Born to Kill

[size=-2]

Marius felt himself quickly reverted to his weapon form and part of him breathed a sigh of relief while another part grew more bitter. Almost instantly, however, another hand gripped and it felt like a grasp on his lungs.

A moment later, he stood before the new girl, his look grimly curious. With a short, still nod to her, he again ran his hands through his hair.

"So you're my new master?"

Marius arched his eyebrow, then shook his head.
[/size]

Nadia

New master? They had slaves in the United States? Nadia blinked up at him. Maybe he was new to the country, too, and did not know English very well or, more likely, she had misunderstood him. He looked so sad, so tired ...

Nadia smiled warmly instead and reached out to hug his arm. "New master or new friend? I am Nadia." This new friend of hers was very handsome! Maybe he was shy, too! And he probably needed a new friend just as much as she did! "What is your name?"

[size=-2]
"Your new... friend?" Marius looked puzzled, his scowl becoming apparent. He inclined his head to her, though his eyes never left her. "Whatever it is the lady wishes."

Standing straight up, Marius scanned her, trying to gauge how good a master she would be. A bit too... cheery to be an assassin, he frowned. "My name is Marius, and I am your sword to command now." Should he try to explain more, with that puzzled look on her face? He glanced around desperately for his siblings, trying to appear calm. How had they explained it?

"We need... to go find... my brothers and sisters."
[/size]​

Nadia

Nadia was holding onto his arm tightly and she looked off to the side. "I know you are a pair of knives." Now she looked up at him and met his eyes, a blush darkening her cheeks. "Very ... beautiful knives. I know that is not normal. I hope you do not ... you are not offended by me. When I saw you lying on the ground, I had to pick you up. I just wanted ... I wanted to make sure the knives--that you--were well. You are ... well, yes?"

[size=-2]
Marius looked taken aback, pulling his arm away in surprise. "You... don't seem to realize.. that... you shouldn't know that. I don't even know why you were chosen to be my master. A thin, frail, unsubtle, cheerful girl."

Suddenly it occured to him that he sounded harsh. "I'm.... sorry. I do not like being bound in service to anyone by force. Thank you for the compliments. We should find them, though, I sense something, some kind of danger."

[/size]

Nadia

Nadia looked uncertain again. She looked around. But there was no one but the two of them for as far as she could see. "I ... have only seen you and ... and the girl I passed. Your brothers and sisters."

She wondered what it would be like to have those. To not have to be alone. To always have people there. She had often heard stories of siblings, of tight-knit families. It made her miss her father, thinking about them.

"What do they ... what do they look like?" Having descriptions to go on should make them easier to find but the mention of danger made her hesitate. What type of danger and how could they avoid it?

"In the what? You don't have to be any good, you just have to be able to avoid stabbing yourself with your own sword. And yes, my name means 'Warped.' Or, technically, 'to warp.'"

Detorqueo plunked himself down onto Fei's couch and took a pull on her liquor. "Why in the name of Hades' Dark Domain would I wake you up at the asscrack of dawn to go run? I hate mornings. Although some sword practice wouldn't go amiss."

Fei

Fei studied him. She was quite certain things could be going a lot worst between them. After all, they weren't trying to kill each other yet! She briefly wondered if his "siblings" were having as much luck with their new ... masters.

"Since we have that ... out of the way, I guess we should discuss some other things. I basically have school and work to go to. If it's not one thing I'm going to, it's another. And right now I can't even remember if I'm on hiatus for school or not ... I live by myself. Or did, before you came along. So the worst I'll have to worry about is complaints from gossiping neighbors."

"Since you're a weapon and all, do you need to drink and eat to survive? Or do you just like drinking my stuff to irk the hell out of me?"

"Annoying you is just a side benefit, I assure you. Assuming I'm not reverting to my sharp, pointy self every hour or so, then yes. I have to eat and drink, same as you. And I'm drinking your liquor because I like liquor. Buzz isn't bad either."

Sprawling a bit to get more comfortable, he continued. "Far as neighbors, eh, let 'em talk. Although you're going to have to find a way to get me into your classes and job, since wearing weapons doesn't seem particularly common anymore."

Fei

Get into her classes and her job. She could see it now. "Mom, Dad. I recently came into possession of a living sword that can turn human at will and need extra money so I can take him to school with me." Or, "Hey, Bob. Do we have a job opening for a living sword that can turn human at will? I need to bring him to work with me."

... Yeah, that was going to go over well. But on the other hand, he was right. She couldn't carry a sword around with her everywhere and with the books she had to carry in her backpack, it would barely fit. And he didn't look like he was going to be very pleased with the idea of sitting in a locker all day.

"So, besides killing ... whatever you and your family were made to kill ... and drinking alcohol, what else do you like to do?" Maybe if she knew his likes, dislikes, and all that stuff, she could figure out how to keep him occupied and how to keep him close by.

Detorqueo shrugged "Eh, I've picked up a bit of this and that. I enjoy Bridge and Canasta," he added sarcastically "Caesar's balls, woman, I'm a sword! What do you THINK I do? When I bothered to reveal myself to my Wielders, I usually got stuck doing manual labor." He took another swig of alcohol, then lay back on the couch, sighing contentedly. "This is a damn sight more comfortable than a weapon rack, let me tell you."

"I'm so lucky you have a sense of humor," Fei muttered. She rubbed her temples. "Well, you enjoy your spot on the couch. I think I'm going to just hit the sack and pretend this was all a bad dream." She started for her room but then stopped by the couch to grab her bottle of and take another swig of it. She'd worry about saliva and all that when she actually gave a damn.

Fei wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and almost made it to her room. But a few steps away from the couch and her legs suddenly gave way. It was a miracle the bottle didn't fall out of her hand but she made a soft "thud!" as her ass landed on the carpet. "So much for that idea ..." she muttered under her breath.

Patrick first struggled as she tried to take off his shirt, but then was reminded of the wound in his side by the sharp pain that flared up when he moved. Letting her do as she pleased until she was done he instead opted to listen to what she was saying, and observe this new phenomenon in his life.

"Well, Your ability probably just saved my life, so there's no need to apologize for that. You could have told me earlier that you were being hunted though." The young adult frowned and thought things over for a second. "Why do they hunt you anyway?" He asked, as he got up and pulled his shirt over his head.

"It's not like I've noticed much of these strange things before I met you." He dusted his pants off and looked down on the corpse next to his feet. He felt strangely calm after having just killed a man. He figured it must have been the shock or the suddenness of it all. Careful to not leave any marks of his presence on it, Patrick kicked the corpse against the wall and toppled some bags of trash over it, making the dead bum nearly invisible to someone casually walking by.

It would not do to get arrested for murder, especially if he was called upon to protect someone. Part of him still didn't fully believe or comprehend the whole situation, but another part of him was growing and getting confident in the knowledge that he'd finally found a goal in life.

A new strength shone in his eyes after he placed the final bag and turned around to face Kari. "Alright, let's go to the shop to get groceries, and when we get back, you're going to tell me everything I need to know. If I'm going to be saving you and your sister, I need to be informed. Understood?"

With those words he left the alley and turned right, through the doors of the grocery store. He had just killed a man, but it looked like everything was still normal, for now...

"I'm sorry master...I don't know why that monster attacked us. It doesn't seem like any of the ones I've had to face before, but it has been a while..."

She stood up after Patrick, and followed just behind him to the store.
Kari kept quiet during the store trip, instead taking in the sights and sounds. If what her new master had said earlier was right, then it wouldn't do to attract attention.

She carried the bags for him, despite his objections. When Kari got to his house, though...

...well, it wasn't actually a house. It was an apartment. He was poor, too...this master was not looking so hot.
"..Ah, master? Where should I put the food?"

[size=-2]
Marius raised his eyebrow. This girl, she seemed softer than the last and the last had run away.

"I'm not sure you're even capable to be my master, but we need to find the others. There's my sister, flamboyant, she's a fist weapon..." he had begun to list his various siblings, though somehow omitting actual physical detail, when he felt a flare of pain from his brother.

"This way," Marius said, eyes narrowed, as he darted towards the general feeling, but it faded too quickly and he looked around, bewildered. "My brother... he's hurt, or something..."
[/size]

...aaaand Fei fell flat on her ass. Detorqueo snorted and swung himself up and off of the couch. "Lightweight," he scoffed as he pulled the student to her feet and half-carried her to her bed, whereupon he dropped her unceremoniously.

"Seriously, woman, you need to learn to hold your liquor. That was a rather pathetic showing."

Nadia

Nadia was nodding along as Marius described his siblings. She noticed he didn't describe how they looked but she didn't mind. Perhaps he was shy and protective of them. They had only known each other for a few minutes after all.

Then Marius suddenly dashed away and stopped. She ran and caught up with him. But before she could ask what was wrong, he told her. "Perhaps ... perhaps we should keep looking this way?" she asked, gesturing in the direction he had been heading.

Fei

Fei bounced once, twice, cursed the springy mattress and looked up at him. "Well when I care about your opinion, I'll be sure to let you know." She turned over and closed her eyes. She was ready to go to sleep, get rid of this headache, pretend like this was a bad dream ...

A song started to play. Symphony. Mozart or Bach or something. Dad's favorite tune which was why she'd chosen it to be her ringtone for when he called.

Fei growled and pulled her pillow over her head. "Damnit, Dad! Not now!" she groaned, her voice muffled. Of all the rotten, impeccable, most inconvenient times to call--!

Patrick let himself fall on the bed, covering his eyes with the inside if his elbow trying to suppress the migraine that had returned in full force. He had no idea why fate had chosen HIM to be in this overcomplicated and near unbelievable mess. He had seen the disapproving looks on Kari's face, even if she did not speak to him directly about it.

He knew she did not like him, he was a good judge of character in that regard. Yet she chose to stick around. Perhaps out of necessity, or perhaps out of fear of turning into a sword for the next two-thousand years. Patrick did not know, he did not care much either. Patrick just wanted to get out of this nightmarish situation and return to his boring college life.

"Just put the food in the fridge. It's the white sort of cupboard, if you open it you'll notice the inside are cold. There should be plenty of room. If you want to catch up on the time you've been gone, my history books are on the shelf over there." Patrick pointed with his other hand, eyes still pressed against his arm. "But first, tell me where you come from, why you were forged if that's even an applicable term, and why you are here now."

He removed his arm and looked at her, his eyes involuntarily darting over her body before he focused on her face. "I want to be prepared next time I'm attacked for your sake."

Kari set to work putting away the groceries. She would have to ask her master about them later.
"I was created by the gods in order to dutifully serve whomever may be my master until the end of their life. I am to slay their enemies, to protect their friends, and to serve their desires." Satisfied at all the groceries being put away in the coldest part of the white cupboard, she came out from the kitchen into the main area.
"After a time...we were lost, I guess. People forgot about me, and I stayed masterless until now..I don't know why I'm here now, master."
Kari took off her shirt and hung it over a chair back, revealing her bare chest.
"I expect you'll be wanting to fully utilize me, master. Is that correct?"

[size=-2]
Marius hurtled down alleys, but the twinge that he felt next from his brother was weak, lesser pain. Damn, they left me while I was fixed as blades? Should I even be looking for them? Shows how much concern they had for me that they left me there....

Marius scowled deeply, the premature lines on his face aging him slightly. "I ... I can't find them," he finally admitted, placing both hands over his face. He was worried and it was their damned fault and he would make them pay for him having to face up with his human side, he would...
[/size]