Bloodlust

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah decided to move a bit, not because she was trying to get away from Millie, but because she needed some support. She moved a bit so her back was up against the wall in the back of the cell. She moved her knees up near her chest and rested her hands on top of them. After a brief moment of thought, she did answer Millie's question. "Of course I am frightened. In a matter of minutes or hours I may be wounded or dead. I could be flayed through torture or at the claws of my own kind. I may spend days, weeks, months, or years here. I can die in an instance or suffer for forever. I am not too used to being at the mercy of another, and now I am stuck in that position because I have been purchased."she answered.
She was a bit tougher than most, sure, but any sensible person would be pretty terrified right about now. Her future was out in the open and she had much suffering ahead of her. She didn't realize how much she valued life until there was a threat of losing it.
----
The guard led him down the walkway between the rows of cells until they reached stairs and began to ascend. They went up and up for a while until they reached a nicer area with many guards and creatures in holding cells for when they'd be released into the arena or transported back to their less temporary cells. There were large metal doors that seemed to be able to slide upwards, the entrances to the arena. Some cheering could be heard from outside, as the current match finished up.
There was a shriek of a dying creature outside and under his face mask, the guard leading Hadrian had secretly become pale. He led Hadrian to one of the doors and waited. Other employees in armor neared and one held a chart. The chart was thumbed through until a description was found that matched Hadrian based on approximate height, weight, species, and a guessing of age. All had been collected and recorded when he had been brought to the market. Not the guards pulled out a syringe and poked it into Hadrian's neck before pulling it out. They had injected a chip with his assigned slave number and owner so he could be later identified with more accuracy. Turns out the person that had bought Hadrian had specified the use of a weapon being allowed for Hadrian, which had cost the owner a bit. In this arena, owners could buy simple weapons and armor and even more advance artillery depending on how well the slave did and how much money the owner had. So the better the fighter, the better the gear.
From one of the metal wardrobe looking containers found around this area a standard short sword was pulled out and handed to the guard who had led Hadrian here.
"Your owner has paid extra to allow you a standard iron short sword. You may use it."he explained briefly, holding onto it until he'd have to uncuff Hadrian and send him off.
It was silent as he awaited his order to release Hadrian. "So..any questions?"he asked when the other guards were out of earshot.

It was very apparent that Sarah was by no means comfortable with any of what was going on. In response to that, Millie once more wrapped her arms around Sarah, herself shaking a little at what was going on. "Millicent, what the fuck are you doing?" Snarled Tybalt. "Stop that this instance, no time for that! Your death awaits you and what do you do? Cozy up to this furry bitch? A plan of action needs to be made!" It was transparently clear that Tybalt was on edge, for he knew that if his host ceased to exist, he too would cease to exist. "Just shut the hell up Tybalt, there's a time for everything." Millie countered, hating the fact that she had to be so bitter when she was trying to comfort Sarah. Turning her head back to Sarah, she smiled softly. "For now my end doth haste. I run to death, and death greets me just as fast, and all my pleasures are like yesterday. I dare not move my dim eyes any way. Despair behind, and death before doth cast such terror and my feeble flesh doth waste. Thy grace may wing me to prevent his art, and thou like adamant draw mine iron heart." Her tone now grew bold, "Death, be not proud, thou some have called thee mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." She had long forgotten when she had heard those lines, but she felt that they were poignantly relevant.
------------------
Hadrian's expression grew cold as he heard the death cry of the creature above. It was one he was all to familiar with, as he had many times heard it when he fed. His eyes now widened when he saw the sword and was informed that he could use it. "Oh hell yea." he muttered quietly. He had a feeling that things were going to get a hell of a lot more interesting.
A darkly familiar feeling was clouding his mind, and he knew that the lust for blood was rising within him. A low growl started to emanate from his throat and his eyes grew dark. He completely ignored the guard, and his gaze was focused on the door leading to the arena. "Death for them, life for me. Let the blood absolve me of my sins, so that I may sin more. I beg not forgiveness for what I am about to do, for in the taking of one life, another may be propagated."

Sarah tensed slightly when embraced, but made no move to remove Millie. She enjoyed the slight warmth Millie provided in this rather cold cell so she didn't budge much as of now. Also, she couldn't do much even if she wanted to because she felt a bit drained. Her blood felt like lead, coursing slowly through her veins. Her mind was not as acute as she wanted it to be and her eyelids felt too heavy for her comfort. Poor senses or not, Sarah noticed Millie seemed a bit conflicted in her expression and wondered if those weird voices or spirits or what not had been bothering again. She was about to say something when Millie spoke again, something about death. Millie seemed rather passionate, and the wordy language suggested this had been memorized, evaluated by the mind constant times to exact expression and prose, but it was beautiful and morbid all the same. She absorbed the words and relished the passion and energy from the girl.
"Hm, where did you get that from?"she spoke up after a brief pause, putting aside her concern about Millie's voices for now.
-----
The guard looked curiously at the new primal nature overtaking this creature. It was fascinating to him that he got to see such different creatures each day, yet by each passing hour in this dim area he also saw their more dark natures released. Their minds unhinged and morals gone, they would often throw their bodies at their cell bars until near unconsciousness and kill opponents and even cell mates with deadly aggression. He decided to leave Hadrian alone and be careful in releasing him into the arena.
He was given the order to release Hadrian. The door in front of Hadrian rolled upwards and the cheering grew louder. Now the arena was visible. It was a huge oval structure and the floors were sand and littered with blood stains. High above the floor and fighting area of the area were rows or seating areas at different elevations like in a stadium. Since today wasn't a particularity eventful day in the world of mythic fighting, only half of the seats were filled with cheering humans.
The guard slowly pushed Hadrian inside and undid his cuffs. He handed the vampire his sword and just like that, the door came down and separated Hadrian from the guard.

Millie shook her head, "I don't remember, I heard it a long time ago and I guess they got stuck in my mind." She frowned a little bit as she though for a moment. "It's a shame that those words are so relevant now, but I guess that's just they way the world is." Millie wasn't oblivious to the fact that Sarah was resisting much less than she previously had, so she could only assume that Sarah was either simply tolerating it, or she had actually grown to like it. She now let out a little laugh. "I don't think I could die even if I wanted to. Tybalt and Ayleth won't allow it. So at least I have that much to be thankful for." At the mention of her name, Ayleth now started to pay attention. "You're damn right about that, girl" She replied, "Don't you ever think that we would allow you to commit something as selfish as suicide." Tybalt continued for her.
----------
So this was it, either the end of his trip through hell, or the beginning of a whole new inferno. It would be a lie to say that Hadrian wasn't a little excited, along with being a little nervous. His maw thirsted for blood, and he was eager for the sanguine satiation to wash over him. He toyed with his sword a bit to get a feel for it's balance and weight, and he began to swing it around a bit for practice. He could feel the warmth of the sand and his feet dug eagerly into it. "I am no more than a savage beast, stripped of all honor and morality. The crowd wants a show, and who am I to disappoint?"

"Tybalt and Ayleth? Are those the names of your inner spirits or voices er...whatever?"Sarah asked. This whole voices thing and hidden entities that could inflict pain still boggled her mind a bit. She had come across some weird stuff in her travels regarding spirits and souls, but nothing quite like this. She couldn't even imagine how much the voices interacting with the young sorceress. She hoped they weren't plaguing the girl's thoughts and driving her mad. The last thing Sarah needed was a potential ally that was mentally unstable. "Do you need me to try to convince them to back off again?"the werewolf asked, as snarling last time had seemed to help clear the girl's mind.
-----
The ring was about fifty feet long and the same length wide. The sun above gleamed brightly in the blue sky and clouds lazily drifted past, oblivious of the suffering happening on the ground below. The audience had quite some energy as apparently the last round had them pretty buzzed. The human sat in various clumps with most in the front row. Unlike the guards the creatures had encountered, they wore more normal human garb. They wore things like simple shirts and jeans or shorts and some coming from out of the city wore more medieval fashion like tunics and trousers of more bleak colors.
At the other end of the area, another creature entered. Hadrian wouldn't luck out with an easy first fight. At the other end stood a hulking werewolf. It was probably about seven feet tall and currently covered in fur in its more iconic half wolf form. Its fur was a muddy brown and was a bit matted in parts from enslavement. It wore rugged tan trousers and that was all, so some scars were revealed on its furred chest. Its ears were back and teeth were bared and its master had granted the creature a short axe, which it held in one clawed hand. The creature was rather lean and seemed to be a young male from this distance at least.
The creature stalked forwards on its two hind paw like feet in an almost reluctant way, but its eyes still gleamed with pride. Sure it was reluctant to make a first move, but this creature was not yet broken and the pride of a wolf was a strong force to contend with. It was already observing its opponent with keen eyes, its nose twitching as it took in Hadrian's scent. More than likely the young male was more of a commoner, or hunter and not a warrior used to much fighting. Like most of his kind, he could fight, but his eyes and posture held more evidence of an intelligent nature rather than a primal one as of now.

Millie shook her head. "Yes that is their names, and they can stay. At least for now. They could very well be what keep me alive when I get sent out into that arena, hell hole that it is." She once more shuddered at the thought of it and released her arms from around Sarah. Not wanting to stay on this topic for much longer, Millie decided to switch gears. "Do you have any family left out in the world?" she asked, hoping that she hadn't struck some kind of cord that would anger Sarah.
-----------
Shit, shit, fucking shit. A werewolf with an axe, that was not good at all. What Hadrian wanted to do was spread his wings and swoop in for an aerial attack, but he feared that he would be shot down if he flew to high. However, he did flare out his wings to make himself appear larger. Now sweeping them backwards, he took off in a mad dash towards the werewolf, deciding not to waste any time. Both hands clutched at his sword, cocked and ready to swing. Running faster and faster, he leaped in the air when he was about fifteen feet away from the beast and let out a yell as he swung his sword.

Sarah calmed a bit when Millie insisted she was alright with the weird spirit voicey things for the time being, though this topic still troubled her. She felt a bit more comfortable when the embrace was done with, as she was starting to feel a bit more claustrophobic than she already was in this damned cell. She processed Millie's questions carefully. "I do have family. My parents are still residing in the pack where I grew up. I am not too attached to them since I left to join an assassins guild at age 16. I haven't visited them too often and I guess I'm sort of glad. That way I won't miss them too terribly much and they won't mourn as heavily if I get killed here."she answered, choosing her words carefully. She wasn't one to reveal too much too quickly. It seemed as though Sarah wasn't very social and was wary of trusting, but since she was still a pack animal she wasn't one to like being without a group. Though she didn't like everyone in her assassin's guild, that had become her new pack. Now she was more alone and would begin to feel the effects soon and realize how important a pack is to her species.
-----
The crowd cheered its approval and the werewolf looked a bit surprised the vampire had taken to a fight so quickly. This foe didn't seem to want to fight someone in the same predicament he was in, but he would to save his skin. He decided he'd play defense for now. Making a quick decision and leapt sideways out of the way in a large wolfish bound. This placed him out of the direct area where Hadrian was to land. He made it back into a standing position after landing a bit roughly with the displacement of some sand, though his knees were still a bit bent in a readied way. He held his axe in one hand, as it wasn't too big and though lean, he still had the strength of a werewolf, which was superior to most creatures.

Millie nodded in understanding, not really saying much. "You know, despite all that, if you do die, it'll still hit your parents pretty hard." That was probably obvious, although she felt it needed to be heard. Oh well, at least Sarah knew her parents. Looking into her eyes, Millie continued to speak. "I really don't want you to die." she admitted. "I like you to much to want to see that happen to you." her voice softened as she spoke. "Oh blah blah fucking blah." Tybalt sneered, "People die. Shit like that happens in this world. It's to fucking dangerous to be getting this close to someone." Millie was trying her best to ignore him, but she knew that it was only a matter of time until Ayleth joined in.
---------------
"Stand and fight coward!" Hadrian roared as he spun around after landing. He was beyond moral ramifications, beyond caring for the life of his opponent. Now, it was sheer survival. That, added on to the fact that he thirsted for blood, made for a deadly combination. An evil smile played across his lips, fangs out in full display, tongue drooping, ready for it's libation. "One of us must die coward, and I'm fucking determined to make sure that it's not me. I suggest you start fucking swinging before this sword goes right up your ass." With that, he charged forward again, sword in one hand, for now settling on a strategy of light swings and blows to wear the werewolf down.

Sarah was still in a haze from the sedative, so she looked a bit weary. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She was in no mood to think too much about impending doom and how her parents may mourn her, even though they'd never know if she was captured, missing, or truly dead. She knew they were strong enough to not be held back too much. Sure werewolves had close bonds, but they knew their deceased would join the pack in the sky to hunt with the ancestors so their grieving may be shorter than most species.
Sarah wasn't sure what was up with this girl becoming so close to her. Sarah was still convincing herself that any form of attachment was dangerous here and she sure wasn't leaping to make any commitments. For now she'd let the girl be a potential ally if she proved worthy, then she'd be an ally. There wouldn't be too much more than that so long as Sarah could help it, well, that's if she could. That was her plan. She was in no mood to become close to someone that was so close to death in this situation.
----
"Coward? I am a coward to not want to spill the blood of a brother for the amusement of the people?"the werewolf returned as he gripped his axe tighter and crouched in a way that meant he anticipated Hadrian to attack. When Hadrian did attack, the werewolf decided this vampire had snapped and wasn't to be convinced now, so he swung the blade of his axe at the vampire's arm and dug his claws into the sand with his muscles tensed. He wasn't likely to budge very easily.

Millie had been somewhat hoping that Sarah would at least have said something, and her expression dropped when she got no response. "Oh well, such is the way of life." She sighed as she crawled off to the other side of the cell, twirling some of her hair between her fingers as she sat back down. "I fucking told you bitch." Tybalt said, piping up once more. "Seriously, enough with this lesbian prison fantasy of yours you dumb slut." Ayleth said, siding with Tybalt. "This isn't a fucking fantasy you shit heads!" Millie fired back. "Can't you dumb assholes ever do something useful for once, instead of make me feel like utter shit." She was close to tears by now. The stress of her situation plus the constant verbal bombardment of Tybalt and Ayleth was driving her closer to an emotional breakdown.
----------------
Hadrian leaned to the side as he attempted to avoid the werewolf's axe, and it mostly worked. The blade of the axe just grazed the tip of his knuckles, peeling away some skin and causing a small drop of blood to trickle. "Yes! Yes! This is more like it! Come now, the people want a show! Who are we to deny them?" He charged forth again, wings outstretched, ready to allow their master flight. However, instead of flight, Hadrian shoved the point of his sword straight in front of him and took a spinning leap, wings wrapping around his body as he spiraled towards the werewolf's chest.

Sarah rested her forehead in her hand, which was a bit worn from hunting and wielding weapons. She allowed herself to rest her eyes to help her drowsiness subside a bit. The darkness of her eyelids seemed to help and soon she began to feel like her muscles weren't as loose and useless and parts of her weren't numb anymore. Now that her senses were sharper, her mind began to swim with thoughts yet again. All there was to this place was thinking, waiting, and suffering it seemed.
Anyways, she was deep in thought about her current situation. Right now escape seemed unlikely, though she wouldn't rule that out. She needed to find more allies, preferably more stable minded ones, to help plan in secret and try to get out. So far she didn't have any good ideas and brainstorming wasn't going to help much now, so she let that idea fall for the time being. Her thoughts drifted to her family and friends at home and she wondered if she would live enough to see them again, hopefully not in this place. She dug her nails into her head slightly when she mentally scolded herself yet again for allowing herself to be caught like that. She should have waited it out until nighttime when everyone was asleep, that target wasn't worth her capture and she envisioned fixing that mistake. But alas, it was too late because she was still here in this dreary cell surrounded by others who had met similar fates. Once done with scolding herself for now, Sarah's mind drifted to a dangerous place. She wondered what possibility there was with her and that attractive looking sorceress in here. Damnit! No, no, no1 There was no time for lovey feelings or any sort of bond in this hell. Only death and survival and she planned on surviving.
-----
"We'd be more humane if we didn't allow them to witness bloodsport!"the werewolf returned, his voice a bit youthful but still deep and a bit rough. He growled a bit, mad at the ignorance and blood lust of this vampire. For a split second, he pitied the vampire. They probably starved him out and now he thirsted for blood. The werewolf knew he'd just have to survive. No brutally pulling limbs or anything showy, just keeping his own head on his neck. He watched the quick assault and quickly dropped and rolled to try to avoid the attack. It was successful, but it had been a very close call and he wasn't sure if he could dodge again. He quickly stood up as the crowd cheered. He held his axe and howled his battle cry.
----
Within the cells, others could faintly hear the howling of a wolf. Some other werewolves down the line at various distances lifted their heads and howled too, no matter what form they were in. Others cried for them to shut up and guards banged on cage bars. Sarah lifted her head as she listened, recognizing it as a proud rallying cry. Sarah couldn't help but tilt her head back and release a howl of her own. It was a long and airy howl with its pitch fluctuating a bit. She then stopped as the others did too.
----
Hearing the other howls faintly from deep within the prison underneath, the werewolf felt empowered and awaited Hadrian's next move.

Before the voices could torment her further, Millie found herself clutching her ears as Sarah started to howl. She really wanted to yell at her to shut up, but she realized that it was probably doing something to help with her morale, and in this shit hole, morale was in short supply. "For fuck's sake! Slut, make the other slut... wait, never mind, she stopped." Tybalt didn't say anything else after that, and Millicent was glad for the small bit of silence to return. She could now think, although that really wasn't something that she wanted to do, especially with Tybalt and Ayleth able to hear. All Millie really wanted was to get out of this fucking place. This miserable hell-hole conceived for the sole purpose of holding innocent creatures captive, only for them to meet their fate on the blood soaked sand above. She wasn't made to handle this! She was a timid sorceress that lived her life out in the woods away from others, except for these god-damned voices. Oh what she wouldn't give to be a child once more, safely enveloped in her mothers arms. Fuck, that just brought back worse memories. Her mother and father had been killed and Millie had been told to run into the woods. "Fuck Fuck Fuck!" She muttered into her arms as she covered her face with them. "I can't die, I won't die! not in this wretched place!"
--------------------
"Fuck humane, you flea bitten cocksucker!" Hadrian snarled. His fangs were now out in full show and he was lusting for blood. The wolf's how couldn't have been a good sign and the creature looked as though it felt more resolute towards survival. "You will die! I will live! Fucking simple as that!" Hadrian dug his foot into the sand, propelling himself forward as he tried to stab the werewolf again.

Sarah's thoughts of how the werewolf above was doing in battle were interrupted when she heard Millie mumbling things. Mainly obscenities, but Sarah also heard another statement. At least she seemed pretty determined to live. Some creatures gave up upon arrival and just became unresponsive, or so she had been told. She had heard a lot about the different occurrences and types of people within the area prisons, and now she was living in an arena. She supposed some of the information may do her good. At least she had a general idea of what was in store for her.
Sarah looked over to her. "If you keep your head up and keep a scrap of hope, maybe you won't die. But I wouldn't overlook the notion of death. It is almost inevitable. But not quite. There is still a chance."she spoke up.
----
The werewolf seemed to gain confidence from the howl. He stood in a readied stance and swung his axe down when Hadrian came into range.

'Yea, a chance that we'll fucking die!' Millie thought to herself. She put her arms back down to her sides and looked towards Sarah. "Even if I do get out of here, I don't know what I would even do. I don't want to go back to a life of solitude in the forest. Not with these goddamn voices haunting me everywhere, constantly tormenting and harassing me. Sarah, have you ever felt so alone in the world that you just want to curl up in a ball and die then and there? Just escape the torments of life forever..." Why was she even bothering with speaking her mind to the wolf, it's not like she cares, she has her own problems to deal with.
------------
Hadrian let out a bloodcurdling scream of pain as the axe dug deep into his right shoulder, forcing him to drop the sword. "You fucking shit hole!" he snarled as he fell to the ground. His blood was slowly soaking the sand and his tongue desperately tried to lap it up. Struggling back to his feet, he picked up the sword with his remaining good arm. "Wrong fucking move" he said simply as he slowly walked forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.