3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, science fiction, dystopian, post-apocalyptic, apocalyptic, modern, high fantasy, fandom (post- or pre-canon)
Divider-21.png

Rainjay's Random Banner Maker

Hi!

I'm kinda bored (it's vacation!) and was looking about the site and thought: why not try to see if anybody wants banners?

I'm not the very best at it, probably, but I do try. Unfortunately I do not have photoshop or Gimp or anything fancy like that, but I make due with what I can get.

I can also do just general images or transparent background text for threads and stuff. Or I can stick a name onto a character's image, make a siggy, although it will not look like the ones I have; those were done by somebody else and much more talented than I!

If you'd like a banner, please fill this out so it's a bit easier!

Roleplay Name:
Link to roleplay sign-ups/info:
Graphic type: (banner, decorative image, transparent text)
Description of graphic: (a VISUAL description of what you'd like)
Color scheme:
Words: (specify if you want one thing larger than another, colors, etc. I do not take font orders, but you can ask for a cursive or a plain text)
Do you want me to find images?:

I try to cite where I get all images, and would like if others could do the same. I'll keep all banners on my blog and here with citations if I can find them, but it'd be cool if you put them on your thread too.

Divider-21.png

Examples

oie_F2pQAHAUZxTr_zps2fdedc95.png

oie_WIbhVtYegKSF_zpsdbece6d8.jpg

oie_gtx1igUeZU7u_zps290abb8b.jpg

swanpaw_zps54243f38.jpg

thefifthwinterfinal_zpsc959bd63.jpg

thggg_zps60607d23.jpg

ttheairproject_zpsaf3bcf60.png

g-gif-update_zps96aea8d0.gif

legacy4_zpsfae739a7.jpg

legacy_zps7a591d9e.jpg

arwentext_zps8d71ae6d.png

rydelle_zps2244c440.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Roleplay Name: Redwood

Link to roleplay sign-ups/info: Here

Graphic type: Banner

Description of graphic: I do not have a specified size because I do not of an appropriate size for a banner on here- sorry about that. The pictures I hope to be blended together are these ones: this one for the background of the banner, this on the upper left side, and this on the right side of the banner in the center, instead of the upper or lower portion. I would also like high clarity as well. Within the middle and center of the roleplay banner, I want it to say "Redwood" and then at the bottom of that title, but a little aligned to the right (perhaps starting underneath the letter o), maybe in white(?) text: Will they survive a new generation...?

Color scheme: Dark (i.e. black, dark red, dark purple, etc.) but not to the point where you can't see anything.

Words: I would like the roleplay name to be larger than the catch phrase: Will they survive a new generation...? As for font styles, would you be okay trying both cursive and plain? I'm not entirely sure which one I think would look better.

Images: Small town (voyagegrandv.com), Concept Angel (devids.net), Demon (deviantart.com)

Do you want me to find images?: If I don't like the way the banner turned out simply because of the pictures themselves (i.e. thinking it doesn't look good together with everything else in general), you are most definitely allowed to find images for this banner.

Roleplay Name: Redwood

Link to roleplay sign-ups/info: Here

Graphic type: Banner

Description of graphic: I do not have a specified size because I do not of an appropriate size for a banner on here- sorry about that. The pictures I hope to be blended together are these ones: this one for the background of the banner, this on the upper left side, and this on the right side of the banner in the center, instead of the upper or lower portion. I would also like high clarity as well. Within the middle and center of the roleplay banner, I want it to say "Redwood" and then at the bottom of that title, but a little aligned to the right (perhaps starting underneath the letter o), maybe in white(?) text: Will they survive a new generation...?

Color scheme: Dark (i.e. black, dark red, dark purple, etc.) but not to the point where you can't see anything.

Words: I would like the roleplay name to be larger than the catch phrase: Will they survive a new generation...? As for font styles, would you be okay trying both cursive and plain? I'm not entirely sure which one I think would look better.

Images: Small town (voyagegrandv.com), Concept Angel (devids.net), Demon (deviantart.com)

Do you want me to find images?: If I don't like the way the banner turned out simply because of the pictures themselves (i.e. thinking it doesn't look good together with everything else in general), you are most definitely allowed to find images for this banner.
I'll certainly try my best. I'm not the greatest at piecing together images (I was working on it before school started) but I'll give it a whirl. The images may be too big in size, but I'll see what I can do.

• Thank You
I'll certainly try my best. I'm not the greatest at piecing together images (I was working on it before school started) but I'll give it a whirl. The images may be too big in size, but I'll see what I can do.

Oh, well I was always told bigger was better in terms of making banners. A head's up though: If you're on the google browser, you can always right click on the mouse and click on 'search google for this image' and find a smaller image of what I previously showed you.

Reactions: Rainjay
Oh, well I was always told bigger was better in terms of making banners. A head's up though: If you're on the google browser, you can always right click on the mouse and click on 'search google for this image' and find a smaller image of what I previously showed you.
I know. Usually the issue is with the proportions, but it should work.

@Alexa

So here is what I've got so far. Of course, much of the actual background image won't be able to fit when I size it to fit Iwaku's banner rotation, but the question I have for your is concerning her second wing. It's flat of course because it hit the edge of the page; never was a full wing. Do you have any thoughts on how I position her? I'd try to place her so that the straight edge doesn't appear flat, but I could *maybe* try to make it look like a full wing; the problem with this is that it'd look a rather short and small wing.

Untitled_zps99b77a0a.jpg

I'm pretty tired, so I'll have to continue tomorrow, but dare I say this is going a lot better than I anticipated :P

I guess it wouldn't make sense, logically speaking, to put her in the upper left corner, would it? Now that I think about it, of course... I have no initial thoughts- maybe you could turn her a little diagonally towards the right?

I guess it wouldn't make sense, logically speaking, to put her in the upper left corner, would it? Now that I think about it, of course... I have no initial thoughts- maybe you could turn her a little diagonally towards the right?
I might try to blur it into the background, but I'll try that too and see what happens

@Alexa

redwood_zps094451a9.jpg

redwood2_zps868df0c7.jpg

Still working on it (might try to see what happens if I make the angel and the demon smaller sized), although let me know how you feel so far. I was going to position the two of them together (angel & demon) so that her clipped wing would be hidden, but her second wing is also clipped so it made it impossible.

I can resize the two figures so that they are smaller but more of their bodies are seen, if you'd like.

How do you feel about either font?

Both fonts look great- the position of the fonts on the top banner adhere more to my request though, but the second font I like more. The only con I have- but it is not your fault- is how the background and the other two pictures go together (with or without blending). Resizing is a possibility- I could compare the two, if again, you don't mind doing so. Is it possible you that might have any suggestions as to what kind of background would fit better with those images?

Both fonts look great- the position of the fonts on the top banner adhere more to my request though, but the second font I like more. The only con I have- but it is not your fault- is how the background and the other two pictures go together (with or without blending). Resizing is a possibility- I could compare the two, if again, you don't mind doing so. Is it possible you that might have any suggestions as to what kind of background would fit better with those images?
I'll go and reposition the fonts with the one you liked in a second to see if you like it.

I probably can't do it right now, but I will resize them and see if you like them smaller as well. I don't really mind.

And here are a few backgrounds you might like.

I know these two are blurry, not quite what you liked, but perhaps you will like these:

stock-footage-people-walking-in-city-night-background-people-and-cabs-by-on-the-streets-of-night-city-out-of.jpg

This one has the issue of being rather small, but I might be able to find a bigger version.

blurry-city-street_96361.jpg

Dock-Street-Shop.jpg

New-York-City-Basketball-Court-HD-Wallpaper-1920x464.jpg

This one is pretty conveniently sized.

dscn4732.jpg

This one is bright like your first one, but also offers a setting that might host the other two images a bit better.

The third or the forth one look to be the best with setting the background for the town. It's hard to say which one I'd like more. Maybe to cut a little slack you can go ahead and try out the fourth one. At first, I thought about the first two, but since this isn't a city, I'd want to stick to the "area in a small town" images that aren't so flashy and bright. As for the new reposition, that's what I want. If you could make the white phrase a little smaller, that'd be very much appreciated. (:

At first I was worried the white text was too small XD Okay. I'll make it smaller and stick it directly under the first O, like you asked (I was originally worried it'd be too small if I did), and I'll try out the fourth background both with the same sized figures and with slightly smaller ones.

I'll have to work on that a bit later, but I should have new examples up tonight.

Thanks for being so patient ^^

• Love
At first I was worried the white text was too small XD Okay. I'll make it smaller and stick it directly under the first O, like you asked (I was originally worried it'd be too small if I did), and I'll try out the fourth background both with the same sized figures and with slightly smaller ones.

I'll have to work on that a bit later, but I should have new examples up tonight.

Thanks for being so patient ^^
Of course- I actually don't feel like I'm waiting at all because you're discussing and showing me the banner as you do it. I'm very glad you've decided to do it this way. I know you're actually working on it and actually care about what I want. It says a lot about you. (:

• Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay
Alrighty. Do you any anything else you'd like to add/change?
Hmm... Do you think a darker colour scheme would work? Maybe a little gray on the light area above the title perhaps? I want the banner to give off a kind of mysterious feel to it.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working too well. Everything I've got tries to decolor the entire image.

redwood8_zpse7ec2a81.jpg

redwood7_zps3a734d7e.jpg

redwood6_zps11fe3bb2.jpg

redwood9_zps5b34c6a4.jpg

Original for reference:
redwoof4_zpscb8b7090.jpg

If any of those look any better, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.