Book habits

For me, reading is the most incredible way to experience a story. I suspect part of the reason for that is how it engages and interacts with my imagination. The process of mentally constructing the setting and character imagery of a book, makes reading feel like a personal experience.

So yes, I do make sure to set aside time to read.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
For me, reading is the most incredible way to experience a story. I suspect part of the reason for that is how it engages and interacts with my imagination. The process of mentally constructing the setting and character imagery of a book, makes reading feel like a personal experience.

So yes, I do make sure to set aside time to read.
I really enjoy reading. It gets my creative juices going more effectively than movies or shows 9/10 times. Plus there are so many books! So many.

Reading is one of the best ways for me to unwind and I try to make time but sometimes I am better at it than others. For my own sake, I really should be better about it!

Reactions: Bone2pick
ye

today's reading time is set aside for The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty and And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini.

• Nice Execution!
Yup. I have a goodreads account which has been useful in getting me to read. This year’s goal is 13 books I believe. I think I’m one book behind schedule, but I still have time to catch up.

For a roleplayer i don't really care for fiction books lmao don't throw rocks at me

I do read a lot of non-fiction tho. I think I own every book about Alan Turing, and I probably go through two non-fiction books a year?? I mostly read on planes and trains tho bc I prefer to do other things with my time 8)

I fucking love to read. >:[ When I was a teenager I was reading a book a day like some kind of insatiable book monster. Of course, when I discovered roleplaying on the internet my reading dropped dramatically. >_> Even to this day I find myself dicking around online despite my ginormous to-read list. My closet and my Kindle are filled with hundreds of books I still haven't gotten to yet.

I really want to have good reading habits again so I am trying to find ways to fold daily reading into my life. >:[ Without a consistent schedule, things like to fall through the cracks.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I really like reading and it was all I did before I was released on the internet and discovered roleplaying. It helps me relax, but also inspires me, and in case I’m reading in a foreign language it also helps me get a better grasp on the language and broaden my vocabulary.

I usually try to read while I’m travelling, or waiting, but I’m trying to make it a habit to read before going to sleep.

I love reading. Currently I don't really read much at all though. Maybe a book a year? I hope I can change that at some point.

Back during my high school years I used to read several books a week though. I have always had a lot of free time so I was going at a pace of a book a day at one point. It helped not having a first hour and sibling and friend library cards that still sit comfortably in my pencil case. I had an entire rotation going. Fun times~

Then my bestie introduced me to the social part of the internet and roleplay when I was like 15? or 16? or so and reading along with a bunch of other hobbies kinda died off.

:pokepoke:

I love to read, but don't indulge nearly as much as I used to.
For the last few years I've taken up binge reading every two or three years, and buy/read multiple books within a series.
On average finishing at least 1 or 2 a week. Then once that itch has been scratched I don't pick up something else until the cycle begins anew.

Granted, all of this heavily relies on whether or not I find a series that I find worth reading.
Be they new books from an existing series that I love, or perhaps an entirely new one ( extremely rare ).
I tend to be quite picky with my literature.

Plus there are so many books! So many.
Good point. That's also a big part of what I appreciate about reading. One of my favorite genres of fiction is epic fantasy, and needless to say, I'm thankfuI I have a pool of fantasy stories to pick from outside of movies and television.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I LOVE reading. I also have a Goodreads, which really helps motivate me because checking off boxes gives me good feelings. Ever since I got a Kindle and can carry pretty much my whole library around with me anywhere, I've been reading SO much. I make time to read almost every day before I go to sleep, and if I have to sacrifice some sleep because the book was too good, so be it. Reading is also pretty much the only thing I'm willing to lose sleep for. ^^;

Lately, I've also been trying this new thing where, if I don't really like what I'm reading, I'll SCRAP IT and move on to another book, instead of slogging along at a snail's pace and mostly avoiding it, which is what I used to do, for some reason. XD

I used to read exclusively at lunch and break. I had like a dozen books just littering the floor of my car. And then one day someone stole my car. I got it back a week later, but the books were gone. I don't know that I consciously stopped. But I did. And instead I started listening to audiobooks. But during work to make the day go by. Now I'm always on the hunt for good audiobooks.

But I do think I should go back to reading books. It's more of a mental exercise and sometimes the best narrative voice. Is the one you create in your head.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I've recently been feeling nostalgic and returned to some old favorites by Agatha Christie, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. No beating Poirot and Holmes.

• Bucket of Rainbows
i love to read ! mainly fiction, but also some non-fic too. i recently finished the art of racing in the rain, by garth stein, and i realised they're making a movie on it !! i hope they do it good though. i have slowly been moving into scifi territory now.

Reactions: fish-writer
I've recently been feeling nostalgic and returned to some old favorites by Agatha Christie, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. No beating Poirot and Holmes.
Either last summer or two summers ago I managed to read almost all the Poirot novels and it was really nice. I knew several from TV adaptations but I can't recall having seen The Murder of Roger Ackroyd anywhere (maybe because it would be hard to pull off right) and I deeply enjoyed that one.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PoetLore
I love reading. I am lucky enough that I have enough slow days at work to get at least one book in a week. I'm currently rereading NOS4A2 since the series comes out next week. That's normally how it works with me. If I see a show or movie based on a book, I will read it before that comes out or after it's over. Going to get to reading ASoFI soon, once I get over how the series ended.

I love reading, I do, but Tokkii has gotten lazy and busy. >.>

Thanks to my dad, I read very often. Like after school and during the summer, I was required to read a chapter(s) before I could do whatever else I wanted to do.

I hate blaming my ADHD for certain things, but granted, it's hard for me to stay focused. It takes a lot for me just find a quiet spot with no distractions. This summer I want to finish reading two books! I love...no aadore Haruki Murakami! I enjoy a lot of surrealism in my novels. I also love psychological and horror elements in my literature. So, I do like more modern pieces.

I've always loved to read! I used to spend all my money on buying books, so eventually, my dad forced to go to the library instead of spending my own money on books. 8D. Although my grandmother reinforced the habit of buying books.

Now I feel the need to read, but I get easily distracted and can't focus on what I'm reading ; _ ; . I need to finish the HP series, read GoT, and other things that have piled up now. I just get so laaaaaaazy after work and only want to take a nap.

I can say for certain I read everyday. I have a book in my bed right now so I don't forget to read it. I do a half hour to an hour every night. And you know, reading on the internet. It is especially easy to find stories on the Internet. lol