October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
BOOKS THAT BIND
Book recommendation thread

View attachment 2952

Recommend good books or authors to other members. Some of my favorites are "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck and "Brave new world" by Aldous Huxley.

What books would you recommend to other members?

OH nice!, a book thread. :)

This will be good for me seeing as I can never find any good books to read. I usually get into the first few chapters and then get bored of it. Last book I started to read was The Lovely Bones, maybe it's because I already saw the movie and knew how the ending went buuuuuut... YAWN!

I loved Brave New World.
Hm, books to recommend. Well, since I'm on a King Arthur kick - The Once and Future King. It's long and intimidating looking, but also clever, exciting and funny. It goes pretty fast, actually. (Particularly, if you, like me, skip the first book. -ahem-)
Another good one is A Case of Exploding Mangoes - it's set in the 1970s? during the rein of General Zia in Pakistan. It's a lot like Catch 22, except better, more modern, and with the greatest characters ever.

BRING ME THE HEAD OF PRINCE CHARMING

I really enjoyed that book. XD

Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson. I can't recommend it enough.

The American Heritage Collection- Tales by HP Lovecraft.

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky

And if you have lived under a rock your whole life and haven't yet read Douglas Adams Hitchhikers Guide series you really need to go rectify that first thing.

And on a lighter note-

Dragon's Bait by Vivian Vande Veld was an amusing, if short read... As were Howl's Moving Castel and Castle in the Sky- though I can't think of the author off the top of my head.