Blood Donors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to ElBell. Hence my quoting her post o.O
*Is playing missed alerts catch up*

I know that. :P
I was just commenting.

Any time it's in town I try to, but since I'm constantly running between home and university nowadays it's hard to be in the right place at the right time. Still, I've done it two or three times in the year and a half I've legally been able to donate blood, and I'll likely try and do it again whenever there's another donation going on.

Started smoking pot when I was young, so I was never able to donate blood.

That being said, whenever I had my blood drawn and my type was discovered, I'm always asked for more. It's AB-, which is a big deal, I guess.

Pot prevents blood donations even? o.O

Yup. Been so for years. Though I wager with how we are starting to view it now, perhaps in the future they might change their minds on that, who knows.

Pot prevents blood donations even? o.O
Yeah, THC is one of the chemicals that can't be in your system.

The rules are pretty stringent but most of them are for good reason. If the blood is not healthy and clean, it could complicate the condition of whoever gets it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Yeah, THC is one of the chemicals that can't be in your system.

The rules are pretty stringent but most of them are for good reason. If the blood is not healthy and clean, it could complicate the condition of whoever gets it.
So someone could get a bad reaction to the THC/Pot in their system?
Is this just something like a post-blood transfusion high? Or something more serious?

There is no way of knowing how the THC would react with the body or any drugs that might be in the receiver's system. They could have an allergic reaction or if they are needing medications, it could alter the affects of the drug and give undesired results.

THC in the blood that is given to you won't give you a high. At least I've never heard of it doing so, and I'd like to think I know quite a bit about the subject. Might make the reward center of your brain act funny though. I couldn't say.

Huh, looks like there's an opening tomorrow Friday in the same place I donated blood last time.

And it's just a 10-15 minute walk away from my college, where there's going to be an anime club pizza party anime club studio ghibli marathon.

I think I'm donating blood tomorrow Friday now. :3
Hey since we're talking about this again, how'd that go?

I've donated blood once. Unfortunately due to my hypothyroidism there's very few times that I feel energetic enough to be able to continue functioning throughout the day were I to donate.

Hey since we're talking about this again, how'd that go?
It didn't work out.

I went in, blood was too high as usual so I had wait the 15 minutes.
But this time it remained too high, so I wasn't allowed to make the donation. :/

Though being honest?
Considering the change I've had in my diet these past few years I'm not even surprised.

Another thing: pot blood might cause someone to have a terrible allergic reaction, among any number of other reactions.

I used to regularly donate blood. I haven't for the past year or so. I'm blood Typo O+ pos.

So when I first read the name, I though you were meaning like vampiric blood donating for some reason...... I read the first page, and realized my mistake.....

I want to donate blood, but a couple of things are wrong with me (largest being i'm too young) and so it kinda gets rid of my chances for a while. I know my mom donates plasma every six months (i think that is the time gap for plasma, since it takes much longer to remake). So it kinda just runs in the family.

So when I first read the name, I though you were meaning like vampiric blood donating for some reason...... I read the first page, and realized my mistake.....

I want to donate blood, but a couple of things are wrong with me (largest being i'm too young) and so it kinda gets rid of my chances for a while. I know my mom donates plasma every six months (i think that is the time gap for plasma, since it takes much longer to remake). So it kinda just runs in the family.
I have to wait six months too, although for me it's because I keep getting new holes put in me :P There are no plasma centres in my area, but my hat off to your mum for her contributions!

Reactions: The Music Man
Have never donated blood. Always seen the blood drive mobiles that give free movie tickets, food, shirts etc, and thought Man, I could help someone.

Then I remember needles bother me a little bit and I chicken out. My grandfather is like a 20 gallon donator or something. He's been giving blood as long as this county has been accepting donations.

To my friends and family I put on a joke about it being my blood and if someone wants it so bad they'd better believe they have to work to make me bleed..

Or cut me I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.