Born of Aether (Pokemon Gijinka RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archaeo watched as she fidgeted in place, showing no signs of her intentions. Upon finally hearing her question, he nodded his answer. The girl began to look around, apologizing for staring, and he flicked his gaze back to the fallen exeggutor. He had no clue how long it would be out for, but he didn't want to stick around for when it got up.

"We're going to be in a bit of trouble if we don't get out of here soon. That thing is going to wake up angry." He explained simply enough. He silently hoped that she understood the urgency in this situation and helped him out. A save for a save, or something of that nature. "Unless you want to handle it by yourself, I'd suggest helping me out of these webs."

| Al "Gen" Sylvester |​
Al studied the kid for a second, momentarily taken aback by her optimism. One could say he wasn't quite used it considering his background. His eyes moved away from her scar as she covered it up and he cocked his head slightly in thought. His smirk dropped a bit, looking like he was in deep thought rather than sneering at the world.

Then he chuckled, smirk returning to its former glory. "Optimistic little squirt aren't cha?" Al mused, shrugging. "No worries kid, I ain't gonna judge." He hummed, finding it hilarious that she could get even pinker then she already was. Cute.

He yawned, scratching his jaw absently. "I could probably take a few cues from you." He grinned, winking.

| Remmington Rose |​
Rem smiled in pleasant amusement at Nagisa's lighter mood, content to follow her newly found friend. The forest was certainly less lonely with a companion. Rem hadn't even realized the growing ache for company until now as she listened to Nagisa. Sure, she wasn't much of a socializer but then she has always had Haxorus with her. Now that he was gone, or fused with her, she lacked his constant companion.

"I'm sure we will. Perhaps we'll even find more like use and expand our eyes and ears." Rem agreed, smiling genuinely.

Nagisa definitely surprised her. Having already established a home and food supply. Rem had taken to constant movement throughout the island, eating what she could find, sometimes going without.

She admired Nagisa abode, not at all deterred by the humble soft bedding she had managed to gather. It was better then the hard ground or a tree any day!

"It's amazing! Truly! I'm impressed!" Rem hummed, running her hand along the wood of the tree.

- Nagisa Ibuki -​
Nagisa smiled at the compliment of her little hideaway. "most of the work was done by Pokemon in the forest, they're all pretty nice if you get to know them" she laughed nervously "they're not much for conversation though". She placed the basket in a small cut out in the wall. "Its not the best but it's better than sleeping in the open" she admitted pulling out a Sitrus berry and tossing it to Rem "rest up and get your strength and then we'll explore some more, I have to admit having someone watch my back is a bit relaxing, especially since the area we're heading for is filled with Ariados..".

She pulled out a Pinap berry for herself and took a seat beside Rem now eating quietly to herself.

Rini
Rini was nonplussed. An admin of the Aether Foundation had saved her? It didn't make sense, weren't they supposed to be the bad guys? After all, they were the ones that turned her into what she is now. So why did he save her? She tried to think of a reason that he would do that, but found none.

Then she realized that he said to help him out and be freed from the webbing he was trapped in. She gulped. Honestly, she didn't want to help the admin, despite having saved her. After all, what better way to get rid of an admin than to let the Exeggutor wake up and stomp on him. But still, wouldn't that be cruel?

"...O...Okay..." she said uncertainly as she made her way over to the trapped Arceus gijinka. She yanked and tugged at the webbing, trying to free him. It was hard work, to say the least, since it was so sticky. But by pulling and using her mask as a cutting tool, she was able to help him be free. "I...Can you move now?" she asked.​
~*~
Eve
Eve let out a soft smile as she went over to the Chandelure gijinka and sat down right beside her. It piqued her curiosity that her fellow ghost type said she hadn't talked to anyone in years. How long had she been trapped on this island? The poor girl surely missed her family, right? But at least she was experienced in navigating the island if she lived here for years. That would surely help in making an escape plan.
She began to sign, using her hands to talk. She stopped in mid signing when she realized that the other wouldn't understand her gestures. Clearing her throat, she pointed to it and made her arms into an x shape, indicating that she was mute. She waited for the girl to respond to see what she would say.

~Sara "Stitches" Laurence~
Sara nodded to Gen before twitching her antennae "I try to stay that way. Negativity isnt going to change the past so why bother being bitter?" She nealt down and placed one of the extra berries on the ground and held the other out over her head. The berry on the ground was scooped up by a Zigzagoon with a quick zig-zag and the other was taken by a Pikipek who tweeted with joy. Sara smiled at the exited pokemon "although that is much easier said than done in some instances, like this situation we are in with Aether." She smiled and flushed a tad back at his comment. She wasnt used to positive feed back from her positivity in the current situation. Most just shrugged it off or snapped at her, this was a nicer exchange. Sara finished off her berry and looked back to Gen "So what plans did you have for after this encounter?"

~Mimi ???~
Mimi put her hands on the side of her face with a gasp "Such a pretty name! Alright Birthday girl Aria, I'll go make sure things are ok with the big boss man then we will get this party rolling!" It took all of Mimi's strength to hold back a cackle in when Aria called her a 'nice person'. Hook set, now for phase 2 of the plan "Lala, you are free to stay and keep Aria company or you can go gather a team and start decorating the cafeteria. Leave the invitations and cake to me!" Mimi wiggled with excitement mainly because this was running so smoothly but also because she hadnt been to a party since that day with her mother and father at the hospital. With a quick shudder and twitch, Mimi pulled her stick out to hold it "I'll be back to pick you up before the party, Aria!" With that she slipped out of the chamber and turned to the other employee "Inform Dehlg that I will be returning to him with a request after I have made my rounds." Her cheery and playful voice had turned smooth and serious before snapping back to cheery playful to continue her song as she continued her Lab rounds to try and recruit more gijinka.

- Illya Merrimallow -​

At first confused, Illya eventually caught on "I'm sorry i don't know sign language, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends" she had a warm smiled on her face but then she remembered "Oh wait, I know it's not the most efficient way to go about it but I know each letter in sign language..".

She stared straight at the Dusknoir gijinka in front of her and smiled as she signed letter for letter 'My name is Illya' when she was done she smiled widely and giggled "Alright now its your turn".

- Aria Einsburg -​

Aria stood by Lala as Mimi went off "I hope I'm not being a bother to you two.." She tried to look as dignified as possible when she spoke "is it truly okay for you to let me out like this?"

She stared at Lala hoping everything was okay with what they were planning, these two who could very well be her first two friends. She didn't want to cause any problems for them.

- Dhelg Von Gilgamesh -​
As he approached the Lab an employee ran up to Dhelg saluted as he spoke "Sir, Admin Mimi would like to talk to you about an urgent assignment asap". Hearing this Dhelg just scratched his head feeling more annoyed than anything "Mimi needing to talk about something urgent.." he chuckled to himself "Thought I'd never live to see the day, she might just be ready to do it".

'If Mimi is ready to take out Illya then who am i to say no' he thought to himself before laughing maniacally "Very well tell Mimi her urgent assignment is passed and she can begin at any time! "

The employee just saluted and shouted "Sir, yes sir!" before beginning the long trek back to find Mimi.

Archaeo watched her carefully as she approached. Seeing her apprehension before she began to help him really spoke volumes about how he was viewed by the experiments. And he was the mellowest of all the Aether admins. Or at least the most sane out of them all.

Eventually he was freed of those pesky webs, and at her question he gave another one of his soft nods. "Thank you." His tone was gentle as he slowly got to his feet. He tried to look as docile as possible in order to keep the girl relatively calm. He wasn't looking for trouble and certainly didn't want to harm any of the experiments. "You ought to get going. I'm not sure how long the exeggutor will stay down." He spoke simply enough, picking the remnants of the webbing off of his jacket.

His sharp red gaze flicked over to the exeggutor, which was still down, to the tropical bushes that the dewpider that attacked him had ran off to. It felt like he was still being watched from that direction, and wouldn't put it past the small pokemon to keep an eye on him after their impromptu encounter. He walked over and knelt down about three feet away from them. "I know you're in there little guy. I'm not going to hurt you, you just surprised me before." An incredibly rare smile appeared on his face as he tried to coax out his little attacker.

| Al "Gen" Sylvester |​
Al scoffed a bit, snatching up a wepear berry and holding the green, bitter fruit over his smirking mouth. "Aw, but I like being bitter. It tastes pretty good." He chuckled, taking a large bite out of the green berry. He proceeded to chuckle at his joke, swallowing down the rest as he watched Stitches feed some pokemon, licking his wide grin. Ya know, before this, he would have never eaten a berry. But now?

Damn they were good!

"Well sweet cheeks, if staying positive in this dump is gonna let me plant my fist in one of those prissy aether's faces then I'll give it a go." He sneered, though his taunting tone was not directed towards her but rather to any possible cameras watching them. He may be an experiment trapped on an island, but he wasn't about to drop and roll over for them pricks. Heh.

He turned his red eyes back to Stitches, pupils narrowing a fraction of their size. "Oh, not much. I was just on the look out from something interesting. But that's checked off my ta do list." He smirked, eyes half lidded as he took to leaning on the tree again.
| Remmington Rose |​
The Haxorus smiled softly as her eyes roamed the hollowed tree, a kind of distant look in them. Up until now she hadn't really had a thorough encounter with another pokemon. Mostly because she never stopped to relax. She realized now that it might have been in her interest to try and befriend the pokemon of the island, and not just for allies. But for friendship. Her Haxorus had always been stubborn when it came to interactions. Always pushing her towards crowds and attracting attention with his flashy ways.

If he were here right now he would be furious with Rem's lack of socializing.

She smiled at Nagisa. "That's alright. I'm sure I'll get along with them. Its something we have in common." She hummed, catching the berry with a grateful hum. "Thanks." She replied, settling down beside Nagisa to eat her first meal in days.

At the mentions of tomorrows plans Rem grinned, looking up for the challenge. "Sounds like fun." She winked.

Saki stopped laughing and looked at Sam. "Sorry... I didn't mean to offend you. I just thought it would be nice to try lightening the mood a bit. I know this is serious but... Sorry..." She stands up and thinks. "You're the first person I've seen here so I don't know where any others are. But we could always look around." She starts walking, expecting him to walk with her.

@chaosheart13

Sara giggled at the joke Gen made "That was clever. I'll give you that one" Gen seemed like an alright guy for now, she decided to bide her time and continue testing the waters. "If that is how you want to keep positive then that's good. Gives you a form of motivation to keep going" Sara crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at Gen's last note, a smirk stretching over her face "Oh? You found something interesting already? How so?" Sara had an idea of how the conversation was headed, but she decided to let things play out and see what happened.

~Mimi ???~
A choir of muffled screams could be heard as Mimi entered and exited the chambers. "A-Admin M-Mimi, your urgent assignment w-was passed. You are clear to start at any time." Mimi stopped mid stride and spun around "Excelent. This should be easy enough. I'll have yet another to add to the list of recruits in no time..." she let out a cackle that echoed down the halls only to be accompanied by screams of terror. "Alright my loves, I'll be back later to have more fun! Be sure to miss me!" Mimi ordered the employee to issue invitations to select people; Dhelg, Archaeo, Lala, and a few other employees. "This party has to go over well or we will lose another powerful ally to the Islands. And if we lose another one... I'm not going to be happy..." with a giggle and a twirl, Mimi seemed to sink into the shadows before making her way to the cafeteria to start work on the cake.

- Nagisa Ibuki -
Nagisa nodded and smiled "I hardly ever go into the section of the woods filled with Ariados because they tend to be aggressive" her smile revealed how nervous she was as she kept talking "I mean I can use Psychic long enough to get in and out without many problems but if they attack in a group it's a lot harder to get away.."

She went silent for a moment before remembering Rem said she was excited to go. "Maybe I won't be so afraid this time because I won't be alone" she looked up at Rem straight on and gave her a thumbs up "If you get hurt just let me know because I'll heal you up in no time!"

Happy to know that Rem would stay by her side at least for awhile made Nagisa smile even brighter for a moment as a bit of Pinap berry juice drools out of the corner of her mouth.

Eve
Eve began to sign her name, letter by letter. It was a stroke of luck that the girl knew some sign language, the letter's were enough to get her name across. But she didn't know how to get the fact that she was trying to help out to the girl. She stared at the blue sky that hung over head after she finished signing before turning to the Chandelure gijinka.

"Escape," she signed, using each letter since she seemed to know the letters, "Help?" She was looking expectantly at the girl, wondering if she would be of assistance concerning her knowledge of the island. More than anything she wanted to help the people trapped her escape and she would do anything to make that goal a reality, so long as others didn't get hurt. She wondered how Sam was doing this entire time and hoped that he was okay.​
~*~
Lala
"Yes Ad- I mean, Mimi," Lala said as the cage opened and let the Magearna out. She smiled at the girl and took her hands into her own. "Dont't worry! Everything will be fine, you'll see," she chirped, giggling a little, "I bet she's already helping putting up the decorations and everything...Even though she told me to do that. Hehe, whoops."

Her smiled turned into a somewhat ominous grin as she stared at the girl longer. "I know! Let's get to know each other a bit. Like I said before, I'm Lala, and I come from Alola. What about you? Where are you from?" She wanted to buy enough time so that Mimi could gather some employees to host the party. She wondered if she could "play" with Illya for a little bit, but pushed that thought aside when she thought of the Mimikyu gijinka. She probably wouldn't like her idea of playing, so she'll just have to wait for now.​
~*~
Rini
Rini stood at attention before blinking in surprise at the man. He was...thanking her? Well it should be expected since she helped out, but the thought that an admin of Aether would thank her boggled her mind. "N-No trouble at all!" she squeaked, "I, um...Hope you have a nice day!"

She scurried away from the area, but after a couple of yards of running, she glanced back to see what the admin was doing. Kneeling down for some reason, she couldn't tell. To be honest, she didn't really expect the man to be nice, only using the niceness to make her drop her guard and then he'd...well, who knows what he would do to her? I have to leave, she thought to herself as she shook her head and took off into the undergrowth.

@AshenAngel
~*~
Sam
Sam just sighed and crossed his arms. "It's alright, I suppose," he said, "Though I would prefer if you were more serious about the situation. I want to help the other gijinkas on this island escape and go back to their homes, where they truly belong." He couldn't bear to see their pain and sorrow that came with their new existence.

With that in mind, he began to follow the Fennekin girl to wherever they needed to go. "I have a colleague that's helping me out looking for others to form an escape plan. Her name is Eve, she's a very kind woman." He couldn't help but smile a little to himself when he recalled her, "And I'm sure she's on the island somewhere. Find her, and we can figure out a way to find the way out of here."

@Kyy Namosaka

- Illya Merrimallow -​
Illya thought for a second and looked at the ground "I'd love to help you escape.. or everyone for that matter" she paused for a second and looked back up at Eve on the verge of tears "My sister's in there.. or she was.. it's been two years and who knows what's become of her since then.."

She tilted her head down now trying to avoid eye contact. "I saw her before.. before they made us like this.." her voice nearly disappeared behind the tears, but under her shaky breathing "Mimi" was the only word that was clear enough to make out.

- Aria Einsburg -​
She nodded at the idea "I am also from Alola but Ula'ula island, i was born under the house of Einsburg but I wouldn't call it lucky" she started "having the money to get whatever you want doesn't matter if all you want is someone to care for you..".

Sitting like a dignified lady on her "bed" Aria looked up at Lala. "Honestly I'm looking forward to this party" she was both smiling and crying "I don't care how many others show up because as long as you and Mimi are there then all of my friends will be there".

~Mimi ???~
Mimi gathered up ingredients left and right to make the cake "Hmm... I probably should have asked what flavor to make the cake... hope everyone likes vanilla." She grabbed her utensils and began mixing things together as best as she could. The workers stayed out of the way unless instructed to help by Mimi herself. While the cake was baking, Mimi and her small crew decorated the cafeteria as best as they could with the extreamly limmited decorations they could find. Not as lush and extravagant as she had wanted it to be but atleast the cake would be. As she moved to the kitchen to get the cake, she realized there werent any gifts! "Kitchen team! Take over, I will be back, this place better be ready when i return with the Guest of Honor!" After the unified 'Yes Ma'm!' From the workers, Mimi bolted out and back to her personal room.

Eve
Eve gave a pause when Illya said that her sister was stuck inside the facility on this island. Her look was sad as she gazed upon the crying girl. To think that Aether would go to capture a pair of siblings and separate them...This wasn't what Aether was about. She thought it would be helping Pokemon and building a paradise, but... She let out a silent sigh. Aether was a lot different than she thought, with their smoke and mirrors.

She crept closer to the Chandelure gijinka and began to softly rub her back. She used her free hand to try and sign "I'll help," at the girl, hoping she would accept it. The more people that were on their side when it came to escaping the island, the better everything will be. She continued to rub the girl's back as she looked at the wall surrounding the entire island. They will get out, they all will.​
~*~
Lala​

"You're from Alola too? That's great! It's such a nice place to live, isn't it?" She put a finger to her lip when she mentioned that she was wealthy. "Well, I wouldn't know about being well off in terms of money, my whole family had to work hard to get where we're at now. Huh, I wonder how they're doing now?" She tapped a finger to her lip as the girl Aria said that she basically considered her and Mimi to be friends.

Lala could only smirk and giggle at the girl before her. Playing the good guy, in this case good girl, was certainly helping things move along. She didn't know why the admin was so interested in her, but she was willing to play along if it meant getting into her good graces. And she'll do that by being chummy with Aria. "Oooh, by the way, did you own any Pokemon? I heard that sometimes they let people have companion Pokemon here!"

@Zak in a Box

- Illya Merrimallow -
Sniffling after the offer Illya wiped her eyes and tossed her arms around the Dusknoir gijinka and in a soft tone said "Thank you".

Afterwards she stood on her own two feet and looked straight towards the Aether Foundation building. "We'll rescue them all, I know we can" she offered her hand to Eve, now back to her former smiling self.
- Aria Einsburg -
Not meaning to offend her Aria apologized to Lala before changing the subject. "So what was your family like?" she asked, sincerely wanting to learn more about her "I hope they were nice people too..". Her smile grew even wider as she thought what it would be like to have a caring family.

"I'm sure whoever they are, they'd be proud of you now" she said smiling "Oh yea" she said as she pointed her arm at Lala and her hands disappeared as flowers popped out practically showering her in pollen.

Last edited:
| Al "Gen" Sylvester |​
The gengar gijinka bowed mockingly, swinging the poor berry around the front of his body while the other hand whipped out in a fan like motion, making the gesture all the more comical. "Why thank you. I'll be here all week. And the week after that." He winked, swinging back up, his tongue darting out to catch a few precious drops of the berry's juice. His eyes darted back up to Snitches and they gleamed at her.

Snickering he smirked, "Oh I'm motivated alright." His fist flex, plopping the remains of the berry into his jaws, enjoying the way the muscles pinched at the back of his mouth at the sudden surge of bitter juice. "I've a few words and plenty punches to throw their way."

He kneaded the corner of his mouth were a bit of juice escaped, licking the back of his hand. He did enjoy the berries but damn did he hate how sticky they left him. Eck.

When Al heard Stitches speak again, catching the way her lips curled up into a smirk he mirrored her. With a devious shrug of his shoulders, Al withdrew another berry from the bush, tossing it up and down with lazy abandon. "Berry interesting."

After a moment he turned a lazy eye to her and winked. "Buuuuut, that's for me to know." He teased, sticking out his tongue.
| Remmington Rose |​
Rem could see why Nagisa would be hesitant to try that part of the forest. Araidos were pretty aggressive, especially in great numbers. Even if she were a trainer with Haxorus again she would be cautious to try and take that on, not without some backup. But it sounded like a good place to try and find some stuff. If she were to hide anything on this island she would consider placing it in areas where lots of aggressive pokemon lived to try and ward off eyes.

"Don't worry about it. There's no need to explain. Araidos can be intimidating. I wouldn't want to get hit by any poison attacks." She replied, eating her berry.

"But if you can heal then this could work out perfectly. We just need a plan of action, just so if anything goes wrong we have something to fall back on." Rem suggested, remembering with a fond wince how much trouble she used to get into.

"There won't be anything to be afraid of after that. Plus, they're pokemon right. I think I may have an idea already forming."​

Sara brought one hand up to her chin and examined Gen "Pretty feisty for a... hmm... ghost type huh? Guess looks are quite deceiving." She giggled again at his prop humor as she fixed her bangs back in place. It had been a hot minute since she had a good genuine laugh maybe this was the start of a decent friendship between them. Only time would tell.

"Well then I guess that leaves us both with a secret then..." she gave a quick wink and twirled to begin heading back to her rock to get a bit more sun before starting the rest of her day "You can join me if you like, Lurantis need a good amount of light to retain the pink coloration of their bodies. I have one of the best spots picked out for getting just that." Sara strode a little ways away before turning to see if Gen would join along.

~Mimi Merrimallow~
With a small box inhand and a necklace with a purpleish clear diamond shaped pendant in her other hand, Mimi hurried down the hall to the elevator that would take her to the Lab. "Still not too sure how this is gonna work or if it even will work but just in case things go haywire we got this to fall back on..." as the doors to the elevator open, she slips inside and presses the lab floor button.

Once on the Lab floor, Mimi makes her way back to Aria's chamber "Alrighty friend and Birthday Girl, everything is ready! C'mon we don't want to be late!" She was bouncing in place eager to get going to get the next part under way. "We are heading to the cafeteria, and don't worry none of the other employees will mess with you while I'm around! They usually get nervous or go the other way when they see me... they act like they have seen a ghost or something." She giggled as she placed the necklace on herself waiting for the other two to get ready.

Eve
Eve was surprised by the hug, but her face softened and she hugged back. She wanted to comfort the girl in any way possible. And though she didn't have much to offer, she wanted to help regardless of that fact. She didn't know how long the hug would last, but she let go when Illya let go.

Her gaze turned towards the Aether building, eyes narrowing a little as she gazed upon them. She felt sick and sad at seeing the building looming out in the horizon. This wasn't what the Aether Foundation was meant to be, it wasn't holding up the Foundation's ideals... She sighed silently as she looked over at the Chandelure gijinka and pointed down the path she came from. "Go?" she signed.​
~*~
Lala
Lala put a finger to her lip again as she tried to think of what to say to the girl about her family. "Well, it was just me and father and my siblings. They were half siblings, but I viewed them as siblings. And my father...well, he got along with a lot of women. But he was willing to support the mothers whenever they had a kid. He's a very kind man, despite being with a lot of women."

She blinked in surprise when the girl puffed out some pollen towards her. "Eh? What's this?" she asked, but before she could get an answer, Mimi came back. "Ah ad- Mimi!" She got up from her place and looked at the Mimikyu gijinka, sort of relaxing when she was addressed as friend. She wasn't sure what the admin was capable of, but she knew all admins needed to be treated with respect. And Mimi? She was just as off as her, though she didn't know she was off herself.

She turned over to Aria with a smile. "Well? Are you ready? The party awaits," she said as she dusted the pollen off her clothes. She didn't want to come in looking like she came from the jungle. Her face screwed up slightly at that thought. The island outside of this building was a place she would rather not go into, there were too many wild Pokemon and gijinkas about, among other things that made her dislike it. She turned over to Mimi and nodded. "I'm ready."

@Zak in a Box @Teh-Kitsune

After a few tense moments, a soft rustling could be heard from the bush and the dewpider slowly came crawling out. Archaeo wore his gentle smile as the small pokemon looked him over. "Now, what are you doing out here on your own?" He asked the pokemon softly, keeping a watchful eye on it. He let out a soft chuckle when the little thing gave a shrug and began to climb up his jacket. It seemed like he'd taken an interest in the golden bands around his wrists and his head.

"Alright, we need to get out of here. You with me bud?" He asked the inquisitive creature as he spared a glance over towards the exeggutor. He could've sworn he saw it twitch. His sharp red gaze flicked back to the spider on his shoulder when the dewpider gave an affirmative noise and nodded its head. The gijinka stood up and quickly ventured to the door back into the Aether building. "Mind if I call you Dewey?" He asked the spider as he swiped his card key and entered the building. The little pokemon seemed to like its new nickname. "Alright Dewey, just stay close to me in here." He quietly warned the pokemon as he made his way down the hall.

It was odd, there were less employees hanging around than usual. As he walked by the cafeteria, he noticed a few of them putting up some scant decorations. "Exactly what is going on in here?" He asked them coldly. Upon hearing that Mimi was holding a party, a sigh was drawn out from him. "Dewey, do you think you could do better than those decorations?" He asked the pokemon in a softer and quieter voice. Dewey let out an affirmative noise and quickly leaped off his shoulder, draping webs across the ceiling and attaching bubbles to the thin silk threads. The small pokemon quickly finished its work and swung back to land on Archeo's shoulder once more. "Excellent job, bud." He praised the pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.