Bound by peace

Re: Binded by peace

He nodded. She was right. Now was the time to start taking responsibility. Aubron was going to be here waiting for her once his father finished with her. He would open his arms to her, hold her close to him, determined to never let another bad thing happen to her. There was too much to risk now. His feelings too tangled up in hers.

"I will do that for you," Aubron murmured.

Their moment was ruined when the door opened. The king was there coming to retrieve his toy. He didn't care if he was going to hurt the precious woman; he would never care. He strolled into the room and pulled Gwendolyn into a violent kiss just to spite his son then the king left with her as quickly as he came. Aubron didn't want to think about how he would treat her.

The king pushed her rather hard back onto the bed. He was determined to ravage her body. Her clothes wore torn of before he nipped over her smooth skin, leaving a mark here and there. It wasn't long before he roughly claimed her.

Before she knew it, she was torn out of Aubron's arms and into the king's rough ones, planting a rough kiss on her lips and pulling her into his room. She was forced back on the bed, her skin crawling as the king's lips traced all over her. When he claimed her, she felt blood trickle down her skin. It hurt and was hardly pleasurable, but she dealt with it, trying to please the king for the sake of her people. Soon he stopped. She sighed to herself in relief. He hadn't released in her. He pulled her up, the blood staining the sheets. He shoved the sheets into her arms.

"You are free to go and wash those..." Gwendolyn dressed again, heading to the washroom to wash the sheets. Her legs hurt. She couldn't wait to go and see Aubron again. She finished washing the sheets, hanging them up to dry. She then headed back to Aubron's room. She walked back in, worried about something now.

"Aubron, What will happen if the king finds out that I'm going to have a child with you? He won't harm the baby, will he?"

Aubron stared blankly up at the ceiling, waiting for this time to end, waiting for her to come back. He was about to drift off to sleep when his princess came in. At first he greeted her with a smiled, but it faded when he could see the worry on her face. Did his father really hurt her? Did something go wrong? He began to panic the slightest bit. He was almost relieved when he found out she was worried about their child. He pushed himself off the bed and wrapped the girl in his arms.

"My father is heartless, but he will not kill a child. Many a maid has become pregnant by him. They get released and threatened," he said softly. At least he hoped his father wouldn't hurt the baby. He didn't see why he would. The king is a selfish man, but even he would kill his son's child.. would he? Aubron had to start thinking of a plan. If the king's character changed then something had to be done. Maybe they would run, leave this castle forever, but he hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Gwendolyn held Aubron close, still anxious about the baby's well being. She only wished she could take comfort in his words. But somehow, they made her worry even more. She didn't want to be let go. Not without Aubron by her side. Her baby had to have a father.

"Aubron, we have to tell him. It's going to be blatantly obvious if my stomach starts poking out for no reason. If he can't be reasoned with and wants me to leave, I will leave for the sake of our child. But if he agrees to have the child stay, then we must be looking out for our child at all times. Especially if it is a baby girl...Aubron, I want to believe your father would never hurt our child, but until I see, with my own eyes, that children are safe around him, then I will want your father to stay away from our child completely....That or I will have to leave..."

"Well, let's wait and see if it works." He nodded. Aubron knew that sometimes pregnancies don't hold, and he didn't want something big to happen if their child wasn't even going to make it into the world alive. "But do not worry, love," Aubron whispered and kissed her cheek. He held her closer and rested her chin on the top of her head. Everything was going to work out, everything had to work out. "We will cross every bridge when we get to them."

((sorry for it being so short >.< ))

(Tis Okie!)

Gwendolyn shivered as Aubron's breath hit her ear. She knew he was right, but she couldn't help but shed tears. The only happiness in life she had ever felt was when she was with Aubron. She would pray everyday that her pregnancy would be successful. She would also pray for the saftey of her, her dear Aubron and their child. She clung to Aubron, not wanting to let him go, but she knew if she didn't start her duties soon, the king would have an excuse to "punish" her. She let go of Aubron, looking up at him and smiling softly.

"It's true...what you say...We will cross the bridges with ease...We can only hope, correct? Well, Aubron, I must be getting back to my duties. If your father catches me not working, I don't want to imagine what he would do to me..."

She tried to get rid of what had happened with her and the king. She never wanted to remember that...Ever...All she wanted in her mind was Aubron and, if fate would permit, their child.

He wasn't going to let Gwendolyn from his sight which meant he was going to follow her around. She had to clean her designated areas in the castle or else she would be punishment, and he couldn't let her be punished. She had already been through so much and on top of it all she is now pregnant.

"Well, I will stay by your side as you work. I will follow your every step to make sure you are safe."

Aubron had something precious in front of him. His life no had meaning. No longer did he just live day to day looking for instant gratification. Now, he had Gwendolyn, he had a baby. Aubron was going to make this girl his. He was going to call upon the jeweler and find Gwendolyn the finest ring. Maybe they shall even be married. In a quick motion, he pulled her small body into his.

"How would you feel about being my wife?" He said softly.

Gwendolyn smiled when he said that he would follow her around to make sure she was safe. Gwendolyn knew that she needed to hold onto this man. He was sweet and he cared about her fully. She blushed though as he pulled her into his safe arms once again. Then he asked something Gwendolyn wasn't expecting at all.

"How would you feel about being my wife?"

Gwendolyn looked up at Aubron, suprise on her face. Her whole body filled with pure happiness. He probably didn't know how happy that made her. She buried her face into his chest, tears starting to fall.

"Aubron, I'd love to be your wife..." Her dream was going to finally become reality. She hoped, though, that this reality would last. It almost felt like a dream to the girl. She was going to have a baby and she was going to become Aubron's. Nothing made the girl happier than to know he cared that much about her. She almost wanted to shove it back in her father's face and tell him, "I told you so".

He kissed the top of her head and held her close.

"Once we are married you will not have to clean. You will no long be a maid. Though I wish that meant you would no longer have to put up with my father."

Aubron gently took her hand in his. He couldn't wait for the ceremony. One thing he couldn't decide was whether or not to have a big ceremony or just get the priest to marry them without a big ta-do. In his mind, she needed to have a big ceremony; that's what she deserved, but it would be easier for them to just 'elope' in a way. She didn't really have any friends for a big ceremony, and his father would most likely try to ruin it.

"i am sorry, but we might need to do just a private wedding," he said softly.

He ran his hand down her body then softly placed it on her tummy. Excitement bubbled inside him. He was having a family. A wife! It all happened to fast, but he doesn't regret it.

Gwendolyn felt so safe in Aubron's arms that she never wanted to leave. She didn't mind, till now, that his father did whatever he wanted to with her. But she was only tolerating it for the kingdom. But if she really was pregnant, she would have to be careful as to not harm the child in any way. So his father would have to keep away from her for at least 9 months. She wouldn't really mind that, but would he stay away? Gwendolyn had her doubts....

"I don't mind cleaning, I really don't. I just fear for the safety of our child..."

Her hands were taken into his strong ones. She smiled up at Aubron.

"I don't mind if it is private. I really don't...I never really pictured myself getting married anyway thanks to my father...Keeping me away from men was the one thing he knew how to do well...." She felt Aubron's hand go down to her stomach. She placed her hand over his, smiling and closing her eyes. Aubron would make a good father. At least, right now, he was showing signs that he would be. But Gwendolyn wasn't sure how long he would stay or how short of a time it would take for him to take off and leave the responsibility of a child behind. She hoped to high heaven in never came to that. Losing Aubron would only cause her more heart ache than what she already had.

"Do not fear for its safety," he murmured.

Aubron then led her from the room. She needed to start cleaning her designated areas or else his father would be after her again, and there was more to lose now. As he watched her clean, his mind began to wander. At first fright and worry took over as he began to realize everything that just happened. This was no longer just Aubron having fun; this was Aubron falling head over heels in love for this girl, and she now carried his child. From there he began to doubt his skill at being a father. It is pretty obvious that he didn't have the most fatherly figure growing up; he just prayed that a little girl was growing in his princesses womb. It was now time for him to grow up, and he was willing to take on that challenge.

From the fear came excitement. His mind whirled with thoughts of their wedding. The jeweler still had to be called upon, and the dress maker. Aubron look back at Gwendolyn; she was going to look extravagant in her gown, but he was saddened by the fact that her family could not be present.

"The wedding has to be soon," he mumbled to himself. "She may not want to be showing her pregnancy during our ceremony."

Gwendolyn was lead out to the designated areas she was supposed to clean. She was being watched by her Aubron. She didn't mind though. As long as she was working, the king had no excuse to drag her away for dirty things...besides, she couldn't afford to have that done to her now...If he did, he might hurt the baby and she didn't want the baby hurt in anyway. As she wiped and scrubbed the floors, she could think of nothing more than her marriage to the son of the king himself. He was strong, kind, gentle...everything she had wanted in a man. And now she was going to have his child. It made her giddy to think of how great of a small family it would be, hopefully....If the king didn't get his hands on the child...

She didn't mind that her family couldn't attend the wedding...She really didn't think they would care much anyway...well, her brother would, but he was away and a big crowd gathering for their wedding would be too much for the young maid to handle. A small one would be perfect, and soon too. It needed to happen soon, that way, her belly wouldn't get in the way of her wearing the most beautiful dress possible. She daydreamed of the child, what gender it would be, and what her wedding gown would look like. But most of all, she couldn't stop thinking about how she would be bound to the man she had fallen for at the start of this whole dramatic experience...Aubron.

As she cleaned, she would look over from time to time, smiling at her prince. He truly was her knight in shining armor.

"I have something to do. I will be in our room. If anything happen then you come straight to me."

He walked over to her and kissed her before heading down the hall. A couple letters needed to be written to the jeweler and the dressmaker. Aubron opened up his desk and took out some parchment and a quill before he began to write the request for them to come to the castle. After they were written he gave it to the courier and sent him on his way immediately.

Aubron hoped that both the men he needed would be there that night so they could fit her and so she could have her ring. Things needed to be done fast or else his father might try to have a say in it and neither Aubron or Gwendolyn needed that to happen. His father may try to control the outcome of their wedding and the life of their child. Aubron groaned at the thought.... he hated his father.

Gwendolyn was able to finish up the chores she was assigned to do without any interruption from the king. Thank heaven to that. But as soon as she was heading back, a man stepped through the doors. Who was this man? He held a parchment in one hand and he looked serious. He walked up to Gwendolyn, placing a kiss on her hand before speaking.

"I am the village jeweler. Young Master Aubron sent me, might you know where he would be young miss?" Gwendolyn blushed, nodding and leading the strange, yet kind man to Aubron's room. She opened the door.

"Master Aubron, forgive me for the rude intrusion, but someone is here to see you...."

The man bowed before Master Aubron.

"Master, forgive me for coming at this late hour, but i simply couldn't ignore this letter. You see, the courier was on his way to deliver it to me and I was near the castle anyway because of my returning from a recent job in the neighboring town...He recognized me, who the letter was addressed to and just gave it to me on the spot. I read and came right away...You say you've met the woman you will marry? Might I be so bold as to ask who it is master aubron?"

"you may be that bold," Aubron said confidently. Reaching a hand out, he motioned towards Gwendolyn. "This is my gorgeous bride." A kiss was placed softly on the top of her head. He knew how this may look to the jeweler; a prince marrying a common maid. Aubron knew rumors were about to spread through the town, but he didn't car. This woman beside him held his child and his heart. In his mind, Gwendolyn deserved the best ring possible.

"Sir, if you would size her finger and craft a ringer." Aubron then turned to face his bride. "The price is not a factor. Choose whichever you want."

(( Sorry about it being so short >.< I really need to learn how to fluff my replies.. I think ))

Gwendolyn blushed as Aubron basically showed her off to the ring maker. She was flattered. She shyed away at the thought of having the ring be too expensive. She just wanted a ring that would remind her of Aubron, always. No matter where she was or what she was doing. The ring maker bowed before her and she held out her hand, him kissing it.

"Of course not Master Aubron. You marry whomever you fancy! She is a beauty, this girl. I shall craft the best ring possible for her!" He looked from Aubron to her, "If you would follow me, my lady..."

She blushed at him calling her My Lady. She wasn't used to this kind of praise. She followed him to his workshop where he picked out all his finest metals.

"These are the finest materials in the kingdom, my lady. Please choose anyone you like...." Looking down the row, she saw a metal that always caught her eye, but the reason why it caught her eye this time was because of the way it reminded her of Aubron. Gold. It was always such a fine metal, but its brilliant sparkle and the royal looking color reminded her of Aubron's golden heart. She smiled as her fingers ran down the cold edges of the fine metal. She picked it up and handed it to the ring maker.

"This will do nicely..." He bowed slightly and turned to designs drawn on parchment. "Would you like any designs carved on the pair?"

There were designs ranging from just borders to intricut designs of swans and so forth. She turned to the man.

"Just a border along the edges of the ring is fine...Nothing too complicated..." He bowed slightly yet again and set the metal down, calling for his apprentice. It was a teenage boy, nicely built for his age, but still not having the muscle he had.

"Miss Gwendolyn, look for these rings on the morning of the day after this one. Jonathan, please take Miss Gwendolyn back to the castle and make sure she gets there unharmed, would you please?"

Jonathan nodded. He offered his hand and she took it. He lead the way back to the castle, never once speaking a word to her, focused on doing his job. Once she returned, he bowed slightly and headed back to the blacksmith. She walked back inside the castle quickly rushing to find Aubron and see what her next chore was before the king found her again.

Aubron waited for her to come back. The castle felt so empty when she wasn't there... well.. this was the first time she hadn't really been there, but it felt as if it was forever. He paced the floor slightly. For a moment he contemplated going to his room and laying down, but he knew he would end up falling asleep if he dad that, and he wanted to be in the room when she came back. He doesn't know why this girl has the effect she does on him.. no other girl has had that, but he was glad that he found someone worth his while.

Finally, she was back. Aubron welcomed her into his arms, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. He didn't really want her to go back to doing chores... so she wasn't going to. Instead of ordering her to do something he took her hand and walked her towards the garden. He didn't care what time of day it was... he just wanted some alone time with her and the garden would be a perfect spot.

"You are happy here? Yes?" He looked at her almost worried.

Gwendolyn was welcomed into Aubron's arms again. Finally, she felt safe again. She stayed there for a few moments, expecting him to push her away softly and lead her to another place where chores needed to be done. But it didn't look like he was doing that at all. Instead, he started to lead her somewhere else. He then looked at her, asking her a question. Thinking about that question a bit, she couldn't think of a better place to be than here. She was happier here than she ever was at home. She hugged Aubron's arm.

"Of course I am. Now that I have you, I'm the happiest I've ever been...." She looked up at Aubron. "I love you so much..."

Once they arrived at the spot he was leading her to, her eyes widened. This must have been the garden. It was so beautiful. She rushed over to the railing, leaning over and looking out over the garden. Trees were everywhere...almost like a mini forest. Flowers bloomed at the bases of the trees and a fountain sat in the middle of it all. Amongst the trees, she could see butterflies fluttering near. This place was magical. She looked to Aubron as if asking, "May I explore?".

He chuckled at her reaction to the garden then simply nodded. Aubron had never really pictured the gardens as something to be too excited over. Sure, it was a really pretty place, but he never really visits them that often. Normally he stays around in his room or takes a ride in one of the carriages. The gardens were built for his mother; she can be found walking them a lot. When he was a boy he played around in it more often.. now he just sort of brushes the thoughts away.. maybe Gwendolyn would change that.

Aubron simply followed her down into the gardens, hand clasped behind his back as he himself began to enjoy his surroundings. The air was nice... not too hot not too cool. The smell of nature seemed to soak into his soul... why had he stopped coming out here? He had forgotten how peaceful it was. He bent over a plucked a flower. With a soft smirk on his face he bowed slightly an offered the flower to his bride. "For you m'lady."

Gwendolyn ran out into the garden as soon as Aubron gave the nod. The trees, the flowers, the butterflies...it was all so refreshing. She didn't have a place like this at home. If she did, she surely would have been a happier child. She ran her fingers down the bark of the nearest tree. It was suprisingly smooth. She closed her eyes and breathed in and out a couple times. The air out here was fresh and felt nice on her heat stricken skin. She bent down gracefully, touching the smooth petals of the nearest flower. It looked so beautiful.

Hearing footsteps from behind, she turned around to see Aubron. He had a flower in his hand and was bowing slightly, saying the flower was for her. She giggled a little, taking it and doing a slight curtsy.

"Why thank you, my good sir! Your so sweet!" she giggled a bit more and stroked the flower's soft petals. She also gently put her nose to the flower, seeing if it had any reedeming fragrace. In fact, it smelled wonderful. It's fragrance was divine and it's petals as beautiful as a drop of red wine. She knew, this would be her favorite spot and this is where she would take her and Aubron's child everyday. That way, their child could have this beautiful garden to look at every day. At least, she hoped it would be that way. She grabbed Aubron's arm.

"So, where to next my good sir? Shall we stay here a bit longer or would you like to show me another amazing place?"