Blu-Rays vs DVDs

Which do you prefer when collecting movies? Blu-Rays or DVDs?

• Blu-Rays

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • DVDs

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SacredWarrior

Original poster
When it comes to collecting movies, which do you normally buy? Blu-Rays, DVDs, or a combination of both?

I have pretty much all DVDs in my collection but I'm not against collecting Blu-Rays (although they're more expensive). Only two films in my collection are Blu-Rays and even then, it's the Blu-Ray + DVD combo: Furious 7 and Straight Outta Compton.

Hell I even have a lot of VHS tapes!

Blu-Ray is objectively better in all facets.

My wife's oversized collection of movies is slowly being replaced by blu-Ray. Well, the Disney ones at least because Disney is a prick and released them in limited quantities.

Blu-Ray is objectively better in all facets.

My wife's oversized collection of movies is slowly being replaced by blu-Ray. Well, the Disney ones at least because Disney is a prick and released them in limited quantities.
Yeah Ikr! The Disney DVDs I once had as a kid now cost a damn fortune!

Disney movie club. It's legit. It's how my wife gets all the newest movies for cheaper than most stores (including Amazon).

Disney movie club. It's legit. It's how my wife gets all the newest movies for cheaper than most stores (including Amazon).
Yeah I know about that but haven't really tried it. How'd you know I use Amazon for shopping? O_O

When my dvd player died, I went ahead and splurged on a bluray player and I haven't regretted it. O_O MOST of my thousands of dvds are just dvds though, cause we haven't had it long (or rather, for awhile I stopped buying stuff cause I ran out of shelf space).

I still tend to buy dvd for most things, though, unless it's something special. Like my Disney classics, or movies I just fucking LOVED. Blurays are pricey fucks. >:[

Reactions: Windsong
All the cool kids are still using VHS.

My BluRay collection is tiny. Its like Bedtime Stories, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Sengoku Basara seasons 1&2.

Its easily crushed by my DVD and VHS collection. I need to update my collection, but... money. >.>;

Status
Not open for further replies.