1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
-Fantasy with means of magic and sword based feelings, i do prefer a bit of romance in stories
-Modern with again a fantasy feel
-Cut in anything with a bit of Romance and I can give it a try.
While it might be strange to think, I don't personally have T.V in my house. More in the case of we own t.v's but no cable, or satellite. Barely any streaming services either, as we aren't a family that does a lot of show watching! However, what we do often in this home of mine, is read. Books, comics, manga, newspapers. Whatever have you.

giphy.gif

Now my conundrum and perhaps other avid or just casual readers have too, is what to read! So I pose to all those iwakuians out there, suggestions! What's some of your favourite things to read or what you really want to show others in hopes that they could get just as hyped about the series or singular entry of a readable passage as you!

Gib! I require more reading material for my smooth brain to become less smooth!

Oh, and my common suggestion for someone to pick up? Name of the Wind: Patrick Rothfuss -I've read it every year since its original release and have now listened to it a few times on audible! My addiction is bone deep on this one!

giphy.gif

I would most definitely recommend Maren Stoffels writings to those who like murder mystery/suspense/thriller/etc. with a hint of spice. The twists at each end of the books left me shooketh- absolutely gone for words.

There's also a Disney series that's practically just AU's of the casual Disney movie. The one I'm currently reading is about Sleeping Beauty, it's title is: "Once Upon a Dream: What if Sleeping Beauty never woke up?" Of course, there are others, such as; "A Whole New World: What if Aladdin had never found the lamp?" "Mirror, Mirror: What if the evil Queen poisoned the prince?" "So this is Love: What if Cinderella never tried on the glass slipper?"

• Love
Reactions: Manna Beast
I don't even own a tv either because it is wasted on me when I don't watch or play console games. //High fives :D

One of the most surprising reads that I liked a lot was Under The Whispering Door by TJ Klune and I can't wait to read more from this author. Please do pick it up if you haven't already!

As for a series, I can't ever get enough recommending The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater. It is a YA series and it really surprised me with how much I just loved it.

Those who follow me on Goodreads know I have been on a reading sprint. Another YA (children's book even?) that I really adore (other than collecting The Little Prince by Saint Exupery) is Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (Howl is such a book crush).

For classics I want to recommend the short story Carmilla by Sheridan le Fanu. Older than Dracula, and female. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte is also a hard favourite if mine, along with Jane Austen all the way.

Currently I'm giving Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy a second chance now that I think I found a more decent translation? So far I'm enjoying it more than years ago.

• Love
I am a book hoarder that buys books with the intent to read them and then it takes me years to get to that book. I have a HUGE to-read stack. 😂

My absolute favorite book of all time is Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. >_> I recommend all books by her.

I am also a big fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories by Arthur Conan Doyle.

I also really enjoyed The Belgariad series by David Eddings.

• Love
If anyone is looking for a short and light read I recommend 'Stardust' by Neil Gaiman, a delightful short fairy tale that reads like a soft and warm dream.

For those who want to read something heavier 'I Never Promised You a Rose Garden' by Joanne Greenberg is a hidden gem, I feel. It comes with plenty of trigger warnings and I definitely recommend reading it when you are in a good headspace, because of the heavy themes that come to pass. Definitely something I had to read in phases.

So I'm a huge reader, but I've been in a reading slump for a while, and I'm slowly clawing my way out of it. When it comes to recommendations and favourites though:

A Curse so Dark and Lonely was one I really enjoyed. It's a YA Beauty and the Beast retelling and has some pretty great disability representation

If you're in the mood for a long immersive fantasy series, The Wheel of Time has you covered with 15 books. That one's been a staple in my house since before I was even born. Speaking of, the Belgariad series by David and Leigh Eddings was a favourite of mine in high school. It's very trope-y, but it's enjoyable and I love the characters.

If you're looking for a classic I recommend Pride and Prejudice all the way. It's definitely a favourite.

• Love
I'm always reluctant to recommend books to people in case they don't like them and judge my tastes 😂 I'm also not likely to buy a recommendated book if I'm not so sure because books be priceyyy

Butttt I will recommend a few books, I'll avoid the big ones like lotr and such since most people know them.

It take two to tumble-if you're looking for a regency gay romance this is the book for you, it's quickly become my favorite book in awhileeee

Zodiac series-I can't spell the authors name but it's close to romona? It's a fantasy world where each planet is based off one of the Zodiacs, pretty fun if you like that kind of stuff

I can't remember the names of the others books I'm reading rn 😂 I'll add more later when I remember

• Love
I am a danged book hoarder that reads once in every blue moon, but I haven't been to a shop in ages because I am low on money.

I... have been a lot into Webtoons lately. I know they aren't books, but dang it, they're good mediums to read and the stories can be interesting (or guilty pleasures). I would say my top selections are Dreaming Freedom, The Remarried Empress, Operation: True Love, Twilight Poem, The Fox Club, Get Schooled, Long After the Ending, The Dark Lord's Confession, and Lore Olympus.

I have been reading a few poetry books, however. I recommend the Pillow Thoughts series by Courtney Peppernell, Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur (TRIGGER WARNING, THOUGH, DISCUSSIONS OF SA AND TRAUMA), and Nocturnal by Wilder. They're pretty simple but beautiful, and good for a night-time read. There was a time where I was reading Lord of the Flies by William Golding, but I haven't finished it. It's a slow burner, but it's good and the story gets progressively dark.

On mangas, I recommend Vinland Saga, Takane and Hana, and Junji Ito's works, especially Tomie, Remina, Sensor, and Uzumaki.

I have a HUGE stack of books that I have either read halfway or not at all.

But I did love reading Five Feet Apart along with the movie. It's one of the books that are written in first person perspective, which I've grown to love reading.

Growing up, my ultimate favorite book series had to be Harry Potter, which I could read over and over again and never grow tired of the book.