Bloodlust

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah just rolled her eyes at the sniveling of her cell mate. "You have to toughen up soon or you'll be torn to pieces in seconds no matter where you are sold to."she said, voice basically the same but with a bit more of a growl to it. She did however enjoy the fear in the eyes of the girl when she had shifted, indicating their girl was truly harmless and Sarah's enemies were just outside of this damned cell. She growled down at her shackles, cursing her stupidity a bit as well. She raised her shackles to her snout and began to bite at them, pulling away and stopping when her gums began to bleed a little bit in result. She snorted angrily again and leaned back. She grit her teeth and closed her eyes with a light hiss of pain as she felt the sting of the wound the arrow had left in her shoulder. It had been removed and cleaned out as well as bandaged, but it still hurt like a bitch.
----
Sam half smiled as the vampire seemed to realize what circumstance he was in. "They could do that and more. We are genuinely fucked here."he replied. It was true, they were in deep shit now and would suffer the consequences for ending up here. Sam didn't want to think of his fate or how the next few hours may play out for him. Quite frankly, he didn't give a damn about the fate of this cocky vampire dude, but for the time being it was amusing to meet someone so oblivious of what was to happen after creatures were brought to this place.
"Anyways. I figure you should at least know the name of the other poor soul confined here. I'm Sam."he greeted casually.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Why bother doing that, I'm just going to die anyway, might as well speed up the process. Right now, death is looking pretty good to me." For a moment she softly banged her head against the wall of the cell, hair cushioning the impact. "Oh come now, you can't give up just like that." said Ayleth. "Just fucking watch me," She began, "Death is obviously the most preferable option, Ayleth. Whether I fight or not, work or not, I'm going to die. If I'm lucky, if I can even fucking call it that, I'll be sold off as a slave. Fucking look at me, I'll be a fucking sex doll before I can even blink." Millie shut her eyes tight, wanting all of this to just go away. "Dammit woman!" began Tybalt angrily, "You better fucking fight, or so fucking help me, I'll fuck up your brain so goddamn bad that all you'll know is insanity and pain!" "You wouldn't fucking dare, Tybalt!" Millie shouted angrily at her hallucination. She wouldn't hold it past him, as he had proven that he could do that. One time, he had forced her to burn out an entire den of wolves, a creature she adored, just so that she could have some meat. It broke her heart to see the pups and their mother run out, yelping in pain as they were engulfed in fire.
----
Hadrian held out his hand the best he could under the restraint of his shackles. "Hadrian." He said warmly. "Good to meet you Sam." he said with a bit of a chuckle. If he was going to be killed, he might as well go out swinging. All he could really hope for is that he would be sold for the arena and die in battle. He didn't really know what he would do if he was sold off for plantation work. He had the strength for work, but he thought that the monotony of labor intensive work, and unrelenting whip of a master would really get to him. "So, Sam, how did you end up here of all places?"

Sarah watched the girl bang her head against the wall. She almost rolled her eyes again. She guessed this young woman would only last a day or so in an arena and maybe another day or two on a plantation if she was lucky. How could someone be so accepting of a terrible fate? Sarah didn't know how someone could do such a thing, as she was raised with the pride of a wolf. She would look death right in the eye and thrash and bite if death had a grip on her. She was no coward. Maybe she was an idiot for ending up here after being so careless, but she wouldn't back down easily.
She decided she shouldn't care for her cellmate, but couldn't bare to see someone grovel at the feet of their fate when she could get them to act like a real mythic should. "Why are you giving up?"she spoke up directly to the girl.
----
Sam did the same and shook Hadrian's hand as best as he could while saying, "A very vampiric name for a very vampiric dude." He pulled his hands away soon enough so they weren't bitten off by the unpredictable seeming vampire.
"I ended up here after a leisurely stroll through the forest. I was ambushed by a few motherfuckers that knocked me over the head and dragged me here."he replied simply.

"Why am I giving up? I'll tell you why. I have no fucking chance. I'm not a fighter, nor do I have the strength for plantation work. I'm a coward, plain and simple. For a good part of my life, I've lived alone in the forest. Just me and these goddamn things that won't leave me alone." She now pointed to both sides of her, where she saw Tybalt and Ayleth. Millie wasn't really sure if her cellmate could see or hear them, but she figured it wouldn't hurt to point them out. "Hell, all I can do is light shit on fire and move stuff with my mind. A whole hell of a lot of good that's gonna do me." She said sarcastically.

-----
"Harsh man." Hadrian said sympathetically. "All I was trying to do was get a bite to drink when I was caught up in a net and bashed over the head, same as you." He now turned his head and looked out of the bars of the cell. All he saw were the same pitiable creatures doing the same fucking pitiable thing, wallowing in their own misery, curled up in their cells, with these fucking shackles. The thought of a potential jailbreak entered his mind, but at this point, it was just a mere flight of fancy. There was absolutely no way that they could do anything with these shackles bound to them. "I suppose the best we can hope for is a quick death, huh?"

Sarah listened to the girl, wolf ears angled forwards. She couldn't see what the girl was pointed at, but assumed maybe she was hallucinating or just had some mental issues. She listened carefully and discovered what abilities the girl had. Alright, so she must be a sorceress so she could actually be a threat if those shackles she had were removed. Sarah figured the shackles prevented most forms of magic, but seemed to allow the shifting of the body structure to take an animal form with a lot of effort. Maybe this was possible to showcase species to potential buyers without allowing the destruction of the whole facility, but she figured they had other ways to detain creatures able to shift to a degree.
She couldn't believe someone with such useful abilities could claim to have little purpose or even courage. "You'll have to fucking deal and learn to fight or something or you won't last a second more. And that magic will certainty help you survive in the arena, so don't act so helpless!"she said forcefully in the hopes she'd rouse the girl to her senses.
----
Sam only, "hm,"ed in response to Hadrian's short and unfortunate tale that seemed rather similar to his own. He also looked out of the cell when the vampire did to see the others stressing out in the circumstances. "No. I suppose I'll just have to try to escape from wherever I'm taken. I refuse to die miserable, as dying somewhere nice and warm with a drink in hand seems more pleasurable. Escape is possible if you're cleaver enough. Fe have done it."he said, trying to convince both Hadrian and himself that there was something to hope for.

Millicent just groaned. "How many times do I have to fucking say it, I want to die, but... wait, do I really want to die?" she thought to herself, "Maybe this girl is right, maybe I do have a chance. I mean, most people don't like to be on fire, and that usually kills stuff pretty quickly." She now turned her head upwards towards her cellmate. "Alright, I suppose I can try fighting. Hopefully I can do it." she sounded unsure, but it was a start. "Uhm, by the way," she began, "My name is Millicent, or just Millie. What's yours?" Millie was actually kind of curious, but it also changed the subject from fighting in the arena. It was remarkable that this woman was showing such feeling towards her, but maybe it was just to get her to stop sniveling and bitching.
------
"Dude, if you think you can do it, more power to you. You're small and look quick enough to do it, but first thing's first, we don't know where we will be taken." It was a pretty 50-50 chance that they would guess right, seeing as how they only had the option of a plantation, or the arena. Although it would be much easier to plan if they knew in advance. "I wonder if there's some sort of manifest that'll tell us where we will be sold to. Firstly, we're sold at auction, aren't we? If so, then I guess we can't really guess where we will be going. Shit." Well, there went all of that. Hadrian had a feeling in the back of his mind that escape wasn't going to be likely.

A little part of Sarah felt glad this girl would try to live, so her breath wasn't wasted to convince someone to not be such a coward. It was her wolf nature to not like seeing weakness, only strength and grace. And it was her nature that wanted every mythic to fucking toughen up and try to rally against the humans. She was tired of her kind being snatched up, tortured, and killed. And now she was in that position and wanted all of the help she could get to try to convince others to fight and survive and eventually escape, but at the moment escape seemed pretty futile. Int he back of her mind she wondered if it was possible for her to escape anywhere she would go. She'd like to think so, but only a few survived escaping. She was hoping she had the will to do so.
Though Sarah didn't care much for strangers, she did want others to join the fight towards freedom and defeating the humans so she'd be willing to cooperate with a few others, though she certainty wouldn't trust them. She heard the girl speak up and saw her even lift her head in a way that indicated at least a scrap of strength. So she might be worth recruiting to fight if she became less of a burden. "My name is Sarah."she replied, slowly taking on her human appearance for now so she didn't grant any satisfaction to the few potential buyers that were walking around.
------
"Both of your statements are true. But maybe wherever I end up I can recruit some other brave souls who aren't wallowing in their self pity to go fuck shit up and get the hell out of there."Sam said with a light shrug. He wasn't quite ready to give up, as it didn't seem pleasant to die in brutal manners.

"Ah. That's a wonderful name, Sarah." Millie said with a small smile. Now that she looked at her cellmate, she really wasn't that bad looking of a woman, maybe a bit rough around the edges, but she assumed that was just because she was so damn tough and willing to fight. "I...I really don't want to have to hurt another, but I suppose I'll just have to deal with it if it means saving my own life." She said quietly. "Oh just shut up and get used to it woman." piped in Tybalt. "Ugh, what the hell would you know about it? All you do all day is just torment me and do who knows what with Ayleth. "Don't drag me into this! I've been minding my own business." Whined Ayleth. "Can't you two just shut the hell up and leave me be, I really want to try and catch some sleep." Millie said as she leaned her head against the wall, letting her hair serve as a sort of pillow.
-----
"Fucking shit up, one of my favorite pastimes." Hadrian said with a grin. "Although I do partially wish that they would just hurry the fuck up and sell me already, it's boring as shit in here." he complained. "There's not even a little insect to pester for fun. I don't suppose you have a deck of cards or anything?" Hadrian asked sarcastically.

Sarah didn't seem to have the words to respond to the compliment, as her name had never been too special to her. Though she did like the names the humans gave to the different mythic assassins. They came up with all sorts of flattering names to tell to scare their children. Things like "fanged demise," or "monsters from the under realm." Cool things like that. In fact, only her few friends had called her by her name. When she had led she was called beta, and in the guild she was 'Ashclaw,' because that was the last name equivalent for her werewolf family.
A potential buyer was walking around and peered into the cage. He was a short, plump, pale well dressed man with a pointed nose and a narrow almost rodent like face. He smelled strongly of cologne that almost gagged Sarah. She growled lowly in her throat and looked away from the man, disinterested. The man's little beady eyes narrowed a bit at her before he briefly looked at Millie and walked away for now. Most buyers didn't choose their 'product,' until they had looked over them all.
----
"Sure thing. Just let me pull a board game out from my ass or something."Sam joked sarcastically as he scratched at in itchy part on his well furred thigh. He had to agree, this place was boring as well as stressful. All this waiting to be sold off like a piece of meat to fight or work. They should at least buy them quickly before they rotted in these damn cells. He had so far been in the cell for almost a full day now and things were rather dismal with the moaning and cursing and all. The whole atmosphere amplified the despair and anger of the other mythics that were confined.

Millie saw the man stare at her, which caused her to curl up in the corner of the cell a bit in fear. He was such a weird sight to see, and an ugly one at that. Hopefully he wasn't to interested in her, because she really didn't want to be sold off. She let out a relieved breath as he walked away and relaxed her body a bit. The tattoo on her arm began to glow, as it often did when she was stressed. Millie now looked over towards Sarah, oh how nice it must be to not be afraid, to be able to glare down your problems and beat the shit out of them. Alas she feared she would never become like that. 'Maybe if I can get her to like me, maybe she'll be more inclined to protect me, or at least be a bit friendlier.' Millie thought to herself. But how would she do that? As she thought it over, she began to gradually make her way over to her, hoping that maybe some of her courage would be transferred to her vicariously.
-----
Hadrian couldn't help but laugh, "oh shit. You know, your alright Sam." He said with a bit of a smile. "Hey, maybe for a little fun, we could mess with some of the other people that are in here." While that may prove to have some rather unfavorable ramifications, almost anything would be better than the melancholy monotony that this fucking place provided. Hadrian was now toying with a little chunk that had fallen off of the wall, deliberating on whether or not to throw it, or at least attempt to, at somebody.

Sarah watched Millie a bit as the man went and passed. She had curled up in fear, which made Sarah feel a bit sick to think someone could cower under the weak human. Though even Sarah wasn't ignorant enough to forget what power humans possessed that wasn't physical as they had done a good job to hoard some mythics and torture the shit out of them. Her irregular, yet keen, eyes managed to spot the tattoo of the girl glow. She was slightly taken aback, but decided not to question why it had done that because the girl was a sorceress and Sarah didn't fully understand magic and its extent. Sarah's muscles tensed slightly out of mere reflex when Millie approached slightly.

----
"That's the same idea that had just come to my own mind."Sam said with a bit of a half smile. His goat ears had perked up slightly and he re situated himself to sit more forwards so he could see out of the cell a bit better and appear more focused. He noticed the bit of cement in Hadrian's grasp. "Dude, throw the rock at that creature's head."he said as he lifted a shackled hand to point out to a creature in the cell across from theirs.
In that cell a hellish looking creature lay curled up. It had a skeletal canine head and a well muscled body covered in smooth black scales with a leathery hide. It had curled ram like horns and a long tail that ended in a spade. When standing it could probably reach about four feet tall and had the basic body structure of a canine. It was sleeping, smoke curling out from its shackled snout.

Milicent continued to inch her way towards Sarah, not noticing how she tensed up. "Please, I don't mean to bother you, but your just... so much braver than I am and you make me feel kind of safe." She was now rather close to Sarah, and for the moment she stopped and leaned against the wall a bit. Millie didn't really know how well Sarah would react to her being so close, but all she really wanted was something or someone that could provide even a little bit of comfort. Her long violet hair now curled a bit on Sarah.
----
Hadrian grinned wickedly, " I like the way you think, Sam." Now positioning himself to where he could get an ideal throw, he took aim. "Wakey wakey motherfucker" he partially whispered as he lobbed the rock through the bars of their cell and through the bars of the creatures cell. Direct hit! "Oh shit, this guy ain't happy." Hadrian laughed as the creature woke up in a rage. It let out a roar and Hadrian couldn't suppress his fit of laughter.

Sarah looked down..well, up at the girl next to her(because of how short she was in comparison). She bristled slightly at the closeness and bared her fangs in apprehension, though not growling at the moment. She examined the girl up and down and discovered from her message and apparent closeness to a potential threat, Sarah assumed she was serious about wanting to feel safe. Hmm...she wasn't that bad looking, and she smelled sort of nice. Sarah easily shook the thought from her head, as no relationship would be useful in the hell she would be sent to. She did figure she shouldn't fuss too much though, for their wasn't any harm being done. She leaned back and tucked her knees up towards her chest, shackled wrists resting on her knees. Her face sort of relaxed so her fangs weren't bared.
----
Sam laughed as well, a pleasing chuckle that caused his eyes to close and goat ears to raise. The hell hound paced angrily around its cell and growled at the two with malice in its red, pupil-less eyes.
Just as Sam was recovering from his fit of laughter, one of the guards slammed the bars of the cell as he had passed. "Quiet down."he scolded before walking off to patrol another area.
Sam waited a moment before snorting and mocking the guard in an unflattering tone as he said, "Quiet down."

Millie's head jerked back a bit as Sarah bared her fangs, but she too soon relaxed a bit when Sarah did. She now leaned herself against Sarah's arm and shoulder. "Thank you." She said weakly. Millie already felt a little bit safer just by being close to her. Although she did wonder how long Sarah would tolerate this, as she didn't exactly seem like the kind of person that would handle a clingy coward easily. Now staring out of the cell bars, she scanned the section of the prison that she could see and all of the pitiable creatures that were in the same situation she was. Before she could really take it all in, Ayleth piped in after her relative silence of the past few minutes. "Uck, I can't believe you, cuddling up to some one of the same gender like this, you disgust me!" As much as Millie wanted to snap at her, she kept herself quiet for fear of upsetting Sarah, something she really didn't want to do.
-----
Hadrian choked on his laugh as he waited for the guard to walk away, then let it out, snorting as Sam mocked him. Wiping a tear from one of his eyes, he let out a long breath, then leaned his head against the wall of the cell. "Fuck yea dude." he said quietly as his eyes fell shut for a moment. "Anarchy one step at a time." he let out with a bit of sarcasm.

Sarah growled as soon as Millie's head rested against her shoulder, the same spot where the arrow had pierced her skin. She scooted over a bit and held her shoulder lightly. She didn't even offer an explanation, but the cloth where she grabbed had been previously stained by blood so it wasn't too hard to figure it out. Now she was calm again, but she didn't want this girl leaning on her wound. Or even really leaning on her, but if it toughened the girl up and shut her up, it was tolerable.
----
"You said it."Sam agreed as he leaned back again, hands resting on his stomach as he finished chuckling a bit more. He calmed again and looked towards the cell bars as a buyer peered in. It was a professionally dressed woman with her long blonde hair tied up and glasses on. She looked indifferent as she studied the two, and Sam even offered her a loose wave with one of his shackled hands.
A tall man in all black stepped from behind her, chest protected by padding of sorts and eyes narrowed. It seemed he was the body guard of the professional woman looking for slaves.

Millie immediately jerked away as Sarah growled, but she also now saw her bandaged shoulder. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause you discomfort." she said apologetically. As she moved away from Sarah, Ayelth piped in again. "I told you. Even she didn't want that." "Oh shut up, she didn't seem to mind to much, but then again, maybe she did." Responded Millie. "You should be ashamed of yourself for trying such a thing." Before Millicent could respond, Tybalt chimed in for his two cents. "I saw nothing wrong with it." "Oh shut up, we all know why you're okay with it." Retorted Ayelth. "Would the both of you shut the fuck up? Back and forth, back and forth. Give it a fucking break. Things are bad enough without you two going at it."
--------
"Oh shit, watch out!" Began Hadrian Sarcastically. "Mister big and bad doesn't like it when someone simply waves. Get the cock out of your ass and lighten up, both of you." he said insultingly, addressing the bodyguard and the woman. Problem was, Hadrian didn't exactly know when to shut the hell up, and there was nowhere this could go but south.

Sarah looked over Millie warily as if unsure of what to make of the response to begin with. "It's..it's fine."She said dismissively before slouching back against the wall again. She leaned her head against the cement wall and closed her eyes to think, distracted a bit by how cold the wall felt. She kept running over options in her mind, but she really couldn't do much with these shackles on so she'd have to await an opportunity of transport or something. She sighed, letting her fangs dull a bit to take her more human form as she did when she relaxed a bit more. Her mind was all frazzled now and the attractive girl wasn't help...What? Well of course Sarah had already known long ago what gender she liked, but this girl seemed too vulnerable and likely to die.
----
The woman seemed unfazed, but the big man took a step closer to the bars of the cage and extended one of the cylinders the guards had to make one of the shock poles. The woman held up a hand in a brief and dismissive way. The man lowered the pole as the woman looked inside of the cell some more. "They are willful. A good choice."she spoke to the man as if the two weren't able to hear. She looked over the paper work by their cell to see their information.
"Ugh, just fuck off already."Sam rolled his eyes with a groan.

Millie let out a bit of a sigh. Sarah said that it was fine, but she didn't sound very convincing. "See, you're already fucking things up, do you really think she's gonna want anything to do with you." Said Tybalt with a rather harsh tone. "Oh shut up."she began, louder than she wanted. "She didn't seem to mind to much, and who knows, maybe she's got a softer side." Her voice had a bit of hope to it, as she actually kind of wanted something to happen between the two of them, although maybe it was her inner, unheard desire for protection. "Don't go off daydreaming just yet bitch." Said Ayleth, just as harshly as Tybalt. "You still need to make sure that you don't fucking die." To that, Millie sighed and leaned against the wall.
-----
"Yo, Blondie, you lonely, I can warm your bed up for ya real good." He said with a bit of an insulting laugh. "Just sign those papers and get me the fuck out of here." At this point, he didn't really care where he went, he just really wanted out. Hadrian hadn't even been here a day, but it already felt like hell.

Sarah kept her eyes closed and head back for a while as she thought. God damnit, how could she have been so careless? Sarah weighed her fate now and every scenario seemed to end with death in various ways. Refusing to work on a plantation led to flogging then death. Refusing to cooperate in an arena led to various other tortures, then death. But fighting in the arena and cooperating in that sense could keep her alive. Her only option was to fight herself the hell out of captivity and try not to be killed by another mythic in the arena but mostly try not to be cut down by a human and maybe becoming a fur rug on the floor of her future owner. Owner...what a revolting word to think of. No one owned a wolf, so she would just have a temporary...boss.
-----
The woman didn't react to the jibe from the vampire and instead finished up looking at the details of the creatures and their appearances. "I'll take them."she said before walking off, heels clicking on the ground. A few of the armored workers appeared. "Alright. If you two cooperate you will suffer less. Don't think flailing will help, we can just knock you out and drag you."one worker said as they slowly opened the cell. The other guard extended their shock pole.

Soon enough, fear had crept back into Millie's mind and she started to shake a bit, but really didn't want it to show, so she hid it the best she could. "Ugh, how many times to I have to tell you woman, STOP BEING A LITTLE BITCH AND SUCK IT UP!" Tybalt was absolutely furious and frankly, it frightened Millicent. "Stop fucking yelling at me Tybalt, it's not fucking helping anything!" she yelled, tears in her eyes. That only infuriated him further, and he backed his arm up as though he was about to strike her. Despite the fact that he was a hallucination, both him and Ayleth were very real to Millie and were quite capable of harming her. Now flinging his hand forward full force, he slammed his hand across her face, causing her head to jerk backwards and slam against the wall. A red mark was forming on her cheek and tears were now flooding her cheek.
------
"Wait, what?! Both of us?" Hadrian looked over to Sam with surprise on his face. However the surprise quickly drained away from his face as the reality of the situation sank in. "Well, looks like we're getting out of here together." Was this it? Was the woman just up and buying them, or was she a provider for an auction house. Hadrian didn't bother to ask as he was led out of the cell, not wanting to put up a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.