8 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
Hey, look. It's a talking bob cut. Not a talking bob cut. The talking bob cut.

Anywho, some of you may know me (if you keep up with my many name changes), some of you may not. Whether you do or you don't, all is good! We can still roleplay. There are some guidelines though.

• I don't work with anything less than a paragraph, good grammar and punctuation accompanying. Any post worth writing is worth at least a paragraph. While I'm alright with a few grammatical mistakes here and there, don't take my leniency for granted.
  • I don't use Tumblr definitions. Sorry, but no furries or lizardkin allowed. I simply don't do it.
  • Bother me subtly. Once or twice a week is fine, and don't act like the world is going to end if my reply isn't up within the next 24 hours. I try to update my status when I'm busy, so if I don't reply for a few days, it might be a good idea to check that.
  • Romance is a bonus, not the main show. Likewise, don't try to push romance halfway through a story. I do a LOT of brainstorming with my partners, so we'll know ahead of time whether or not romance will be a factor at all. While I do like romance as a subplot, I like the simplicity of platonic relationships and how they lend themselves more to the plot. If romance arises and starts taking over, that's a no-go.
  • I like active people. By active, I mean you push the plot forward and contribute to it with your own little tidbits. I don't know how active I am myself, but when I really get into an idea, I really get into it. Likewise, I like the feeling that comes about when someone is cooperating on something. I much prefer to say we made this, as opposed to I made this (despite what my group project history in high school says about me).
I may or may not add more to this at some point, but that's good enough for now. You probably want to get to the stuff that matters anyway - the genres.

Regarding canon, I typically avoid it, but an original story in the Pokemon verse or something like that wouldn't be beyond me. I also like adapting concepts from some of my favorite series (Yumekui Merry, Psycho-Pass, Zatch Bell, etc). Yes, I am weeb trash. My avatar probably revealed that much already.

As for original stories...

• PSYCHOLOGICAL. I am a HUGE fan of anything and everything psychological. The mind and the way people tick is fascinating, and I like to explore and exploit that when I can. You already saw I mentioned Psycho-Pass. The whole utopian society with the system that may or may not be all it's cracked up to be just appeals to me so much.
  • Survival Games. While a little harder to play out between only two people, it's still possible, and has potential to be more productive than some with multiple players, as there's only two people discussing who lives and who dies as opposed to five or six.
  • Steampunk. I love steampunk. Steam-powered everything? Gears? Gadgets? Count me in. Just a note that I also like to tie fantasy elements into said steampunk (because what is alchemy even).
  • Fantasy. I like medieval and modern relatively equally. Count this as the only exception to the no Tumblr definitions rule, though I do still typically prefer my partner main a character of some human origin (but if you can play some wise dog-mage or something, have at it). Questing and slaying dragons, or whatever it is people in medieval times did to pass the time until video games were invented, always had a certain appeal to me. Despite my love for psychological mishaps, I'm still an adventurer at my core. There's something about completing a quest and getting just enough coin to buy a potion you might need against a dragon that just draws me in. Could be the massive amounts of RPGs I play, but whatever.
  • Supernatural. Not the show. Ew. I like supernatural more in a modern setting and in a way that ties in deeply with psychological, and much less into drama bombs everywhere. Because ghosts are pretty rad and interacting with them can only be good, right?
That's all I have so far as far as genres go. Just an additional tidbit that I love emotional turmoil and character death, so if you wanna get together and destroy some lives, let's get to work!

I'll try to brainstorm some good 1 on 1 plot scenarios, but for now, enjoy this picture of someone brainstorming.

b8e39ba84266404017adc7bfb98d8443079059f6_hq.jpg

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Fox of Spades
Hello! You look really interesting to role play with, I haven't role played much on this website(I'm still new and stuff) but I have on a few other places. I completely agree with you saying romance should be a subplot (I don't enjoy romance driven role plays that much) and I think it would be really fun to role play the genres you have listed! I have never really done psychological role plays, but I think they sound interesting. Anywho, its really nice to meet you and I would really enjoy roleplaying with you if you would like the same! ^_^

• Thank You
Reactions: Wryneck
If you ever want to try something in the Pokemon universe, let me know. (: I haven't watched Psycho Pass bc I suck, but otherwise I'd be all over that.

If not, though, I'm down for Psychological with elements of the supernatural, perhaps. Have you seen Ergo Proxy? Not sure, but you might love it, seems right up your alley, though perhaps it isn't so pick your brain as you'd like.

• Thank You
Reactions: Wryneck
Hello! You look really interesting to role play with, I haven't role played much on this website(I'm still new and stuff) but I have on a few other places. I completely agree with you saying romance should be a subplot (I don't enjoy romance driven role plays that much) and I think it would be really fun to role play the genres you have listed! I have never really done psychological role plays, but I think they sound interesting. Anywho, its really nice to meet you and I would really enjoy roleplaying with you if you would like the same! ^_^

Psychological is what I specialize in (or what I like to believe I do, anyway). I don't have any particular ideas of my own yet, but if you have anything of your own in mind, I'd be glad to hear them!

If you ever want to try something in the Pokemon universe, let me know. (: I haven't watched Psycho Pass bc I suck, but otherwise I'd be all over that.

If not, though, I'm down for Psychological with elements of the supernatural, perhaps. Have you seen Ergo Proxy? Not sure, but you might love it, seems right up your alley, though perhaps it isn't so pick your brain as you'd like.

I still gotta watch Ergo Proxy, yeah. Also still need to watch NGE and Ghost in the Shell. But you definitely need to watch Psycho-Pass. People shit on the second season, but I got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

And definitely! I've never done a 1 on 1 PokéRP before, but I'd be willing to give one with a good plot a go. If you have any other good ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Still brainstorming my own.~

Reactions: mango
Will for sure watch. Occult academy is also wonderful - too short - but wonderful. Absolutely recommend.

Well I'll PM you asap, and we can further discuss. (:

Reactions: Aois
Will for sure watch. Occult academy is also wonderful - too short - but wonderful. Absolutely recommend.

Well I'll PM you asap, and we can further discuss. (:
Gotcha!

I am interested in doing something with you. However, there is one issue I hope we can work out, and that is my own schedule. I won't go into much detail, but the state of my current living situation, I will most likely only be available for replies every other weekend. During that time I will be as active as I possibly can to make up for my long absences. I hope that isn't a big inconvenience.

I actually won't be available much myself, so that works out perfectly, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.