Blood Wars: The Shadow Academy of the Damned

"Pretty nifty work I say. You should enroll in some combat classes as your supplementary classes. I think you'd do well."

Jade aimed her arrow and shot it straight into the head of a dummy. It exploded knocking some of the other out. Juliet may be mad and I've probably upset her wolf, but damn this is cool.

"You have a lot of potential. You'd make a good warrior."

Vivian blushed slightly at the girl's compliment. She winked and licked her soft pale lips, then spoke.
"Well, that's why I chose Magic. You aren't just subjected to one thing or another, really. I mean I can heal someone, or I can kill them, if I set my mind to it. I can create armor, or I can create weapons! I can do anything with magic, pretty much. I love it. I could teach you some if you'd like!" She smiled and gazed hopefully at Jade, and swayed side to side.

"As well, as just choosing one or the other, I mean I may not be as smart as some of the other kids in Intelligence classes, but I still have a bit of knowledge that you can only get from studying magic, and the spell book!" She grinned.

"I would love to, but my powers don't work like that. If you've ever seen me in any of your magical classes doing nothing, it's because Instructors here don't encourage what I do."

She sighed and continued shooting the dummies and targets for practice though it was over again. She wanted to put herself to use in anyway she could. She knew it was dangerous, but if she could save someone, namely those who cared about she would do it in a heartbeat.

Vivian nodded her head slightly, and sighed. She looked at her smooth pale palms and began forming two different "fires". In her left hand was a shadow like fire, cool to the touch, but dark and deep. On her right hand was actual fire, burning hot, and flickering softly. Vivian had an idea and she looked at one of the targets she would aim at, as well as the targets around the dummy, because she didn't know what she was about to do, would do. She licked her lips and turned her emerald eyes to Jade.
"Hold on, I want to try something." She bit her lips and began fusing the two elements together with both hands. It started to crackle and sizzle, the shadow was feeding the fire. She whispered a small prayer to the goddess, and flung the shadow-fire ball at the dummy and it exploded on impact. A cloud of what looked like smoke, but Vivian knew it was the shadow filled the area around the dummies. She bit her lip and looked down at her feet.
"Sorry.."

Juliet wasn't very comfortable around magic. When Vivian started firing it about, she wasn't very pleased, although with Jade's arrow, it seemed pretty effective. "Well done," She said calmly. "Failure is not looked down upon here, continue to practice, Vivian. Jade, very good work with the bow. The flame arrows may have a future. Next! Arch here will help me with this one. He will wear these plates, made to adapt to his size, and change sizes while moving around. Try to hit as many as you can. Oh, and Vivian, please wait your turn, Jade will do this one. I don't want my wolf being zapped by any magic... Arch, ready? BEGIN!" The wolf began changing from big to small to medium and back again. Her ran around his half of the room full speed, his armor was lightweight but good enough to prevent him from being killed. "I have another activity for you, Vivian."

Jade studied the dummies and saw flickers of things that didn't belong there. They slowly begun to fade. Vivian would do very well as a solider.

"Hmm interesting. This could be used as a distraction very well given it doesn't have any dark magic in it." She turned to Vivian. "How much do you know about your shade-fire? What it's effects are? I wouldn't use it on a person till you did you research."

Vivian thought for a moment at Jade's questions and simply shrugged her shoulders, she really didn't know much about it.
"That was my first time using it or even trying it, I mean it seems affective, but I can practice it more later on." She smiled at jade and watched as Juliet began speaking and as her wolf ran around with his armor. She thought it was pretty efficient way to practice. She then heard that juliet had something for her to do. Vivian's eyes perked up and she turned her gaze to the instructor and nodded her head, eager to learn whatever she was going to do.

"Jade," Juliet said in an orderly fashion. "You may begin target practice with Arch. Vivian, I know this isn't magic class, but I would like you to demonstrate different types of offensive m-magic on the dummies across the room. PLEASE be careful!"

Vivian nodded, and thought for a moment. She knew all the spells for using her own elements that were infused in her blood. But, she didn't know very much about other types of destruction spells. She reached her hand into her pocket and began digging about for her small book of spells on magic that she wasn't use to using. She retrieved it from her pocket and thumbed through it, looking for a decent spell to start learning. She began mumbling the names of the spells.
"Gust, Chill, Aurora, Zap.." She bit her lip and decided to use an ice spell, the easiest one was called simply "Chill". She smiled and began looking at the incantations for the spell and began me memorizing them and repeating them over and over in her brain. She then began to speak them, the language of magic rolling off her tongue.

" ..Akull..ijs, je adducere die akull ijs amach.." Slowly her hand grew slightly colder and she lifted her hand slowly and flung it forward. Ice shards expelled from her hand and pierced one of the dummies in the head, heart, and groin. She grinned and whispered a small thanks to the goddess and turned to the instructor.

"Good," Juliet commented. "Two deadly blows and one... Uncomfortable spot. Anything else in that book of yours, Vivian? Arch, continue."

Vivian leafed through her book and nodded. She began listing a few spell names to see what Juliet thought of them, she really had no idea of what to try next.
"Well, there is a wind spell, a "holy light" spell for demons, I believe, as well as an electricity spell, A drain spell, a curse spell, and a mirror image spell. There are a few others, though." She smiled and waited for the instructor to tell her what to do. Or at least give her a suggestion.

"Hmmm," Juliet said quietly. "Because this is combat class, and not magic class, I recommend you use one that can kill quickly and easily or one that you will use frequently. Your decision."

Jade was very careful not to actually hit the wold but she hit the middle of every shield perfectly. She was using arrows that acted like normal arrows but didn't do any damage or even pierce anything. They do however leave a orange dot for every spot they hit. And clung like a normal arrow would to whatever it landed on. it was the perfect arrow for combat practice.

Jade was great with arrows standing still but she needed to practice when both her and the targets were moving so she began to pace back and forth trying to hit the wolf as much as she can. She was much worse now but she was doing alright. In time she would have this weapon perfected too.

All the while she wondered why no one asked about her power. People were naturally curious as they have always been. Regardless she focused on her exercise.

Well, because I am already well skilled in fire, and I'm beginning to get frost/ice down, than I will try electricity. It could do a lot of damage, I think. She leafed through her book and finally found the beginning electric spell which was simply called "Zap". She giggled a bit and then began reading the chants in her head and then once she was sure enough to be able to use them, she began to say them out loud. The magic language once again rolled off her tongue naturally.
"..leictreacha nykyinen..flux ind..manas rokai ak..galvanize inimicus meus.." Just like she had spoken in the language of magic, a current of electricity flowed from her finger tips and zapped the dummy in the middle, burning it severely. She smiled and watched Jade and smiled at her.
"You are doing great, Jade!" She grinned.

"Now I could do so much better. If only someone let me bite them!" She laughed. "Relax I'm kidding."

Jade hopped down and ignored the wolf running around and walked to Vivian. "You need to slow down you'll exhaust yourself and it won't be pretty. Trust me on this. You won't be able to heal and function if you overstress yourself. Have you considered storing energy as Miss Mallgy has suggested in every damn lecture?"

something about Vivian made her more talkative and willing to share her knowledge with others. Usually she kept to herself.

Juliet flinched slightly as the magic was fired. When she realized that nothing important was on fire, she spoke happily. "Excellent Jade, I've been making sure Arch is doing his exercises. Vivian, I'm glad I'm not on fire. Well done. Arch, break time!" Arch went over to his water bowl and lapped up a large amount. He panted from all his running, it was hard to do! "Well, I suppose that's enough for today. If you guys want to rest and practice until the bell rings, feel free. I have to repair these dummies." She shut off everything, and sat down at her "desk."

Vivian nodded her head. She remembered half of what Miss Mallgy had taught and talked about because she was falling asleep by her monotone voice that droned on and on. She giggled and sat in one of the desks facing Jade. She blinked her emerald eyes and bit her lip. Although Vivian was pansexual, she had never really told anybody she liked girls as well. She blushed slightly at the thought and rubbed the back of her fire red hair sheepishly.
"That is true, I mean although I know how to heal myself, it's really hurtful when I can't even use my strength to heal myself, so let's take a break and talk, if you want. I want to know more about you." She giggled and waited for her to respond, taking a glance over at the instructor.

"Not yet. Class isn't over. When I haven't exerted enough energy I do my Northern Shaolion exercises. They require a lot of strength and energy."

jade stretch a bit on the mat and then begun performing very powerful and extravagant moves that required incredible focus. After 20 minutes she ended up do a variation of a round kick amd a roll back onto her feet. Jade walked over to her bag and pulled out a towel to wipe herself down because she was sweating heavily.

she sat down next to Vivian not too far from Juliet. "What do you want to know?"

Vivian thought for a moment and slightly shrugged her shoulders. She grinned at Jade.
"Well, anything you are willing to tell me, I mean I will tell you anything. I trust you." She smiled once more and licked her soft pink lips and turned to face the instructor for a minute and smile at her. She turned back to Jade and folded her soft hands into her lap and looked down at her bell bottom jeans. She waited for a reply from Jade, and in that time, she studied her beautiful features.

Juliet looked from Vivian to Jade and back. "Is she," Juliet thought. "Oh... That explains it. Good luck, Jade. We have an interesting one on our hands. Romance, no matter which way you swing, isn't gonna help you on the battlefield." Juliet stood in boredom and walked over to Arch. She laid her hand on him lightly, and transformed into a slightly smaller copy. Being a wolf was fun for her, she liked to see from Arch's point of view. Juliet ran around the training area to burn off some steam as the ladies talked.