Blood Donors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give blood whenever possible. I have a universal blood type. I figure even though needles aren't exact fun, it's a small sacrifice compared to families that could be on the verge of losing a loved one. Donating blood helps. I just try to do my part.

Never donated blood before, though it would probably be a very good thing. About 2% of the population is B negative, so yeah. If not for somebody else, then for my own accident-prone ass.

I don't exactly like needles, but I can handle them. Been in the ER, had my blood tested a lot of times, and had a few very amusing biology lessons in school. To give some perspective, I'm very chill about taking my own blood for tests and such. It's when other people hold the needle that I don't handle it as well. That comes from a very incompetent nurse, and that's a fact.

Then there's the thing about gay men donating blood. But if whoever needs my blood won't accept it because I love another man, they don't deserve to have any of it. Pricks.

Then again I'm ace and have a non-existent sex life, so the 12 month rule of "no sex with men" is sort of wasted on me.

I can't donate blood until I've gained more weight... T^T ... Dammit...

Reactions: Minibit
Then there's the thing about gay men donating blood. But if whoever needs my blood won't accept it because I love another man, they don't deserve to have any of it. Pricks.
While I can certainly appreciate being disgusted with them for discrimination, do keep in mind the blood clinics aren't the ones who need the blood, it's the victim who most likely very much so deserves a chance to live. They aren't the ones who make up the policies.

I can't donate blood until I've gained more weight... T^T ... Dammit...
Doritos_at_Hempfest.jpg

Let me help.

Doritos_at_Hempfest.jpg

Let me help.
That won't help. I have a high metabolism, and even then, I wouldn't eat that for the life of me just to gain some weight. I'd feel so awful eating junk food that I don't eat in the first place.

That won't help. I have a high metabolism, and even then, I wouldn't eat that for the life of me just to gain some weight. I'd feel so awful eating junk food that I don't eat in the first place.
Fine.

Go boar hunting and eat the entire thing in a sitting. It's the only way.

I've done it twice and now the blood suckers won't stop calling me for more.

I really WANT to donate blood, but with my lovely health issues, I'm always kind of wondering if it wouldn't be brutal on my system or if the medication I'm taking would contaminate the blood, so to speak
They have a quiz!

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I just threw in a few false answers and I like how they immediately stop the quiz if something stops you, rather than letting it finish and then going "Oops sorry you can't. But we won't say why".

Huh, looks like there's an opening tomorrow Friday in the same place I donated blood last time.

And it's just a 10-15 minute walk away from my college, where there's going to be an anime club pizza party anime club studio ghibli marathon.

I think I'm donating blood tomorrow Friday now. :3

Last edited:
  • Love
I didn't know you had to be 17 to be honest, but even when I'm older I'm not sure I can donate blood so openly. I know it helps people and that's great, but blood is just something I can't bring myself to share like that. I dunno, it's kinda a personal thing that just gets me incredibly weirded out. My dad has that with his eyes too, that even as a donor his eyes are having to stay and not be taken.

Instead, I'm gonna get my hair hella long and donate that to make someone a pretty wig :D

I didn't know you had to be 17 to be honest, but even when I'm older I'm not sure I can donate blood so openly. I know it helps people and that's great, but blood is just something I can't bring myself to share like that. I dunno, it's kinda a personal thing that just gets me incredibly weirded out. My dad has that with his eyes too, that even as a donor his eyes are having to stay and not be taken.

Instead, I'm gonna get my hair hella long and donate that to make someone a pretty wig :D
The site I linked to was Blood.CA (Canadian Blood Services). The rules may be different in the states, but I wouldn't count on it. Still, you should research the rules for your state to be sure!

I think I should check into when/where I'm able to donate blood soon. Definitely want to do it again.

• Love
The site I linked to was Blood.CA (Canadian Blood Services). The rules may be different in the states, but I wouldn't count on it. Still, you should research the rules for your state to be sure!
Which was convenient for me since I'm Canadian. :3
I think I should check into when/where I'm able to donate blood soon. Definitely want to do it again.
I suggest seeing if you can work into being a pit stop on your way from Point A to B.
That's what I'm doing with my blood donation today.

Just... give yourself a good long rest period if your method of getting from Point A to B is driving yourself.

Reactions: Gonzo
I suggest seeing if you can work into being a pit stop on your way from Point A to B.
That's what I'm doing with my blood donation today.

Just... give yourself a good long rest period if your method of getting from Point A to B is driving yourself.
I'll remember that for the future. Not planning on going anywhere/doing anything today. Especially since I haven't slept a wink yet.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.