Bloody Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We're in an inn. I'd rather not have to pay for damages." Kaya said, putting the sword away. She looked out at the setting sun. She probably lost a days worth of travelling, but it was worth it if she helped Onyx.

Onyx followed her gaze out the window, and to the setting sun. His mind was on something else completely different, however. "I suppose that's fine." His bodily tattoos would glow a slight dark red now, the same as his eyes would, but this seemed permanent. "Do you mind if your helper stays here for the night? I don't have the best idea of where I am exactly."

"I would be mad if you didn't. I paid for the room already. It would be a shame if you didn't use it." Kaya said, pulling out a small notebook and a charcoal pencil. She wrote something down, looking through the different pages as she did.

When Kaya started to write, Onyx took his time examining his surroundings. So far, all he saw was a single bed at the wall and a table set with two chairs. Assuming he had to be a gentlemen, he sat the chair and pulled his hood over his face to shade from the room's light. He would literally sit there for the entire night, pretending to sleep.

"You aren't going to use the bed?" Kaya asked. She didn't look up from her writing as she flipped through it. It looked almost like spells as she wrote furiously. A hand ran through her messy hair, sighing.

"A proper warrior needs a firm bed." He stated firmly, his eyes closed. "If you really plan on taking on the demon lord yourself, you'll need all the rest you can get."

"Alright, alright..." Kaya rolled her eyes as she closed her book and put it away. She walked over to the bed and lay down, closing her eyes. "Good night, Onyx." She closed her eyes and slowly fell to sleep.

Onyx closed his eyes, but couldn't sleep at all, the entire night. Still, he stayed in that one position, until the sun rose. The light shining on his face notified him that it was time to go, so he stood up quietly, making sure not to wake the sleeping Kaya, and made his way out of the Inn. He had left a note on the table stating that he would be in the fields outside of town that morning, and that's where he went.

Kaya woke up a bit after the sun came up. She noticed the note and read it quickly. Grabbing her newly acquired sword, she ate a piece of fruit quickly and started walking to the field.

Kaya would find Onyx resting under an isolated oak tree in the middle of a field, surrounded by farms. A shadow was casted over his face, hiding his motion as he laid back facing the blue, breezy sky. He sniffed a few times, picking up on Kaya's scent easily before she had the chance to get close. It was around that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.