Bloodwrath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Not got time to post now, but since I only have one lesson all day, I've got loads of time after it :P

That wont work. The awakening process (At least, the illegal version that these characters did) is fully conscious. You would know you were doing it. Whether or not you then got time to practice is a different matter.

It wasn't accidentally. It was artificial. Induced. Forced. Like jump-starting your Pontiac with lightning.

And Ruko beat me to it, but that was too good a simile not to use. :smile:

Ok that will work then. If you do decide to actually describe how they become awakened, then common methods are things like a drug injected by syringe into the bloodstream, a tablet taken orally, or even for the particularly poor, having the chest cut open by a crude surgeon and having an electric shock directly applied to the parasite. Note that this method would be much like the backstreet abortion clinics from old England. Very cheap, very dangerous. The tablet is about £1500, the drug is anywhere between £200 and 1000, depending on purity and the surgery is whatever the surgeon decides to charge - probably something around £100.

I'm sorry, Phi, but as written it feels overpowered. So I'm gonna heckle you a little to get a better idea of what you mean. Especially regarding the science behind it.

Firstly, Level 0 means no ability; abilities start at level 1.

Secondly, why is contact with the ground important?

Thirdly, can it be any metal? That's a large portion of the periodic table.

Fourthly, how does her ability let her change the number of protons in an atom? Especially at a mere level 2, my knee-jerk reflex was "I don't want her turning carbon (people) into mercury."

Fifthly, similarly, how can it create matter from nothing? Conservation of energy and all that--unless you meant the literal air, in which case the final level is largely redundant. (Not that redundancy is a bad thing. I think powers are the same from start to finish, they just grow stronger with practice.)

Meh, I was rushing on a lot of that, taking a few ideas from various superpower list sites that held a considerable amount of information on Metal Manipulation powers designed for superheros. So, I really didn't put too much thought into it, I suppose. But, considering that I was in search for a simplistic RP - something a little less complicated that the many I'm already involved, I took that outlook upon what I was doing and ran with it. So sorry for the inconvenience, but I won't be able to work further on this charrie and RP. I hope you guys tear it up though, it looks like it'll be a good run. Thanks for the chance. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.