Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was a nice change of pace, meeting you." He replied, meaning it. He was incredibly hunted man in the future, and hadn't had a much better experience in his time in the past. The situation with the pandemic, and then his mother's death. Well. His sort of his mother. Hadn't made it hurt any less at the time, though he had rationalized it since then. She wasn't real. She was a fake. He hadn't had her blood stained on his hands.

"Marian." He added belatedly, snapping out of his trainwreck of thought

"I need to be going. Finding Rid is fairly important. But first," Connor held up the book that was clasped in his hands. A copy of Ender's Game. "Can I check this out? I haven't gotten to read it since I was nine."

Desmond just gave her a nod, then flashed his eyes gold for a brief moment with Eagle Vision, the world turning into shades of black, gold, red and blue. It was a code that they'd developed, him and his students, basically amounting to everything was okay. Everything was within operational parameters for the moment. For some odd reason he didn't get to use it a lot.

@Hospes
@BarrenThin

This declaration earned another smile. "Well, getting to meet you was nice, as well. It isn't every day I get to see anyone but my assistant," she gestured to a blonde young woman that looked to be around seventeen or eighteen tucked away at a table with a pile of books at her side, reading intently. "..Or the snobbish ladies of the DAR," she finished.

"Of course," Marian replied, nodding her understanding. As for his book request.. "Feel free, Connor. 'Rereading, we find a new book.'" Way to quote stuff in fashion, o all knowing librarian Marian.

"In any case.. I wish you luck in your endeavors."

@Thuro The Assassin Potato @BarrenThin

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
"Thanks." Connor tucked the book into his backpack. It was sleek and form fitting like Desmond's, but it had a large red cross on it that could be hidden under a flap lest it be mistaken for a bullseye, to make it harder for the Assassins to pick him out of the crowd. Surprisingly, wearing red and black made it easier than you'd think to get lost in the hustle and bustle of the streets.

"Who knows. Maybe next time I show up I can stick around for a little while. Give you someone to talk to, practice my stacking skills." He added that part with a rueful look at his still mostly intact pile of books that he had carried over. "Well, I'm off. Apparently I've got a family appointment."

Bowing his head slightly he stepped backwards then spun on his heel. He opened the door, holding it there with his foot. "Coming 'Warren'?"

Desmond followed him out, shaking his head as he did so. Connor held the door a moment longer for Lisa before letting it close with a soft click.

There was silence between the two men as they put some distance between the group and library. When it was finally safe to talk, Desmond had some questions. He didn't care that Lisa was here, listening. She was more or less family in his eyes anyways. He'd had to be after what Frank did to her.

"All right. I need to know what you're not telling me. You called me Father back in the forest, and you're calling yourself a Duchannes now. What gives?"

Connor ignored him, continuing without stopping. "I'll explain when we find Ridley."

Desmond wasn't having it. He'd had enough lip from this kid. He'd shown up as an echo on Ridley's tracking device, and when Desmond had investigated he'd then proceeded to use his powers to beat Desmond senseless before fleeing. Now he wanted his help and wasn't giving any reasons why? Nuh-uh. Ain't no one got time for that.

"Answer the fucking question Connor."

Connor finally stopped and faced him, an unrepentant look on his face. "Or what? You kill me? Go back to building your army to wipe out anyone that doesn't agree with you?"

"Like who? The Archdemon?" Desmond replied, sarcasm dripping off every word. "Or Revan? The man that lopped off Altair's head just cause he was tired of his company?"

Connor just stared at him. Desmond was almost as arrogant as he had been future, but he truly hadn't committed the same atrocities. Yet. Connor crossed his own arms, mimicking the older man, and simply said, "I cannot answer all of your questions because I do not understand all of the changes myself. The past and my present are desynchronized."

And there it was. It made sense now. Connor calling him father despite Desmond having to have been seven to have him. Ugh Desmond wished River Song was here. She was the only person he'd ever known that had understood this time travel stuff. Other than the Doctor himself. But Desmond hadn't spoken with him much, even in the events leading up to the Archdemon assassination. Something had seemed very off about his over the top cheerful persona. Like it was hiding something very bad.

Rolling his shoulders to try to ease the tension that the fall plus his conversation with the boy plus the all the time travel crap had brought on. "What can you tell me?" He asked.

His question was interrupted by the sound a metallic creaking. It was a large metal gate, one that had seen better days from the looks of it. Their conversation was put on the back burner while they went closer to investigate. They had arrived to the road to the Ravenwood estate apparently. Connor immediately looked for a way over the construction, before simply running at it full bear then disappearing in a puff of shadows, reappearing on the other side. Desmond just walked up and pushed it open, no effort required. It must have been unlocked.

"Nice job dumbass." He remarked to Connor.

There was more silence as they walked up the road, this time accompanied by a rather hateful stare from one Connor Duchannes to one Desmond Miles.

They finally arrived at the house, a rather beaten down looking old mansion that was still superior in every possible way to the farm that Desmond had grown up on. Well, except for maybe the porch. It was looking a liiiiittttle unstable. That Assassin parkour training might be coming in handy very shortly.
Somehow managing to make it across, Desmond reached for the door handle, hesitating slightly. He hadn't seen Ridley since he'd sent her away for her own safety, and he wasn't sure he was ready to see her yet. They'd been too caught up in a life and death struggle against the most powerful entity the multiverse had ever seen for the anger to set in, but their time apart had allowed that it to set inside him. She'd killed people. His people. They'd come back in the end, but she'd still killed them. It had been out of fear. But it hadn't been self defense in any way. It had been murder.

Connor himself waited beside the Mentor. He was the brash impatient one, but even he was holding back. His mother had died when he was nine, and he'd never thought he was going to see her again. Then the Murder Game, and being forced to watch her die a second time. Not to mention the psychological scarring that cremating her with his own flame had caused. Needless to say, he was nervous.

The two men shared yet another look. This time there was something they could relate to in each other's eyes. Just for a moment, then it was gone.

Desmond used the knocker, which sent the door flying open almost of its volition. Gee guys. Call a carpenter already.
There was a certain blonde girl with hot pink stripes running through her hair and bright glowing eyes staring horrified at the three of them. She also had a little girl wrapped around her for some reason. Huh. Odd.

Awkward

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
The response made Ryan look up at her older sister through her death grip on her, tilting her head. "Achilles? Like, Achilles from Greek myth?" the younger blonde inquired, her brightly blue-eyed gaze drifting back to the wolf. Ridley just stood through the embrace awkwardly, obviously not sure what to do with herself. Hugs- and physical contact, in general -weren't exactly her forte. "You got it, Sis. Sounds like you have been spending too much time around Reece the Beas-"

kqDlY.jpg

"I'm right here, you know," chimed a new, obviously annoyed voice, belonging to a beautiful young woman seeming to be a year or two older than Ridley.

Of course, Ridley wasn't fazed. In fact, she grinned. "Ah, the beast speaks," she remarked, shooting her other sister a wide grin. "What, no hug for your sister? Or, I guess ex-sister is more accurate, considering you disowned me like the rest of the fam," she added. But, oddly enough, her words didn't hold any real venom to them. In regards to Reece's response to this, the Sybil simply rolled her eyes, glaring pointedly at Ridley.

"Oh, bite me," Reece snapped with agitation in response. "I missed you, too," Ridley responded, sickeningly sweet sarcasm practically dripping from her words.

"Shut up."

Quietly, Ridley placed her hands over the ears of the twelve-year-old still clinging tightly to her, before looking at Reece again with a grin. "Aw, come on. I thought you knew better than to use such horrible language around poor, impressionable little Ryan," she teased once again, obviously testing the patience of the green-eyed girl that had been reading away before emerging to assure everything was alright after hearing Boo growling. But, now, the Sybil felt a need to get back at her sister. So, she got right up in Ridley's space, waving a hand over the Siren's face. Immediately, Ridley tried to swat the hand away, knowing full well that Reece was trying to see what Ridley would become. But, instead of her features briefly seeming akin to those of Sarafine, Ridley's eyes turned a radiant shade of violet... But, of course, the Siren didn't realize this. All she knew was that Reece was now staring at her with wide eyes.

So, naturally, Ridley couldn't let such a wonderful opportunity to taunt her sister go to waste.

"I understand that I am very attractive, Beast, but staring at me like that is a bit rude," the Siren quipped with a wide grin, trying to refrain from letting her annoyance with Reece's little attempt show.

Sadly, before Ridley could get a rise out of Reece, she heard the sound of the door opening. Her hands falling away from Ryan's ears, the girl with the pink stripes in her hair turned her head to glance at where the sound had come from... And she completely froze, her golden eyes widening. A wave of emotions crashed into her like a tidal wave: happiness with seeing Desmond, annoyance for the same reason(after all, she'd left to keep him safe from her), confusion with whoever that boy was...-

And more overwhelming than anything else: Anger, when she saw Lisa. The girl who had tried to shoot Frank. The girl who had killed her. And even considering all of this... Desmond had the nerve to not only come here to her home, but to invite the girl with him like she was some date? Oh, hell yeah; 'pissed off' was the understatement of the century. Ryan, who had been about to ask what Rid and Reece's conversation had been about, now looked concerned. The young girl finally pulled away, tilting her head at her older sister. "Rid..?"

tumblr_lz1i6xR1Ux1qdndm8o4_250.png

When no response came, Ryan turned to see what Ridley was looking at.. And seemed to get confused. The younger girl took a half step back against her older sibling, seeming more than a little worried. Nobody ever came to Ravenwood.. So who were these people? Rid? Who are they..? came Ryan's voice through Rid's head, managing to jar her out of her searing anger. Now, not only was she mad, and confused.. But also, embarrassed. As though these people entering her not-technically-home uninvited wasn't bad enough, they'd just burst in on her being in the middle of a hug with her kid sister.

Fantastic-freaking-day.

"Nobody. They're nobody," she replied aloud to her sibling, rather than Kelting the answer back. Rather tensely, Ridley turned her sister to face her again, briefly peering into her innocent blue eyes with her own Dark gold ones. "Ryan.. Why don't you go find Lena-Bena? I'm sure she and her boy-toy will be glad to see ya," she stated, ruffling her sister's hair. Before the younger sibling had the chance to object, Ridley had moved past her, approaching the three at the door with rather obvious tension.

kLq8k.jpg

And with that.. Ridley more or less went to usher Lisa, Desmond, and Connor out the door. "Outside. Now." And after/if they obeyed.. Ridley simply looked between the three, clearly annoyed. "What the hell are you doing here, Hoodie?" she demanded. "I told you that it isn't good to be around me," she added, heatedly. Then, her gaze turned to Lisa, practically shooting daggers at her. "..Not to mention, why the hell is she here? It's one thing to burst into my fa-" she stopped mid word, quickly correcting herself, "..this place, alone, but you really brought her here? Of all the people in the damn multiverse?" she continued, starting to pace on the porch. Finally, her gaze fell upon Connor. "..And I don't even know who you are."

@BarrenThin @Thuro The Assassin Potato

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
"It wasn't my idea to come here Rid. I was happy living my life with less cray cray." Bad start. Try again. "Look. I mean, you were right when we split. Too dangerous for you to stick around. I had my responsibilities, you had your family-..." He was starting to babble again. Funny how a pretty girl could do that to a person. Especially this girl. It wasn't even the Siren aura that she put off. He'd learned how to look past that a long time ago. It was her herself.

Eventually he just shut his mouth and kept it shut like that for a minute, till he was absolutely sure what he wanted to say.

"It's the kid's idea. He was the one that asked me to come. And Lisa was already here." He left out the part about the girl being Ridley's watcher, or about the fact that she was his backup in case Connor went batshit and attacked him again.

Connor just sort of stood there, in shock. Mentally he'd prepared himself for this, meeting his mother again, but to be standing here was indescribable. All they'd labored and lost, it was restored with a simple leap to the past. He could save his mother, and end a war, possibly with no bloodshed. It was too good to be true. Which meant it probably was.
But he didn't care about that now. He was just a boy again, seeing his disturbingly young mom again.

He did the first thing he could think of. He hugged her.

• Love
"It wasn't my idea to come here Rid. I was happy living my life with less cray cray." Bad start. Try again. "Look. I mean, you were right when we split. Too dangerous for you to stick around. I had my responsibilities, you had your family-..." He was starting to babble again. Funny how a pretty girl could do that to a person. Especially this girl. It wasn't even the Siren aura that she put off. He'd learned how to look past that a long time ago. It was her herself.

Eventually he just shut his mouth and kept it shut like that for a minute, till he was absolutely sure what he wanted to say.

"It's the kid's idea. He was the one that asked me to come. And Lisa was already here." He left out the part about the girl being Ridley's watcher, or about the fact that she was his backup in case Connor went batshit and attacked him again.

Connor just sort of stood there, in shock. Mentally he'd prepared himself for this, meeting his mother again, but to be standing here was indescribable. All they'd labored and lost, it was restored with a simple leap to the past. He could save his mother, and end a war, possibly with no bloodshed. It was too good to be true. Which meant it probably was.
But he didn't care about that now. He was just a boy again, seeing his disturbingly young mom again.

He did the first thing he could think of. He hugged her.
This.. Earned a deep frown. And, beneath the surface, Rid actually felt a bit hurt. Then again, it was the truth. Everything about Ridley was crazy. Desmond's attempt to cover up the comment just made Ridley frown deeper. She had been happy to see him.. But the words stung like salt in a wound, despite the fact Rid knew that wasn't the original intentions. "Look, save it, okay? I get it. I'm that one, psychopathic Siren who doesn't give a shit about anyone but herself. I've heard it all before," she dismissed, averting her gaze. "And I don't have a family," she added, clearly more upset by the comment. "What I have is a desire that you stay away from Dangerous Creatures."

Desmond's continuation wasn't taken too well, either. "What the hell for? Are you telling me you've had Thick-Skull here stalking me? If you want me dead again, there really are better ways-"

Dead.. Again...?

Oh, great. And Ryan had to be eavesdropping. "Look, just-- Give me a minute. I need to take care of someth-.." And for the second time that day, Ridley found herself encased in a loving embrace, held close to a young man she'd never even met before. This just kept on getting more and more awkward and confusing for her. "..Have I met you before, Blue Eyes?" she asked sheepishly, uncertain what to do.

• Love
This.. Earned a deep frown. And, beneath the surface, Rid actually felt a bit hurt. Then again, it was the truth. Everything about Ridley was crazy. Desmond's attempt to cover up the comment just made Ridley frown deeper. She had been happy to see him.. But the words stung like salt in a wound, despite the fact Rid knew that wasn't the original intentions. "Look, save it, okay? I get it. I'm that one, psychopathic Siren who doesn't give a shit about anyone but herself. I've heard it all before," she dismissed, averting her gaze. "And I don't have a family," she added, clearly more upset by the comment. "What I have is a desire that you stay away from Dangerous Creatures."

Desmond's continuation wasn't taken too well, either. "What the hell for? Are you telling me you've had Thick-Skull here stalking me? If you want me dead again, there really are better ways-"

Dead.. Again...?

Oh, great. And Ryan had to be eavesdropping. "Look, just-- Give me a minute. I need to take care of someth-.." And for the second time that day, Ridley found herself encased in a loving embrace, held close to a young man she'd never even met before. This just kept on getting more and more awkward and confusing for her. "..Have I met you before, Blue Eyes?" she asked sheepishly, uncertain what to do.

After a moment, he released her and stepped back, staring at her. It was amazing. She hadn't aged that much in the future, maybe only looking like she had aged to her mid twenties. Her temperament was also kind of shocking . He'd expected her to be a lot different, but she wasn't. She was actually less fiery than she'd been in the future, somehow. That was, kinda surprising honestly. He looked at Ridley, then at Desmond.

"Rake'níha." He said, gesturing at Desmond. His usual anger at the Assassin seemed to be overridden by how happy he was at the moment. Him and the Mentor weren't trying to kill each other at the moment, and the future would wait till later.

Then he looked back at Ridley, an unlikely mother that wasn't much older than him, if not younger entirely.

"Akenistén:’a."

The words hit Desmond over the head like a Staff of Eden. Actually. That was pretty perfect analogy. He felt paralyzed, just like the Staff did. Desmond tried to speak, but couldn't. He was in shock. [spoili]
tumblr_nm79u1mRLT1s2jimjo1_500.png
[/spoili]Eventually figuring out how his tongue worked he replied to the younger man.

"Tiohrhén:sa satá:ti." Then Desmond mentally facepalmed. Now he was doing it too. "Say it in English."

Prototype-prototype-33376352-245-250.gif

"What I said," He said for the benefit of the non-Kanien'kehá:ka speaking Ridley. "Was 'my Father'," He titled his head towards Desmond, and then looked at Ridley, "And-..." He saw little Ryan eavesdropping. Instead of finishing the sentence, he knelt down and talked to her instead.

"Why don't you head back inside for a second kiddo. Me and Ridley need to talk privately."

That's when Achilles began to growl, his fur rippling. He had caught the scent of himself, the younger him, and he wasn't liking it one bit. Connor turned his head and said "Okwaho!" sharply.
The wolf fell silent, chastised. It was well trained, and listened to his master. The former Assassin Hunter looked back at Ryan and smiled, trying to be a soothing presence. "Please?"

• Love

After a moment, he released her and stepped back, staring at her. It was amazing. She hadn't aged that much in the future, maybe only looking like she had aged to her mid twenties. Her temperament was also kind of shocking . He'd expected her to be a lot different, but she wasn't. She was actually less fiery than she'd been in the future, somehow. That was, kinda surprising honestly. He looked at Ridley, then at Desmond.

"Rake'níha." He said, gesturing at Desmond. His usual anger at the Assassin seemed to be overridden by how happy he was at the moment. Him and the Mentor weren't trying to kill each other at the moment, and the future would wait till later.

Then he looked back at Ridley, an unlikely mother that wasn't much older than him, if not younger entirely.

"Akenistén:’a."

The words hit Desmond over the head like a Staff of Eden. Actually. That was pretty perfect analogy. He felt paralyzed, just like the Staff did. Desmond tried to speak, but couldn't. He was in shock. [spoili]
tumblr_nm79u1mRLT1s2jimjo1_500.png
[/spoili]Eventually figuring out how his tongue worked he replied to the younger man.

"Tiohrhén:sa satá:ti." Then Desmond mentally facepalmed. Now he was doing it too. "Say it in English."

Prototype-prototype-33376352-245-250.gif

"What I said," He said for the benefit of the non-Kanien'kehá:ka speaking Ridley. "Was 'my Father'," He titled his head towards Desmond, and then looked at Ridley, "And-..." He saw little Ryan eavesdropping. Instead of finishing the sentence, he knelt down and talked to her instead.

"Why don't you head back inside for a second kiddo. Me and Ridley need to talk privately."

That's when Achilles began to growl, his fur rippling. He had caught the scent of himself, the younger him, and he wasn't liking it one bit. Connor turned his head and said "Okwaho!" sharply.
The wolf fell silent, chastised. It was well trained, and listened to his master. The former Assassin Hunter looked back at Ryan and smiled, trying to be a soothing presence. "Please?"
Yeah... Ridley wasn't liking this. Not one bit. Especially with Desmond and this kid speaking some language she didn't know, leaving her totally in the Dark. But then again.. Was there any time anybody didn't leave her in the Dark?

She seemed a little more content when Desmond told Connor to repeat himself in English.. Though, she quickly froze up. 'Father'? So.. Hoodie's been getting some. Great. At least I don't need to worry about the no Sleeping With Sirens rule.

"Okay, so.. He's been sleeping around with people. So what?"

Ryan seemed less than happy with being caught.. And her radiant blue eyes stared into Connor's with a surprising sense of calm. Maybe it was because of the big, burly black wolf with the dark eyes at her feet.. Or just that Ryan just had a sense of trust with most everyone, even if nervous at first glance. "..Fine. Just make sure she comes back.. okay?" she requested, before reluctantly turning to go back inside.

• Love
Yeah... Ridley wasn't liking this. Not one bit. Especially with Desmond and this kid speaking some language she didn't know, leaving her totally in the Dark. But then again.. Was there any time anybody didn't leave her in the Dark?

She seemed a little more content when Desmond told Connor to repeat himself in English.. Though, she quickly froze up. 'Father'? So.. Hoodie's been getting some somewhere else. Great. At least I don't need to worry about the no Sleeping With Sirens rule.

"Okay, so.. He's been sleeping around with people. So what?"

Ryan seemed less than happy with being caught.. And her radiant blue eyes stared into Connor's with a surprising sense of calm. Maybe it was because of the big, burly black wolf with the dark eyes at her feet.. Or just that Ryan just had a sense of trust with most everyone, even if nervous at first glance. "..Fine. Just make sure she comes back.. okay?" she requested, before reluctantly turning to go back inside.

Connor smiled as she turned and went back inside. Cute kid. One of the few members of the family that had bothered to show up to his birthday every year. Or any year. At least, before The Fall. After that his birthdays had been forgotten, tossed aside. Weapons didn't need birthdays. Slowly he stood back up as the smile faded from his face, though he was still happier than he'd been in a long time. He opened his mouth to answer Ridley's unasked questions, but was quickly cut off by an unknowing Desmond.

"Hey. I haven't been sleeping around. I haven't even been with..." Danger will robinson. Danger danger danger. Steer to a safer topic. "If he's my son," He said pointing at Connor, "Then there's some sort of multiverse bullshit going on."

4111009-5508573438-tumbl.gif

"I am Desmond's son and I am a Duchannes. I am the merging of the Bloodlines."

Connor spread his arms for a moment, then his formality faded.

"I'm your son, mom."

@Hospes @BarrenThin

• Love
Connor smiled as she turned and went back inside. Cute kid. One of the few members of the family that had bothered to show up to his birthday every year. Or any year. At least, before The Fall. After that his birthdays had been forgotten, tossed aside. Weapons didn't need birthdays. Slowly he stood back up as the smile faded from his face, though he was still happier than he'd been in a long time. He opened his mouth to answer Ridley's unasked questions, but was quickly cut off by an unknowing Desmond.

"Hey. I haven't been sleeping around. I haven't even been with..." Danger will robinson. Danger danger danger. Steer to a safer topic. "If he's my son," He said pointing at Connor, "Then there's some sort of multiverse bullshit going on."

4111009-5508573438-tumbl.gif

"I am Desmond's son and I am a Duchannes. I am the merging of the Bloodlines."

Connor spread his arms for a moment, then his formality faded.

"I'm your son, mom."

@Hospes @BarrenThin

The Siren just rolled her eyes at Desmond's response, seeming unconvinced. "Right. Got it," she replied, crossing her arms. "..And watch your language," she added with the slightest glance back towards the door, seeming oddly annoyed. It was extremely odd that she was annoyed by the language he was using. Before she could make any further jabs, or comments in general.. she was rather abruptly cut off by Connor's next statement.

This... Made Ridley flinch visibly. Her gaze turned away from Desmond, locking onto Connor, instead. Her deep, hypnotic gold eyes stared at him widely, and she was at an obvious loss for words, breath hitched in her throat. Slowly, she shook her head, taking the slightest ghost of a step back. She actually seemed... Scared. "No... Nonono.. I don't..- I can't...- I couldn't have had a kid. Let alone with him!" she finally managed to choke out, looking between the two boys with bewilderment.

If he were our kid.. Hoodie'd be dead.

• Love

The Siren just rolled her eyes at Desmond's response, seeming unconvinced. "Right. Got it," she replied, crossing her arms. "..And watch your language," she added with the slightest glance back towards the door, seeming oddly annoyed. It was extremely odd that she was annoyed by the language he was using. Before she could make any further jabs, or comments in general.. Before she was rather abruptly cut off by Connor's next statement.

This... Made Ridley flinch visibly. Her gaze turned away from Desmond, locking onto Connor, instead. Her deep, hypnotic gold eyes stared at him widely, and she was at an obvious loss for words, breath hitched in her throat. Slowly, she shook her head, taking the slightest ghost of a step back. She actually seemed... Scared. "No... Nonono.. I don't..- I can't...- I couldn't have had a kid. Let alone with him!" she finally managed to choke out, looking between the two boys with bewilderment.

If he were our kid.. Hoodie'd be dead.

"Let alone with me?" He said, irritation showing in his voice, as well as just a hint of pain hidden beneath said irritation. He knew that they weren't exact the perfect couple, or even really good together, but Let Alone with him? Desmond crossed his arms, understandably defensive.

Connor stood between the two of them, not really surprised at his mother's reaction. She had been slow to change in the future too, though in the end when she finally did manage to change it had killed her. He raised his hands up in an attempt to put off a calming air, which might not have been the best idea since it showed off his singular Hidden Blade perfectly, and looked back at her with his piercing blue eyes. Little Ryan's eyes. Ridley's eyes.

"You couldn't have had a kid... not yet." He placed extra emphasis on those last two words.

"Let alone with me?" He said, irritation showing in his voice, as well as just a hint of pain hidden beneath said irritation. He knew that they weren't exact the perfect couple, or even really good together, but Let Alone with him? Desmond crossed his arms, understandably defensive.

Connor stood between the two of them, not really surprised at his mother's reaction. She had been slow to change in the future too, though in the end when she finally did manage to change it had killed her. He raised his hands up in an attempt to put off a calming air, which might not have been the best idea since it showed off his singular Hidden Blade perfectly, and looked back at her with his piercing blue eyes. Little Ryan's eyes. Ridley's eyes.

"You couldn't have had a kid... not yet." He placed extra emphasis on those last two words.

Desmond's obvious offense just made Ridley frown deeper and shake her head again, sighing heavily and rubbing her face. Right... She hadn't quite gotten to tell Desmond about the whole 'when a Caster and a Mortal are very attracted to each other...'--

Annoyedly, Ridley shook her head, pressing her fingers to her temples. She couldn't think about- let alone talk about -that with Ryan in her head. "Dammit, just- Shut up, Hoodie. I'll explain later," she muttered, before glancing wearily at Connor and pointing a finger at him. "..If you are who you say who you are; you better not have screwed anyone."

....Well. That was random.

Turning her back on the three and trying to regather her bearings, Ridley began to pace. This was.. A lot to take in, to say the least. "I said what I meant, Blue Eyes: I couldn't have had a kid. Not with Hoodie, and not with anyone of his kind. End of story," she replied, denying his claims. That probably sounded damn harsh, without context.​

• Love
Desmond's obvious offense just made Ridley frown deeper and shake her head again, sighing heavily and rubbing her face. Right... She hadn't quite gotten to tell Desmond about the whole 'when a Caster and a Mortal are very attracted to each other...'--

Annoyedly, Ridley shook her head, pressing her fingers to her temples. She couldn't think about- let alone talk about -that with Ryan in her head. "Dammit, just- Shut up, Hoodie. I'll explain later," she muttered, before glancing wearily at Connor and pointing a finger at him. "..If you are who you say who you are; you better not have had sex with anyone."

....Well. That was random.

Turning her back on the three and trying to regather her bearings, Ridley began to pace. This was.. A lot to take in, to say the least. "I said what I meant, Blue Eyes: I couldn't have had a kid. Not with Hoodie, and not with anyone of his kind. End of story," she replied, denying his claims. That probably sounded damn harsh, without context.​

"I..." Connor shook his head. He'd thought about a lot of the stuff she was going to say why he tracked this version of Ridley down, but that hadn't been one of them. And he'd thought of a lot of things that could go down. "Mom-..." That was clearly freaking her out, him calling her that, so he switched tactics, calling her something a little more neutral. "Ridley, I haven't had sex with anyone." Well that was an embarrassing thing to admit to. Pretty awkward too.
Maybe he could save just a little face. Maybe. "I've been... fighting for the past couple of years." He looked at Desmond as he said this. Gee I wonder why.

tumblr_ncexjkq1vG1qcxzu2o2_500.gif

"You know Rid, maybe I don't want to have a kid with you. I came here for answers, not to change diapers." Uh oh. Rage mode activated :|. Desmond continued on, completely oblivious to the hidden traditions and rules of Casters and the fact that she was trying to protect him. "Besides. What's my kind supposed to mean? Your body count's just as high as mine."

• Love

"I..." Connor shook his head. He'd thought about a lot of the stuff she was going to say why he tracked this version of Ridley down, but that hadn't been one of them. And he'd thought of a lot of things that could go down. "Mom-..." That was clearly freaking her out, him calling her that, so he switched tactics, calling her something a little more neutral. "Ridley, I haven't had sex with anyone." Well that was an embarrassing thing to admit to. Pretty awkward too.
Maybe he could save just a little face. Maybe. "I've been... fighting for the past couple of years." He looked at Desmond as he said this. Gee I wonder why.

tumblr_ncexjkq1vG1qcxzu2o2_500.gif

"You know Rid, maybe I don't want to have a kid with you. I came here for answers, not to change diapers." Uh oh. Rage mode activated :|. Desmond continued on, completely oblivious to the hidden traditions and rules of Casters and the fact that she was trying to protect him. "Besides. What's my kind supposed to mean? Your body count's just as high as mine."

This was just getting more and more stressful by the minute. And as Connor seemed to realize, him addressing her as 'mom' just made the Siren even more distraught. Flashbacks to the tell of Sarafine murdering her husband- and trying to do the same to her daughter -clouded her ears and vision. The constant reminders that anyone that went Dark could- and likely would -do the same.

This was why Ridley couldn't have a family. She didn't want to become that same monster. She didn't want to hurt the ones she loved. That was why she'd tried to send Desmond away.

kcXsF.jpg

Despite, his statement of not wanting to have a kid with her did sting a little. The Siren almost looked hurt, but the expression vanished as quickly as it came and she waved the assassin off with a frown. Pushing away mode yet again initiated. "Are you deaf, Hoodie? I said I'd explain later," she snapped right back. "I can't talk about this here, alright? You shouldn't, either," she added. "Coming to Gatlin was bad enough.. But you had to come here, didn't you? My f-- the people that live here, are going to have my head."

And of course, Reece had to be listening in, with how nosy she was. Rid had no doubt of this. This is a nightmare.

This was just getting more and more stressful by the minute. And as Connor seemed to realize, him addressing her as 'mom' just made the Siren even more distraught. Flashbacks to the tell of Sarafine murdering her husband- and trying to do the same to her daughter -clouded her ears and vision. The constant reminders that anyone that went Dark could- and likely would -do the same.

This was why Ridley couldn't have a family. She didn't want to become that same monster. She didn't want to hurt the ones she loved. That was why she'd tried to send Desmond away.

08d7f6d6ed.jpg

Despite, his statement of not wanting to have a kid with her did sting a little. The Siren almost looked hurt, but the expression vanished as quickly as it came and she waved the assassin off with a frown. Pushing away mode yet again initiated. "Are you deaf, Hoodie? I said I'd explain later," she snapped right back. "I can't talk about this here, alright? You shouldn't, either," she added. "Coming to Gatlin was bad enough.. But you had to come here, didn't you? My f-- the people that live here, are going to have my head."

And of course, Reece had to be listening in, with how nosy she was. Rid had no doubt of this. This is a nightmare.

I'd rather not talk about it at all. Is what Desmond wanted to say. But, as angry as he was, he did recognize how hard this was for her. Honestly, he wouldn't have taken the whole son thing in stride so well, except... his best friend was a psychic, he'd put a bounty on a Sith Lord, and his old archenemy had been a sentient teddy bear. Desmond's life was so fucked up he had lost his ability to 'even' a long time ago. Still didn't mean he wasn't going to be demanding a blood test the first chance he got though.

"Alright Rid. You win. But we do need to talk about this. Kid has some freaky powers that I know he didn't inherit from my half of the family."

"I didn't get them from Ridley either." He said mysteriously, choosing not reveal where in fact he had gotten them. Turning to the railing he leaped up and sat on it, legs dangling idly. It had been a long hike, plus using his abilities when Lisa shot at him had put a big time strain on his stamina. He was spent. "If you want to send us away, you're going to have to wait until the morning." He jerked his head back behind him, referring to the quickly setting sun. "I can't see in the dark." Yeah. He had more or less just invited himself over for the night. But, it was his family home, so it wasn't that bad, right?

If Desmond had been a dog, his ears would have flipped up at that statement. If Connor was really his son, then why couldn't he see in the dark? Desmond had perfect night vision better than most most animal's.

• Love

I'd rather not talk about it at all. Is what Desmond wanted to say. But, as angry as he was, he did recognize how hard this was for her. Honestly, he wouldn't have taken the whole son thing in stride so well, except... his best friend was a psychic, he'd put a bounty on a Sith Lord, and his old archenemy had been a sentient teddy bear. Desmond's life was so fucked up he had lost his ability to 'even' a long time ago. Still didn't mean he wasn't going to be demanding a blood test the first chance he got though.

"Alright Rid. You win. But we do need to talk about this. Kid has some freaky powers that I know he didn't inherit from my half of the family."

"I didn't get them from Ridley either." He said mysteriously, choosing not reveal where in fact he had gotten them. Turning to the railing he leaped up and sat on it, legs dangling idly. It had been a long hike, plus using his abilities when Lisa shot at him had put a big time strain on his stamina. He was spent. "If you want to send us away, you're going to have to wait until the morning." He jerked his head back behind him, referring to the quickly setting sun. "I can't see in the dark." Yeah. He had more or less just invited himself over for the night. But, it was his family home, so it wasn't that bad, right?

If Desmond had been a dog, his ears would have flipped up at that statement. If Connor was really his son, then why couldn't he see in the dark? Desmond had perfect night vision better than most most animal's.

..Yeah. This really was a nightmare. "Thank you," Ridley finally muttered to Desmond, almost inaudibly. Woah.... Since when did Ridley say thank you? Those were the last words to be expected from her, and yet, there they were. The mention of Connor having powers just made Ridley tense up again, and rather abruptly, she turned on her heel and went to cup Connor's face in her hands.. With surprising gentleness. For a good minute, she just studied his face, before frowning and shaking her head. It hurt to look into those eyes. The same bright eyes that Ridley had had, once upon a time. The same eyes that Ridley's little sister- who was exactly what Rid had been before her Claiming -possessed.

"..How old are you, Blue Eyes?" she asked, crossing her arms. The boy looked to be about her age... But there was no way. He didn't have the green eyes of the Light, or the gold ones of the Dark. "You look awful old, to have not been Claimed," she observed, pinching the bridge of her nose. This was really too much for the Siren to deal with.. Her head reeled with the thoughts and questions, the suspicions and curiosities. And the fear. This was absolutely terrifying.

Connor's suggestion? Just made it more so. Looking about ready to fall straight into a fit of panic, Ridley shook her head insistently. "Nonono.. You can't stay here," she blurted out in all of her wild-eyed and disheveled glory. "I'm not even supposed to be here. You can't just--"

"...Ridley?"

8627b6b436.jpg

..Oh for Sarafine's sake, what now? Rid groaned mentally, glancing over her shoulder.. Before her features fell almost instantaneously. Subconsciously, Ridley tried to put up a mental wall between both herself and Ryan, and herself and Lena. They were the last people she wanted in her mind right now.

lena_duchannes_by_famoustruth-d677atp.png

"Where the hell have you been? Poor Ryan was so worried about you." This made Ridley scoff. Of course, as per usual, Ryan was the only one around that gave a damn about Ridley. Lena only cared about where she'd been because it stressed little Ryan out. "Del's been talking nonsense about you, and Link was..-" There was a pause, and the dark-haired girl garbed in rather gothic clothes took real notice of the two males and the other female now standing on the porch. "..Who are you?"

Rubbing her temples, Ridley just tried to keep from snapping at her cousin and the boy at her side. "'Cuz, Boyfriend, do you mind?" she finally inquired, giving the couple an obviously annoyed look. "I'm trying to explain something to.." she faltered, looking for the right word before ending up just gesturing to the group. "..them."

tumblr_inline_nt25ozrqet1tvljwc_540.png

The male accompanying Lena just shoved his hands in his pockets and raised a brow at the group. "..Who are you three, anyways?" he asked, curiously. The question just made Ridley frown deeper. "That doesn't matter, Boyfriend."

"Well.. You could always explain whatever it is inside. You know you can't stay here.." Yup. There was that heavy blow right to the Ridley's navel tattoo again. "..But it's late. I bet Ryan would be happy to get to talk to you-"

The sentence was cut off by the sound of Ridley's palm meeting her own forehead in an aggravated facepalm. "You know, 'Cuz, that hospitality surely would've been appreciated when Uncle M kicked me out, but I think I'll kindly pass on that offer," she replied, sarcasm dripping from her voice.​

• Love

..Yeah. This really was a nightmare. "Thank you," Ridley finally muttered to Desmond, almost inaudibly. Woah.... Since when did Ridley say thank you? Those were the last words to be expected from her, and yet, there they were. The mention of Connor having powers just made Ridley tense up again, and rather abruptly, she turned on her heel and went to cup Connor's face in her hands.. With surprising gentleness. For a good minute, she just studied his face, before frowning and shaking her head. It hurt to look into those eyes. The same bright eyes that Ridley had had, once upon a time. The same eyes that Ridley's little sister- who was exactly what Rid had been before her Claiming -possessed.

"..How old are you, Blue Eyes?" she asked, crossing her arms. The boy looked to be about her age... But there was no way. He didn't have the green eyes of the Light, or the gold ones of the Dark. "You look awful old, to have not been Claimed," she observed, pinching the bridge of her nose. This was really too much for the Siren to deal with.. Her head reeled with the thoughts and questions, the suspicions and curiosities. And the fear. This was absolutely terrifying.

Connor's suggestion? Just made it more so. Looking about ready to fall straight into a fit of panic, Ridley shook her head insistently. "Nonono.. You can't stay here," she blurted out in all of her wild-eyed and disheveled glory. "I'm not even supposed to be here. You can't just--"

"...Ridley?"

8627b6b436.jpg

..Oh for Sarafine's sake, what now? Rid groaned mentally, glancing over her shoulder.. Before her features fell almost instantaneously. Subconsciously, Ridley tried to put up a mental wall between both herself and Ryan, and herself and Lena. They were the last people she wanted in her mind right now.

lena_duchannes_by_famoustruth-d677atp.png

"Where the hell have you been? Poor Ryan was starting to think you were dead." This made Ridley scoff. Of course, as per usual, Ryan was the only one around that gave a damn about Ridley. Lena only cared about where she'd been because it stressed little Ryan out. "Del's been talking nonsense about you, and Link was..-" There was a pause, and the dark-haired girl garbed in rather gothic clothes took real notice of the two males and the other female now standing on the porch. "..Who are you?"

Rubbing her temples, Ridley just tried to keep from snapping at her cousin and the boy at her side. "'Cuz, Boyfriend, do you mind?" she finally inquired, giving the couple an obviously annoyed look. "I'm trying to explain something to.." she faltered, looking for the right word before ending up just gesturing to the group. "..them."

tumblr_inline_nt25ozrqet1tvljwc_540.png

The male accompanying Lena just shoved his hands in his pockets and raised a brow at the group. "..Who are you three, anyways?" he asked, curiously. The question just made Ridley frown deeper. "That doesn't matter, Boyfriend."

"Well.. You could always explain whatever it is inside. You know you can't stay here.." Yup. There was that heavy blow right to the Ridley's navel tattoo again. "..But it's late. I bet Ryan would be happy to get to talk to you-"

The sentence was cut off by the sound of Ridley's palm meeting her own forehead in an aggravated facepalm. "You know, 'Cuz, that hospitality surely would've been appreciated when Uncle M kicked me out, but I think I'll kindly pass on that offer," she replied, sarcasm dripping from her voice.​

cast_z_nation_nat.jpg

"I'm too old to have been claimed. You don't have to worry. I'm not like you, I'm like him." His head titled towards Desmond. There was a definite undertone of bitterness in the the young man's voice. He'd never wanted to become a merciless killer, hunting down his former friends and family. To lose half the hearing in his left ear when Cameron had set off a concussion grenade too close to his head. To receive a massive scar just below his heart when Lisa had stabbed him there. To kill an innocent women in the crossfire between two soldiers.

"We don't have to stay here, My kind can usually find a spare rooftop or abandoned alley to spend the night in." This was where things got tricky. He wasn't quite ready to reveal why he was here, but he couldn't let her drift off like she usually did. "But we do have to talk. I didn't come here to see dead relatives." That was a massive blunder. He hadn't meant to admit that she had died in the future. Self fulfilling prophecies were scarily accurate. It was also a complete and utter lie. What he needed he could have taken from Desmond easily. He didn't need the same thing from Ridley, but told himself that so he could justify him taking the time to come and see her.

When they heard the voices, both of the Assassins reacted badly. Connor's hand drifted towards the insides of his jacket for the Tomahawk that was awkwardly hidden there, carefully sheathed. Desmond's fingers flexed into a fist, the insides of his thumbs tucked into the fists to call his shock blades, a non lethal version of his normal knives designed to incapacitate rather than kill. At the climax of the mission to kill the Archdemon, after Arya's death, he'd made a vow not to kill whenever there was another way. To save lives instead of taking them.

Connor's hand returned to its casual resting position when he saw who it was though. It was just Lena, one of the few people from Ridley's family that had bothered to show up to any of his birthday parties before the war. She was alright, though a bit mopy most of the time.

Desmond on the other hand was getting pretty irritated. First Ridley being all like "ew desmond you grose gets away from me" then these people showing up, ruining their apparent family reunion. He was being quiet for Ridley's sake, but patience was not his strongest suite these days... aw screw it he was going to speak up.

"I don't know Rid. It might not be good if you and 'them' were forced to stay outside. After all, the bad guys might get us."

• Love

cast_z_nation_nat.jpg

"I'm too old to have been claimed. You don't have to worry. I'm not like you, I'm like him." His head titled towards Desmond. There was a definite undertone of bitterness in the the young man's voice. He'd never wanted to become a merciless killer, hunting down his former friends and family. To lose half the hearing in his left ear when Cameron had set off a concussion grenade too close to his head. To receive a massive scar just below his heart when Lisa had stabbed him there. To kill an innocent women in the crossfire between two soldiers.

"We don't have to stay here, My kind can usually find a spare rooftop or abandoned alley to spend the night in." This was where things got tricky. He wasn't quite ready to reveal why he was here, but he couldn't let her drift off like she usually did. "But we do have to talk. I didn't come here to see dead relatives." That was a massive blunder. He hadn't meant to admit that she had died in the future. Self fulfilling prophecies were scarily accurate. It was also a complete and utter lie. What he needed he could have taken from Desmond easily. He didn't need the same thing from Ridley, but told himself that so he could justify him taking the time to come and see her.

When they heard the voices, both of the Assassins reacted badly. Connor's hand drifted towards the insides of his jacket for the Tomahawk that was awkwardly hidden there, carefully sheathed. Desmond's fingers flexed into a fist, the insides of his thumbs tucked into the fists to call his shock blades, a non lethal version of his normal knives designed to incapacitate rather than kill. At the climax of the mission to kill the Archdemon, after Arya's death, he'd made a vow not to kill whenever there was another way. To save lives instead of taking them.

Connor's hand returned to its casual resting position when he saw who it was though. It was just Lena, one of the few people from Ridley's family that had bothered to show up to any of his birthday parties before the war. She was alright, though a bit mopy most of the time.

Desmond on the other hand was getting pretty irritated. First Ridley being all like "ew desmond you grose gets away from me" then these people showing up, ruining their apparent family reunion. He was being quiet for Ridley's sake, but patience was not his strongest suite these days... aw screw it he was going to speak up.

"I don't know Rid. It might not be good if you and 'them' were forced to stay outside. After all, the bad guys might get us."

8504db8b56.jpg

Despite Connor's obvious dislike of being more like his father than his mother, Ridley was quite relieved to hear this. It was better this way.. Better that Connor wouldn't have to go through what Ridley did. That he didn't have to be Claimed for something that he wasn't, Cast out by his family for becoming that when it wasn't even his choice. "Be glad about that, Blue Eyes. It's better than being disowned for something you didn't get a choice in becoming," she replied, giving her cousin the slightest bitter look, though it faded away.

Of course, the Siren didn't take to Connor's next remark kindly. It was quite obvious that Ridley was getting more and more agitated by the minute. Desmond adding to fuel to the flame, needless to say, didn't help the situation. Ridley's hands buried themselves in her blonde and pink hair, and she groaned aloud in aggravation. "Oh, for fuck's sake! Would you stop with the whining?" she practically pleaded, looking between Connor and Desmond with frustration. "You two don't even understand what you're talking about. You obviously don't know squat about this world. Did you even consider that when you dove on down here?"

This was obviously awkward for Lena and Ethan, to say the least.

In any case, Ridley just threw her hands up in frustration. "You know what? Fine. Fine. Stay here. Your kind are welcome here.. Mine aren't." With that, her somewhat pale cheeks turned pink with frustration and aggravation, Ridley started down the steps. She seemed to mad and actually upset to really process Connor's comment about visiting dead relatives. Though, she did pause for just one moment. "..And Desmond?" Ohoho. She was calling him by his real name, rather than a nickname. That wasn't good. "The only bad guy left here.. is me."​

• Love

8504db8b56.jpg

Despite Connor's obvious dislike of being more like his father than his mother, Ridley was quite relieved to hear this. It was better this way.. Better that Connor wouldn't have to go through what Ridley did. That he didn't have to be Claimed for something that he wasn't, Cast out by his family for becoming that when it wasn't even his choice. "Be glad about that, Blue Eyes. It's better than being disowned for something you didn't get a choice in becoming," she replied, giving her cousin the slightest bitter look, though it faded away.

Of course, the Siren didn't take to Connor's next remark kindly. It was quite obvious that Ridley was getting more and more agitated by the minute. Desmond adding to fuel to the flame, needless to say, didn't help the situation. Ridley's hands buried themselves in her blonde and pink hair, and she groaned aloud in aggravation. "Oh, for fuck's sake! Would you stop with the whining?" she practically pleaded, looking between Connor and Desmond with frustration. "You two don't even understand what you're talking about. You obviously don't know squat about this world. Did you even consider that when you dove on down here?"

This was obviously awkward for Lena and Ethan, to say the least.

In any case, Ridley just threw her hands up in frustration. "You know what? Fine. Fine. Stay here. Your kind are welcome here.. Mine aren't." With that, her somewhat pale cheeks turned pink with frustration and aggravation, Ridley started down the steps. She seemed to mad and actually upset to really process Connor's comment about visiting dead relatives. Though, she did pause for just one moment. "..And Desmond?" Ohoho. She was calling him by his real name, rather than a nickname. That wasn't good. "The only bad guy left here.. is me."​

tumblr_nde4vq6YrV1s0pep1o7_r1_250.gif

"Its not better Ridley." Connor said quietly. "The Assassins change. We... they're not all like Ezio or... Desmond." There was a slight pause as he said that word. He was having trouble getting it out, separating the Mentor from future to the Desmond that stood beside him on the creaky porch. The one that hadn't gone bad yet. "They're not even like Lisa over there." He nodded at the other women.

Yeah. He was saying all this in front of Lena and Ethan. He didn't really care. They wouldn't get it. Or maybe they would. What were they going to do? Ground him?

When Ridley started to go on her mini-rant he just held his hands up in surrender. If there was one thing he remembered as a child, it had been that not even Desmond had been able to win an argument with her. Better to let her just storm away and cool off. That had usually worked in Masayaf.

Hoodie just stood there for as while Ridley walked off. What came next, he needed to be alone with her for. The information that he had gathered at the end of the thing that Connor had proved one thing. That there were other Ridley Duchannes active in the multiverse.

That meant there was something Desmond had to do. Waiting till Ridley had walked a distance off, he flipped over the back of the railing, totally on purpose, and set after her. Swiggity swoogity.

Everyday+my+little+monster_343c50_4891380.gif

Sneaking up silently behind her again, mirroring the techniques that Connor also used from their shared ancestor, he moved forward forward, silently but efficiently, and stabbed her, just slightly right of the spine.

Or it might be more accurate to say that he tased her. Near the end of the mission to assassinate the Archdemon he had upgraded his Hidden Blades with a dual function mode. One was his normal lethal blades, the other had been a set of shock tips to try and slow his ever expanding body count.

Catching her as her body locked up, Desmond gently lowered her onto her back, looking down at her. The irritation from earlier was gone. So was the ever present weariness that had been present during the Archdemon mission. He had found purpose within his new duties, even if every day brought new problems.

"Sorry Rid. I didn't want to do this, but if its not really you I didn't want you casting any sort of illusions to keep me from finding out."

@Hospes

• Love
8627b6b436.jpg

Connor's statement just made Ridley shake her head. "Hah. Yeah, be glad they all are not like her," she replied in reference to Lisa. Looked like the blonde was still holding a grudge. But could you really blame her? "Look, it doesn't matter right now. I told you, I can't have been your..-" Well, that sentence came to a sudden stop when Ridley recalled her cousin was there. Because of this, the Siren just shook her head with annoyance. "..Ugh. Whatever."

Regardless, Ridley was totally outie. :|

While Desmond pursued the obviously upset Ridley, Lena just awkwardly rubbed her neck. If this were an anime.. She'd have a massive sweatdrop. "So, uhh.. That happened."

Meanwhile, Ridley had started on her merry way to.. Wherever the hell it was she had intended to cool down at. For all anyone knew, the girl was about to pull her infamous vanishing trick yet again. Go off of the grid. But she didn't exactly get far. Soon enough, she had picked up that she was being followed.. But by that time, Desmond had already moved in for the metaphorical kill.. And next thing she knew, a certain Siren felt a current go through her body, and she was rendered immobile...

And of course, she had to fall right into Desmond's arms like this was some magical, romantic fairytale.. Well, news flash: it wasn't. What's a Caster Fairytale ending? I don't know, because Casters don't get to have fairytales- especially not Dark Casters. Forget the sunset- the whole castle burns to the ground, taking that precious Prince Charming down with it. Then the Seven Dwarves go all ninja and drop-kick your butt straight out of the kingdom. That's what a Dark Caster fairytale looked like.

Despite all of this, Ridley gave Desmond a pointed glare. She gritted her teeth, trying to ignore the horrible jolting sensation spreading through her body. Desmond was lucky she couldn't move, because if she could've? He'd have been getting a massive bitch slap right about now. "You're damn funny, Hoodie. I'm not an illusionist, and even if I were, this wouldn't be worth the effort just to pull your leg," she retaliated, clearly fuming. If she wasn't pissed off before, she certainly was, now. No doubt about it. "Look, just drop me. Run off and hang out with my perfect little cousin and your alleged kid. I don't care. I want to be alone right now. Got it, Hoodie?" she snapped, obviously agitated.

• Love
8627b6b436.jpg

Connor's statement just made Ridley shake her head. "Hah. Yeah, be glad they all are not like her," she replied in reference to Lisa. Looked like the blonde was still holding a grudge. But could you really blame her? "Look, it doesn't matter right now. I told you, I can't have been your..-" Well, that sentence came to a sudden stop when Ridley recalled her cousin was there. Because of this, the Siren just shook her head with annoyance. "..Ugh. Whatever."

Regardless, Ridley was totally outie. :|

While Desmond pursued the obviously upset Ridley, Lena just awkwardly rubbed her neck. If this were an anime.. She'd have a massive sweatdrop. "So, uhh.. That happened."

Meanwhile, Ridley had started on her merry way to.. Wherever the hell it was she had intended to cool down at. For all anyone knew, the girl was about to pull her infamous vanishing trick yet again. Go off of the grid. But she didn't exactly get far. Soon enough, she had picked up that she was being followed.. But by that time, Desmond had already moved in for the metaphorical kill.. And next thing she knew, a certain Siren felt a current go through her body, and she was rendered immobile...

And of course, she had to fall right into Desmond's arms like this was some magical, romantic fairytale.. Well, news flash: it wasn't. What's a Caster Fairytale ending? I don't know, because Casters don't get to have fairytales- especially not Dark Casters. Forget the sunset- the whole castle burns to the ground, taking that precious Prince Charming down with it. Then the Seven Dwarves go all ninja and drop-kick your butt straight out of the kingdom. That's what a Dark Caster fairytale looked like.

Despite all of this, Ridley gave Desmond a pointed glare. She gritted her teeth, trying to ignore the horrible jolting sensation spreading through her body. Desmond was lucky she couldn't move, because if she could've? He'd have been getting a massive bitch slap right about now. "You're damn funny, Hoodie. I'm not an illusionist, and even if I were, this wouldn't be worth the effort just to pull your leg," she retaliated, clearly fuming. If she wasn't pissed off before, she certainly was, now. No doubt about it. "Look, just drop me. Run off and hang out with my perfect little cousin and your alleged kid. I don't care. I want to be alone right now. Got it, Hoodie?" she snapped, obviously agitated.

Desmond finished lowering her to the ground, making sure to set her head down as gently as possible. He wasn't trying to hurt her, but he needed his answers. "Our alleged kid," Desmond snipped right back at her. He found the whole kid/future thing pretty unbelievable, but he honestly wasn't sure what to make of it anymore. His life was just crazy enough that something like this could happen. Or maybe the kid was nuts and suffering from the Bleeding Effect. Who knows.

Moving down, he looked uneasily at her. He was about to get massive creep points for this, without a doubt, but covering your back came before feeling creepy. "Rid, Don't reach for your rape whistle. I'm just checking to see if you have your scar."

Pulling her shirt up just the slightest amount he quickly peeked to see that there was infact a scar there, he pulled it back down quickly, maybe a little faster and harder than was necessary.

Embarrassed Desmond is Embarrassed

Sf0GLEv.jpg

Then he backed up to a very safe distance, and sat down. The shock he had given her wouldn't last for long, and shouldn't leave any lasting side effects. If he'd had it dialed up to full power it probably would have fried her brain a little, but he almost never used that power setting on his allies :|

"Good. You're my Rid. You wouldn't have been the first impostor I've met." Then he just kind of sat there, just staring at her. He hadn't planned on meeting up with her again. Ever. He'd sent her away to keep her safe, but it had seemed like trouble was intent on seeking out the both of them. Trouble's name was Connor.

"Besides. How would I know if you're an illusionist or not. You haven't exactly been the most forthcoming about stuff." This coming from... the Mentor of the Assassin Order. The secret priestly killers that fought shadow wars with the descendants of Cain.

Totally not hypocritical Desmond :|​

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.