Bloodswap OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cephalo did you want Karkat's and Nepeta's hives to be set up like Vriska's and Equius' or did you have something else in mind? I have no problem with either I just wanted your opinion

@Cephalo did you want Karkat's and Nepeta's hives to be set up like Vriska's and Equius' or did you have something else in mind? I have no problem with either I just wanted your opinion
ehhhh. Let me explain you a thing (in the nicest way possible because i only SOUND rude):

since hives are the trolls creations inspired by their likes and dislikes and hobbies and, essentially, personalty, i'd say that because of their new histories, they wouldn't be the same at all. like karkat's going to be influenced by his new blood status and probably have a bigger hive set farther away from other trolls much like vriska did. but then everything depends on his personality. (since i'm doing karkat, i'll expand a bit) he's going to be a messy messy person, not giving a shit where things go unlike in canon when we saw his room is tidy as hell but we saw with that dialogue between him and dave that he just ups and takes chairs and shit that's shared between everyone and uses/leaves them where he wants.

tl;dr: i want their hives to be influenced by their newfound blood status and personality changes caused by being in a higher/lower caste but i want it to reflect their personalities.

i think i rambled for way longer than need be but... ehhh you guys can PM me with any more questions you have since i don't think that was actually very clear(?)

I'll be mostly gone this weekend cuz of family stuff, so I will be back monday!

@carcinoGeneticist I’m going to, uh, offer constructive criticism? In the friendliest and least offensive way I can make sound. (don’t worry, I do this for everyone). Inda and I discussed a bit and your Aradia is still accepted of course, but we thought we/I would just offer some helpful suggestions?

Personality:
It feels like Jade Aradia isn’t all that changed from her canon counterpart except for another hobby and hive displacement. Maybe put a little more info about her changes in, answer some questions like: how has being raised as a jade blood change her as a person? The jade caste is the caste that has that whole chastity/holy virgin thing going for them so how does that affect Aradia? Remember that instead of growing up as the poorest of trolls with free reign over her life, now she’s middle class but with special societal obligations where she is expected to be motherly and caring. If she has a love for fashion but still an interest in death, how does that translate into other hobbies? What about fun things like taxidermy (sewing up dead animals, two-in-one!) or self-made animal pelt/fur clothing and accessories? Just some things that don’t make her seem like an Aradia with Kanaya’s hobbies?
You should take into mind this bit of info as well from the wikia and about the lusus but just in general, I thought it was an interesting tidbit: Kanaya was chosen by her lusus on account of her rare jade green blood, and is protected by her from the various threats of the desert that her hive occupies. Kanaya's hive was built underneath the sand, the seed planted through use of her lusus' remarkable burrowing skills. Kanaya's lusus is a Virgin Mother Grub that abdicated from her responsibility of producing eggs. It is an honor to have one become your lusus.

History:
You seem to have left this out entirely (but don’t worry you’re not the only one!) but basically give a short summary on what the life of one Aradia Megido would be if she was born into the jade caste. Any significant events and such.

Hive:
I commented on this on the next page from a question Rin Mico asked so I’ll reiterate here. Hive’s are created by tiny troll children and they tend to reflect their personality. Jade Aradia still has ties to her canon self so I’m assuming archaeological interests (what about digging up a moat or something? Put some dead skulls in that moat and make the skulls pretty with fabric and sewing or something??? That’d be awesome but just an idea I had) and a love for dead things so scattered bones and dug up holes? Channel your inner architect on this one but think as if you’re Jada Aradia. Tie in her interests and think about what a little kid who likes dead stuff and clothes would make their house look like.

Well that’s it, I think.

@Indabayou Going to make you feel better and nitpick yours. No need to feel ambivalent any longer.

I think you forgot to address the history bit of the CS? Tsk tsk, Inda. Honestly, can we just make those two different sections or something?

Hive:
Describe the rundown hive more? I mean I get that Spidermom is too big for the communal hivestem, but did Vriska just shove her lusus into a nearby cave and live in a tiny hive or something? Did Vriska make the hive rundown when she created it? I mean hive-creation and all. Something Spartan-like and efficient? Or do you mean something else? Like did she never have the opportunity to make her own hive because of her lusus and poor station in society?

Strife Specibus:
I have no problems to be honest, just want to comment on the irony of max-efficiency!Vriska wielding clackers of all things. One of the hardest to control toys I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. It’s not even a childhood trauma. It’s like getting trauma from watching other people get trauma.

And that’s a wrap, Inda. Hope you’re not ambivalent any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Indabayou
@carcinoGeneticist I’m going to, uh, offer constructive criticism? In the friendliest and least offensive way I can make sound. (don’t worry, I do this for everyone). Inda and I discussed a bit and you're Aradia is still accepted of course, but we thought we/I would just offer some helpful suggestions?

Personality:
It feels like Jade Aradia isn’t all that changed from her canon counterpart except for another hobby and hive displacement. Maybe put a little more info about her changes in, answer some questions like: how has being raised as a jade blood change her as a person? The jade caste is the caste that has that whole chastity/holy virgin thing going for them so how does that affect Aradia? Remember that instead of growing up as the poorest of trolls with free reign over her life, now she’s middle class but with special societal obligations where she is expected to be motherly and caring. If she has a love for fashion but still an interest in death, how does that translate into other hobbies? What about fun things like taxidermy (sewing up dead animals, two-in-one!) or self-made animal pelt/fur clothing and accessories? Just some things that don’t make her seem like an Aradia with Kanaya’s hobbies?
You should take into mind this bit of info as well from the wikia and about the lusus but just in general, I thought it was an interesting tidbit: Kanaya was chosen by her lusus on account of her rare jade green blood, and is protected by her from the various threats of the desert that her hive occupies. Kanaya's hive was built underneath the sand, the seed planted through use of her lusus' remarkable burrowing skills. Kanaya's lusus is a Virgin Mother Grub that abdicated from her responsibility of producing eggs. It is an honor to have one become your lusus.

History:
You seem to have left this out entirely (but don’t worry you’re not the only one!) but basically give a short summary on what the life of one Aradia Megido would be if she was born into the jade caste. Any significant events and such.

Hive:
I commented on this on the next page from a question Rin Mico asked so I’ll reiterate here. Hive’s are created by tiny troll children and they tend to reflect their personality. Jade Aradia still has ties to her canon self so I’m assuming archaeological interests (what about digging up a moat or something? Put some dead skulls in that moat and make the skulls pretty with fabric and sewing or something??? That’d be awesome but just an idea I had) and a love for dead things so scattered bones and dug up holes? Channel your inner architect on this one but think as if you’re Jada Aradia. Tie in her interests and think about what a little kid who likes dead stuff and clothes would make their house look like.

Well that’s it, I think.

@Indabayou Going to make you feel better and nitpick yours. No need to feel ambivalent any longer.

I think you forgot to address the history bit of the CS? Tsk tsk, Inda. Honestly, can we just make those two different sections or something?

Hive:
Describe the rundown hive more? I mean I get that Spidermom is too big for the communal hivestem, but did Vriska just shove her lusus into a nearby cave and live in a tiny hive or something? Did Vriska make the hive rundown when she created it? I mean hive-creation and all. Something Spartan-like and efficient? Or do you mean something else? Like did she never have the opportunity to make her own hive because of her lusus and poor station in society?

Strife Specibus:
I have no problems to be honest, just want to comment on the irony of max-efficiency!Vriska wielding clackers of all things. One of the hardest to control toys I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. It’s not even a childhood trauma. It’s like getting trauma from watching other people get trauma.

And that’s a wrap, Inda. Hope you’re not ambivalent any longer.

I think I originally had personality and history sections separate, I'll have to fix that. I will also fix the part about her hive. I had extra stuff on it but forgot since it was so long ago. As for her weapon of choice, i was gonna go with army knife but that seemed too easy. Clackers are near impossible to master (a great challenge for vriska) and also serve as a way for her to capture trolls to bring back to mom (like bolas, she can throw them to tie someone up). Hope that makes a bit more sense in why I picked it. My cs changes should be up Monday.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Cephalo I think the holy/virgin/chastity was only a Maryam thing and not a jadeblood thing (maryam- virgin mary, and kanayas sign is Virgo) the jadebloods are still linked with motherhokd cuz of the whole brooding cavern job thing, but I'm p sure the other stuff is all maryam biz

how's everyone doin on CSes and stuff? I was gonna art but I got mad at my tablet and ate a bunch of popcorn instead :I

working on it.

where are all the other people from the interest check though? I liked them

but they have gone and i know not where

Sorry I'm here just having some trouble

Cephalo, I mean it's just a Bio so I mean, it will be different, trust me. She is more like how Jade bloods are, but also a bit like her regular self. I mean when we start actually rolplaying, she will be different.

You guys are so silly :3 no im just having a bit of trouble with the CS

You guys are so silly :3 no im just having a bit of trouble with the CS
ah, okay. If you're stuck at all, we could brainstorm some stuff here or in pm if you want

Cephalo, I mean it's just a Bio so I mean, it will be different, trust me. She is more like how Jade bloods are, but also a bit like her regular self. I mean when we start actually rolplaying, she will be different.
I think what we were trying to get at was that with the bio, we couldn't really see the new/different Aradia you're talking about with the limited info you gave. The reason we'd like the CSes to be more detailed is so we can see where everyone is going with the characters and work out any issues/twists/interactions there could be and benefit the rp. If you have some more detail you could put in, we'd really appreciate it.

I don't like long CSes. I mean I could still do it, but trying to figure out everything really just messes me up so I put what I know for right then and then in the future I could change it or add more either in the CS or in the roleplay. It's just how I am and if you don't like it, I'm sorry but I'm just not changing who I am and how I do things. I don't mean that in a rude kind of way, I'm just saying. I'm sorry.

I don't like long CSes. I mean I could still do it, but trying to figure out everything really just messes me up so I put what I know for right then and then in the future I could change it or add more either in the CS or in the roleplay. It's just how I am and if you don't like it, I'm sorry but I'm just not changing who I am and how I do things. I don't mean that in a rude kind of way, I'm just saying. I'm sorry.
That's fine, and thanks for explaining.

You're welcome. And honestly my character and her lusus are more like Kanaya's but she still has that little... dark morbidness I guess and her jusus will still look like Aradia's but is a virgin lusus just like Kanaya's.

Name: Nepeta Leijon

Blood Color: Indigo

Troll Handle: anglerCatmint [angler: a person who fishes with a rod and line and Catmint: Related to catnip, but much showier, catmints (Nepeta) are easy to grow perennials that not only have flowers in shades of purple-blue, pink and white, but gray-green foliage that remains attractive throughout the growing season as well.]

Lusus: Bobcat Dad is a grumpy, kinda aloof cat but can be fiercely protective of his young troll. Also has two mouths like Pounce de Leon.
lusus_natur2kintupsi-d75u8dv.jpg

Appearance: Nepeta has long hair that reaches about mid-back which is usually loosely tied back in a low pony tail (see picture) whenever the young troll has work to do. She tends to wear the loose clothing seen for handy work and almost always has on her favorite blood matching shirt that hangs past her waist. She doesn't wear her blue cat hat (it is too childish to wear....at least in public...)
tumblr_mxkh99Tg77rS1r9ee9go3_r1_500.jpg

Personality: Indigo Nepeta is a more sophisticated troll (at least she tries to be). She is pretty laid back about others but stresses constantly over herself. By being an indigo blood and therefore part of the nobility for land dwellers, Nepeta takes it upon herself to act according to her blood color, being serious and proper in the eyes of others. She is self-conscious and cares what others think about her, not wanting to disappoint her fellow caste trolls, and tries very hard to live by the hemospectrum standards, though sometimes she forgets herself. The truth is she doesn't really care about the whole hierarchy of blood color or whether one's a high blood or a low blood. She likes her friends, who are aware of her true feelings yet don't mention it to avoid embarrassing Nepeta. She also has a love for cute things and drawing but refrains from both, only allowing herself into these desires when she is safe and alone in her hive.

History: Every sweep Nepeta tries out to be a ruffiannihilator, but she never succedes. She simply isn't as strong as her fellow trolls, especially the boys. She's starting to focus on being an archeradicator and uses fishing as a way to practice; even her harpoon shooting as improved her aim. Frankly, she has no real interest in being either, but does so because it is assumed for indigo blood to be one or the other.

Powers: Increased Strength (I know it's just for olive blood and under but I kinda consider it a power)

Hive: Unusual for her blood color, Nepeta lives on a low cliff over looking the sea(which would be more acceptable for a violet blood sure, but she can't bear to move away). To make up for this matter, her hive consists of a huge mansion-like hive acceptable for her noble blood. It is more than enough for just herself and Bobcat Dad, but the gaudiness and plethora of rooms is required. It also has a lighthouse structure connected to the house which functions though isn't typically in use.
Portland-Head-Lighthouse.jpg

something like this

Strife Specibus: harpoon kind

Fetch Modus: Fishing Game modus
tumblr_mel6a0QTTw1r510gso1_400.png
images

Like that little fishing game everyone had when they were kids? The one where you wind up the machine, watch the fish spin, and try to catch one with a magnetized fishing pole. Best.
Each item gets captchalogued to a fish. When you want that item, you have to fish for it. Patience is key.
If you fail to find your item before it stops turning, your items randomize in the fish and you have to wind it up again and fish around.

[credit]

Ancestor: The Shipper-Nepeta highly looks up to her ancestor The Shipper who was an ACE fisher troll and ship maker, thus earning her name. She has this amazing mural that takes up a whole wall of Nepeta's hive which holds the pairs of trolls that she made ships for, and man are there a LOT! Nepeta only wishes to one day create a ship herself that is worthy enough to be sailed by a worthy Captain troll, but for now her skill with wood work has her only managing to produce dinghies and smalls skiffs.

Quadrants (if any):
<3
<>
c3<
<3<

Other relationships: tbd

Homestuck style intro: You name is NEPETA LEIJON
You live in a CAVE that is also a HIVE, but still mostly just a CAVE. You like to engage in FRIENDLY ROLEPLAYING, but not the DANGEROUS KIND. Never the DANGEROUS KIND.

wait a minute this isn't right...

Your name is NEPETA LEIJON
And you most definitely don't live in a cave! That would not be appropriate for a troll of your blood color! Instead you live in a hive on a cliff by the sea, which might be a better hive for violet bloods, yet you love it. It is a HUGE hive filled with many of rooms that you haven't even gone in yet and can be kinda spooky, so you don't like to wander around much at night. It has a ton on CAT decor which you think is cute, but not entirely obsessed with. You live here with your lusus BOBCAT DAD or sometimes just BOB when you're feeling affectionate. Which is ALWAYS when you're with him. He is kind of grumpy in the morning and aloof, but loves you and protects you like a worthy lusus. You guys even have tea together! Sometimes you guys even ROLEPLAY, copying the famous plays or movies of worth trolls, such as Troll Shakespeare or Troll Tim Burton.

You like to engage in FISHING, which is one of the main reasons you choose to stay in this hive even though it isn't suited for indigo bloods, an was taught how to do so by your beloved lusus. It us sometimes HARD and can take FOREVER, but is overall a lot of FUN. And It also puts food on the table which Bob likes(his favorite are the giant marlin that swim by on occasion) You also like making SHIPS....in bottles. Is there any other type of ship? You're really interested in making REAL ships one day and maybe become an ACE fisher, but those are just dreams and wouldn't go with your blood color. You like the hobby, but tend to BREAK the bottles in your hands before the ship is complete in fits of violence, which is expected if indigos though largely forced on your behalf. Bob helps the best he can but you should really find a moirail to stop this foolishness...I mean perfectly natural behavior. Sometimes you like to envision the types of ships that would go best with your troll friends and even make little wooden ships and carve of the names of the trolls who you think would make good qudrants with. You shelve these on the wall besides the GRAND MURAL OF THE SHIPPER, one thing left behind by your great ancestor.

Your troll tag is anglerCatmint and :33 your sp33ch precedes itself with the face of your lusus because he is a noble lusus and deserves to be treated with such honor

Last edited:
here's what I have so far. I have no idea what to put for the fetch modus since it was never specified which one the cannon used and for the hive I was thinking maybe a castle like Equius but I'm not entirely sure. Still working on her personality, ancestor, and her strife specibus isn't set in stone.

here's what I have so far. I have no idea what to put for the fetch modus since it was never specified which one the cannon used and for the hive I was thinking maybe a castle like Equius but I'm not entirely sure. Still working on her personality, ancestor, and her strife specibus isn't set in stone.
I think it was like Jade's pictionary modus? I coulda sworn I saw her drawing a bunch of stuff but I can't be sure. You are totally free to make up whatever you want tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.