Blood of Royals (A Medieval RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got a Viking sell sword if you need one.

Whelp, I guess I'm in...
So, will everyone have their own countries? Or would it be like in groups?

Whelp, I guess I'm in...
So, will everyone have their own countries? Or would it be like in groups?
Well it all depends on whether or not someone wants to be in the same country as you. So say two people both want France, they can both be part of it but will have to work out the details for how it'll work. Such as who's next in line for the throne and what not.

Now, how does being a peasant/commoner connect with the royals? What I mean is, based on the characters backgrounds, how limited are interactions?

Now, how does being a peasant/commoner connect with the royals? What I mean is, based on the characters backgrounds, how limited are interactions?
So the peasants and commoners can play an important role by being a servant of a kingdom. They can also work with secret organizations to ruin the royal family, so they will be limited only slightly, getting what they want will be difficult though, I put it as an option for those who like to play more difficult roles, also they are able to go up in power and become lords or nobles.

Also to everyone, if anyone wants to contribute their two cents to any ideas, I would gladly listen to any of the them.

I'm debating on playing a commoner, might just go with a Prince based on how this turns out in the OoC.

Viking sell sword, roams around with his band of battle lovers and works for whatever side he likes. God it's gonna bee liiiiiiiit

I'm probably going to have my character be a masked assassin who controls a crime filled kingdom through fear and manipulation

Last edited by a moderator:
As for ideas, we need to keep the plot flowing, so that we don't just have people sitting around waiting for something to happen. Like a catalyst to kick off this thing.

I say that there should be some catastrophic event that has happened recently or will happen soon, tensions are high, everyone is on edge, and governments are beginning to struggle maintaining control of their people. To prevent all out war from breaking out, there has been a meeting being held to form a treaty by one of the countries (possibly an npc one), this could be a trap to take out some of the competition, or it could be the start of a powerful alliance.
It is up to the player to decide what to do.

As for ideas, we need to keep the plot flowing, so that we don't just have people sitting around waiting for something to happen. Like a catalyst to kick off this thing.

I say that there should be some catastrophic event that has happened recently or will happen soon, tensions are high, everyone is on edge, and governments are beginning to struggle maintaining control of their people. To prevent all out war from breaking out, there has been a meeting being held to form a treaty by one of the countries (possibly an npc one), this could be a trap to take out some of the competition, or it could be the start of a powerful alliance.
It is up to the player to decide what to do.
Zombiepocalypse. lol. Just kidding of course. Though still viable I guess if magic and monster are added.

But the events could be partially historic, like when the Ottoman's attacked hungary and changing the setting in a manner as if they are approaching to conquer europe with very overwhelming odds.

Zombiepocalypse. lol. Just kidding of course. Though still viable I guess if magic and monster are added.

But the events could be partially historic, like when the Ottoman's attacked hungary and changing the setting in a manner as if they are approaching to conquer europe with very overwhelming odds.
I was thinking something more like the Conjunction of the Spheres from the Wicher. Since this is a bit more realistic, the magic and monsters would probably be toned down a bit. I would actually enjoy a combination of the two somehow. An alternate timeline of real-world events in which events are also affected by magic, monsters, and other fantasy stuff like that.

I was thinking something more like the Conjunction of the Spheres from the Wicher. Since this is a bit more realistic, the magic and monsters would probably be toned down a bit. I would actually enjoy a combination of the two somehow. An alternate timeline of real-world events in which events are also affected by magic, monsters, and other fantasy stuff like that.
Maybe that's how we'd implicate the monsters into the rp. Also based on what I read from the link is that it's somewhat like The Breach from dragon age inquisition. As for magic, I'm not really sure how I'd implement it.

Edit: BTW to everyone @Zeroisdead is the co-gm.

As for magic, I'm not really sure how I'd implement it.
That it just recently woke in a small per centage of people? Possibly some royals for "unknown" reasons and some rare cases in the general population, ala witches and warlocks thing that the christians so much used to fear?

Could then be culturally centered, too as asian Belief's were different.

That it just recently woke in a small per centage of people? Possibly some royals for "unknown" reasons and some rare cases in the general population, ala witches and warlocks thing that the christians so much used to fear?

Could then be culturally centered, too as asian Belief's were different.

I think it would be a bit unfair if we were to make it mostly royals. It should be just very rare in general. And even if they have the ability, it should also take time and effort to become proficient in. Just so everyone isn't using magic all the time. Perhaps we could leave it to rng or something.

As for cultural things, I do think that it should be more of a cultural base when it come to monsters and stuff, but perhaps not evey monster exists, there still should be myths.
I also think that magic is perceived as different things. Similar to real life, every region would have their own beliefs on what it came from and if it's a blessing or the work of the devil. Perhaps even some believe that people who can use magic are messengers of god or something like that. Not all magic should be perceived as witchcraft.

Reactions: Jade
I think it would be a bit unfair if we were to make it mostly royals. It should be just very rare in general. And even if they have the ability, it should also take time and effort to become proficient in. Just so everyone isn't using magic all the time. Perhaps we could leave it to rng or something.
Witches and warlocks were burned and with it the proper ones that could make use of magic would be even fewer than few and the practise and knowledge on the subject itself would be nigh to nonexistant due to it.(christianity)
There are ways to make it work and even a tad in accordance to historic events but i is up to you two to include magic or not. It really matters little to me as I am just bouncing off thoughts that could be used within a construct or changed or whatever really :o just trying to help as there was a bit of uncertainty mentioned ^^

Witches and warlocks were burned and with it the proper ones that could make use of magic would be even fewer than few and the practise and knowledge on the subject itself would be nigh to nonexistant due to it.(christianity)
There are ways to make it work and even a tad in accordance to historic events but i is up to you two to include magic or not. It really matters little to me as I am just bouncing off thoughts that could be used within a construct or changed or whatever really :o just trying to help as there was a bit of uncertainty mentioned ^^
Yeah, I know, but I'm more for having a religion like christianity, but not exactly that. I dont want this to be really EXACTLY like how the world was. I was thinking that it would be up to the player to decide if their central religion accepts or hates magic, because there were still other religions thea were promenent back then

Just curious, what countries are you all thinking of choosing?

China, Japan, England, Sweden, Malta, Venice or the HRE are the things I would choose from.

Reactions: Zeroisdead
Status
Not open for further replies.