Bloody Melodies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He glanced over at the picture and shrugged.

"She was a fangbanger. Like every other fangbanger, coming in for a good time and a little danger. Come to think of it, I saw you here once. Shouldn't you addicts know each other better? Little get together?"

It was the truth, from what she could hear. Insolent as it was.

To her threat, he added lightly.

"So you know, I'm currently covered by the White Court. Nothing you lot can do about it, unless you throw the first punch. And lemme tell you darling, from where I'm standing thats a bad idea."

@Michale CS

"Once. I was here once. It was the night they had to bring the Archon in, if you recall." Melody said. And indeed, they did have to call extra muscle in, because the vampire who fed from Melody had gotten out of control on her Muse blood and even after Melody had shattered his eardrums and ruptured his corneas with her retaliation, it took several strong vamps to keep him down and the Archon was called in to make sure everything was under control.

She ignored his response to the threat nearly entirely. "And yet, you told me the truth. Thanks." She motioned to Lucifer. "We're done here. Let's move on to the Lounge."

@Saint Guillotine

The lounge was more low key unlike the main area. Shadowed alcoves and booths showed this place to be more about seduction, as smoke wafted in the air from hookahs and other such items. Opium and rich tobacco among other scents choked the air as now and then, a flash of milky skin, dusky eyes and whispered intonations came to their hearing. Melody with her abilities in particular hearing quite a few risque conversations before someone gestured to them to join her.

Sitting at her booth, a hookah at her side she purred.

4f2ab258d1ba4a72b474694fafc375ef.jpg

"You seek out information on our dear, departed Oinaze King? One of my old favorites personally- But its not really the issue here. Information here, like anything can be had- It simply requires a price to be paid. Especially considering the connotations."

She glanced at Lucifer before he was about to speak, waiting a bit before looking at Melody as the former understood...She was testing Melody.

So he decided to be quiet for now.

@Michale CS

She indeed knew that this was a test. And what the price might be, so she decided to confirm, and take charge of the situation.

images

"I'm not one for circumlocution, so let's just put all the cards on the table. You have information I want, and I'm going to venture a guess that what you want from me is for me to be a donor. First off, I'm not human. I'm not even a mage. I'm a bloody demigoddess, and because I'm that potent, the only way I see that playing out is with Lucifer supervising in case things get out of control. But bear this in mind - I need to be in good enough shape to function afterwards, and if we find out that your information is bogus, there will be both Heaven and Hell to pay." It was only the slightest of exaggerations, because Melody was a Muse, descended from the gods on some level.

Melody concluded by asking, "Are we quite c!ear on this?"

@Saint Guillotine

She indeed knew that this was a test. And what the price might be, so she decided to confirm, and take charge of the situation.

images

"I'm not one for circumlocution, so let's just put all the cards on the table. You have information I want, and I'm going to venture a guess that what you want from me is for me to be a donor. First off, I'm not human. I'm not even a mage. I'm a bloody demigoddess, and because I'm that potent, the only way I see that playing out is with Lucifer supervising in case things get out of control. But bear this in mind - I need to be in good enough shape to function afterwards, and if we find out that your information is bogus, there will be both Heaven and Hell to pay." It was only the slightest of exaggerations, because Melody was a Muse, descended from the gods on some level.

Melody concluded by asking, "Are we quite c!ear on this?"

@Saint Guillotine
Her reply...Was to laugh quietly.

"Brave words girl. But even gods die here- And its not your blood I want."

She inhaled deeply from her hookah, blowing out smoke in their faces as she smiled.

"You seek out the cause of your friends death, but I wonder how well you knew her? What I want to know is why you seek her...Why is she so important to you? She is dead, so what? People die every day whether from the prick of a dagger, the burn of the stake...Or in ignominy, as they are forgotten and dwindle into obscurity."

@Michale CS

"She was at best, a casual friend of mine. I don't like seeing friends die, but what made her more important was this man right here." She pointed at Lucifer. "A Church Executor, looking for information about her. That made me think that there is something bigger than another unfortunate fangbanger death."

@Saint Guillotine

Last edited:
She continued to smoke quietly, considering the casual interest it was done in before she spoke quietly.

"For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."

Her eyes flicked to Lucifer as she cocked an eyebrow.

In turn, Lucifer nodded solemnly.

"Ecclesiastes chapter one, verse eighteen."

"The person you seek was one of our dear donators, yes. But she had a very, special sort she associated with. The reborn Black Court of Vampires. I'm sure you're familiar with their lot at least, Executor."

"Yes. Reformed and consisting of many, since the fall of the Red Court in their war against the White Council of Wizards. What of them?"

"She was constantly visited by a Nosferatu, and it seemed to be quite the unusual friendship as well. She cherished his puzzles and he, her mind. Many were the scholarly arguments they'd have together- If there is anyone who might help make a connection, it might be him? His name is Jarven...And he lives in the Underground."

@Michale CS

"Thank you for your information." She said sincerely, then turned to Lucifer.

"I think we have what we need, but I would be remiss if we didn't have at least one turn around the dance floor before we left?" Melody extended her hand to Lucifer as they departed.

@Saint Guillotine

"I'm not much of a dancer."

He admitted freely, regardless he extended his arm to her nevertheless as he added dryly.

"Especially not this free sort."

@Michale CS

"Then dance like you know how. I'll provide the music." Melody assured.

Then, no matter the style of dance he fell into, be it a waltz or a tango or anything between, the sound around them would somehow weave itself into the perfect accompaniment for their dance.

@Saint Guillotine

Status
Not open for further replies.