Blood Thirsty

The girl smiled. It may have been genuine but made him feel uneasy all the same. Apparently she as fine. That was questionable as she hastily licked her own wound. Him, being the first to feed on her was understandable, and expected. Even he himself had never been feasted upon. He watched her more, she seemed off. She wasn't in her usual shy, withdrawn state and it showed even more when she spoke? Giving him a warning? When had she ever been so forward? Seth replied in a smooth voice " I don't plan on making a habit of it.. " What he really wanted to say was " Thank you. I am in your debt " But of course he never got around to it. Suddenly she seemed as if she was about to fall. Seth grabbed her by the arm which had recently be cut and pulled her close to him. " Maybe... You shouldn't walk "

*She stood silent, her eyes staring down at nothing in particular. She exhaled deeply, as her usual 'normal' personality returned.* "Hm?" *She flinched suddenly at the touch of the man on her skin. She stumbled over as the man yanked on her arm. Her eyes widened at the sight of what lay in front of her. She was close. Too close. Her eye level was aligned directly with the man's chest. She swallowed, quickly lowering her head, keeping her sight straight to the ground.* "I can walk..."
*She mumbled, lightly pulling her arm away from his grasp. What was wrong with her now? With her gaze still to the ground she took a step back.* "I just....I just want to rest." *No one had asked. This was not his concern. Yet they were the only words that were processed. *

She seemed to have mellowed out. Seth looked down at her, his hazel eyes scanning for anything visibly wrong. Nothing. It was abit awkward. She wouldn't look him in the eye, well they were usually hidden but he was used to the attention on his face. Her arm fell from his grasp. From some reason, that was a slap in the face. Almost as if to say, ' I don't need your help '. Seth sighed and watched as she took a step back. " Well where would you like to go? " he asked. If it were him he would simply fall asleep under a shady tree or in some soft grass, which would be slightly uncomfortable without the hoody he left back in the inn.

*Where to go? She wasn't exactly sure. She never was. There was no place in particular. For the moment all she wanted to do was set a great distance from this place. Who knew when the boy would reawaken. Or worse. Others would come looking for him. From the little she facts she knew, these creatures traveled in packs. Eventually she was able to face the hunter. She lifted her head, but still did not look him in the eye.* "I'm not sure..." *Maybe it was best if she left. The only thing she was accomplishing was most likely just holding him back from other duties.* "You don't have to...."*She went silent as her thoughts recalled the words he had spoken earlier. Protect her? From what?* "You don't have to stay."

Last edited:
Seth gave a puzzled look as she spoke. ' You don't have to.. ' He waited for her to finish and sighed when she had done so. He knew full well that they could part ways at any time. He wasn't here because he had to be. " Yeah I know. " He mumbled. " I'm still with you.. Because I want to be. " The words seemed to come out slowly as if they wanted to stay locked inside his mind. " But I owe you my life now. And if it's what you want, I'll go "

*he wanted to be there? Why? She still did not quite understand this man's actions. How could his behavior have change so much from the first time they met? What puzzled her the most was the fact that he had not killed her yet. * "Oh...no...I just..." *Just what? Her thoughts were not making any sense. What was she thinking? Never before did she evet have situations like these, to a point where she couldn't even speak. * "I don't..." * No that wasn't right. Did she not want him to leave? * "You don't have to go..." *She mumbled, her eyes looking everywhere else but to the man.* " But you don't have to stay. It's your choice. And you don't owe me anything. " *She was thankful enough that he had not killed her just yet .*

He listened to her ramble and stutter for a moment. She was quite out of it, her thoughts obviously scrambled. Finally, she gave him a choice. The same one he debated every moment they were near each other. Stay? Or go. Seth didn't know how to answer without saying something that grinded on his emotions. So he answered while avoiding the question. " Find somewhere you'd be comfortable resting. If it's expensive I'll pay. " And by pay he meant intimidate the owner. He meant it. Seth hoped that was answer enough for her.

*His answer was not what she was expecting at all. Was it even considered a response? From his reply, she was able to realize that this man did not want to answer. He was not going to answer. With a sigh, she stumbled over to the nearest tree.* "hmph." *She stopped, facing the tree, and straightened her posture, knowing her footsteps had not been so graceful.* "I don't need comfortable...." *She never did ask for luxuries. She never had any. She was grateful for what she had, for making it to this point. Little by little she turned around, trying to keep her balance as best as possible. The feeling was much like earlier, although this time there was no alcohol. She plopped her self down on the ground, leaning back against the bark.

Wait,.. what? The question rang through his head as Nicholai remembered the hunters words. He was protecting her? The man, who only hours ago tried to end her, was looking out for her now? He could only stand in a dazed confusion as the scene unfolded, the fight between the wolf and the hunter. There were also images of gunshots, the girl flying into the stools as she was knocked back, a white flash and a big bang, and blurred and muffled by the ringing voices in his head, a mass jumble of thought. When he finally came to, he saw a terrified little Native American boy had replaced the form of the hulking werewolf, the girl and the hunter had shuffled off, and the bar was trashed. He looked around in confusion before his sight landed on the boy. He walked over to him. Staring at him blankly. He didn't recognize the boy at first, but his face reminded him of someone... An old chief he used to know. He never knew what happened to that man, as he had not seen him since he led his older brother to him. His brother was dead now, killed by a Cathar, a warrior of an underground organization of religious fanatics and hunters. "Are you... alright?" he asked the boy.