1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Romance, Horror, Mystery, Slice of Life, Modern, Post Apocalypse
I keep getting notices for a blog I did not follow. I have "un-watched" it countless times but I keep getting updates. In poking around I see that I am "following" the blogs of each of the people I follow even though I didn't set this up. So the person for the blog in question was someone I accidentally followed when looking at their profile on my phone (fumble fingers) because they had looked to join an RP I was in. While I immediately un-followed them, I am still getting blog updates and have for months now. I was chatting with another friend and it came up that they have a similar situation.

So is there any fix for this? It is easy enough to clear out the notices but the content is a bit unsettling and I'd rather not see even the little I get from the notices if possible.

Reactions: Sjöfn
If you can't unfollow a blog from the blog systems watched list, then it's probably a bug there somewhere o_o This could be because the blog system is so old and it really needs an update, but we don't have any updates we can go over to yet, which means certain bugs can't be fixed as of now.

If you aren't into reading blogs overall or just don't care for getting alerts from any blogs, you can check out your alert preferences. The ones for the blogs are on the bottom of the page. If you don't want alerts from any blog ever, you can uncheck the first box and then it won't matter if you follow someone or not, you won't receive messages from their blogs.

• Useful
  • Thank You
Reactions: Sjöfn and Adelaide
Thank you, I'll do that and alert my fellow sufferer to this thread.

Just to double check on the process you use. You go to "blogs", and then "watched blogs", select the blog you want to stop watching, and then in the drop-down menu, you select "stop watching blogs", and it vanishes from your list of watched blogs.

But you still get alerts, even though it is no longer on your list of watched blogs?

Yes, that is the case. I have Unwatched it several times and still every time they update their blog I get a notice. Fortunately they do not update often. It isn't in my list of subscribed blogs now and I went ahead and disabled notifications for all blogs as instructed above. Not a fix but it will do. Hopefully I won't get any more notices.

It might be an individual blog post that is still on your watched list for some reason. Like if you commented on a blog post, it will auto-watch that one post and then any time someone comments on that post you will get an alert. O__O So I'd check for that too.

I have never commented on this person's blog. I'm not 100% certain why I am even getting notices. My best theory is is that since all the people I follow have their blogs automatically added to my watched list (I've never added a blog there manually) and that once when on this person's profile page on my phone I accidentally hit "follow" rather than "go to profile page" on the pop-up that it got added. Since then I have tried many times to unfollow, only to get notifications when the blog updates. I have changed my alert preferences to the satisfactory work-around so I am content for now since I never used the blogs in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.