Bloodlust

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah was still a bit surprised with how open this girl seemed to be when it came to being close to others. Sarah would never dream of resting her head on a complete stranger or even being so open about everything. Sarah figured in these situations, creatures and people became close because they often had to do so to stay alive. Well, Sarah wouldn't risk much to protect this girl, but even a weakened sorceress was a useful one.
She quietly observed Millie, especially her hair. It was an interesting color, and there was a lot of it. God damnit, why was this girl so attractive? Sarah often had little urges towards women in her guild, but kept her emotions sealed up so they didn't interfere with her work. And now she couldn't turn away from this pretty girl that was resting on her lap. She hesitated before gently grabbing a strand with two fingers and feeling it. Then she let it drop as quickly as she had touched it.
-----
Sam looked up to Hadrian, a light smile paying on his lips. He sat up a little bit straighter. What was he doing? He wouldn't sulk or submit, he would fucking wreck shit and be loud before his life came to a close. What was the point of living if your death is silent and unnoticeable? What's the point of living if you aren't trying. "You know what. You're fucking right."he replied.

"Oh come now, Sarah, there's nothing to be afraid of." Milie said as she rested her shackled hands on her chest. For just a moment, a thought flashed in her mind to take a more aggressive stance on this matter, but decided that doing as she was, was currently best. Really thinking back on it, Milie had ever been even this aggressive with anyone else, so what was it about Sarah that was causing her to do this? Was it their despair and hopelessness? Was it the fact that this could be her last bit of genuine interaction? She didn't know, but maybe pursuing it would yield interesting results. "You know, it's just you and me in this cell, no reason to hide what we feel."
---------
"That a boy, Sam. Give these fuckers hell and never quite. Make 'em pay for doing this to us." Now shaking out his newly freed hands, he felt a bit of his old strength return. "You know..." He began quietly, "It wasn't very smart of them to take off those shackles." Hadrian was picking and scratching at a chink in the wall, trying to get a chunk in his hand, obviously to fuck with some one else.

Sarah leaned back a bit more into the wall, eyes widening a bit in shock. A small growl rumbled in her chest and her lips parted slightly in shock, but she couldn't bring herself to do anything more. Well now this was awkward. Pretty girl pretty much dominating her and telling her they should be close. What the hell. Sarah shut her mouth and relaxed her rigid body only slightly. Thoughts raced through her head. Geez this was getting almost too close for comfort. What did Sarah feel? Fear? Apprehension? No, she feared nothing, especially not his girl. But this girl was attractive and actually much taller than Sarah was.
Sarah cleared her throat a bit. The she looked at Millie with a raised eyebrow and the faint form of a smirk as if asking, Well what are you going to do about it?
Sarah thought this interaction was great and all, but growing close in any way more than allies was fucking dangerous. But for now she supposed she could have her fun.
----
The wall took some working at, but soon a few chunks gave way. Sam grinned and quickly grabbed one. He observed it and turned it over between his fingers before looking around. Hmm...who to throw at. The little vampiric girl who was sobbing...nope, that would be fucking uncalled for. But not the bulky werewolf sitting in a cell across from them.
The werewolf was currently in its half from, resembling the iconic werewolf that could walk on two legs but still had fur and a wolf head and such. He had a dark black, matted pelt and an old slash wound accessory one amber eye. A few of his slightly yellowed teeth jutted out from his jaws, looking capable to tear and crush. His greasy tail twitched as his narrowed eyes looked around, slightly bloodied snout twitching.
Hmm...Of course it would be fucking stupid to become enemies with that dude, but right now it would be amusing. Sam chucked the rock at the werewolf's head. The wolf snarled slightly as the rock hit the side of his head and bounced off like nothing happened. He looked for the culprit as Sam contained his laughter and acted natural.

Millie saw Sarah's smirk and gave a small smile of her own in return. Luckily for her, the chains of the shackles were long enough to allow her to reach her hand up and run a finger along Sarah's cheek. While Millicent might be edging closer and closer to dangerous territory, she didn't give a shit. What had happened to her? Normally she wouldn't dare do such a thing to someone else, but it appeared as though she had somehow changed. Was the abuse of Tybalt and Ayleth finally getting to her? Maybe, but it was actually more along the lines of probably. Her finger was now tracing Sarah's jawline, and Millie was grinning playfully. In the back of her mind, a small voice was quietly saying, "Whatever comes of this is your own damn fault."
--------
Hadrian snorted as he saw how pissed off the werewolf was getting, but for now, they were relatively safe behind the bars of their cell. By now, a few sizable chunks of the wall had fallen beside him and he tossed one up and down in his hand, scanning for a target. Off a few cells down, some large serpent like creature was slithering back and forth, tongue flicking in and out. Cocking his arm back, Hadrian stood up and threw the chunk at the creature, striking it in the middle of its body. The serpent recoiled back from the blow, and hissed violently at Hadrian, who only flipped it off and made obscene gestures towards it.

Sarah's shackles were different. They were very tight and held her wrists together so she couldn't really mover her arms. This made her currently vulnerable to most of Millie's actions. She really didn't know why she was allowing any of this, but it seemed to be relieving her tensions slightly. However, it was odd to her that someone had some control over her. She liked to instigate things, but for now she was stuck with either letting things happen or trying to move away. For the time being, she sat still and up against the wall.
When Millie's touched Sarah's soft cheek, Sarah looked warily at her. She wasn't always too keen to be touched, but was letting things go as far as they curently were because it felt pretty good.
-----
Sam laughed and joined in on the flipping off and other obscene gestures. He laughed an looked to the very pissed off werewolf who was snarling at the two. "You will have to learn you god damned place here, assholes. You'll be ripped to pieces if you act like children."he growled, voice gruff and deep.
Sam just shrugged the warning off and watched the angry snake.

Millie saw how Sarah was looking at her, and frankly, she didn't really give a damn. Her hand continued to trace her jaw, then she slowly lifted it off, still grinning at Sarah. She positioned her head further up on her legs and now looked into her eyes. "Just relax, you know that I won't hurt you, and I know that I won't hurt you. I'm also fully aware that if you wanted, you could tear me to bits in a moment." Her gaze remained in Sarah's eyes. "But you wouldn't do that to me, would you?" She asked innocently. She figured that her answer to that question would give her some sort of subtle indication as to where exactly Sarah stood in all of this.
------
"Listen you flea bitten ass-licker, not all of us can be stuck up shit heads, now can we? You gotta make your own fun in this place. Something you ass-hats have yet to learn." Now, as for the snake, he looked just as pissed off as the werewolf was, but so far seemed incapable of voicing his opinion on the matter. Hadrian figured that in time, everything would be settled in the arena.

Sarah pulled her lips back ever so slightly to reveal one pearly fang when Millie moved her head, but deemed it wasn't too threatening and relaxed her face again. She knew if Millie planned on pulling a move she wouldn't stay to close to the creature that had fangs, claws, and some strength to help.
Sarah's nerves were tingling upon being touched in a way she had never really been touched in. What the hell was happening? Who knows, but Sarah didn't mind it too much. She listened to Millie and kept eye contact. It was true, she could probably tear the girl up a bit if she posed a threat. But for all Sarah knew, she could be buttering her up to hurt her or something. After all, Sarah was unsure how mentally stable Millie was. But for now she hoped she could react in time to any moves against her that may be sudden or threatening. She was still on high alert, though showed it less.
She didn't know if she would brutally tear the girl up. She seemed too pretty to mutilate, but mentally unstable enough to kill if she made a wrong move. "Maybe not. But if you pulled a move on me, I would."she replied as she looked down at the sorceress, subtly warning her to not try anything shady.
-----
"Ass licker? Stuck up shit head?Just who the fuck do you think you are when your pal chucks a rock at my head and you just insult me for warning him?"The werewolf growled back, mouth foaming slightly and fur bristled now.
"I think the puppy is sort of pissed off now."Sam whispered with a quiet chuckle.

'Oh, well shit.' Millie thought. Although it should have been obvious that Sarah would kill her should the reason arise. "Lucky for you, I like you to much to try and do anything." she said softly. That was actually true. Millie had grown to like Sarah, although the feeling didn't seem to be reciprocated. Lifting her hand up once more, Millicent started to reach for some of Sarah's hair, twirling it a bit in her fingers, although the grim reality of their situation kept trying to sneak it's way back into her mind. Once they were sold off, there would be no place or time for shit like this, as they would most likely be to busy trying not to get killed or punished to try and romance each other. "What do you think will happen to us?" she asked, voice still soft.
-------
Hadrian simply shrugged dismissively at the werewolf then glanced over at Sam. "Maybe we should stick to fucking with the guards, as some of these other prisoners could prove to be allies." While fucking with the guards would yield much more painful results, there was an obvious, common hate for the human guards, so no one would care it something happened to them.

Sarah wondered why Millie had liked her so much since all Sarah had done was be aggressive and somehow scare away from weird spirit things. Sarah almost drew away when Millie touched her hair, but again let it happen for some reason. Maybe because Sarah hadn't realized how much she had missed affection. IN the guild the closet form of affection was a nod of praise or a few jokes with a friend. But now someone was actually touching her. Only her parents had tried to do such things to Sarah, and now this strange girl was doing so and the reminder of her parents back at home sapped her strength to resist. She wondered how long it would take the guild, her pack, and her family to discover she had been captured on the job and may never return? Sarah hoped she could return and would fight to do so, but she was smart enough to know it may not be very possible or likely. So for now she would accept affection before Millie or herself ended up dying in some brutal way.
"We will probably be sold off to an arena. Then we will be forced to fight to survive and try to get through torture."Sarah said. Then she added, "Then we either die in a matter of months or so if we can last that long, or escape somehow."
----
Sam had briefly thought of this. Allies in this place were vital, especially because Sam still planned on getting out of this hell hole at one point. The big werewolf dude who looked like he could snap Sam in half if he wanted to, seemed like a good ally choice. In exchange for an ally, he would have to try to apologize for his antics, which he rarely did. "Look, wolf dude. I'm sorry for being a dick to you."he said.
The werewolf's snarl died down slightly. His bright amber eyes scanned Sam for any sort of trick, but currently throe was none. Even the bloodthirsty werewolf knew it was bad to make enemies with other non human creatures. "I accept your pathetic apology. Just stop fucking around."he replied gruffly as he turned away from them.

Millie now placed both of her hands on Sarah's cheeks, slightly bringing her head down. "Before we die, are you going to open up your heart? Are you going to forget the fact that you are a killer trained to repress the emotions meant to discourage murder? Tell me, if not love, are you going to at least let affection back into your heart? At one point or another, death comes for us all, be we a mighty king, or a lowly bug, in time, the cold grip of death will grasp our souls, snatching them away from our corporeal being. For some of us, death gets eager, and takes us early. Sarah, you and I are part of that, our very soul and being tempt death, our lives will be to short not to let love melt a least some of the ice of death." Millie slightly loosened her clasp of Sarah's cheeks, wondering what the assassin would do next. "Let love armor your heart, so that the scythe of death may not so easily cut it away from you."
-------
"I can't make promises, but we will at least try to not be such assholes, to you guys anyway." Hadrian said in turn. "The fucking guards on the other hand..." His voice trailed off as his eyes followed one of the guards that was passing by their cell. "What the fuck you looking at huh? Yea, all big and bad with that padding and your beating stick, aren't you? Take that away and what do you have? A cowardly man who would shit himself at the first sign of danger. You chain us up and make us fight for your amusement, simply because we aren't one of you. You and the entirety of humanity fucking disgust me. Hurry up on your goddamn rounds and get the fuck out of my sight."

Sarah kept her eyes locked on Millie's, face not portraying too much expression as she listened carefully. She savored Millie's words as they fluttered from her mouth and seemed to tumble about in Sarah's head. Holy shit...That was some deep and poetic thought there. She had to digest what was being said. Sarah was now pretty convinced affection may help her slightly in this situation, even when it seemed dangerous. She needed a shoulder to lean on when shit hit the fan, and she could be able to help other out too. It was certainty true that death was really the only guarantee in life, or in other words, one couldn't cheat death no matter their status in the living world.
Ice of death...yes, in her line of work she had become well acquainted with the notion of death. She had almost felt its presence looming over her after a life bled out from a victim. It was dark and powerful, as well as cold, and seemed to sap the strength from her bones and toy with the edges of her soul. It was a depressing, yet somewhat rewarding, line of business, but a gruesome one. Sarah hated humans as much as the next mythic did, but when it came down to the last breath, everyone seems to die in similar ways. A look of desperation, one of realization, maybe flecks of panic or a murmur of protest, but then peace.
Love as armor? What an odd concept. Sarah's only armor was the loyalty she had in others, not necessarily their adoration. But it wasn't a stupid idea, depending on how it was done. Hopefully the scythe of death was swift when it would come. And when the time may, she'd stare death right into its depths and bare her fangs. She would fight as death wrapped around and suffocated her soul, and she would sigh as her snarl died down to a murmur, then to nothing.
Sarah only offered a small half smile, her thoughts unable to escape in any other form.
------
The guard strode over towards the cell Sam and Hadrian were in. It looked into the dark depths of the cell and down at the two prisoners. Its eyes were unseen through the dark visor of the helmet, and the gender unknown under the layers of protection. They tilted their head slightly and observed the two in silence.
Then a voice sounded out, but it didn't belong to the guard.
An old, wizened male voice said, "What good is it to try to torment your oppressors, lad?"
The voice came from the cell next to the one the two were in, and was quiet. The guard focused more on the previously agitated snake for the time being, not ready to deal with punishing the vampire yet.

'Well, she smiled, that's the most I've gotten out of her so far.' Millicent thought to herself as she gazed on into Sarah's eyes. There was just something about them that made it so easy to get lost in them. Although she had a feeling that Sarah wouldn't find that all to amusing. She now sat herself up and positioned herself beside Sarah, deliberating her next move. For a moment, she played with a bit of her hair, but then set it down as she placed a hand on Sarah's leg. "Sarah" She began softly, bringing her face close to hers, whispering "Are you going to allow it? I... I want you to." What the hell was she saying? There was a trembling to her voice as she asked, although Millie had absolutely no idea what was compelling her to do so. Although, what she said was true.
------
"What good is it? Listen to yourself!" Hadrian began, hate in his voice as he continued to glare at the guard. "They try to kill us, and they do so in sick and horrifying ways! Why torment them? So that they fucking know that we aren't just hollow fucking shells that bend to their will. We are not to be taken lightly and trampled on! They can break me all they fucking want, but dammit, their going to know that I am a living fucking being when they drain the last of the blood out of me. Horror will strike their hearts when they one day realize what the fucking hell they are doing! We have every motherfucking right to exist as they do!" Hadrian had gotten himself worked up, and he had plenty more left in him.

Sarah felt her stomach flutter. Did this girl really know what effect she was having on the typically reserved werewolf? Sarah had relaxed enough to not snap when her hair was toyed with and kept steady eye contact with the usual prideful wolf gaze. The wolf gaze was sometimes intimidating and intense, but now they seemed to lose some edge with her slower blinking patterns.
"Allow...what exactly?"Sarah asked She was rather intuitive, but she was one to want a more clear message.
-----
"Yes, yes. they are awful and cruel. But I ask again, what use is there? Your means of defiance are flawed. Shouting and cursing and taunting will give you less respect and more punishment. You will be seen as a mere beast to be treated poorly, and the cycle will go on with you actually doing more harm than rebellion."the wizened creature spoke.
It wasn't clear what it was, because it was unseen to the two, but chained in the cell was a twelve foot tall dragon. Its scales were golden and cracked in places and its snout, wings, and wrists were shackled tightly.
Sam was confused as to what or who Hadrian was talking to, his brow furrowed. The guard didn't react to the voice either. This was because only Hadrian knew he could hear the dragon. After all, its snout was shut. It communicated mentally, though to Hadrian it sounded like normal speech.

Sarah let out a small, playful laugh as she glanced down at the floor for a moment before looking back to Sarah. "Erm..." Millie mumbled, unsure of what to do. "Uh, this." She said before she put a kiss to the cheek of the assassin. It was clear that Millie wanted to do more than that, but she held herself back until she got a response from Sarah. For a moment, Millicent's heart was pounding at the fact that she just did that, but had a feeling that it would have been pounding even harder had she actually kissed her like she wanted to.
-----
Hadrian let his head go back against the wall as he listened to the creature. "I don't want respect, I want the humans to die. But you're right. I can't do a fucking thing while trapped in this cell." He let out a groan as banged his head against the wall. "Alright then wise guy, what the hell can I do then? Fight in the arena until I die, then accept it like a fucking bug?

Sarah growled upon instinct and moved her head away. She was alright with affection for a while, but that was a little too much for her current comfort level. She relaxed slightly, but a fang was still slightly expose. She looked away sheepishly. "Sorry...just an initial reaction..."she sighed. God damn it , Sarah, you blew it.
----
"You are no bug unless you choose to act like one, you are smarter than that. Your mild compliance can be a cover up. The more loyal seeming you are, the more time you have to survive and get out. or would you like to try to attack the guards and get crushed like the bug you so loved saying in your analogy?"The dragon replied.

Millie's eyes widened in surprise as Sarah growled at her, and she immediately jerked back. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you or anything." She said quietly, with a tone of clear disheartenment. Although, maybe Sarah was telling the truth and that she didn't mean to do that. Trying not to let her feelings show, she positioned herself beside Sarah, tucking her legs underneath her. Maybe over time, things would change, and Millicent could actually kiss her like she wanted.
-----
Hadrian let out a growl. By no means did he want to show subservience to these despicable shit holes, but the voice was right. "I suppose you're right. I'll give it a shot." He now turned his head to Sam, "Alright then, you heard the plan." Hadrian had no means of knowing that he was the only one who could have heard the voice, and was surprised that Sam hadn't piped up at all during any of that.

"It's fine...just startled me..."Sarah said with an awkward clearing of her throat. To her despair and relief, her attention had shifted to a well dressed gentlemen looking into their cell. She growled at him in warning, though he hardly noticed.
----
Sam tilted his head slightly, scratching his short beard. His eyes portrayed his curiosity as well as his confusion. He had heard no plan, just his new friends talking to nothing. He wondered if he had been driven to madness so soon or if Sam hadn't heard a very quiet conversation or something. "Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? You didn't say a plan, all you did was talk to the wall or something."he said.

As soon as Sarah started to growl, Millie turned to see the man looking at them and she hid behind Sarah, not wanting to be stared at like meat at market. It made her highly nervous to see a potential buyer nearby, and frankly, she had no idea of what to do. The tattoo on her arm started to glow and she let out a whimper, but the same force that had compelled her to kiss Sarah now seemed to be saying to her, "Stop being a scared little bitch or I'll force you to stop." Putting that threat into action, Millie Attempted to telekinetically pick up a chunk of the wall and throw it at him, but it didn't work and the chunk fell to the floor.
------
"So... you didn't just hear the guy talking and telling me to stop being an asshole to the guards? Well shit, surely I'm not going mad already. I would've thought it would've happened after having a red hot rod shoved in my ass or something." Hadrian looked around then fixed his attention to the direction that the voice had come from. "Dude, maybe you can vouch for me or something."

The man payed more attention when the chunk of wall had moved without being touched. Hmm..well the smaller girl that had growled must be a werecreature of some sorts. Not too interesting, but she seemed to have some kick to her. The other seemed to mentally pick something up, though barely, there were still magical restrictions she had surpassed briefly. He decided a potential sorceress could be a real treat to have as a fighting slave. He turned to one of the workers and talked as they walked away. He was going to sign some paperwork and head back home to have tea as his new slaves would be taken to their respective location in the slave cells he had rented in one of the arena prisons.
Four guards appeared to be ready to escort them out, because they knew the werewolf girl had given them hell earlier. They opened the cell and Sarah stood up quickly with her lips pulled back into a snarl. As she began to shift a bit as best she could, she was tackled into the ground by two guards. The two others approached Millie.
-----
The dragon was smiling slightly. He didn't have to vouch for anything and could let the young man look like a fool. well, he very well could, but his days of fooling around were over and he decided it was best to try to keep others united so maybe at least they had a scrap of a chance of escaping.
"Hello. I assure you, both of you are still sane pretty at the moment. And I apologize for my more inconvenient way of communication, my snout is shackled and I can't talk in result."the dragon spoke mentally to both this time, not yet revealing what or who he was.

No no no! This was not happening! Millie's arm began to glow, and her eyes were bright and fiery. "Girl," a voice in the back of her head started to command, one she recognized as Tybalt, "Fight them, do not let them take you so easily." She mindlessly obeyed, ramming her head into one of the guards, sending him reeling backwards. With the shackles on, she couldn't do anything, and the next thing she knew, she had crumpled to the floor with a sharp pain in her head. Doubtless a result of being beaten by the other guard. The guard she had headbutted was now shoving her against a wall, his rod pressed against the back of her neck. Millie let out a pained whimper, hating herself for the fact that she cold do nothing to help Sarah. "Let go of me you shit head!" She yelled in a futile effort. All that resulted in was a painful twisting of her arms, and her being shoved to the floor.
-------------
"Ahh." said Hadrian. "That explains it. So what you're saying is that if we want to get out of here at least somewhat intact, we have to play along with the shithole's scheme?" he asked, hoping that there was more to it than that. Right now, all he really wanted to do was kill, partially out of hate, and partially for the fact that he needed to feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.