Bloody Masquerade [private]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vampire sat in his room the remainder of the night, thinking of possible plans for the safety of those around him. Council meetings were going to be cancelled for awhile, just in case an incident like that happens again. He would have to call in aid, as well as make sure that other vampires were safe. Everyone had to be warned about the newborns, and to keep an eye out for them. Possibly Elena was already doing that, she took care of safety matters such as that and sent out letters to different places. Now everything was real, they were at war.

He had got up from his chair, feeling himself get tired from all of the thinking and stress of the events. Now he slipped into bed, taking off his shirt and his boots. Getting himself comfortable, he knew that he was going to sleep for the whole day. As much as his mind was swimming with different thoughts, his body knew that it was tired from all the fighting he had done. From there, he slipped into a dreamless sleep where he would be lost for the entirety of the day.

When it was the day, the shapeshifter who was there the night before had come back to the mansion. The mansion was a little eerie during the day since no one walked around the halls besides the few servants that kept the place clean. They were probably getting rid of the blood stains in the meeting area, which people should avoid for the next day or so. Tuskin could smell the vile blood of vampires from the entrance, but his sense of smell was stronger than most.

He headed up the stairs, following the scent of where Alice was situated in one of the rooms in the east wing. In his hand he held a plastic bag that had to-go boxes from a diner that he usually ate at in the morning. Hopefully she was a fan of pancakes, eggs, and bacon, there was some fruit too. In his other hand he had a cup of orange juice, since not everyone liked coffee. She needed the food, because like he mentioned, vampires weren't cooks. They didn't need to eat to survive like they did.

Once he found her door, he gave a knock and waited for her to answer. "Good morning, sunshine, I have brought food for you," Tuskin announced so she knew that it was him so she didn't open the door to some stranger. Even if he was a stranger, she still met him last night.

The knock on the door almost made Alice jump out of her skin. If Tuskin hadn't spoken, Alice would surely not have opened the door. Even though she knew that vampires weren't out during the day, it was still possible that one had sneaked into the building during the night and waited for all the vampires to go to bed before coming after her. But the familiar voice made her calm down.

She opened the door, and even though she knew who it was, she still did it carefully just to make sure the right person were out there. Once she could see his face through the crack, the door opened completely in a much faster speed. "Morning." She greeted. Usually she put a good in front of morning like all normal people did, but considering the previous evenings event, she weren't feeling good enough to actually put that word into the sentence.

"Sorry for troubling you with this." She then told him, looking down slightly as if ashamed. Tuskin hadn't even been there during the attack, so she couldn't understand why he had become so involved in it. If they had gone with the other plan he would have been even more involved than now, but even if he only fetched her food, it still seemed slightly wrong that he was involved at all. Though considering how he had spoken with Kamijo the other day, it hadn't seemed as if he minded it too much. As if it was his second job or something.

"I hope you're not tired." She then blurted out without thinking. "Since you got called to work so late yesterday. And now you're here early." Alice then explained feeling as if she made a bigger fool of herself than usual. Probably because she still were a bit jumpy after the other day.

Tuskin waited for her to open the door a little more so he can give her a kind smile. After last night, he was going to be nice as he could be towards. The young woman went through a big deal last night, she could have even possibly died. That wouldn't have looked good on the council if a young woman such as herself died in a tragedy. People would go in an outrage, and probably over throw the council all together. At least the worst didn't happen, she was still safe for now. Hopefully they could figure out a plan before a next attack.

"Eh, no troubles at all," he told her, giving a little shrug. Somehow he was used to this kind of thing. When something happened with the council, he was always there to aid them. It wasn't like that he had to, but he just knew that he wanted to. After all, he did owe Kamijo more than anyone could imagine. It was a silent agreement that they never discussed, kind of like an ownership in a way. Of course, Tuskin would never agree that Kamijo owned him. It wasn't like he was a slave to the vampire. He wouldn't even dare to go that far.

Lifting up the bag in his hand, he brought it to her attention that he got her food. "Don't worry about me, I did get a little bit of sleep last night, and that is fine with me," he spoke, letting her know that he was okay, "I just want you to eat, since I have a feeling that you would be hungry. There is no use starving yourself and the vampires won't be much help bringing you food." Honestly, he didn't like the idea of leaving a human with vampires even if they could handle themselves around the smell of her blood. Though he knew that Wixoss would probably have the most difficulty.

"I don't know if you want me to stay or go," he mentioned, since he was waiting for her to invite her in. He knew not to just enter a room without permission, that was just rude and not right, especially that it was a lady's room.

Alice stomach growled hungrily as her eyes finally payed attention to the bag in Tuskin's hand. Almost instantly a blush came over her cheeks. Why couldn't her stomach just be silent? "Thanks." She said slightly embarrassed as she reached to free him from her breakfast, and to finally please her own stomach.

"You can stay if you want, if you don't have anywhere else to be of course." She replied. If she had been able to say exactly what was on her mind, then she would have told him not to leave, that she were afraid of being alone at the moment. If he hadn't come when he did, then she would probably have escaped to the outside and hide in the sun all day.

The girl backed a few steps, so to give him space to come in if he so chose. It was quite a curious situation. two days earlier she had met her first vampire, and the other day she had met her first shapeshifter. What exactly would she meet on this day one could wonder. Just like Kamijo, Tuskin wasn't too bad looking. He didn't look or move as elegantly as the vampires she had met. Instead there was something more wild and alive in him. Maybe because he could turn into some kind of animal. And because he actually were alive in comparison to the vampires.

"So you're a shapeshifter huh. You.. shift shapes. What can you turn into? If you don't mind me asking." She asked him curiously once the door was closed with them both inside. If her curiosity could question a vampire she didn't even know, then of course it wouldn't stop itself for a shapeshifter.

Tuskin stepped in the room as she allowed him to, glancing around for a moment to take in the surroundings. The directions were so old fashioned, he didn't like it personally. He was never one to appreciate old fashion tastes, since he was raised in a modern world. Some people could appreciate it, but he knew that he couldn't even if he tried. That was what happened when someone wasn't appreciative to certain things. A selfish part of him, perhaps.

Sitting himself down on a chair, he immediately made a face, considering that it was uncomfortable to sit in. Hopefully the bed had been more comfortable, or he would have felt sorry for her. At her curiousness of him being a shapeshifter, a small smirk came to his lips. Of course that would peg her interest, especially that he seemed to come out of no where and that he wasn't a vampire. "I can shift into a wolf at will," he told her, being nonchalant over the answer. "Some people are naive to call shapeshifters werewolves, but we aren't the same at all."

"And whatever that book, Twilight, has said about us isn't true," he told her, shrugging his shoulders. It seemed that every teenage girl, and their mothers, read that horrid book. Everything that has to do with vampires were wrong, because they clearly did not sparkle in the sunlight. Shapeshifters did not use the imprint method to choose their soul mates, or whatever it was that they did in the book.

If he wanted to, his tangent about the book can go for awhile. No, he has never read it since he never had the desire to, but he heard about it from teenagers. Such a pointless book that spread lies about the supernatural world. "So, I heard you were at the ball the other night? How was that?" Tuskin questioned, just making small talk with her. He couldn't go because he had to go on duty, since it was a full moon to watch for any werewolves.

Alice also sat down and then opened up her food package. It was pancakes with egg, bacon and some fruits, and a juice to go along with that. Well, three out of four wasn't too bad. She should probably tell him at some point that she were a vegetarian before she got a steak for dinner.

"Shapeshifters? Huh.. I thought they were supposed to be a bad version of werewolves." Alice laughed. She had only gotten to the second movie, and they called themselves werewolves at that point. "At least you don't sparkle." She reminded him. Whatever wrong twilight had done towards shapeshifters, it couldn't be worse than the overpowered, sparkling, stone-like vampires. She took some bites on the pancake and the egg before picking up the fruit and continued on that. The bacon remained untouched though.

"The ball was nice. At least when the vampires stopped staring at me....." She replied to his question before looking up at him with questioning eyes. "Do I... smell different from other humans to you?" She asked, feeling slightly awkward. It wasn't normal to ask a human if you smelled good or not. And even though Tuskin weren't completely human, he still seemed very human. But she did remember that he had a very good sense of smell from the other day. At least he hadn't looked at her as if he wanted to eat her. Though werewolfs and half human stuff in movies usually were more interested in meat than blood.

Vaughn let out a small laugh as she mentioned about sparkling vampires. Yes, that was highly amusing that the series did say that vampires sparkled. If Kamijo were to start sparkling, then he would go into a tight fit of laughter since the vampire was so elegant and serious most of the time. The sparkling would make him think otherwise over the serious part. "Yes, I am glad I do not sparkle," he mentioned, giving a nod of his, still finding it an amusing thought. He also had noticed that she had been eating everything, but not the bacon. However, he didn't say anything.

A brow was raised as she asked him if she smelt good. "Yes, you do, but in a different way," he told her, really not sure how to answer that question without making it seem awkward. "You just have a sweet smell to you, but that's it. I don't have any desire to suck your blood or eat your flesh or anything." The thought of that was actually pretty gross, to drink someone's blood. Vampires needed that to survive. All Tuskin needed was food to survive. He didn't have a blood lust or anything, which was a great thing. If he did, then he wouldn't be able to continue being a cop.

"Have you read Harry Potter, or seen the films?" Tuskin questioned, trying to think of anything modern that actually deemed the werewolf category right. "When Lupin changes into the werewolf, that is an actual correct assumption. Werewolves lose their mind when they turn, having no sense of what is right or wrong. As for shapeshifters, we still have our mind completely aware of what is going on and we don't morph into ugly beasts things." Hopefully that would get the right image across, since JK Rowling actually had a good series and represented werewolves correctly.

So it wasn't just the vampires that could sense the difference in her blood. She wondered if a blood test would show some rarity with her red blood cells or something like that. Though she did doubt that science would be able to explain the strange phenomenon.

"I can't say I'm very familiar with them. I have seen one of the movies but it just didn't get my interest." Alice confessed. She was probably the only person in the world whom hadn't read or seen Harry Potter. On the other hand, she had pretty much missed all the classics. So non of her friends were surprised when she weren't in any of the major fan clubs. "But I see your point." She then added. It wasn't a very hard concept to understand. Werewolves lost their humanity at a full moon and shapeshifters were just badass and could turn at will while still keeping their humanity intact.

"Wow... Vampires exists, shapeshifters.. I can probably assume werewolves now. What comes next? Faeries and witches?" She laughed jokingly but then stopped herself and looked questioning at Tuskin. "Do they exist?" Vampires had been a given for years now, but shapeshifters were completely new and had never been introduced to the world. Neither had werewolves. So who were to say that something else couldn't be out there without being known to the world?

The pancakes and the fruit were already gone, and now she was finishing up the egg.

It boggled Tuskin that she hasn't read Harry Potter, and only have seen one movie. That wasn't normal, since he usually found people to like that series because of the magic and adventure. Hell, he even enjoyed the series and he wasn't afraid to admit that fact either. Harry Potter was a book he read back when he was younger, but he still remembered the good parts of it. The perks of having a good memory, that was made him a great cop since he retained information quite well.

At the mention of witches and fairies, that made him laugh slightly. That was too into the supernatural world that was certainly fiction. "Fairies are make believe creatures, they don't exist in this this world thankfully," he mentioned. Fairies would have been scary if they were real, he could imagine them being annoying little things. "Witches, however, are real. They use voodoo crafts and such, but they don't bother anyone unless you bother them. They blend in well with society, so we just don't bother with them."

He noticed that she completely avoided the bacon all together, and he just took a piece, not bothering to ask that she was going to eat it. If she were well avoiding it, then he knew that she wasn't going to eat it. "Do you have any other questions? I am sure I can answer most of them for you," he said, now taking a bite of the bacon. Answering questions is what he actually enjoyed, since he did have a vast knowledge of certain things. It proved that he read a lot, or just had personal experiences with certain things. That was what he got for being part of the supernatural world, nothing was normal to him.

It wasn't surprising that witches could blend in in society without much trouble. After all, they probably didn't have to hide from the sunlight, turn into an animal at a full moon, or some other perk that could give them away. As far as the stories told, witches were just like humans but with magic powers. So the only thing that could reveal them was their own carelessness.

What was surprising was that they existed at all. The world had barely gotten used to the existence of vampires even though they had been out in the open for many years now, but now she got to know that there were werewolves, witches and shapeshifters too. What other scary creatures would she get to know existed hidden from peoples view? Leprechauns? Shapeshifters didn't seem too scary though. At the very least they seemed to keep the same morals as an animal as they had as a human. So as long as they had good morals, then they should be harmless. Witches was probably somewhat the same. As long as they knew right from wrong, and didn't want to hurt anyone then they should be as pleasant to be around as normal people. So in the end it was only the werewolves that were really scary, and that was only for a few nights every month.

Lost in thoughts she almost missed Tuskin's question, and was quite fast pulled back to reality. "What? No. I mean yes... I mean..." Alice stopped herself and breathed, giving her a second to think about what she should say and not say.

"Sorry.. I don't know what to ask. There's so much." She confessed, slightly embarrassed over having spaced out on him. Luckily she hadn't missed anything he said at the very least. But she did notice that her bacon had started to disappear. "Like, is there shapeshifters for every animal? Even flies? Or is it only big animals? How can the organs and bones shrink, grow and change like that without taking damage? Do you know how vampires work? In that case, do you know if the saying that holy water and the bible and crosses can hurt them is a myth or not? Cause it seems slightly odd that only Christianity were able to take on vampires before that religion were able to spread across the world. And what about silver? Does it hurt werewolves or is that also something odd that people just came up with for no reason? And do they turn only if the full moon is visible or can it be cloudy outsi.." She stopped herself, realizing that she were giving him way too many questions while not giving him time to answer them.

"Sorry. Sometimes it's hard to keep to one." She apologized, wondering if he were able to remember any of her questions, because she barely did.

Tuskin knew that she was spacing out, and he waited. It was a lot to take in, he knew that. When his ex-girlfriend found out he was a shapeshifter, she had the same questions that Alice had. It was unlucky, however, when she got too afraid of the supernatural world. Her mind was erased, and Tuskin was left with a broken heart. That broken heart was gone after a few months, but it still hurt because he did cherish her. When he loved someone, he would love them until he couldn't anymore. It was the romantic side of him.

When Alice was brought out of her daze, she started to ask questions that he couldn't keep up with. There were so many that spewed from her mouth, and he listened as he calmly ate the bacon that she was never going to pick at. "Well, you have a lot of questions in that pretty little head of yours," he commented when she finally stopped, a smirk came to his lips.

"Let me start with us shapeshifters then," he said, leaning back in his seat. "There are many of us who shift into an animal, and one animal only. I shift into a wolf, for example. That is the only thing I can shift to, and I am glad. I only have met a couple of shapeshifters, and normally their animal forms are pretty large. Pretty much the animal a shapeshifter shifts to is an animal who represents them the most."

"As for vampires, I know that driving a stake through their heart can kill them, but you have to fully tear them apart and burn them so they do not resurrect," he spoke, nodding his head as he remembered what Kamijo has told him. "The whole garlic thing doesn't work, the cross thing doesn't work either. Kamijo, believe it or not, is actually religious. He finds it fascinating, some vampire hate that he is. It's just annoying to them because they usually don't believe in a higher power."

"Werewolves can change at any point of the full moon, they don't need to see it to change, but they will be weak if they don't," he commented, then thought for a moment. "Is that all of your questions, or did I miss one?"

So Kamijo was religious? She would never have guessed. Alice's family was a bit of a religious mess. Her father was a Buddhist, though ever since he started to chase vampires he had gone more and more away from the peaceful meditating person he once had been when her mom had met him. Her mother was a Christian, but she did stay out of the church as she thought they had become more and more greedy with the years. Her uncle was an atheist, which did make his sister, Alice's mother, a bit uncomfortable. She thought he might doom his eternal soul or something like that. There were even some Hindu's and other lesser known religions on her fathers side, but her mothers side mainly consisted of Christians. Alice wasn't sure what she should believe. She didn't particularly have a belief in a God, but thought that there might be something out there. So she stayed as neutral as was humanly possible. She would get to know the truth when she died either way, and it was pretty much impossible to know for certain during life. So she would just wait and see.

"I think you forgot something about the scientific explanation to how a shapeshifter can morph into another being without the body taking damage." Alice reminded him. That was the only question she could fully remember. If she had been the one to get the questions then she would definitely have answered less than half of them. Tuskin seemed to have a much better memory than her, or at the very least a better attention span. "But I guess there hasn't been much scientific studies on such things, considering no one knows of your existence yet." She then said, kind of having to remind herself of that fact.

Just because you could do something didn't mean you had to know why you could do it. People walked on two legs for thousands of years without knowing the scientific reason for why they had evolved to walk like that. And if no shapeshifter had become a scientist and started to do tests on themselves and their kin, then how would they know anything about their changes?

"Speaking of which.... Why didn't you come out when the vampires did? Wouldn't it be easier if people knew and you wouldn't have to hide? It would certainly not be as much of a riot about it as when they came out. You're not living on peoples blood.... or flesh." The last word did make her shiver a bit. She wouldn't have survived long as a vampire, or any other flesh eating or blood drinking being. Her mind would never allow her to feed on any kind of animal. Maybe in an emergency if she were all alone on an island and would starve to death if she didn't kill a fish. But that would most likely never happen. Especially not since she never left town.

Tusking thought of her question about his body shifting without any harm to his body. That was something that he couldn't explain, his body was just used to changing and it never stressed him out. There weren't scientific tests, so no one would know the actual reasoning. To be honest, he didn't care as long as it didn't hurt. If it did hurt, he would always refuse to shift into that form. "Well, Alice, I shift without any thought of worry about my structure," he told her as a response, crossing his arms over his chest.

Alice did make a point about putting himself out there with the vampires, though he liked not having attention on him. "It is certainly nice not having attention directly on me," he told her, shrugging his shoulders. "Shapeshifters like to keep to ourselves since we have our humanities in tact, we don't go off of animal instincts like werewolves do." That is why he liked when werewolves had the most attention. They were quite destructive while shapeshifters could hide in the shadows.

His phone started to ring, and he let pit a sigh. Pulling it out from his jacket pocket, and answered it without saying anything to Alice. "This is Vaughn," he answered, sitting up straight in his chair. Yes, she heard right, he said a different name than what he introduced himself as to her.

Tuskin grinned at her before looking away as he listened on the line. "Yes, I am investigating the attack on the house... And do not call me if it isn't important, I am busy," he said, now letting out a sigh of annoyance. "Bye." Hanging up on whoever he was talking to, he set his phone back in his pocket.

"It's strange being in this house and using modern technology," he said, letting out a small laugh.

Alice weren't certain if it was good to be so carefree as Tuskin, or if it was on the bother of annoying. While it must be nice to not be bothered by your thoughts wanting to know every detail of how things works, it also felt like they should have some kind of responsibility to figure it out in this technologically advanced society. Especially when they aren't out in the open so that scientist could get some testing done on them. But that's probably when her thoughts went from being innocently curious to mad scientist curiosity.

A phone started to ring and for a second she thought it was hers. But then she realized two things. One, she had turned her phone off so that her mothers desperate attempts to reach her wouldn't be so heart wrecking. And two, she had a completely different ring tone.

She listened to the short conversation, and noticed immediately that he used the wrong name. "I see that Vaughn is skipping out on investigation work to flirt with a nineteen year old girl and eating bacon. Aren't you supposed to be a role model for today's irresponsible youngsters mister Vaughn?" She never thought that she would catch a police man lying like that, so of course she had to tease him for it. She even crossed her arms over her chest and raised one eyebrow to show how disappointing this revelation was. Of course it would be hard to take her serious for anyone as she couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"Am I holding you up from work?" She then asked after a pause, slightly concerned that he might get in trouble because of her.

Tuskin let out a small laugh at her little comments, enjoying the fact that she was using that other name to scold him. Other people called him by that name, since that was how he introduced himself to people. He wasn't fond of being called Vaughn by vampires and other supernatural beings, for some strange reason. Perhaps it didn't sound tough enough, since every vampire he has met had a strange name that fit them perfectly. Though, Kamijo was still such a questionable name to him.

"No, you aren't keeping me from my work," he told her, giving a smirk as he eased back in the chair again. "I am the head of my department, so I have a choice to go into work or not. I told them to call me for important reasons, or if they can't handle an assignment by themselves. I do private investigations, mostly working for supernatural cases."

That must have been odd to hear, since it wasn't really heard of in the police department. His department wasn't really known to other people outside of the police station. When there was something concerning vampires, or anything in the like, they would call him. That is why he knew so much about supernatural beings, he needed to learn about every documented race.

"And yes, they know that I am a shapeshifter in my department," he added on, "That is why I am the perfect man for the job."

"So there's a supernatural department in the police force? Huh, and here I thought it was the vampires that took care of all that stuff." Alice chuckled.

She wondered how much of this her father knew, but fast realized that he probably didn't know a lot. He had never bothered to look up how vampires were or how they lived. He only hunted them. They had lost their souls and turned away from the good. They had to die. What would he think of shapeshifters if he knew about them? Even though they didn't and never had harmed anyone, he would probably find some reason to why they were evil. He just disliked everything that wasn't completely human or completely animal and completely alive. Something in between might not work well for him.

Alice drank a bit from her juice as she thought of how she should continue the conversation. The day before when she had met Tuskin, or Vaughn, whatever his name might be, she had been a complete mess. She couldn't even recall what she had said in his presence. Hadn't she rambled a lot? She was sure she had mentioned her family, but what exactly did she say? Had she happened to slip up about her father? "Did... Did I say something weird yesterday?" She then asked. If she tried to ask him directly if she had said something about her family, that would probably have made him a bit too suspicious of her intentions. "I just have this feeling that I might have said something incredibly crazy. I was a bit out of it."

"Yes, of course we have a supernatural department. Vampires do not take care of everything, they only take care of matters with vampires and human interactions," Tuskin answered, shrugging his shoulders. He started the supernatural department to make sure that werewolves and other shapeshifters, as well as other supernatural beings, didn't do anything too drastic. Plus, if vampires didn't want to handle something, then they called him. That was his job, and he swore to protect everyone that he could.

A yawn came from him, growing tired of just sitting around. He wasn't used to just sitting and talking to someone, he was usually always on his feet and constantly on the move. It was a nice change of pace though, he deserved to relax for awhile. As Alice changed the topic, he looked at her curiously. Then he tried to recall if she did say anything crazy last night, soon knowing that she did say something about her father. "Yes," he said, nodding his head, "You mentioned your father."

He leaned forward in his seat, resting his elbows on his knees and propping up his arms to rest his chin on the back of his hands as he intertwined his fingers. "You stopped in mid-sentence though," he said, observing her for a moment. "I decided not to dwell on it, since it doesn't concern me in anyway. Whatever your father does on his spare time is not of my concern for now unless it is dangerous."

Shrugging his shoulders, he showed that he didn't really care for the topic as much. "By the way, in case you are wondering, Vaughn is my middle name," he told her. "I believe that Tuskin is completely weird for normal people to call me, so I just tell them to refer to me as Vaughn. Just remember, if you have to reach me at the department, refer to me as Vaughn. No one knows me as Tuskin."

Well to be fair, no one knew that there were any other creatures than vampires, thus having them taking care of all the matters seemed reasonable. Until now, when she knew differently. If one day aliens decided to land on earth, or if people realized they had lived among them all along, then she wouldn't be surprised. Nothing would surprise her from now on. That was probably a lie, but it felt that way after having gotten to know of so many creatures hidden in plain sight.

Alice fast turned her eyes down to the floor as he mentioned her father. What might she had said? It couldn't have been too bad if Tuskin weren't even going to mention it. It might not concern him now, but would it concern him later if her father got to know about all the other paranormal beings running around and he started to chase them? It wasn't like her father was following the law when he did his vampire chasing. He killed even the once following the law if he got the chance. Of course he stayed away from the council. They had to make sure not to make a stupid move, or else they might become a meal for the strongest in an act of revenge.

"My dad's a vampire hunter." She told him. Tuskin wasn't a vampire so it felt somewhat safe to tell him. Maybe she was afraid that if a vampire knew about her father, then maybe they would think badly of her. There were humans whom judged people a lot by what their family did, so it wasn't a completely unreasonable concern. Especially when it came to family members who wanted to eradicate a whole specie.

"He works for an organization that wants to eliminate all vampires. They're keeping a low profile at the moment since vampires are so out in the open. But they're waiting the moment when the vampires does something outrageously stupid so they can stir up those feelings even more and make all vampires seem like criminals." Wow, it felt good to get that off the chest. "He would probably have gone after the council years ago if he had thought he had a chance against them." And then he would have gotten thrown into prison for killing vampires that not only were innocent but also had helped humanity by making their race become more humane.

"If he figures out I went to that party, he'll probably check this place out first..." She mumbled. That was something she hoped wouldn't happen. Who knew what he would do while being enraged over his lost daughter?

"A vampire hunter, huh?" Tuskin questioned.

He wasn't sure if vampire hunters still actually existed. There were a few amount of people who hated the vampires, and they would dare to against them. The vampires were hard to get rid of, some had powers that told the future so they would expect an attack. However, vampires of the council wouldn't be stupid enough to try to kill the humans because of various reasons. They would just simply cast them aside like they were bugs.

"Well, if he and his little organization were to strike, I give them luck on that," he said. "You're lucky that I cannot do anything about it now, or I could have arrested him with that information, but he has to attack first before I can." Conspiracy against the vampire council was part of the law, no one was to oppose them since they were keeping things safe between the humans and vampires. The vampire council seemed to rule across the nation when it came to the vampires, and they seemed to be royalty to those who were stuck in the old times.

Tuskin looked down at his watch, checking the time. "So, we have about eight hours until the sun goes down," he mentioned, glancing up at her. "What would you like to do? You know, you aren't bound to this place forever. You are able to go places when you have me around you, we just have to be back before the sun goes down."

Well, that was why she could tell him about it. Even if he wanted to arrest her father it wasn't like he could. Not without evidence that he would attack or an actual attack. And since no attack had even been decided, at least as far as she knew, it was impossible to charge him for a crime. Plus, there was no way Tuskin would be able to find him. When her dad was out on a job, he was unreachable. No one could find him no matter how hard they tried. It was just to wait until he came home, which could be at any time for any amount of time. It was always impossible to know when he would show up, even for family members.

She looked up at him as he mentioned going out. Alice certainly wanted to go out, but was it that safe? "I don't know... I mean, my parents will soon call the police, telling them that their child is missing. If someone sees me outside once that comes out, or if they remember seeing me with you a few days prior, then it might raise some suspicions." She told him. She would call her parents when she knew her mother had gone of to work. She needed the answer machine, there was no way she could talk to her mother. After that they would probably believe that she were running away. Or that someone forced her to tell them that she was running away. Knowing her mother, it would probably be the latter.

"It's during times like these when I wish that a superman disguise worked. Put on some glasses and whoop, now you're just ordinary Clark Kent." She chuckled slightly. The comic book world was certainly something else. In the real world you would have to change hair style, hair color, clothing style, have sunglasses, and just be as far away from yourself as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.