Blood Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek looked at Camila and was about to ask her the question when Falline beat him to it and he looked at her. " There's definitely something dangerous about this, but I can't place what creature that is. It seems it worried my father which makes me worried, " he said, addressing both Camila and Falline, hoping not to come off as rude.

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

All but one seemed to agree. Nevertheless, the lawyer cleared his throat as he spoke.

"For all of you, perhaps its time we actually detailed the job. I am informed to say that should you wish to withdraw afterwards...No harm, no foul. He will not judge you or blame you for the choices to be made."

He cleared his throat and pulled out a letter...One in which was to decide the fate of an entire city.

And perhaps humanity itself.

---------

1135b930da1c7b26a9bd4b5bd564d02e.jpg

On March 10, 1933 while traveling the Underground in search of a madman, I and two others discovered a hidden temple, deep within the bowels of the earth. Its craftsmanship was curious to behold, the walls slick and cold, shining like obsidian. The air was stifling, but this was where our quarry had come to ground and we chased him further on.

Eventually, we came to what appeared to be a place of worship. A place where our man had in hand, a tome of the darkest magic as he attempted to read. What may have happened is unknown, as one of our Wardens killed him before the incantation was finished. Deciding it was best to do away with it, we opted to burn it away.

No sooner had we engulfed it in flames, did the earth shudder around us and only after hastily putting it out did the quake stop. We could not destroy it. We could only hide it and dividing it into three, we took it to the White Council and they hid the three pieces all across the Los Angeles area, after determining that removing all too far away would result in the same thing.

Even as I write this, one of the vaults has been broken into...I fear the other two are not far behind. Our enemy is cunning and everywhere. It knows things it could not possibly know, always seems to be one step ahead. And so I leave you with this. The bare amount of knowledge I dare, to ensure it does not get its hand upon the pieces. Find the vaults. Trust no one but those who have proven worthy. Stop this evil, before it unleashes what we have tried to stop.

I remain children, your patron and friend.

-Nicholas

For a moment, silence reigned and Lucifer frowned. One hand stroked his chin in thought, as he analyzed what had been shared before finally speaking.

"This changes nothing for me. So we know the enemy seems to know things before they happen...Precognition? Or a traitor? If its a traitor, no wonder Nicholas didn't trust the authorities. And if Precognition....The less we know, the more of a headstart we'll have on the creature or enemy this thing is. So the only question left I suppose...Is where do we go first?"

At that point, the lawyer slipped out a wand from his sleeve, pointing it to his head.

"Oblivate!"

He jerked slightly, blinked and looked at a note on his hand before nodding.

"That takes care of things. I know nothing, everything is in order- According to me and my clients last wishes are fulfilled. Gentlemen...Ladies. Good luck."

And with a bow of his head, he stepped over the threshold and vanished in a pop.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva
She was but a single pair of hazel eyes, staring up into the vast stretch of dark sky above Los Angeles. With the busy hustle and bustle of daily life in the city, the female who owned said pair of hazel eyes was all but forgotten by most who saw her. She was but a fleeting breeze, a mystery to anyone who were to meet her. She didn't even use her real name, in fact, but it didn't matter. Faline is who she is now, a single soul of many within the city, intending to take care of her own agenda. Presently, however, she had put her agenda aside. She had something important to do, which happened to be attending the funeral of an old friend.
It seemed like only yesterday she had met with Nicholas for the very first time. Faline stumbled across him while trying to find a way to track down the missing person, her brother, whom she so desperately craved to find. He was a powerful wizard, and seemed to have been helpful to many others, but even this man couldn't help Faline find him. He had tried his best and she could see sympathy in his eyes for her cause, so she didn't exactly blame him--even though she wanted to. Faline badly wished she had someone to blame, someone right in front of her to punish for taking away the most important person in her life, but the only person she could blame was the one who had kidnapped him in the first place. If she could ever find him, that is.
Adorned in a black top and a long, dark skirt to match, Faline walked along the sidewalk toward the funeral home--a pair of noticeable red high heels clicking against the ground as she did. A dazed expression covered her features. It showed that although her mind was set on going to the funeral, her heart was still more into the search for her brother. She wasn't always focused on her task, but whenever she found another lead to aide her search, it was all the brunette could think about.
Stopping abruptly when Faline realized she had nearly passed the Ibis and Jacquel Funeral Home, she turned and began to walk for the door. A pang of guilt struck Faline when she looked around and realized she was late, but she supposed that if Nicholas knew why she had been late to his funeral he would understand. The man had been well aware of how much Faline wanted to find her bother.
And, at least, Faline had ended up on time for whatever this "private business" was that Nick's lawyer wanted to discuss with herself and a few others. Why the deceased wizard would have left anything for Faline she wasn't exactly sure, but the least she could do was stay to respectfully listen to what he would've wanted.
Although she was a different sort of being who didn't have a beating heart in her chest, Faline could've swore it skipped a beat after hearing the lawyer read her old friend's writing. After he had finished, she graciously accepted his gift and stepped back with the others. As she watched the others come forward, the brunette wondered what sort of individuals these people were. She was special herself, so she was certain everyone else here was as well.
Soon after, Faline felt another pang in her gut. Nicholas wanted her to help with something. At first she didn't speak up. After all, she still needed to find her brother! And yet, this man had been kind to her and had helped her even when few others had. Wouldn't it be wrong to just ignore his wish? Faline knew if her brother was here, he'd want her to help him.
"I guess I'm in too," she finally said, crossing her arms with a vacant expression on her face. She wasn't too happy about helping, but she knew she would feel worse if she refused. Ugh, why did she have to be so nice sometimes?
After the job was explained to them, Faline stepped forward, deciding to approach Camilla."I'm not sure what to make of all this. What do you think about this job?" she asked.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva
Derek looked at Camila and was about to ask her the question when Falline beat him to it and he looked at her. " There's definitely something dangerous about this, but I can't place what creature that is. It seems it worried my father which makes me worried, " he said, addressing both Camila and Falline, hoping not to come off as rude.

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Camilla Owens
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva

Camilla paused, thinking hard about this... She was definitely dedicated to this cause, even with the information she had just been presented, but she was at a bit of a loss as to where the tome could be, she was a little startled out of her train of thought when she was approached by Faline, but she was quick to regain her composure, blinking a few times as she considered her question.

"Nicholas saved my life... And even if I can't return that favor... I must carry out this job for him." She said.

Judging from her tone, it was immediately clear that Camilla was as dedicated to this job as she could be, but soon, she started thinking again... If she had three pieces of some crazy tome, where would she hide them? Hmm...

"Do you know any places he used to frequent?" She asked, directing her question towards Camilla.

Logically speaking, she realized Derek, being the closest to Nicholas would have to be the most knowledgeable in his daily activities...

Walking neatly forward, she took the offered ring, peering at it thoughtfully. It was cold iron, and the lion imprint at the front would leave a nice mark on anyone that needed their jaw reordered. It was practically an anti-fey weapon, like the loaded Sig Sauer at her side.

Still, for all it's usefulness in combat, she had a feeling that wasn't why the old man had it given it to her. The lion... what did the lion represent? Was she supposed to be the lion, strong and fierce? It may have had a small grounding in reality, but Lane dismissed the thought immediately. She was no lion, had no mighty roar.

It must be something else, something to do with the old man's mission. Which actually brought herself to the further question, why were they here? Together they had an incredibly diverse set of skills and powers, Lucifer's Executor training, Derek's sheer strength, the new arrival's apparent ability to travel through shadow's, her own
combined investigative and combat skills from years in the LAPD and BRPD, and finally the wildcard factor of the others who hadn't revealed their special abilities.

Drawn deep from her own cynical and paranoid nature, she briefly wondered if the old man had been collecting this outfit of freaks and monsters over the course of his life. She immediately chastised herself for the thought, Nicholas had never shown her anything but utmost kindness and respect to her and everyone he'd met.

Shaking herself free of these thoughts, she decided it'd be best to focus on the job at hand. Unfortunately, it was the lawyer's prerogative to give out this information when he felt the time was right. However, that didn't mean she needed to mill around aimlessly. She could pick up details about the others and maybe get an idea of who they were. Things were never as they seemed in the Hidden World.

Sidling over to the young girl and the woman that wouldn't have looked out of place on the set of Dog Day Afternoon, she effortlessly inserted herself into the conversation.

"Lane Murphy..." Private investigator. She had almost said. Might as well be honest though. "...Mercenary."

@Michale CS @Minerva
"Did work for old Nick as well, huh? I'm Nora Talon, of Talon Investigations. I guess we'll all end up talking to Derek. This can't be easy for him. It's bad enough losing family, but having to gather people for some mysterious quest to boot? That has to be a real bummer. Can't say that this is out of character for Nick though. Seems his style. I guess we should get on over to see just what it is we need to do soon." I was rambling again, I tend to do that when I have a lot on my mind. But, I figured I owed the late arrival a quick rundown of what she missed.

As for what signals I was sending, unbeknownst to me to the observant, under my casual veneer, I was worried and a little anxious.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon , @Minerva

"Iris Thompson, Journalist." Iris would say, introducing herself to the woman. When Nora said something, Iris made a quick nod of her head. "We're here to fulfill his last wishes. I feel bad for Derek myself, but we must support him in fulfilling that which his father couldn't finish." Iris had a small frown on her face. "I do hope we can do what he has set out to do."

Lucifer moved to speak to Lane and Reaper.

"So I was wondering- Would either of you two have any ideas insofar as a lead goes? We've been obviously tasked to seek out the remainder and are presumed to do so, with the items given us."

06b9359feca46a8255ffc5a68e6c7d14.jpg

Ah.

Well, this sounded exciting and all that. He certainly appreciated the fact that this gave him something to do. But even when it came to work, Reaper couldn't exactly arse himself to really put much effort into the lead of it or anything.

"Dunno."

Reaper said simply as he took a drag on his cigarette. Thinking wasn't the name of the game as far as he was concerned. He got pointed at a target, he took said target out? That was the end of that. Gesturing towards Lane, Reaper's shoulders went up and down as he shrugged. "Maybe she's got something."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva

"Iris Thompson, Journalist." Iris would say, introducing herself to the woman. When Nora said something, Iris made a quick nod of her head. "We're here to fulfill his last wishes. I feel bad for Derek myself, but we must support him in fulfilling that which his father couldn't finish." Iris had a small frown on her face. "I do hope we can do what he has set out to do."
I nodded. "It won't be easy, but then..." I looked around and gestured to the others mentioned in the will. "...easy isn't exactly what we do, now is it?"

I nodded. "It won't be easy, but then..." I looked around and gestured to the others mentioned in the will. "...easy isn't exactly what we do, now is it?"
Iris could sympathize with that. "Is anything ever easy?" she asked with a slight chuckle.

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS
It seemed nobody had any idea to proceed.

Well then. Lucifer checked the time on his phone, nodded briefly and slipped it in as he spoke.

"Well, its late. If no one has any objections, perhaps we'd be better off meeting someplace tomorrow? Perhaps over at Nicholas' house?"

It seemed to him to be the best place, as everyone here was familiar with it. And if people were alright with that, out they strode into the L.A. night.

A sound like a firecracker echoed in the night and in the parking lot, part of Reapers head exploded as he slumped over. Lucifer's eyes flashed as he realized what was going on and he yelled.

"SNIPER, GET DOWN!"

Several cars laid around for anyone to take cover, but that wouldn't hold out for long as a black van drove up and the sliding doors slid back, bandanna'd thugs carrying holdout guns filing out as they rushed into the parking lot.

Things were starting to get deadly.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva

Well, if I weren't dead already this would have scared me half to it. Instead, I reached into my purse and pulled out the Desert Eagle I was packing, moved to where near Reaper was hit, and took my best guess as to where the shots came from, squeezing off a couple of rounds. Granted, it was a pistol, but I was guessing that a couple of .50 caliber rounds would give the shooter pause enough for the others to get to cover.

I was also likely to get shot. Getting shot hurt. Body death was scary as Hell, but I would just OBE and once the physical form disappated in a few minutes, I would reform at the last sacred place I'd visited. The funeral home would qualify I was sure.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster and @Minerva

Well then. Lucifer checked the time on his phone, nodded briefly and slipped it in as he spoke.

"Well, its late. If no one has any objections, perhaps we'd be better off meeting someplace tomorrow? Perhaps over at Nicholas' house?"

It seemed to him to be the best place, as everyone here was familiar with it. And if people were alright with that, out they strode into the L.A. night.

A sound like a firecracker echoed in the night and in the parking lot, part of Reapers head exploded as he slumped over. Lucifer's eyes flashed as he realized what was going on and he yelled.

"SNIPER, GET DOWN!"

Several cars laid around for anyone to take cover, but that wouldn't hold out for long as a black van drove up and the sliding doors slid back, bandanna'd thugs carrying holdout guns filing out as they rushed into the parking lot.

Derek was honestly at a loss on how to proceed for the night.

He noticed that the priest was checking his phone and he wondered what time it was going to be since the will reading.

It was a good thing that they had been suggested a meeting place and he knew that everyone must at least know where it was for now as it would seem.

He was about ready to leave when he went back to grab his phone which had fallen out of his pocket, and he was the last to stride out into the L.A night for now.

His sensitive ears recoiled a bit when there was a sound that sounded like a gunshot and he saw that part of Reaper's head had come off, well, they had just lost a new associate. He didn't need to be told twice.

He ducked behind a car when Lucifer had shout this.

The werewolf realized that he had very few options left to do when he saw that thugs were coming out of the the black van and there was very little space to hide. Well, there was only one option left to do. He was going to need to sneak up on a thug and take his gun.

Hopefully,he wouldn't be killed and join his father like Reaper.

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva @Ringmaster @Nathan Drake stealth strategy

06b9359feca46a8255ffc5a68e6c7d14.jpg

Ah.

Well, this sounded exciting and all that. He certainly appreciated the fact that this gave him something to do. But even when it came to work, Reaper couldn't exactly arse himself to really put much effort into the lead of it or anything.

"Dunno."

Reaper said simply as he took a drag on his cigarette. Thinking wasn't the name of the game as far as he was concerned. He got pointed at a target, he took said target out? That was the end of that. Gesturing towards Lane, Reaper's shoulders went up and down as he shrugged. "Maybe she's got something."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva

"SNIPER, GET DOWN!"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva
Well, if I weren't dead already this would have scared me half to it. Instead, I reached into my purse and pulled out the Desert Eagle I was packing, moved to where near Reaper was hit, and took my best guess as to where the shots came from, squeezing off a couple of rounds. Granted, it was a pistol, but I was guessing that a couple of .50 caliber rounds would give the shooter pause enough for the others to get to cover.

I was also likely to get shot. Getting shot hurt. Body death was scary as Hell, but I would just OBE and once the physical form disappated in a few minutes, I would reform at the last sacred place I'd visited. The funeral home would qualify I was sure.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster and @Minerva
Derek was honestly at a loss on how to proceed for the night.

He noticed that the priest was checking his phone and he wondered what time it was going to be since the will reading.

It was a good thing that they had been suggested a meeting place and he knew that everyone must at least know where it was for now as it would seem.

He was about ready to leave when he went back to grab his phone which had fallen out of his pocket, and he was the last to stride out into the L.A night for now.

His sensitive ears recoiled a bit when there was a sound that sounded like a gunshot and he saw that part of Reaper's head had come off, well, they had just lost a new associate. He didn't need to be told twice.

He ducked behind a car when Lucifer had shout this.

The werewolf realized that he had very few options left to do when he saw that thugs were coming out of the the black van and there was very little space to hide. Well, there was only one option left to do. He was going to need to sneak up on a thug and take his gun.

Hopefully,he wouldn't be killed and join his father like Reaper.

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva @Ringmaster @Nathan Drake stealth strategy
Camilla Owens

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva

Camilla's eyes widened... This would mark the very first battle she will have fought on the surface, but she knew she couldn't just abandon everyone here, as tempting as it was... So instead, she became a shadow for the moment, the only thing giving away her position was two distinct golden glows, roughly where her wings might be on her shadow, a mild inconvenience, but one she would be able to hide easily in the streets. Now, all she had to do was bide her time and pick her target... Slowly, and as carefully as she could, she tried to sneak up on the thug furthest away from the group, hoping to catch him offguard in the process. The best case scenario was that she would be able to sneak up on him from behind and knock him out as quickly as she could, and the worst being that she might have to wrestle with him for his gun, or retreat into the shadows again if her luck was particularly back.

Right now, luck was probably the biggest deciding factor in her maneuver, and thinking back on it... She really did start to miss being in the sewers, where shadows were much more plentifull, and she able to travel throughout them almost free of any hindrance... Hmm, actually... That suddenly gave her a more concrete idea... She decided to look around for any sewer grates she could use to her advantage, since descending down into the sewers might obscure her further from the thugs... And if she could just find a grate close to her, and one close to at least one of the thugs... She might just be able to pull this off with little trouble...

As he first crack of gunfire tore through the skeleton's head, Lane dove for the cover earned with the aforementioned creature's life. It was disheartening that their party was down by one already, doubly so in the fact that they'd barely started their investigation.

As she dove behind the are Lane tried to recall all she knew about snipers, which was quite a lot since she'd spent several years married to of the so called army spooks. The quickest way to find a hostile sniper was by… well, frankly it was by getting shot at. A slower and slightly less dangerous way to find him, or her, was to catch the glint off his scope.
Which of course was a literal shot in the dark, what since he was a sharpshooter at freaking night. Lane swore in plain ol English, no Russian for her. Then the black vans pulled up in the half second she was mulling over her largely nonexistent options, and she swore again. For a distracted nanosecond, she could almost taste Mom's soap in her mouth, then she grimaced and redoubled her focus.
Okay, options. She knew Derek was a wolf and Lucifer one of those vampire hybrid things. They could both take a ton of damage before dropping unlike her very fragile human self. Let them handle the vans then, she had a sniper to defang. Dropping down to her knees, she crawled to the edge of the truck and began waving her flashlight over the area she thought the shot had come from, stopping two seconds and trying again on the other side.

Hearing gunfire, Iris immediately knew something was up. She grabbed her camera, and hid behind a nearby car. She knew it wouldn't hold up for long. Crouched behind cover, she Took several pictures of the scene to see if she could manipulate the environment.

If she could stop the shooters, if only temporarily, she could go back to her car and grab her rifle. But for now, she was pinned down.

Okay, options. She knew Derek was a wolf and Lucifer one of those vampire hybrid things. They could both take a ton of damage before dropping unlike her very fragile human self. Let them handle the vans then, she had a sniper to defang. Dropping down to her knees, she crawled to the edge of the truck and began waving her flashlight over the area she thought the shot had come from, stopping two seconds and trying again on the other side.

The return fire from the desert eagle scattered the thugs. These weren't professional soldiers. If anything, they were just street punks. Rather then push forward, the moment they heard the gun they darted for cover. Another shot rang out from the sniper- The flashlight reflecting off a gun barrel, poking from a rooftop of a car dealership across the street, hidden beneath a billboard sign.

His shot thankfully had missed any vitals, Lucifer's action being to knock Faline out into cover behind a car at the cost of a bullet shattering his knee cap. Letting out a grunt of pain, Lucifer clenched his teeth and placed his hands over his knee, preparing to heal up.
Camilla's eyes widened... This would mark the very first battle she will have fought on the surface, but she knew she couldn't just abandon everyone here, as tempting as it was... So instead, she became a shadow for the moment, the only thing giving away her position was two distinct golden glows, roughly where her wings might be on her shadow, a mild inconvenience, but one she would be able to hide easily in the streets. Now, all she had to do was bide her time and pick her target... Slowly, and as carefully as she could, she tried to sneak up on the thug furthest away from the group, hoping to catch him offguard in the process. The best case scenario was that she would be able to sneak up on him from behind and knock him out as quickly as she could, and the worst being that she might have to wrestle with him for his gun, or retreat into the shadows again if her luck was particularly back.

Right now, luck was probably the biggest deciding factor in her maneuver, and thinking back on it... She really did start to miss being in the sewers, where shadows were much more plentifull, and she able to travel throughout them almost free of any hindrance... Hmm, actually... That suddenly gave her a more concrete idea... She decided to look around for any sewer grates she could use to her advantage, since descending down into the sewers might obscure her further from the thugs... And if she could just find a grate close to her, and one close to at least one of the thugs... She might just be able to pull this off with little trouble...
Thanks to the distractions from earlier, both Camilla and Derek would find their moves a lot more effective. Two out of the six thugs taken down by sneaks attacks. The gun itself, an automatic. In poor condition as well.

mp5a3.jpg

Hearing gunfire, Iris immediately knew something was up. She grabbed her camera, and hid behind a nearby car. She knew it wouldn't hold up for long. Crouched behind cover, she Took several pictures of the scene to see if she could manipulate the environment.

If she could stop the shooters, if only temporarily, she could go back to her car and grab her rifle. But for now, she was pinned down.
The pictures taken were of poor quality in the dark but at least they were there. Enough to show that the remaining four in the park were preparing their counter offensive, to fire at Derek and Camilla unless something was done fast.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
The return fire from the desert eagle scattered the thugs. These weren't professional soldiers. If anything, they were just street punks. Rather then push forward, the moment they heard the gun they darted for cover. Another shot rang out from the sniper- The flashlight reflecting off a gun barrel, poking from a rooftop of a car dealership across the street, hidden beneath a billboard sign.

His shot thankfully had missed any vitals, Lucifer's action being to knock Faline out into cover behind a car at the cost of a bullet shattering his knee cap. Letting out a grunt of pain, Lucifer clenched his teeth and placed his hands over his knee, preparing to heal up.
It seemed that Coyote's luck was with me. When I heard the second shot, and saw the flashlight wave, I knew the general area the sniper was in. At this range, it'd take more than luck to hit anything, so I turned my attention to the van. I moved as quickly as possible to get position on the front of the van. Now don't go believing that you can make a car explode with a gunshot like in the movies, but the full jacketed rounds in the Eagle would penetrate an engine block. And most cars don't go far or fast with holes there. I squeezed off two shots into the front of the van, hoping to disable it.
@Ringmaster

Thanks to the distractions from earlier, both Camilla and Derek would find their moves a lot more effective. Two out of the six thugs taken down by sneaks attacks. The gun itself, an automatic. In poor condition as well.

mp5a3.jpg

The pictures taken were of poor quality in the dark but at least they were there. Enough to show that the remaining four in the park were preparing their counter offensive, to fire at Derek and Camilla unless something was done fast.

Camilla Owens
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva

Priorities... Camilla had learned this sort of tactic a long time ago, when she was cast out on her own, due to the wings she bore... And as she once again receded into a nearby shadow, she tried to get some distance between the thugs and her, just incase they still had ways to harm her; even an slightly altered shade like herself, could not afford to take risks that might cost her her life. As soon as she gained some distance, she attempted to locate the sniper from her position, it was apparant that this sniper, was their prime threat to her... And Camilla would have to take him out accordingly.

Naturally, she searched for convenient placements of sewer grates to help mask her approach once more... And of course, she would try to protect herself as much as possible before she went in for her attack, but... It was uncertain if things would go exactly to plan, but she would have to stick with it the best she could.​

Last edited:

mp5a3.jpg
Derek sighed, as he saw that this gun was in poor condition too. He had a sinking feeling that he had made a bad move and there were no taking it back. Well, if he was going to die horribly, well, he aimed his gun over his shoulder and did some blindfire over his shoulder. God, this was a bad plan.

@Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva @york

Faline didn't really care that Derek stepped in to speak when she had addressed Camilla. If they were all to be working together on this this, it would probably be best if they grew used to speaking with one another. "So you're his son? It's good to meet you, but a shame we're meeting under these circumstances," she said with a frown. "But you're right; this job seems dangerous. But he must've selected us for a reason. I'm sure he thought we would be able to handle it."

When Camilla explained what Nicholas did for her, Faline saw it fit to return the favor. "Nicholas tried to help me. Someone close to me is missing, and the circumstances of their kidnapping were unordinary, so I came to Nicholas for help. Sadly, even someone with powers such as he was unable to help," she said with a sigh. Faline wondered if she truly ever would see her brother again?

It was shortly after speaking with the two that Lucifer suggested they all leave for the night and meet at Nicholas' house tomorrow. Faline sighed at the thought. Hopefully the sun wouldn't be out tomorrow. Otherwise, she'd have to wear something thick and hooded to protect her skin.

As she exited the building, and before she had time to muse over her thoughts any further, Lucifer screamed something about a sniper. Instinctively, Faline obeyed and ducked down behind a car, feeling silly when she did so. What did she need to hide from? It wasn't as if they could really hurt her with guns.

Standing back up, Faline began to walk toward one of the thugs. The streetlights and lights of the van began to light up brightly when she did so, being manipulated by one of her powers. Faline made them glow brighter on purpose, hoping to blind the men as she strolled toward them and attempted to grab one of their guns. She was agile and made a good attempt not to get shot, but if one of them shot her with a gun she wasn't too worried about it. Guns couldn't kill her, thank goodness. There was only one thing that could kill her, and nobody had any access to it… not while it was night.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minverva​

It seemed that Coyote's luck was with me. When I heard the second shot, and saw the flashlight wave, I knew the general area the sniper was in. At this range, it'd take more than luck to hit anything, so I turned my attention to the van. I moved as quickly as possible to get position on the front of the van. Now don't go believing that you can make a car explode with a gunshot like in the movies, but the full jacketed rounds in the Eagle would penetrate an engine block. And most cars don't go far or fast with holes there. I squeezed off two shots into the front of the van, hoping to disable it.
@Ringmaster
The bullets bombarded the van, the flare lighting up the parking lot as the car alarm went off, adding the shrill noise to the din of gunfire.
Derek sighed, as he saw that this gun was in poor condition too. He had a sinking feeling that he had made a bad move and there were no taking it back. Well, if he was going to die horribly, well, he aimed his gun over his shoulder and did some blindfire over his shoulder. God, this was a bad plan.
Standing back up, Faline began to walk toward one of the thugs. The streetlights and lights of the van began to light up brightly when she did so, being manipulated by one of her powers. Faline made them glow brighter on purpose, hoping to blind the men as she strolled toward them and attempted to grab one of their guns. She was agile and made a good attempt not to get shot, but if one of them shot her with a gun she wasn't too worried about it. Guns couldn't kill her, thank goodness. There was only one thing that could kill her, and nobody had any access to it… not while it was night.
Some of the bullet spray hit the van, others hit some of the thugs who had popped up.

Mostly, it hit Faline, who had walked right towards them and was simultaneously terrifying them as they fired and tried to unleash as much as they could into her. Far away, on the other side of the street and atop the building, the sniper blinked.

What the fu-
Priorities... Camilla had learned this sort of tactic a long time ago, when she was cast out on her own, due to the wings she bore... And as she once again receded into a nearby shadow, she tried to get some distance between the thugs and her, just incase they still had ways to harm her; even an slightly altered shade like herself, could not afford to take risks that might cost her her life. As soon as she gained some distance, she attempted to locate the sniper from her position, it was apparant that this sniper, was their prime threat to her... And Camilla would have to take him out accordingly.

Naturally, she searched for convenient placements of sewer grates to help mask her approach once more... Naturally, she would try to protect herself as much as possible before she went in for her attack, but of course... It was uncertain if things would go exactly to plan, but she would have to stick with it the best she could.
There were sewer grates, but none that would extend to the top of the building. In any case, he was out. Seeing all this weird shit had him consider his life choices, and respond accordingly.

Meaning he dropped the rifle he had been using and ran like hell, Camilla in a position to see his face clearly and the odd tattoo mark displayed across his cheek. Some kind of green snake...

Lucifer gritted his teeth, adjusting his leg...Good as new. But he was going to need a drink later. He glanced over to the side, looking at the party and how they dealt with things before rushing out himself. He had no idea what Camilla was or even that the bullets didn't seem to affect her. All he did know was that she was being shot.

And he was certainly not going to stand for it.

Off he ran, vaulting over the car in an attempt to play damage control, grabbing heads and slamming them against any surface close enough to attempt to knock them out. There were three dead already, out of the seven.

That was three too many, for his taste. Especially as their actions displayed to him clearly a certain truth. These were regular bullets. Terrible guns. They stank of bad maintenance and their owners, of cheap drugs and booze. They stank of fear...They weren't in the know.

They were mundane.

Someone had to be making their play.

Meanwhile, by Reapers body a change would be occurring...

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Chewy Rabbits @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva

Some of the bullet spray hit the van, others hit some of the thugs who had popped up.

Mostly, it hit Faline, who had walked right towards them and was simultaneously terrifying them as they fired and tried to unleash as much as they could into her. Far away, on the other side of the street and atop the building, the sniper blinked.

What the fu-
Derek wasn't going to look up to see what damage he had done to them. He just hoped that he hadn't killed them, he hadn't planned to do that. Hopefully he could catch his breath. Why were their shooters out to kill them? He could understand if it was random, but this seemed far too calculated for his liking.

" I really hate it when these things happen," he muttered.

@york @Chewy Rabbits @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

The bullets bombarded the van, the flare lighting up the parking lot as the car alarm went off, adding the shrill noise to the din of gunfire.

What the fu-

There were sewer grates, but none that would extend to the top of the building. In any case, he was out. Seeing all this weird shit had him consider his life choices, and respond accordingly.

Meaning he dropped the rifle he had been using and ran like hell, Camilla in a position to see his face clearly and the odd tattoo mark displayed across his cheek. Some kind of green snake...

Lucifer gritted his teeth, adjusting his leg...Good as new. But he was going to need a drink later. He glanced over to the side, looking at the party and how they dealt with things before rushing out himself. He had no idea what Camilla was or even that the bullets didn't seem to affect her. All he did know was that she was being shot.

And he was certainly not going to stand for it.

Off he ran, vaulting over the car in an attempt to play damage control, grabbing heads and slamming them against any surface close enough to attempt to knock them out. There were three dead already, out of the seven.

That was three too many, for his taste. Especially as their actions displayed to him clearly a certain truth. These were regular bullets. Terrible guns. They stank of bad maintenance and their owners, of cheap drugs and booze. They stank of fear...They weren't in the know.

They were mundane.

Someone had to be making their play.

Meanwhile, by Reapers body a change would be occurring...

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Chewy Rabbits @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva
Derek wasn't going to look up to see what damage he had done to them. He just hoped that he hadn't killed them, he hadn't planned to do that. Hopefully he could catch his breath. Why were their shooters out to kill them? He could understand if it was random, but this seemed far too calculated for his liking.

" I really hate it when these things happen," he muttered.

@york @Chewy Rabbits @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Camilla Owens
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS @Minerva

Camilla made a quick, mental note of the tattoo on the sniper's face; looks like he might be involved with some gang... Or perhaps, affiliated with some greater organization seeking to end their lives. With a sigh, seeing as the battle was over, she regained her physical form... She was glad that she had not been injured, and neither had the others by the looks of it, this all had seemed too easy, well, besides the three that had been killed anyways.

For a group that was after their lives, they seemed very ill equipped, lacking even the basic tools to deal with them accordingly; even a strong enough flash light could have posed a very real threat to her, had they thought of bringing something like that... So this told her that whoever those people were, they might have been sent simply to test the waters against them, figure out their capabilities, this only meant that they had to act fast, they had to find those other two vaults before whoever was behind that first breakin could... Or, take the battle right to the leading figure(s), and deal with them appropriately, the latter was the more difficult option, one that Camilla preferred to save as a last resort.

In any case, they had a lead, albeit a small one, and Camilla was not about to let it go to waste.

"... Does anyone know what a green snake tattoo symbolizes for around here?" She asked, to no-one in particular.

It was quiet enough around for most people to hear her, though some probably had to strain a little to hear her clearly. In either case, she too began to think, wondering what that green snake tattoo might mean... She hadn't spent enough time on the surface to have much of an idea, other than a potential link to a gang, or some sort of criminal organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.