Blood Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wizard laughed nervously.

"Yes, I see how that could...Be a problem. Er, I could offer a Soul Gaze if you are willing? If any among you wish to Soul Gaze to determine if I am, who I say I am, then step forward."
"Sure. I mean, all I am now is a soul - the body is temporary. If you don't mind knowing what I've been up to the last 80 or so years, I can volunteer."

Nora stepped forward, offering to confirm the identity. She had nothing to hide - Born in 1950, died in 1976, reborn via the deal with Coyote a year later and doing ostensibly good work ever since, but with just enough trickery and mischievousness to appease the Trickster God.

@Ringmaster @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9

When the man they invited in began to ask questions and demand they tell him about any evidence they may have found, Faline wrinkled her nose defensively. "Pardon me if this sounds rude, but do you have any proof you are who you say you are?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow. "For all we know, you could be impersonating someone from the White Council. Could you at least present us with some identification?"

Over the years, and all she had been through, the young night calamity had actually grown to be a rather suspicious person. She wasn't sure handing over anything of their deceased friend's was a good idea, let alone to someone she knew nothing about. Even if he could prove who he was, the girl was sorely tempted to follow the lead of the others and tell him nothing.

@Ringmaster @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

"Yes, I see how that could...Be a problem. Er, I could offer a Soul Gaze if you are willing? If any among you wish to Soul Gaze to determine if I am, who I say I am, then step forward."

Intermission

"'Ello! Me again! Back ter tell ya lot about wot's known as a Soul Gaze."

It chortled, tongue flicking out serpentine between jagged teeth as it grinned.

"When a wizard an' a being with a soul look each other in the peepers, it begins wot dey call a Soul Gaze. It gives t'other a window into their soul, which can't be faked. It ain't mind reading by a long shot(da's a whole can o' worms which gives ye the choppy-chop), but it does give an impression on whether they're trustworthy or not, or if they've been psychically harmed, etc. It don't work on none without a Soul...An' well...Dere's dat question. Even as you look into 'is, 'es looking smack-dab into yers."

The grin grew wider.

"Makes yer wonder what he'll see, yeah? Ahahahaha!"

End Intermission

@york @Michale CS @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9
"Sure. I mean, all I am now is a soul - the body is temporary. If you don't mind knowing what I've been up to the last 80 or so years, I can volunteer."

Nora stepped forward, offering to confirm the identity. She had nothing to hide - Born in 1950, died in 1976, reborn via the deal with Coyote a year later and doing ostensibly good work ever since, but with just enough trickery and mischievousness to appease the Trickster God.

@Ringmaster @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9
Camilla Owens
@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9

Camilla still stayed back, but paused at the suggestion of a soul search; it was a risky move, but perhaps a good one... Presuming Jean even had a soul. While she was in no hurry to risk having her own soul looked into for one reason or another, she figured if no-one else volunteered, or was in a hurry to, she might as well.

"I will. If... No-one else wants to." She said quietly.

If worse comes to worse, she had little to lose if her soul was read, minus the embarassment of well, revealing she was an outcast amongst her fellow shades. That and those golden wings she had growing out of her back, and, well...? Really, that was it. Whatever else might be found out, was more or less already common knowledge, at least amongst those who attended the funeral, or at least knew Nicholas to a reasonable degree.

Intermission

"'Ello! Me again! Back ter tell ya lot about wot's known as a Soul Gaze."

It chortled, tongue flicking out serpentine between jagged teeth as it grinned.

"When a wizard an' a being with a soul look each other in the peepers, it begins wot dey call a Soul Gaze. It gives t'other a window into their soul, which can't be faked. It ain't mind reading by a long shot(da's a whole can o' worms which gives ye the choppy-chop), but it does give an impression on whether they're trustworthy or not, or if they've been psychically harmed, etc. It don't work on none without a Soul...An' well...Dere's dat question. Even as you look into 'is, 'es looking smack-dab into yers."

The grin grew wider.

"Makes yer wonder what he'll see, yeah? Ahahahaha!"

End Intermission

@york @Michale CS @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9

Camilla Owens
@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9

Camilla still stayed back, but paused at the suggestion of a soul search; it was a risky move, but perhaps a good one... Presuming Jean even had a soul. While she was in no hurry to risk having her own soul looked into for one reason or another, she figured if no-one else volunteered, or was in a hurry to, she might as well.

"I will. If... No-one else wants to." She said quietly.

If worse comes to worse, she had little to lose if her soul was read, minus the embarassment of well, revealing she was an outcast amongst her fellow shades. That and those golden wings she had growing out of her back, and, well...? Really, that was it. Whatever else might be found out, was more or less already common knowledge, at least amongst those who attended the funeral, or at least knew Nicholas to a reasonable degree.

When either Nora or Camilla offered themselves up for a Soul Gaze, Faline stepped back and gestured for one of the two to move forward. "Since you ladies were kind enough to volunteer, I'm not opposed to either one of you confirming his identity for us," she said, crossing her arms afterwards.

She had never done a Soul Gaze herself, but she was well aware of what they were. While she didn't have anything horrible to hide, she didn't exactly want any of the others knowing her business either. After all, she wasn't even using her real name at the moment and she didn't want it slipping out.

Brief, quick and over there was a glimpse and and Nora would know the truth for which had spoke.

He truly was who he said he was, and was here for the reasons mentioned.

That said, afterwards as he began to make himself more at home, Lucifer would mention in an undertone, watching him enter the kitchen to examine the soot.

"His presence here disturbs me...I can't say why exactly, even knowing he's alright."

Derek was silent and was relieved to hear that the man was not lying to them. Despite that though, he had a feeling that wasn't good. What if despite being who he said was, he wanted something much more dangerous. He kept the necklace hidden. He didn't need it yet, but he had a feeling it would eventually be. " Perhaps it is due to the fact that my father didn't have a strong tie to any organization and they all seem interest in his death..." he said, being entirely honest. He wasn't about to cut corners. He was always known to speak the truth, it often got him into trouble.

Brief, quick and over there was a glimpse and and Nora would know the truth for which had spoke.

He truly was who he said he was, and was here for the reasons mentioned.

That said, afterwards as he began to make himself more at home, Lucifer would mention in an undertone, watching him enter the kitchen to examine the soot.

"His presence here disturbs me...I can't say why exactly, even knowing he's alright."

Derek was silent and was relieved to hear that the man was not lying to them. Despite that though, he had a feeling that wasn't good. What if despite being who he said was, he wanted something much more dangerous. He kept the necklace hidden. He didn't need it yet, but he had a feeling it would eventually be. " Perhaps it is due to the fact that my father didn't have a strong tie to any organization and they all seem interest in his death..." he said, being entirely honest. He wasn't about to cut corners. He was always known to speak the truth, it often got him into trouble.

"Can't say I'm exactly fond of the guy hanging around either," Faline chimed in, crossing her arms. "Is there any reason why we have to let him continue looking around? Would it hurt to just see him out?" she questioned, her eyes darting to the door for a moment. It felt a bit disrespectful that this stranger was so eager to look around, even if he wasn't exactly causing them any trouble at the moment.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9

Status
Not open for further replies.