoops in order to get help, and what they do get is barely enough to help. It doesn't matter that the woman with the seven kids is driving around in a brand new car (Leased or not, it doesn't matter) with her hair and nails done, and carrying around an iPhone. While the working family is driving around in a busted up car that can barely get them from point a to be, with no phone, thrift store clothes, and not even enough leftover after all their bills to scrounge the change together to take their kids out for ice cream.

The system is broken to hell. There are far too many people taking advantage of it, and it's not getting any better. I am one of those people who believe that if someone is receiving government benefits they should be audited to find out exactly where their money is going, drug tested, and given a certain amount of time to get a job before they lose their benefits. It's like unemployment. You can only claim for so long before you no longer get it. It should be the exact same way for welfare. (And no, I don't mean this should be required for people with a genuine disability or the elderly. I'm talking about the assholes out there who can spend hundreds of dollars on shoes and purses but can't go out and buy ground beef to feed their kids! That shit pisses me the fuck off!)

If people are working and earning money, they appreciate things a lot more, thus tend to be a bit more respectful of other people and their property. Being self-sufficient also leads to self-respect, which improves things all around. That's just my take on it though.

The mods getting ready to deal with the general chatting section:

BPUACPy.gif

Anyway, I didn't even know that it was about Black Panthers until I heard the news talking about her outfit being similar to them. She did a good job and I love her song, that's all. The rest is that I don't give a fuck.

Reactions: Dervish
@Response to Article, not Grothnor.

Seriously though, if the defence for BLM is that it means "Black Lives Matters too" that should be in the causes/movements name to begin with.
Otherwise even if BLM meant "Black Lives Matters only" (where a number actions seem to suggest that at least some of the movement see's it that way) it becomes way too easy a fall back/defence/excuse to simply claim "too" was implied. Hell, simply suggesting that it's 'implied' can be used for just about any movement.

(Note: I'm using extreme's to get the point across, I'm not actually saying BLM is on the same level... Notice how I'm clarifying this and not expecting it to just be implied?).

KKK: Implied that it just wants to protest cultural appropriation from black people.
Westboro Baptists: Implied it just wants Religion to be respected.
ISIS: Implied they just want America to stop causing wars over Oil.
MGTOW: Implied they just want men to be respected.
3rd Wave/Extreme/Whatever "Not my Feminism" separation you want to use Feminism: Implied they just want equal rights for women.

Too many horrible causes/groups can start being defended under the subjectivity of 'implied' if that starts to become a defence. Because suddenly the door opens to causes to do whatever they feel like, and then turn around and claim people just didn't understand it right (and honestly? Actions speaks louder than words too. They can claim 'imply' all you want, but if their actions are all about making people feel bad for not being black then I'm going to look at the cause as a hate group).

And also to note. I'm not suggesting in the slightest with the above examples that all Christians, Muslims, MRA's or Feminists are bad people.
I'm highlighting specific extreme's within those groups that work towards dividing people, BLM counting as an extreme.

• Useful
Reactions: SacredWarrior
Status
Not open for further replies.