Book of Friends (CLOSED RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayumi climbed into the tub, the water splashing as she moved to settle in with a small content noise. She turned the faucet off and smiled, finally able to relax.

At least, that was the plan. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the folded towel, only to hear movement just outside her bathroom door. "Mori, if that's you going though my things again--!" She called in warning.

Currently all of her things were already packed into three large boxes. One of clothes, one of books, and one of all other little knickknacks and treasure's she had collected over the years-- including the small strange inheritance from her grandfather. A small black jar with a seal over the cork, an old diary of some sort, and a pocket watch.

Hearing the movement continue, she groaned, frustrated, and got up- abandoning her bath. She wrapped a towel around her chest and threw the bathroom door open. "Mori--!" She'd been prepared to scold her younger cousin.

Not to see an empty room with her box of books upturned. "Huh...?"

Kaze could hear her screaming from behind the door. He rolled his eyes, thinking about how noisy human women were. Well, it wasn't as if female spirits were any better. In his opinion they were almost just as noisy especially during a gathering. He recalled that one time when he decided to casually attend to a local spirit festival a hundred decades ago, there were a bunch of intoxicated spirits wobbling over the streets. What made it worse was the poor sense of rituals the drunk spirits performed.

The door slid open and Kaze quickly lolled his head towards her direction. His tail swished across the floor as he stared at her amiably.

"Hey." Came his casual greeting.

Ayumi's face slowly flushed red. "Don't you 'hey' me!" She frowned, tightening her grip on the towel she had wrapped around herself. "Just what do you think you're doing?" She frowned, glancing to the window. It was still open-- letting in a cold breeze. With a shudder she walked over, closing it tightly-- latching it shut to prevent further chill from creeping into the room. "Didn't I tell you not to follow me?"

"Uh huh...that's nice..." Kaze drawled on. Flipping the pages of what seemed to be an old pop-up book,scrunching his nose at the extremely adorable art before tossing the book back somewhere in the box. He made it seem as though looking through someone's things was the most natural thing for anyone to do.

"Hey pass me that box will you?" He said, still not looking up from his rummaging.

Ayumi stared for a moment before walking over to him. "It's rude to rummage through someone else things. If I didn't know better, I could accuse you of being a rat." She frowned, making no move to push the box over to him. She felt her eyebrow twitch slightly in annoyance.

"Are you even listening to me?!" She demanded heatedly. "What are you looking through my things for, anyway?"

"Something your grandfather used to own. I can't remember what it was supposed to look like but I thought that if I found it here something might at least jolt my memory." Kaze grumbled, slumping onto the floor even further as he found nothing that resembled the item of his interest. "And you're awfully obedient for someone who doesn't want her things to be touched." He added with interest.

Ayumi frowned, crossing her arms, pulling the towel tighter around herself. "I figure if you get what you want you leave faster. If it isn't here, then get out of my room." She said firmly.

"Ayumi-- who are you talking to?" Her cousin called into the room through the door.

"Go away, Mori." She called back, frowning. She picked up one of cardboard the boxes to re-stack them.

The bottom gave way under the weight of the trinkets and treasures inside, dumping a mixed pile of dolls, photos, and her grandfathers belongings. Among them, his old 'diary'.

His book of friends.

"Ah, you're such a klutz." Kaze grumbled as he stood up from his current position to help gather her fallen belongings. It helped him a bit to look over the contents of the box.

"Oh?" he snickered with interest as he quickly found what he had been looking for all that time. "It seems untouched." Kaze muttered as he looked over the heirloom. "And judging by the way it's been kept, you have no idea what this can do?"

Ayumi fumbled with the box, refolding the bottom before setting it down. Doing so, she had to adjust her towel again.

Quickly she knelt down and began grabbing photos and dolls, putting them back into the box with haste. It wasn't until Kaze asked about the book that she paused. "It's my Grandfather's old book of scribbles. I guess it was his doodle diary." She admitted, taking it from him. She looked around the scattered belongings before finding a small silver key. "What of it?" She asked, not opening the book just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.