Boulevard of Broken Shadows (1920s Supernatural Noir)

Diana would you be so kind to send me PM with the link when this starts?

Pffff, I am too lazy to send PMs... I'll poke your visitor messages though. >:D

By the way all vampires here should talk so we can find some common rules.
Like what are our strenghts powers and weaknesses.

RULE NUMBER 1 - NO SPARKLING VAMPIRES!!!

Aww...I just finished the first coat of glitter.

I figured basic vamp rules. Sunlight decimates, Fire burns like hell, most other common weaponry are ineffective. The older you are, the more powerful you are.

Blood is, of course, necessary.

Feeding from another vampire can make you more powerful, but it's a high crime against the vamp kind *Borrows from WoD* Ability to hypnotize with eyes, limited memory removal (Sort of maintenance after a bite), and all other undead qualities?

Any other powers we want to throw in or phase out?

What about vulnerabilities to magic energies and stuff like dismemberment?

Well, no one seems to be down with the rules I suggest modeled after Dracula(the novel), but I'd like to make a request that vampire characters have fast healing, but are still incapacitated by wounds? A bullet in the body doesn't do anybody good no matter who they are. Dracula himself had to step fast to avoid getting hisself cut. Didn't help in the end but he clearly didn't want it.

LAST CALL FOR CHARACTERS!

If you want to post a bio or reserve a spot DO IT NOW! Once we start the IC thread we're closing character apps until the rp gets on it's way.

We should be starting sometime over the weekend. :D

And I have a family reunion to attend/crash/save. Why do people always do stuff on Labor Day Weekend? Everyone else is usually doing something family related... It's always confounded me.

I seriously doubt there is going to be so many RP posts over the course of 1 day that you guys are gonna get left behind... XD

Besides, it's super lame when everyone all enters the scenes at the same time. D: Way better character interaction and plot development when everyone isn't doing the 'getting to know yous' all at once....

so it WORKS!

I to can't post on weekends, but I'll catch up on monday no big deal, just don't get yourself killed when your great great grampa ain't there to look out for you XD

About the vampires:

I thought that there could be a basic set of strenghts and weaknesses, but there were something like blood rituals, that involve performing a ritual where you drink a large amount of blood that totally overfeds you, that would give you dark gifts those would be more powers and overcome some weaknesses, so the older you are the more rituals you most likely performed so more power to you, also strenght, speed, etc grows with age and about how well feed you are.

Powers:
Super strenght
Super speed
Super agility
Persuation
Induce short time memory loss
Float

Weaknesses (in order they get overcome):
Water
Holy water
Dismember (drink blood to respawn it)
Silver wounds burn and heal slower
Get impaled throught the heart
Get impaled throught the heart by wood
Get impaled throught the heart by silver
Sun light (even if it doesn't ashe you you get as weak as a human when exposed to it)
Fire (it ashes you, if you overcome it, then it will just burn you and you can heal later)

Higher Powers:
Fly
ShapeShift
Transform into bat
Transform into bat swarm
Transform into big bat demon form

and now each one of us creatures of the night posts their particular vampire sheet based on this.

What you guys think?

Am I suddenly the only one worrying that this vampire power thing is going to get really out of hand? Its not that I don't trust people to do shit in moderation, but its like "Why do I even want to bother with the vampires? They'll just all "Blah blah speed, blah blah heal, blah blah vampires lol".

Fuck, compared to them we all might as well be human.

I dun care about powers or what kind of vampires you guys play. XD So long as it dun get in the way of good story telling...

I think you're all worrying too much about it.

If a vampire is being played too powerfully for its age, experience, etc...Diana can step in.

My one qualm with being shot and disabled is that technically...as undead, most places that would stop a human does little more than tickle a vamp....all those organs aren't doing shit.

I say, play your character with a limited base of powers and keep in mind that being super awesome amazing isn't all that fun...just makes the story boring.

I say go with what Diana says.

I wasn't really planing being an allmighty vampire, just a day walker, thought I should have some fundment behind that so I made that list, I sometimes get way to thrilled with a good background, lol

A day walker?

Isn't that like...shrugging off one of the big three weaknesses?

Sunlight/fire
Blood thirst
Stake in the heart

Are you playing it completely human in daylight or sunlight just doesn't bother you?

When I am exposed to the sun I can't use any vampire powers, I get thirsty quicker, it hurts my eyes and even the lowest sun light feels like a major sun bun.
But it's not any near lethal to my char. Unless he's very dry, then his skin starts burning off and after it's gone the muscles and so on, but before I ashe for good I can last a couple of hours.