Bloody Melodies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunters in the Hidden World were a strange mix of fringe scum and tolerated tool. Sometimes useful, mostly looked at in the same way you might to a co-worker who announced he liked to wear peoples faces after skinning them.

But they made wonderful security and were a dark horse in the world of supernatural factions, though many eventually joined organizations for a more legit background.

Eve was a nice enough sort, as she grinned and gushed.

"Ooooh, is he cute? What race? I keep telling you to try a troll one of these days. Gnarly faces, but great in- One sec."

Keeping pace with Melody, she barked an order to two wooden constructs.

"Potential fracas brewing, check it out."

Melody had her full attention as she grinned.

"Don't suppose you good for a double date? I wanted to introduce you to someone. Great guy, works as a butler for some magus who throws great parties! Baachus style, nudge-nudge, wink-wink?"

@Michale CS

"Half-Vampire, if you must know. And... wait, this butler for a mage, who is this guy?" Melody asked, stopping and keeping Eve's attention, maneuvering to lean against one wall, so that Eve would have to look away from part of the hallway if she wanted to maintain eye contact with Melody.

Meanwhile, in the room, Lucifer, and only Lucifer, would hear - "Ran into more sentient security. She's my friend, but she would totally stop you if you came out of that room and she saw you. If you have a way of getting past us unnoticed and back to the main room, now's the time to do it, because I can only stop the sound of your passage. The sight part is all you. Also, you're my date for tonight and it might be a double. Apologies in advance."

"Human with a touch of Fae. He's got the eyes and the fingers." Eve winked lasciviously as she added with a laugh.

"I think it makes his job a lot more easier. Anyway, his name is Earl. I met him at a bar run with some friends, we shared a few drinks. Next thing I know, I'm waking up in his loft and he's making me breakfast in bed. I figured I'd see where it goes, guy like that."

Pausing amiably in their walk as she turned to Melody, she smiled and added.

"You know, I've always felt like I got nothing to prove, you know? I like being me, big and tough and rough....But when I'm with him, I want to be more...Approachable. Cinderella style, you get me? But he likes me as I am and it just makes me all tingly inside."

She blushed and laughed low as she looked at the ground, rubbing the back of her head.

"Thanks for not laughing by the way."

"Excuse me."

And suddenly, right near the two after walking out of an alcove, was Lucifer. A smile on his face as he reached for Melody's hand, kissing her knuckles once in affection.

"But I believe you have my date hostage."

His cross was gone, hidden in his pocket and he had unbuttoned his top collar a few rows down. This gave him the look of someone with a Matrix style of dress- Odd, but it suited him greatly.

At any rate, Eve was stunned before she put two fingers in her mouth and let out a shrill, appreciative whistle. As much approval as to tease Melody as she winked.

@Michale CS

Melody shook her head at the not laughing comment. "You forget. You didn't laugh at me when I went on that date with Pierre. This is nothing in comparison." Pierre was a French shifter, but an unusual type - a wereskunk. Melody's date with him ended with Melody taking a bath in tomato juice and going to a witch the next day to finish the de-skunking.

"Listen, Eve. Can we do the double another time? I'd rather have him to myself the first time. You understand, right?"

"Not at all! I understand- Hey, we got some backup plans. I'll get em rolling and you two can head off early. You there! Shes a friend of mine, so treat her right. Have fun Melody!"

And with a cheerful wave and a more perky step, off she walked as Lucifer waited and then remarked aloud as he offered his arm.

"Interesting friend. I was worried she'd recognize me, but your words seem to have driven recognition out of her mind."

@Michale CS

She took his arm and nodded. "I may have had a little to do with that on a deeper level. I tend to be able to direct conversations the way I want them to go."​
"Why would Eve know you? Professional experience?"

@Saint Guillotine

"Yes." He said simply, which was all he'd say on the matter as he led her out of the club and into the underground streets of the troll market. All the while, trying to ignore a few of his own instincts as he inhaled deeply and frowned.

"The Queens Table you called it? I've never actually been there...I've a few people I rely on for my blood needs. Is it on the surface or in the market?"

@Michale CS

"Okayyy." She said in response to his simple reply.

"It's on the surface, but less than a block from the entrance to the Market. Surprised you didn't know about it."

@Saint Guillotine

"They've been behaving themselves lately...So I do them a favor and don't wander in, unless brought to my attention." He said calmly before adding.

"That said, I'll admit to some...Discomfort. A lot of bodies, a lot blood offered and desire wafting with potential violence triggers all my worse instincts." He looked at her as he added.

"If anything happens-Though I doubt it will, despite it, please stick close to me. I'll try to hold off whatever might come for you then."

@Michale CS

"Well, the protection is appreciated, but I can take care of myself." She replied, though at the same time she was playing the part of the date.

"Also, interesting that you asked me a trick question. You knew where The Queen's Table was, and what it's about but you asked me where it was. I guess you don't trust anyone in your job, now do you?" Melody teased as the two made their way out of the speakeasy.

"Not especially." He said candidly.

"Its nothing personal, but till I know someone better in my line of work, I have to be sure. Especially when someone says they don't indulge in that sort of thing, yet knows the workings and clan type for the place in general."

That said, he added.

"I understand your wish to be less-then-candid where one such as I am concerned though."

@Michale CS

"That, dear Lucifer, is the attitude I'd hoped you have. Remember when I told you how good my hearing is? My memory is quite good as well. When one can listen to an entire room full of people at once, one hears the most interesting things. Plus, yes there's a reason why I currently do not donate to the after hours blood drive - I tried it once. It turned out to be counterproductive for my recipient, as there was a loss of control and, well, I had to defend myself." Melody admitted.

"Besides, you should know that the bards hear everything anyway." She smirked, giving him a wink.

@Saint Guillotine

defb225f5dab79594c1ba67b5e8a2fa4.jpg

The music hit them the moment they stepped inside. A melodic, hypnotic beat that enhanced the shadows all around, little oasis of light by the florescent lights that shone down upon the tables. Transactions of all sorts taking place as all eyes turned to the duo. One of whom was a former donator who caused a ruckus.

The other, a person of authority who had no place here. But they were Clan Toreador and their supporters- If anything, they and the White Court they were connected to knew how to put on a show. And a woman clad in a dress that left little to the imagination stepped forward as she bowed and smiled brilliantly.

"Welcome Father. And guest- How may we assist you today? A feeding? Or perhaps-"

She flicked her gaze between the two and smiled.

"-A room?"

@Michale CS

"The room can come later, dear, though the thought is quite appreciated." Melody replied. "We're just here to take in the sights, for now. Lucifer was going to show me around, wasn't he?" She looked over to Lucifer, and whispered to him briefly, in a voice only he could hear.

"Make the rounds of the room. There's so much clamor here I can't get a clear reading on the whole place from one spot like I usually can. Maybe I can overhear something that will help us."

Melody pulled back and gave Lucifer a seductive smile, and a little wink, to lead others to draw their own conclusions on what was said.

@Saint Guillotine

He nodded in turn. The smiling Representative spoke.

"Please. By all means, move as you wish. We have but one rule...No violence. No harassing of our employees and donators. You'll find also Father, that everyone of them is here of their own free will. No tricks or magic to lure them in."

Lucifer said nothing, merely fixed her with his steady gaze before tucking his arm into Melody's as they began to move around.

Locales

Bar

Lounge

Dance Floor

Upper Levels

Hot Tub Area

Dining Area

Passing through the dining area, Melody would hear whispers from the customers paying attention. Mostly of an angry nature, highlighting one of the political truths. The Courts were restless, some wishing for more than what they currently had. And they saw the Church in particular as...Well, less than ideal, would be the most polite way to put it.

The rest of her senses would be filled with hedonistic aura and desires, lust and appetite filling the air as beautiful men and women lounged on tables, fed and mounted by those who paid for them.

Which area does she guide them to next?

@Michale CS

"I think I might be a little thirsty. Why don't we hit the bar first? You can't be the only one getting a drink tonight, right?" Melody said to Lucifer, staying in character yet letting him know where she wanted to check next at the same time.

She played it up, but as they had passed through the dining area, she committed those voices to memory so that she would be sure to recognize them again if she heard them. Being a sound mage, she might even be able to mimic those voices passably if it came down to it, so she paid enough attention to them to make that a possibility before they got to the bar area.

@Saint Guillotine

1f1a2ce06961a76d194c40d1d46376c5.jpg

After hours, the place was closed to the Mundane Public and for good reason. So a few felt comfortable in letting their glamour turn off, in the presence of only their sort of people. Take the bartender for example, who exuded an atmosphere of desire and beauty. An Incubus who raked Melody with an open air of appraisal before grinning at Lucifer who he seemed to know.

"They keep getting prettier and prettier my friend."

"We were never friends, Sitrahm."

Was Lucifer's terse reply, the demon laughing as his hands whipped up a drink and slid over to Melody, making it a point to caress her fingers with his own as he winked.

"On the house. And do ignore my friend here, he's a little sore from our last encounter. But as you see-"

He lifted up his right arm, displaying a silver chain charm around his wrist.

"-I'm being a very good boy as it is....Or do you like them bad instead?"

Unless Melody dealt exclusively with demons, the significance of the charm would escape her, though the symbol of a lion entangled with a human would catch her eye.

Lucifer scowled.

How does Melody respond?

@Michale CS

"Hercules and the Nemean Lion. Interesting symbolism there. Are you compensating for something?" Melody said, letting the words roll off her tongue in a tone so utterly pleasant that the Incubus had to know from his experience that there was a little magic behind them.

Melody picked up the drink and politely sipped a tiny bit, and fine tuned her hearing to lie-detection levels when paying attention to his response. Of course, she wasn't sure that even her hearing could pick a lie out of a devil's speech, but she was going to give that the old college try.

@Saint Guillotine

"Ooooh, nice guess. But no. Its one out of twenty-two, but its not why you're here, right? Lucy-babe, why don't you brood out of earshot? I really want to talk up your latest-"

He paled suddenly as without warning and in a blink of Melody's eye, Lucifer embedded a Black Key up to the hilt into the counter, the blade between the fingers of Sitrahm as Lucifer said quietly.

"A leash you may be put on now. But just give me an excuse, any excuse. I'd love to put you down for good."

Conquering his prior fright, Sitrahm sneered.

"You're lucky I don't kick you out for damages. Which by the way, you're paying for before you leave."

Lucifer merely gave the Incubus the same, disconcerting stare from before as he vanished the blade, returned the handle to his sleeve and stalked off to the far side of the bar to keep an eye out...And to perform an investigation of his own. Sitrahm would grin and turn to Melody.

"Feed off a few ladies and they never let you forget it. Priests, am I right? So then! What brings a bird like you, with tall, dark and brooding?"

@Michale CS

"Oinaze King." Melody said, showing the picture. "That's what. You know her?"

"Please tell the truth, because I am remarkably good at telling when someone is BSing me and if you do I'll just pass that along to Lucifer who might be just a little less understanding than me when it comes to that." Melody added, smiling sweetly all the while.

Status
Not open for further replies.