Books that made you cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't cry, but I felt sad and devoid of hope for a good while afterwards. That's as close to crying a book has ever made me.
Ah, fair enough. Yeah. Kafka tends to do that.

The only book that has ever made me cry is The Reader by Bernard Schlink

The girl who played go by Shan Sa
That ending! T-T The story is slow as a snail, but THAT ENDING!!! Totally worth it.

The fault in our starts by John Green
The place that got me wasn't the funeral or the death of that guy. It was the fake funeral! The fake funeral got to me the most! xD Then the after effect made me cry at the real funeral scene. But I swear! I would not have cried if they hadn't had that fake funeral!

It's the strangest things that makes me cry :3

The boy in the stripped Pajamas by John Boyne
While Shan Sa and John Greens book made me cry A LOT, this one only got a couple of tears at most. Maybe because I was prepared. We read it for an English class and I had kind of been warned that it would be super sad xD I thought it was a little sad, but not incredibly heartbreaking. Probably because of the way it was written. I like them to go in on the horror of the character when something horrible happens to them or the sadness of the character when something sad happens to them, that way I feel their pain. But we didn't actually get the characters pain, because he didn't know he was in any danger. That's probably why others thought it was so sad, because he didn't know, and I can understand that, but I just don't get as sad when the narrator doesn't feel sad over the situation. It was such a calm death I just couldn't be moved by it.

Elsewhere by Zevin Gabrielle

It has been many years since I read the book, so I don't remember everything, but I know I cried at the end when they separated. It's like they died! But they didn't die! It's like... No! Don't go stupid baby! :'(

New moon by Stephenie Meyer
DON'T JUDGE ME! D: I WAS SIXTEEN! IT WAS MY HORMONES FAULT!! *Feels their judging eyes glaring a hole in my back*

Graceling book 2 Fire by Kristin Cashore

YOU DIDN'T NEED TO DIE GUY WHOSE NAME I CAN'T REMEMBER!!!

Graceling book 3 Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

So many moments... Soooo many moments.

And that's all of them I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.