Blood Wars: The Shadow Academy of the Damned

"I normally only tell people what they need to know. Or sometimes when I like a person enough, what they ask for a question. You are lucky today I am feeling talkative enough. Hmm my full name is Jadelyn. Apparently I am named after my mother who I've never met. I am a born, proud blood sucker. Do not confuse me for vampire, they are a weaker cult of our bloodline. We are much more powerful in many ways. We don't feed or need blood to survive whatsoever. But in some ways, weaker."

Vivian nodded her head and decided to tell Jade what she was.
"Well, alright..I'm a Deletaine. Which means, I have two elements infused into my blood. Can you guess which two those are?" She smiled and winked at Jade and then licked her lips and began explaining more about her species.
"As well as having two elements infused into my blood, I also have a strong animal demon locked away, right here." She pointed to her chest, mostly where her heart would be. Although she was human in some ways, she didn't have one heart, she had two. Her own, as well as the fox demon's. She smiled again and began thinking of a question. She finally got it and asked.
"How old are you, Jade?" She grinned and waited for an answer.

"I am a 117 young one. The equivalent of 17 in most races ages. I've lived a very long time and am on my second life. We enter the war in our second life or century as you call it and die somewhere in the third."

Juliet, still listening to the students' conversation, decided to test herself as she did every once in awhile. She turned back to human, then tried to picture something well enough to transform. She thought of a bat for a bit, when she finally turned. Juliet flew around the room, glad to feel free, even though the poor eyesight and ultrasonic sounds were a bit awkward. She always kept a book of animals in the back if she needed it...

Vivian watched as Juliet flew around the room and she clapped, she grinned up at the instructor, and turned her head back to Jade. She nodded and spoke softly.
"I am 19, but Deletaine's are immortal and can live forever, but of course we have our weaknesses like any other. Disease doesn't really effect us too much." She thought for a moment and then spoke again, enthusiasm clear in her voice.
"Well, do you have any questions for me? " She grinned and brushed back her fiery red hair and crossed her ankles.

"No one lives forever in the war. My race, blood suckers could easily live forever but something with the war keeps us from doing so and the same with you. You'll die it's inevitable and it's sad."

she looked at Vivian and smiled. "Do you have a crush on me?"

Vivian was nodding her head solemnly to Jade's statement when she threw a curve ball at her. Her emerald green eyes widened and she had a red blush start to deepen on her cheeks. She looked down at her hands folded so neatly into her lap, and shrugged her shoulders and looked back up at Jade. She bit her lip and laughed sheepishly.
"I know, I shouldn't, with the war going on..but, you can't help these kind of things." She laughed again and turned away, slightly embarrassed that Jade knew she had a thing for her.

Juliet sighed quietly when Jade FINALLY threw out the question. It took her THAT long? Juliet then changed back to human form and sat down again, finally calm-ish. "Well," She said to the students. "What do we have here? You won't be in the academy long enough for your relationship, Vivian, so I wouldn't enjoy it too much..." Juliet put away the extra weapons, remembering to do so suddenly, and prepared for the next batch of students.

"Only time will tell. We don't choose or partners lightly. Once we do enact upon any love, it against or will or culture to kill them. I don't know where you'll end up. I hope to never at least meet you on the battlefield whether or not we meet there. But time will tell Vivian."

Jade smiled, she was cute and her emerald eyes were dazzling. She knew things may happen, but she also knew Jade had promised herself no friends. This was a rule she was gonna have to break regardless of the consequences later.

Juliet's tone of voice slightly stung Vivian, and she bit her lip and looked down. She didn't know what to do. She better go to another class, another batch of students would surely show up in a few minutes. She got up from her desk and turned to leave.
"It was nice talking to you both, and training. Thanks." She bit her lip again and began to leave, she placed a hand on the doorknob, and waited to see if any one would tell her to leave, or to stay, or something. She didn't want to leave just yet.

"Where are you running off to? You do realize I basically told you I didn't want to kill you on the battlefield cutie?" Jade chuckled. Maybe it had been too subtle. She picked up her bag, bowed gracefully to Juliet.

"Thank you for the lesson, Instructor."

She walked over to Vivian and messed with her hair. "It's lunch period. So get lunch with me and Talia. She'll love you."

Vivian giggled a little bit at Jade messing up her hair and nodded her head, grateful that she seemed to actually make a friend. She opened up the door and walked out into the hall. She glanced around as the rest of the students filed out of their classrooms to go to lunch. Vivian didn't have too much of an opinion about the lunch food, nothing really bad, but nothing over the top either. She laughed and turned back and grabbed Jade's hand and tugged her along to the cafeteria.
"Where is your friend Talia?" She asked curiously, peering around to the other students.

Jade nodded towards the direction of the lunch room. "She's in the lunch room waiting probably or will join us soon."

She headed out the door and walked towards to the lunch room. When she arrived, she could see Taila wasn't there yet. "She must have been late to class today." Jade walked over to the food line and piled a tray high with food. A solider needed to eat what she burnt in the combat room. She grabbed three drinks and headed over to the table where Talia and her agreed to sit. Jade sat down and smiled and dove into her food.

"Oh," Juliet said with a sigh. "The headmaster's gonna kill me if the classroom isn't prepared for the next class. 'OH, CLEAN YOUR ROOM! OH, I'M BETTER THAN YOU LOWLY CREATURES! YOU'RE NOT WELCOME TO SIT WITH US, STRANGER!' I'd like to teach her some manners..." Juliet sighed again and started to clean the magic leftovers and the fake blood of the dummies. She took one that wasn't fit for classwork anymore, turned into a black panther, and ripped it to shreds to get her anger out, hoping 'Little Miss Perfect' didn't walk in on her.

Vivian grabbed a plate of food, that didn't really look too appetizing, and sat next to Jade and started taking small precise bites. She wasn't really all that hungry, and well, the food didn't help. She grabbed a drink and opened it and started sipping at it. It was rather good. She wiped her mouth with a napkin and turned to Jade.
" So who is your friend Taila? Is she nice?" Vivian asked curiously, and took another bite of the food. It wasn't all that bad really, just needed more flavor to it, and it was a bit raw. So, Vivian knew exactly what to do. She warmed up her hand and heated up the food, and then grabbed a small packet of herbs that she kept with her at all times and sprinkled some basil over the food. She took a bite, and closed her eyes with how good it tasted.
"Mmm, not bad now." She grinned and ate a little more.

Jade laughed at Vivian cooking her food. "No amount of spices is gonna make it any better. Natural food is the the best food." Jade ate for someone twice her size, but she burned calories fast. Food at the academies general sucked so she often had either caught it herself (some of her classes had required that for survival training) or stick with vegetables & fruit. Her plate was exactly that fruit and vegetables and then a bunch of dessert. She couldn't help eat dessert.

"Talia is nice. Normally she does all the talking. I met her when I arrived a week ago. She's a nice lunch buddy."

Jade studied Vivian eating her food. "Don't like lunch food?"

((OCC: I'm guessing Psychedelic isn't part of the RP anymore, so we will continue on without her unless she comes back))

Taila sat down and immediately went on and on and on about what happened this morning. Jade nodded to her story occasionally looked at Vivian to make sure she wasn't overwhelmed. Talia loved telling outlandish stories, but even Jade could admit they were good and very entertaining.

"Talia, aren't you hungry?" said Jade. Talia laughed and excused herself to the lunch line.

(Psssst! Pssst! Send the head in on Juliet! Pssst! It will be amusing...)
"Oh no," Juliet said, looking around. "It seems I have made a mess. The officials must not see this!" Juliet began to clean, back to human form now, starting to worry about angry principals.

Vivian raised a slender eyebrow at Talia and shrugged and started eating the rest of her food. The girl seemed alright, but a little bit more talkative than what Vivian would like her to be. Vivian watched her walk up to the lunch line and glanced at Jade. She was almost done with her mountain of food. Vivian laughed, and spoke.
"Was your food good? You seem to have inhaled it." She giggled and smiled at the girl.

Jade joked back: "I need substance, therefore I inhale. Fact of life."

Jade smiled back at Vivian. Vivian seemed to have an effect on her. She brought out her humanity whereas she normally acted the warrior she is.

"So Viv, what do you want to do....you know...in the future? Your role?" It was a topic that people didn't typically venture in.