Blue Tea

Inside the building, a sudden burst of energy rippled through the walls, and a rather sizable portal was torn from the air. For a few moments, nothing happened, silence filling the room. A few very faint grunting sounds, followed by metal meeting metal followed soon enough. A sudden splash of blood escaped from the portal, as did a female's gasp. Suddenly, a female figure stumbled out of it, falling to her knees as the portal closed shut. A few heavy puffs were emitted from her, and she soon stood up, holding a wound on her arm, a rather nasty gash.

"Where am I? I do not recognize this layout...It is unfamiliar and unknown to me. I shall explore further."

As she moved into a slightly better lit area, her features came into focus. She was dressed in a strange top-A bit skintight, it was a dark blue, resting on top of a knee-length skirt. Her feet were bare, undressed. Her face was neutral, and her golden eyes simply piercing, almost like they shined through the dark. Light purple hair settled on top of her head, reaching to her neck. Her name was Acies.

Acies walked around the corner before turning around, noticing a glowing trail of light shooting down the hallway. She swiftly ran after it, electricity crackling around her. She tracked it to a dead end hallway and pointed her hand at it.

"Removing Dimensional Limitations now."

A much smaller version of the portal she arrived through appeared at the base of her arm, and she grasped the blade thet emerged. She straightened her arm out, the fine tip of it aimed at the specter.

"You're going down!"

She rushed at the specter, and slashed through it, the electricity buzzing around the specter, but showing no signs of damage.

"Immaterial...Power expended..." The specter floated towards her, and she got one good look at it before it phased into her completely. A transaparent gray apparition with glowing energy for its eyes...

A few minutes later, she rose again, and began walking down the hallway, her eyes glowing like the specters, possessed by the trickster.

"Well," Rueben announced as he flicked on his torch and used it to look around the lobby closer. "It's certainly friendly in here, isn't it?" he wondered, glancing at Coron's 'bloodied' hand with an amused look in his eyes. "I do enjoy spectres. They have such a whimsical sense of humour - did I ever tell you about -?"

"Now isn't the time, Rueben," was the general consensus.

He looked toward the elevator and pointed the light in that direction. "I can see if that's still safe for you - though you'll need to specify if you want the Health And Safety Standard safe or the regular safe. I might be able to fix it to either. Bear with me one moment, if you please..." With that, he started towards the other side of the room, past the fountain and into the gloom, before pausing and realising he was forgetting something. "Mind watching my back, Guy?"

James was staying back from the rest of the group. He always liked to that way he can try to shoot the specter's with his special arrows, hand crafted out of special metals, that could hurt the specters. He looked ahead and notice that everyone was nowhere to be seen. He looked around for Coron and the rest of the group he was with. "Hey guys where you all at?" He yelled out getting a little spooked because his flashlight had just died. Man this is crazy he thought to himself looking in all directions for any glimpse of light. He was really hoping he could find everyone before the specter(s) found him. He grabbed an arrow and knocked it readying just in case a specter did show up.

Coron was expecting much more trouble than he actually got from going downstairs. The basement door wasn't locked, and the flashlights were not giving out. "Well so far so good." The boy thought out loud. His eyes darted around the particularly large storage basement. It was then he realized at the other side was a parking garage that had a ramp up to the streets. "So that's what they have over there." His curious mind shot back to a building next to this one he never saw used. He continued looking for any sign of a breaker box. The city supplied enough energy to keep the emergency lights running in the parking garage. "If anyone sees anything let me know!" Coron shouted out as whoever decided to follow him were scattered throughout the basement.

Shade has been walking through the darkness the clacking of his claws hitting the ground every time he made a step "Hey Coron where are you!" he stopped for a second and used the wolves senses to see if he could find Coron *sniff, sniff* "Gah like hell I can find him with this potent smell it'd make anyone gage in a matter of seconds."

Shade continues to walk forward till he sees a door "hmm where does this lead to" he opens the door with his muzzle and walks in. Shade looks all around but doesn't see much, just a desk, computer, pile of papers, and a pencil" *clank*Shade jumps at the noise "Hey is anyone there!" but the only thing he can hear is the echo of his voice flowing through the basement. "Damn why did it have to be so dark and where did Coron go…" Shade walks out of the room and continues down the hall

Inside the building some of the lights were out and the manager was handing out flashlights, Guy took one, thinking if he needed it at least he would have it. There was a shaking sound coming from the elevator and then a scream, someone was definitely trapped on it. The thought didn't even cross Guy's mind that it could be the specters playing a trick, trying to lure people on it. Well, thought Guy, if i am going to do this I better do it right. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his Zippo lighter, the flame from it would be enough to power his elemental powers; A little flame was always good to have in tight dark places, as Guy suspected the elevator would be.

"You know I do!" Said guy in response to Rueben's question. He followed him towards the Elevator. When they got to the door, there was a distant scream. It sounded as if someone was screaming from down a long hallway, it was echoed and had tremendous reverberation.

"I think it might be a trap." Thought Guy turning to Rueben and nodding, signaling that he was about to try the emergency door-open button. As soon as his finger pushed the button, the door shot open on its own and an seen force from behind Guy pushed him in, he fell, face first, into the Elevator. And to his amazement the door slammed shut and it was dark. He now was very glad he had the flash light. As the the elevator began to mysteriously rise, all Guy could think was that he hopped Rueben had also been pushed inside, he would hate to have to go at this alone.

At a first glance the elevator looks solid enough - it didn't appear to break any physical boundaries of 'safe'. There was still a possibility for it to be possessed, or something similar.

Though, the distant scream set Rueben on edge. If there were civilians around things wouldn't be overly simple. When Guy uttered, "I think it might be a trap." Rueben nodded silently.

The doors opened upon Guy pressing the button, and at the ding the force that pushed Guy also hit Rueben. He landed awkwardly on his infected arm, but it wasn't the least of his worries. In the dark, with only Guy's breathing for sound, the elevator rose.

"Guy," he said, shakily getting to his feet. "You allright?"

Nils followed Coron down the stairs as well. "Hmmm" Nils mused to himself stroking his chin. "Well if I was a devious trickster which I am most of the time where would i hide the breaker box...I owuldn't necessarily hid it bit rather make it invisible!! Hahaha you can't fool me!" Nils said triumphantly as he rushed towards one of the walls and slowly started to feel his way around them looking like an idiot. "C'mon guys join me!"

Shade had been walking for a while and doesn't know if he's been going around in circles or not. "Oh good now I think I am lost but I just can't give up I need to press onward" Shade being stupid like the last time tried to sniff out Coron's sent "*urk* why did I do that again I did that last time." Shade continues down the hall the clacking of his claws on the ground flashlight in his mouth. "I think I'm lost entire…"

Shade hears an echo from a familiar voice "Come on guys join me" Shade begins to charge "That has to be Nils voice!" Shade continues charging down the hall.

"Yea, I'm good, but I don't think this elevator is........"

Just then, and not three seconds after the door slammed shut, the elevator shot up like a sky rocket. The Needle at the top of the door that pointed at what floor it was on broke and shot off, bouncing against the walls until it hit the floor. Guy was still on his back and unable to move, being pushed down by the accumulating G-force. He felt him stomach take a turn for the worst, but was able to just barley keep everything inside his stomach. What made the situation all that much worse was the fact that it was more or less pitch black. Finally, after five straight seconds of an "Upward free fall", the elevator came to a violent and crashing stop. Guy's body flew in the air then hit the ground with a solid ~THUD~.

Guy took a moment to get his barrings straight just as the door slowly opened.

"Well, I guess this is our floor." Said Guy in a half joking matter.

Outside the Door was still pitch black, Guy used his elemental powers, fueled by the Zippo, to create a 5 foot radius of light, as he had lost the flashlight somewhere along the way.

"Alright, Rueben, lets get these tricky bastards."

Upon the sudden shoot upwards, Rueben crumpled to his knees. He held onto his head until the movement stopped. It finally stopped, but the queasy feeling remained.

"I'm glad I didn't take you up on those sausages earlier..." he mumbled. The doors slid open, a painfully anti-climactic ending to the ride.

Guy, after composing himself, stepped out and lit up the space. The corridor looked ordinary enough, so far, but Rueben was cautious.

"Alright, Rueben, let's get these tricky bastards," Guy prompted.

Rueben gingerly joined Guy outside, but didn't go much farther. He frowned and held out his mutated arm for a second or two, as if testing the air with it.

"Yup. They've got this feller on edge," he told him, putting his arm back to his side and rolling his shoulders back. "He's got me all tense." He walked until he was in the dark again, with Guy's light behind him. "We'll want to lure them into the open somehow."

The now-possessed Acies heard the sound of doors sliding open, and was forced to briskly walk that way. It was odd-She could hear, but she couldn't see or move, like some sort of nightmare...Suddenly a strange energy filled the area, one that made the specter, for a lack of a better term, freak out. For a split second, it seemed to lose control of itself, Acies' body spasming uncontrollably, the spected quickly regaining control, but not before Acies let out a scream, a desperate attempt to let someone know she was there. The specter forced her to run towards the source of the noise, her bare feet barely making a noise against the wood floor.

"Yea" Said Guy, His eyes shifting back and forth in the darkness.

"I remember something about Specters, sometimes they are attracted to fire. They love the flickering of it. Maybe if we set something on fire they will come out?" Guy took another step in to the dark room then added with a nervous chuckle "Then again, I don't think setting a fire in here is the best Idea."

Guy took a few more cautious steeps into the room, being able to see only about 5 feet in front of him, he went slow until he saw something that would greatly help them. It was an electric breaker box. Guy had a feeling that if he could use his elemental magic to send a powerful volt through it, it might be enough to spark the circuits, thus creating the illusion of fire. It might just work, thought Guy as he reached the box. Just as he turned to tell his plan to Rueben a cold draft passed him, and he knew right away it was the specters. After the chill passed a violent howl erupted throughout the room. Guy had the feeling that more than one Specter was here. The only thing on the cooks mind was using his elemental magic to light this place up, at least then it would be a fair fight.

Out of habit, upon hearing the scream Rueben dropped to a defensive stance, his eyes cast into the darkness, trying to make something out in the gloom.

Even after a moment of silence, he didn't relax. Instead, he let his gaze rest on his colleague.

"Guy, we need light. It's coming."

Years of practise and training kicked in as a coldness swept past him once again, just like the one before the howl. Things were about to get interesting.