books and publishing?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by GreenLady, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Rangerkay (me) is getting ready to epublish some books! (You can gasp in delight now). That's right people...fellow iwakuans...I am in the midst of finishing my first book and getting it edited...then...epublished. *dances* I have been working on this project for years. The only thing was that I was looking into traditional publishing.

Do you know how difficult that is? Ugh! People won't even talk to you about it these days unless you hire an agent. Then, there are fees and percentages and years worth of time that gets sent down the drain when you don't publish. I looked into that drain of despair and wrinkled my nose in disgust. Then, hope! Someone was willing to publish me! I got super excited because I had decided to skip the agent and because of it received many notices of rejection.

I looked into this publishing house and was appalled. They wanted me to provide start-up costs! Forget it!

A friend pointed me in the direction of epublishing. She had just finished publishing a cake decorating picture book through it. My eyes lit up, my soul glowed as I realized something...my dream could still come true! All I have to do is get my book edited and then format it! Easy enough right?

It should be but after so many years or not feeling capable...fear is suddenly shooting through me...so...what I need is support! I already have two people lined up to edit my books. (Did she just say books?) Yes...yes I did. I have two books I am writing right now...another one on my drawing board.

2. That's great! You've already accomplished the number one challenge; writing the book. Epublishing the book should be easy compared to the rest of the hard work you've done.

3. You can self-publish a book yourself just by printing it (office supply and print shops often do large customized print orders, but it helps a lot if you can get help with the editing and advertising process

Good luck!

If you want an editor I'm harsh, but available